Fire Emblem Heroes

Astro Dude

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A reddit user made an inquiry regarding the free pick of choose your legends from last year. Based on the answer, it seems that you cannot pick Ike, Lyn, Roy or Lucina anymore tomorrow. So if you haven't done so already, and want one of those, you might need to summon today.

The details on said banner indicate that when it ends, or the featured units change, a notice will be sent out. I would have expected that type of notice to be sent out sooner.

The part about the focus units changing on the banner makes me wonder: Will players that picked a unit last year still have the ability to pick a new one? We will probably find out a few hours before the reset… or thereafter, but it is probably too late by then.

Uh, the CYL have been revealed. Honestly, I'm disappointed xD

I feel Veronica got the short end of the stick as a healer, but IDK, may be missing something. Can't go wrong with Razzle Dazzle, though.

Ephraim is wannabe Hector :v well, not really since doesn't have any build-in Distant Counter but, I mean, he's competing with Hector and even M!Grima as a armored green.

Hector is powercrept. Really, Hector is IMO the best of them.

And Celica is yet-another red Swordmaster and they couldn't be more creative with her than giving her a Level4 skill, which IDK which implications it brings. Are Level4 skills the incoming next best things?

Not a big fan of their arts, either.

Guess I will pick Veronica out of devotion, but based on strength I would go for Hector.

I'm probably going to pick either Hector as my Hardin is -Atk, leaving my Effie as my only good offensive lance armour, or Veronica as she basically has Peshkatz as a staff and I use cavalry emblem more than armour, and that staff works very well with Gunnthra.

Celica looks amusing with Death Blow 4 and Double Lion, and Ephraim's B skill should be good, but they aren't as high on my list right now.

Celica stole Alm's Double Lion and made it better, combined with the CDR and DB4 that's crazy strong player phase.

Veronica comes with Razzle Dazzle and has some insane support with those buffs, she could even just be a terror on her own with +4 to her stuff and -4 to the enemy.

Hector and Ephraim are of course nuts, got those armor stats and Ephraim has what is essentially Guard Breath and Bold+Vengeful because of his weapon, while Hector has better DC and Bold+Vengeful as well.

Those titles in spanish :v

So... Celica is an expected Ayra-type unit.

Both armors have high Def and average Res, while Hector built-in patches his Res with the Res Wave. Was kinda hoping for them to have different base builds, like either of them having a higher Res, or hitting 40+ ATK.

And Veronica is going for the offense. 32/36 stats are good... right? IDK what's the standard for offensive mages. AFAIK Maribelle was the best offensive healer now and she has 35/33, so Veronica is trading some Atk for Spd, while her staff does have a higher Atk than most staves.

Looking the arts again, they aren't bad. If anything, I could complain that both Eprhaim and Hector are green, and Veronica's head looks a bit too big to me with that attire, but those are mere nitpicks. I noticed users complaining about Celica's art on the reddit site, but I like it.

I figured out what I feel Veronica is missing: a personal skill. Really, if Hector got DC 2.0, she should have had Wrathful Staff 2.0, IMO. But then it would break the pattern of 2nd places not getting personal skills, huh.

Managed to get a +Spd/-Atk Sumia from the CYL banner, while trying to get Hector on my main. Didn't get him or Veronica before I ran out of the orbs I had, so picked Hector as the free choice.

On my alt I managed to get both Elise (+Spd/-HP) and Maribelle (+Atk/-HP) but no Veronica. Not sure if I'll take Veronica as my free choice as planned as I pulled two other cavalry healers with good IVs, so I might pick Hector or Ephraim instead. Not going for Celica as I have plenty of good swords already.

So far I have managed to summon a "Hector: General of Ostia" (+res, -speed). Nature is decent enough. Will hold onto him, for my living Pokédex; the next one will give Myrrh "Distant counter"… assuming he remains the only unit with that skill.

I will hold of on picking a free unit until after the banner has ended. Will probably go for Ephraim or Veronica. Maybe Hector if I can get both.

On my side, I got Bravephraim from the first round, and with +Atk/-Spd, even! Freaking finally, a Rank5 exclusive with a good boon.

I still got some orbs so will continue rolling for the banner until I drop to 100 orbs or so. Also I'm reserving the free Rank5 for Hector, the unit I don't get, or an extra Veronica if I get her from the banner.

Managed to pull a +Def/-Res Veronica on my alt, so not sure who to take as my free pull. Celica I can use easily out the gate, and Hector and Ephraim would both be nice to have being armours. Leaning more twards Hector as outside a +Res/-HP Effie, I have no other Blue armours, while for Red and Green I have Black Knight and Amelia.

Oh yeah, and I finally used that free Takumi we got awhile back and gave Close Counter to Veronica. With her stave is active she has an effective 29/27 (+4 to Def/Res and -4 to the enemy's Atk), and I also gave her the Close Def seal bumping that to 35/33.

This banner has been somewhat of amixed bag for me so far. On one hand I have managed to summon three 5 star units within 100 orbs, which is amazing. On the other hand, none of them were focus units, and their natures aren't really amazing. Not that I'm complaining, they are good units.

In my previous post I mentioned Hector (+res, -speed). Since then, his "Armdas" evolved into "Berserk Armads". Furthermore, he inherited the skills "Swap", "Glimmer" and "Vantage" to round out his set.

Shortly after, I summoned Delthea (+hp, -def). She wasn't really going to tank a physical hit anyway, so a bane in that stat should hardly make a difference. Her boon in hp doesn't really help her all that much though. Haven't really invested in her yet. She is also I unit I was missing in my hero catalogue.

Lastly, I summoned a brave Ike (+hp, -speed). Already have one with a better nature, so this one will probably be used to give another unit "Steady breath", haven't decided on who though. Zelgius (+atk, -speed), Black Knight +1, and male Kana +2 (in addition to a selection of units I use less), all want that skill.

Earlier I was thinking of maybe picking Ephraim if I cannot summon him. But after giving it some though, it doesn't seem like that great an idea; he has to compete with Grima, Hector, and Legendary Hector (not to mention Myrrh). So unless I can summon the others of this banner, he will have a somewhat lower priority.

Celica is in a similar boat to Emphraim, competing with Mia, Soleil, and Lucina instead. Favoritsm for the other units also works against her. She is thus lowest on my priority list.

Hector would have to compete with Hardin, and maybe Kana. Hector's weapon and A-skill are better than what Hardin has, whereas the rest of their can be practically tje same. He is also easier to merge than Kana (theoretically), given their status as a Grand Hero Battle. So the choice seems to be in Hector's favor.

Veronica is still tempting though, given I don't have a 5 star cavalry healer, and even if I were to upgrade a 4 star one, they wouldn't be as effective without either "Dazzling staff" or "Wrathful staff"; both of which are currently locked to five star units.

Still rolling or the banner, and so far, sniping for Colorless and Blues I tap on a red one by mistake and I'm pitybroken-but-not-really by Brave Celica, +Res/-Def, nothing amazing but at least it doesn't hurts her offense stats. Later I got a Brave Veronica finally, but as +Res/-Def it is not different to a Neutral one that I can pick from the free banner. Will roll some more, really want a Veronica with good nature for once. I already regret not rolling for a better Summer Linde.

Anyway, to comment about something else, some new Cipher cards for Titania were posted in the reddit site, and that made me think that it wold be really cool to have a banner with younger versions of veteran units. Imagine Jagen, Marcus, Titania and Gunter on their golden ages, surely they were crazy strong on their prime.

Archived