Fire Emblem Heroes

Astro Dude

I swear I have the craziest luck. I only had 20 orbs plus my free summon for the Legendary Banner. So I use my free summon and instantly the orbs I get to choose from are 4 red orbs and one blue orb. I decide to pick one of the red orbs and get a five star Sigurd, which makes me a bit happy. But what I really what is Gunnthrá, so I back out then hit the banner again. This time I get two green orbs, so I pick both and get a four star Sheena and a three star Barst. So I'm getting worried, with 11 orbs left and no Gunnthrá. But I back out and hit the banner again. Instantly I know that the game doesn't want me to get Gunnthrá as I get four blue orbs and one colorless. Since there is no way to take back my spent five orbs, I pick a blue and get a four star Subaki, which I have like 2 of. So with only 6 orbs left, I only have one shot to get Gunnthrá. So I hit the banner one last time and get two green orbs, one top right, one top.

After a bit of deciding, I pick the top one and get. . . . .Gunnthrá!!! Haven't checked her stats yet but I don't care what they are. I'm just happy I got her.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Low BST means using Gunnthra is going to be hard in Arena.

Not anymore difficult than standard Horse Emblem, thankfully she's not powercrept and has the same BST as other ranged horses. Shouldn't really be an issue unless you're trying to stay in T20. And unless I'm mistaken, she should actually grant bonus points because of her Legendary hero status with the blessing, like Fjorm did.

Plus, Camilla, in Hoshidan attire? What black magic is this?

A fanservice milking scheme, surely. Quite blatant if you ask me, but if it sells, I can't blame them. I'm not interested in overly fanservice characters myself, but it's clear that many players do.

Managed to summon a "Prince of Soup: Takumi" (+speed, -atk). The bane is a tad unfortunate, but I'll take it.

Trying to get some more of the new year units, I also got a 5 star Kagero (+res, -atk) in a circle with a lot of colorless stones. I already had one with opposite nature, which I consider better. Now to determine whether to merge her, or to give her weapon away.

Along the way I also got a spare 4 star Tailtui, whose "Drive speed 2" would be amazing on flying Azura. Now I just need to summon her.

The fact that Ryoma is part of the next VG proves IS wasn't initially planning on having Corrin separate from everyone else as part of a New Year event. But at least it's something that they decided to change their minds about.

It'd be really funny if he won, though Tharja winning a 3rd one would be pretty funny, too. Personally I'll be on Lissa's team first.

No, he's not getting a New Year's outfit, it's just regular Ryoma in the voting gauntlet. They obviously just took Corrin out of the trailer (since even Rhajat showed up a little in the Children of Fates trailer even though she wasn't on that banner) and the voting gauntlet and shoehorned in Ryoma as a last minute replacement. There's no way it'd be this way if they had intended Corrin as an event reward in the first place.

VlfXkg5e1C-G10dbjXnaRRwf4nU0Wvj14GVC5Afp

Well, they didn't entirely conceal the character because it appears in the Paralogues. I found it kinda odd if they wanted to keep it as a surprise or something.

Anyway, began my rolls for "Airzura". I'm relatively low on Orbs so I'm taking it easy. Funny thing is that whenever I get a set with no Green orbs, I pick Red for the odd chance for Elincia or New Year Camilla why not, right? Well, I got Camilla already from such rolls xD

With the free orbs from January and the voting gauntlet (I'm on team Robin), I managed to get enough orbs to do some more summoning. With it I managed to summon "Celebratory spirit: Azura" (+hp, -atk). The bane is a tad unfortunate, but it isn't as bad on her since she is a support unit first and foremost. 

Tried the legendary banner one more time. I got Innes.

On another note, the voting gauntlet came right out of nowhere and we have no idea who has the most votes. Plus, we can only support new years faction since that's the only holiday themed banner available, and we're still in the middle of Tempest Trials.

Yesh! Team Winter Lissa made it and beat one of the fanservice queens!

Things are looking grim vs. Azura however, the difference in points at the time of this post us uncanny.

Anyway, I want to understand or discuss:

In build suggestions I have read, it is often suggested to go for a bane in HP, but it got me wondering: is HP really the worse status? I mean, HP should be just as important as Def and Res when it comes to bulk, and in a way it counts as a defense in both sides because more HP means you can take better both Def- and Res-based attacks, so how come it is the preferred boon? I understand if the character has skills that depend on Def or Res, namely Ignis/Bonfire and Iceberg/Glacies then it wouldn't like to drop its Def or Res respectively, but if the character isn't, wouldn't it better to sacrifice its worse defense (Def or Res) over HP?

