Fire Emblem Heroes

Astro Dude

Ephraim is the best unit on the banner. He’s a better OG/LA Hector, comparable moreso to LegHector without the fire boon. Special Fighter is insane with multi-attack weapons, he just requires higher input (read: Distant counter or DB4).

Hector is the most consistent unit, because you can almost build him out the box, and he’s a more optimized Hardin, while Hardin retains the niche of higher Res/Warding Breath.

Celica is generally worse than Ayra/Karla because her enemy phase is worse, meaning she’s pretty solely Player Phase.

Vero has potential to be a better Bowlyn. Really good aggro support unit.

Celica is prob worst of the banner.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't say he's better that LA Hector. LA Hector can threaten to kill you with 1 attack, it takes Ephraim 2. He can't prevent doubles if he's running SF either.  Ephraim also has a bit of catch-22 problem, since green is honestly a horrible color for SF.

How is green horrible for it? It lets him survive red swords that would otherwise murder him.

Ephraim takes two, but that second swing is going to be an Aether if he’s seen any combat, so combined with not dying to red swords, it means he just bodies a lot of dudes.

Preventing doubles doesn’t mean much against ephraim. Wary Fighter isn’t good, and Thunder Armads has a niche, but that’s more where it’s a matter of comparison, with legHector and ephraim being similar to Hardin and Brave hector.

SF gives him a Mixed Phase niche that LegHector doesn’t have, while being a generally insane unit in the context of having DC.

Ayra and Karla are both coming in fully charged on the first hit. He still loses to Slaying Edge Zelgius. He doesnt die to Heavy Blade Legendary Ryoma, but you dont kill Ryoma either due to Firesweep. Those are the top tier special Sword abusers.

And he’s not going to die to Ayra or Karla without Quickened Pulse, given personalization that happens regularly. Neither die if it’s Ayra, and Karla dies. Close Def, which is arguably optimal as Ephraimm’s seal, gives him more survivability, and QP actually makes him win both matchups on initiation.

He loses if he’s initiated on, but that’s still something you can’t say for others than LegHector with ally support, because you’re not running Wary.

Haven’t checked Zelg. It still gives him a better matchup than he previously had, all the same, and surviving Ryoma is a thing, no matter how you downplay it.

EDIT: if you account for buffs and ward skills, he can actually kill Ayra or Karla on defense, depending on his build, even coming out with nearly max HP against Ayra. Of course, theycan always have similar buffs, too, but units don’t exist in a vacuum, and Ephraim will likely be surrounded by armors.

Ayra is easier to kill than Karla, with a +6 to defense (Fortify, Odd Def, Def tactics) earning him the win on defense, with the only thing required being Close Defense 3 seal. He beats Karla with as little as Drive Defense 2 on top of the +6. It isn’t that difficult to build your team for this, considering it doesn’t really require concessions to be made.

Gonna agree that B!Ephraim is better than L!Hector, though it is close. A weapon that's a very easily activated (if B!Ephraim has a Wave skill he can even proc it by himself) essentially Bold + Vengeful Fighter to go with a B skill that grants Breath CDR plus what is essentially Guard 7 that works both phases is beyond insane (L!Hector can run it as well but that means no doubles without QR seal, off the top of my head I think only B!Hector can run SF well and he still can't run it as well as B!Ephraim). L!Hector's weapon is also strong since with VF it grants him Omnibreaker and he can give CDR to teammates as well as having more min-maxed stats. Both have their uses but I personally like B!Ephraim more because Bold Fighter + Vengeful Fighter + Breath + Guard (that still allows him to run DC) on a single unit is amazing.

Also I like him more aesthetically, which is something you shouldn't downplay in a game like this.

Been clearing "chain challenges" and "squad assaults" to claim the orbs I had "saved" for choose-your-legends. Got a few summoning session out of it, ending on a rather great one: both Ephraim (+def, -hp) and Veronica (+res, -speed), in addition to a 5 star Legault (+res, -speed). Not the best natures, but at least I got both units I voted for.

Veronica's niche as fastest healer is somewhat hampered by that bane, but she should still be serviceable as a (de)buffer that can attack enemies safely. My Lyn and Genny have maxed their hero merit already (I didn't farm it, it just maxed out due to extensive use), so Veronica can serve as a replacement for them… until her hero merit is maxed out as well.

Ephraim might favor a different nature than he has, but it is far from bad. I will probably use him as my bonus unit next arena season. Not quite sure after that, considering green is a rather contested color in my barracks.

Now about the new legendary hero. It somewhat surprises me that it has taken them this long to release Marth as a legendary hero; in his own universe he was pretty much a legendary hero… unlike a certain certain someone who already was classified as one(Grima). His weapon is somewhat reminiscent of Eirika's weapon refinement, but based on his own buffs (in addition to dragon effectiveness). With the tactic and/or wave skills, he could reach an effective +12 in each stat. Unless he has a terrible stat line, that massive boost could easily swing combat in his favor.

His personal special lets him buff all his (and his allies) stats by 4; which is effectively 8 for him thanks to his weapon. But not only that, he also gets to deal 30% of his speed as damage. Though I wonder whether it is considered one special when it comes to activation, or two. The stat boost namely triggers after battle, whereas the bonus damage is dealt during combat. If both have their own trigger, it will be a somewhat annoying special to manage effectively. We will see how it ends up.

