Vice-President Mike Pence says anti-LGBT discrimination has 'no place' in Donald Trump's administration

Ryusei the Morning Star

The big flaw here is that it's from the Daily Mail, aka. Fake News British Edition.

If you bothered to actually read. You'd notice the ABC Interview at the bottom. Maybe it was a russian hacker making a fake video?

The big flaw here is you, sadly to say

Here, since google is too much effort: http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/mike-pence-lgbt-rights-discrimination-place-trump-administration/story?id=45273812

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4194888/Mike-Pence-says-anti-LGBT-discrimination-no-place.html

Video is at the bottom. 

Guess the fear-mongering is over bois

Literally the second line

ABC is fake news though?

No, I wasn't implying that

I just know that the Daily Mail is essentially Britain's Breitbart in that they make things up, but will sometimes grab onto a real story in order to make them look like a "real" newspaper or news outlet, so I didn't click the link.

I believe that Cr47t is trying to say that daily mail is a tabloid that has a tendency to "push the facts", and I have seen a few instances of them doing so, but the ABC video on there is an exception.

As for the claim that Pence made, sounds like a forced strategy of sorts, no doubt to keep whatever integrity the administration still has together. Its very likely that this is a temporary compromise for his actual views.

This is absolutely meaningless when the GOP has already framed LGBT discrimination as "protecting the rights of religious people" on multiple occasions. Republicans are masters of doublespeak and this is no exception.

This statement is not to be taken at face value.

even past face value, trump, unless i'm mistaken, has already said he would do nothing of the sort, and has made no moves that i know of, that counteract his claim. there's plenty things to doubt, but i don't think this is one of those things.

Considering that he parrots whatever he hears on Fox News and could very well turn it into policy, it's only a matter of time until he "learns" that gay weed marriage causes bad trade deals to be signed into law and accelerated hair loss.

Who knows what'll happen then.

that's a rather large leap. he's got his moments, but that's simply not something i can see happening at any point in the game. 

This is absolutely meaningless when the GOP has already framed LGBT discrimination as "protecting the rights of religious people" on multiple occasions. Republicans are masters of doublespeak and this is no exception.

This statement is not to be taken at face value.

While you are right and it would be wise to look at this with skepticism, it is not necessarily helpful/good to homogenize the GOP into a single entity.  (Even though they pretty much are.) 

I do wanna believe Mike Pence at least has the decency to be against outright discrimination. 

But the GOP establishment in congress is a homogenized entity. They worked in unison to undermine everything Obama wanted to do and generally vote for repugnant, rapacious policies, once more in unison.

Unless you mean the voter base.

Well yeah, that's why I said they kinda are.  What I mean is that you have an example of someone at least pretending to go against the grain here.  

"All Republicans do X"

"That Republican doing Not X doesn't count because all Republicans do X"

Again, I'm skeptical, but to disregard it entirely because of party lines isn't necessarily helpful either. 

Well yeah, that's why I said they kinda are.  What I mean is that you have an example of someone at least pretending to go against the grain here.  

"All Republicans do X"

"That Republican doing Not X doesn't count because all Republicans do X"

Again, I'm skeptical, but to disregard it entirely because of party lines isn't necessarily helpful either. 

It's no like the LGBT community (and other minority communities for that matter) doesn't have precedent for it. It'd be different if Republican politicians were more divided on the matter, but the party in general just does not seem to have a favorable opinion of the community. Even when Republican politicians speak in favor the LGBT community they still tend pass laws that harm us. Most of the time it just tends to be pat on the back before setting civil rights two steps back.

Archived