Yesh! Team Winter Lissa made it and beat one of the fanservice queens!

Things are looking grim vs. Azura however, the difference in points at the time of this post us uncanny.

Anyway, I want to understand or discuss:

In build suggestions I have read, it is often suggested to go for a bane in HP, but it got me wondering: is HP really the worse status? I mean, HP should be just as important as Def and Res when it comes to bulk, and in a way it counts as a defense in both sides because more HP means you can take better both Def- and Res-based attacks, so how come it is the preferred boon? I understand if the character has skills that depend on Def or Res, namely Ignis/Bonfire and Iceberg/Glacies then it wouldn't like to drop its Def or Res respectively, but if the character isn't, wouldn't it better to sacrifice its worse defense (Def or Res) over HP?

There is a slight difference. First you have the point of getting doubled; in that case a boon/bane in the defensive stats is counted twice (and four times in case of fast brave weapon users), whereas hp isn't.

Another point is that you have a better chance to fully mitigate any damage your unit might take. Only taking damage from specials, or non-lethal skills ("poison strike", "fury", etc), puts you in a better position than having a unit with more hp which does take damage from regular combat.

The finals for the voting gauntlet are somewhat unexected, but that fine. After Robin had fallen, I decided to go back Azura… while she did win the round, I hardly managed to win any matches. Everyone seems to be sending out green units (with "triangle adept" flying Azura being a popular option), which isn't that great when the opponent has red units/archers.

There is a slight difference. First you have the point of getting doubled; in that case a boon/bane in the defensive stats is counted twice (and four times in case of fast brave weapon users), whereas hp isn't.

Another point is that you have a better chance to fully mitigate any damage your unit might take. Only taking damage from specials, or non-lethal skills ("poison strike", "fury", etc), puts you in a better position than having a unit with more hp which does take damage from regular combat.

The finals for the voting gauntlet are somewhat unexected, but that fine. After Robin had fallen, I decided to go back Azura… while she did win the round, I hardly managed to win any matches. Everyone seems to be sending out green units (with "triangle adept" flying Azura being a popular option), which isn't that great when the opponent has red units/archers. 

Oh, right. The multiple attacks are a big reason. And I would say that more HP is more helpful vs. skill damage, but yeah, overall it's better to take combat hits better.

Speaking of gauntlet battles, I'm also losing more frequently. Or rather, not to brag or anything, I started to lose xD since in the last gauntlet IIRC I won all my battles. Maybe it's because I was starting back then, and it paired me with more manageable opponents, but this time I get really tough ones, or one-sided battles due to the colors of my team, or maps where mages and ranged units have advantage, like that map with bridges, or the indoor labyrinth.

Did some more summoning on the new year banner, in the hopes of getting a Camilla (or Elincia), or a better Takumi/Azura. Did manage to get a 5 star unit, but not one I was looking for: "Heir of Light: Seliph" (+atk, -res). He has a decent nature at least, and his sword can be refined to become rather powerful,  so it isn't all bad.

Speaking of gauntlet battles, I'm also losing more frequently. Or rather, not to brag or anything, I started to lose xD since in the last gauntlet IIRC I won all my battles. Maybe it's because I was starting back then, and it paired me with more manageable opponents, but this time I get really tough ones, or one-sided battles due to the colors of my team, or maps where mages and ranged units have advantage, like that map with bridges, or the indoor labyrinth.

I usually just set a weaker unit to fight for me in the gauntlet. The opponent's levels are scaled to my unit while I get a high-leveled unit from one of my in-game friends who steamrolls all of the opponents.

I usually just set a weaker unit to fight for me in the gauntlet. The opponent's levels are scaled to my unit while I get a high-leveled unit from one of my in-game friends who steamrolls all of the opponents.

Oh, so that's the trick! Cool, I'm getting more victories now xD

Oh, so that's the trick! Cool, I'm getting more victories now xD

Oh, that is. . . .a rather well thought tactic. But I will have you know that I use a Level 40 Bridal Caeda and I have never lost on the voting gauntlet battles.

Archived