Full dragon teams will probably have some issues taking him down without casualties, as Nowi/Kana M are most likely the only members with a decent chance to oneshot him when they initiate, as Marth gets to double them should they fail (thanks to his B-skill). Baiting is out of the question, and even with "Swordbreaker" on the dragons it comes down to a speed check, where I expect Marth to be in a better position.

I'm a tad low on orbs, and not all that impressed by the line-up of this banner. Will probably stop after the free summon.

Been clearing "chain challenges" and "squad assaults" to claim the orbs I had "saved" for choose-your-legends. Got a few summoning session out of it, ending on a rather great one: both Ephraim (+def, -hp) and Veronica (+res, -speed), in addition to a 5 star Legault (+res, -speed). Not the best natures, but at least I got both units I voted for.

Veronica's niche as fastest healer is somewhat hampered by that bane, but she should still be serviceable as a (de)buffer that can attack enemies safely. My Lyn and Genny have maxed their hero merit already (I didn't farm it, it just maxed out due to extensive use), so Veronica can serve as a replacement for them… until her hero merit is maxed out as well.

Ephraim might favor a different nature than he has, but it is far from bad. I will probably use him as my bonus unit next arena season. Not quite sure after that, considering green is a rather contested color in my barracks.

Now about the new legendary hero. It somewhat surprises me that it has taken them this long to release Marth as a legendary hero; in his own universe he was pretty much a legendary hero… unlike a certain certain someone who already was classified as one(Grima). His weapon is somewhat reminiscent of Eirika's weapon refinement, but based on his own buffs (in addition to dragon effectiveness). With the tactic and/or wave skills, he could reach an effective +12 in each stat. Unless he has a terrible stat line, that massive boost could easily swing combat in his favor.

His personal special lets him buff all his (and his allies) stats by 4; which is effectively 8 for him thanks to his weapon. But not only that, he also gets to deal 30% of his speed as damage. Though I wonder whether it is considered one special when it comes to activation, or two. The stat boost namely triggers after battle, whereas the bonus damage is dealt during combat. If both have their own trigger, it will be a somewhat annoying special to manage effectively. We will see how it ends up.

Full dragon teams will probably have some issues taking him down without casualties, as Nowi/Kana M are most likely the only members with a decent chance to oneshot him when they initiate, as Marth gets to double them should they fail (thanks to his B-skill). Baiting is out of the question, and even with "Swordbreaker" on the dragons it comes down to a speed check, where I expect Marth to be in a better position.

I'm a tad low on orbs, and not all that impressed by the line-up of this banner. Will probably stop after the free summon.

Same here.

I wouldn't mind being pity broken by Lene, her art is great and if one didn't plan on using her, Safeguard and Firestorm Dance are both powerful skills to inherit. And I've already got a Swordhardt.

EDIT: Got L!Marth after about 25 orbs, +Spd -Atk isn't the best but it's not bad either cuz his weapon puts him at 42 Spd.

Well, beat both the Abyssal maps. I looked at a couple guides to get me started but due to differences in teams and IVs had to figure out parts of it myself, but I worked it out eventually.

Thank god for Veronica, though. She's like B!Lyn that trades a bit of offense for overwhelming support and utility, imo making her an even stronger unit overall. The teamwide buffs from her stave and Windfire Balm+ are insane, and the only reason I could beat Grima's LHB was being able to slowly chip her down with Veronica's uncounterable attacks.

Well, beat both the Abyssal maps. I looked at a couple guides to get me started but due to differences in teams and IVs had to figure out parts of it myself, but I worked it out eventually.

Thank god for Veronica, though. She's like B!Lyn that trades a bit of offense for overwhelming support and utility, imo making her an even stronger unit overall. The teamwide buffs from her stave and Windfire Balm+ are insane, and the only reason I could beat Grima's LHB was being able to slowly chip her down with Veronica's uncounterable attacks.

Glad I chose Veronica, but will the other Brave heroes be available after the banner expires?

New announcement trailer. This time it features characters from "Genealog of the holy war". Was somewhat expected given the recent grand hero battle.

Rally skills get an additional level, where both buffed skills get +6. The first one introduced here is "Rally spd/def", in the base-kit of Quan. His perconal lance boosts his attack and defense by 5 when fighting infantry/armor/cavalry. He also comes with "drive attack" and "Steady posture" (which boosts his speed and defense by 4 when under attack).

Another sword dancer, Silvia. This one comes with a new inheritable sword that boost the wielder's resistance by 7 when under attack. She also has a new dancer specific skill that most people will probably replace, and "mirror stance".

Lastly, we get a new skill that accelerates the trigger of specials: "Special Spiral". It functions the same as Ares's sword, except it is in the B-slot. I expect some limitations on who can inherit it, but infantry units are pretty much a given it comes on one: Lewyn. His personal tome seems to be a reverse desperation, in that his hp needs to be more than 50%. Furthermore, he has "Glimmer", "swift sparrow" and "odd attack wave".

Aside from Lewyn, these units seem somewhat unremarkable. Their stat spread might change my view though.

Lewyn looks promising though, and could be as strong as Ishtar. Heck, the reverse Desperation effect of its weapon seems scary enough.

Still, not interested in the banner. I'm not familiar with Genealogy characters and I don't find any of their novelties interesting. If anything, I would roll reds for the chance of Silvia because of her appearance, but wouldn't go past the first summoning set. However, I would give second thoughts if they had, let's say, an unique weapon+mobility combination.

Archived