AGA (Ask Garland Anything)

GarlandChaos

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Favorite meme?

I...honestly can't pick. I love them all. ;w;

#WHYCANTIHOLDALLTHESEMEMES

What is your favorite underrated game that more people should know about?

If I was asked this question four years ago, I would say Riviera: The Promised Land.

Nowadays, I can't think of anything underrated, per se, but I'd DEFINITELY say most non-Persona Shin Megami Tensei games, as SMT is my favorite game franchise of all time and DESPERATELY needs more recognition outside of Japan without using the Persona moniker.

I have a bit of a personal dislike for the Persona series after the first game and Innocent Sin and Eternal Punishment. In case I haven't said this around certain people before.

If I was asked this question four years ago, I would say Riviera: The Promised Land.

Nowadays, I can't think of anything underrated, per se, but I'd DEFINITELY say most non-Persona Shin Megami Tensei games, as SMT is my favorite game franchise of all time and DESPERATELY needs more recognition outside of Japan without using the Persona moniker.

I have a bit of a personal dislike for the Persona series after the first game and Innocent Sin and Eternal Punishment. In case I haven't said this around certain people before.

Hmm, never heard of Riviera: The Promised Land before, but looking at the images, I'm reminded of Disgaea.

I agree with you on Shin Megami Tensei, all I ever hear people talking about is Persona. Now, the only Shin Megami Tensei game I've ever played was Devil Summoner 2, and that game was amazing, but no one seems to talk about it.

Hmm, never heard of Riviera: The Promised Land before, but looking at the images, I'm reminded of Disgaea.

I agree with you on Shin Megami Tensei, all I ever hear people talking about is Persona. Now, the only Shin Megami Tensei game I've ever played was Devil Summoner 2, and that game was amazing, but no one seems to talk about it.

PLEASE TELL ME YOU MEAN SOUL HACKERS AND NOT RAIDOU KUZUNOHA VERSUS KING ABADDON. ;W;

Just kidding fam, I heard good things about the Raidou games. :3

On the topic of Riviera, it's actually a VERY different game from Disgaea. There is quite a bit of strategy involved, including a Fire Emblem-styled item durability system, but it's a JRPG at its core.

Well, a JRPG that takes a lot of creative liberties with the standard formula, but still a JRPG nonetheless. It's actually a little hard to explain because of all the game mechanics and stuff floating around.

PLEASE TELL ME YOU MEAN SOUL HACKERS AND NOT RAIDOU KUZUNOHA VERSUS KING ABADDON. ;W;

Just kidding fam, I heard good things about the Raidou games. :3

On the topic of Riviera, it's actually a VERY different game from Disgaea. There is quite a bit of strategy involved, including a Fire Emblem-styled item durability system, but it's a JRPG at its core.

Well, a JRPG that takes a lot of creative liberties with the standard formula, but still a JRPG nonetheless. It's actually a little hard to explain because of all the game mechanics and stuff floating around.

Hah, sorry, it was indeed Raidou Kuzunoha vs. King Abaddon. Again, I'm not very familiar with Shin Megami Tensei, but that game got me hooked for quite some time.

I'll have to check out Riviera sometime, too. It does seem interesting, from what you mentioned, and I just love exploring underrated games.

I'll have to check out Riviera sometime, too. It does seem interesting, from what you mentioned, and I just love exploring underrated games.

It can be a bit tedious at times because of all the grinding that the game encourages you to do(stats are most often increased by using certain items a certain amount of times; no traditional level ups), and it also LOVES quick-time events, but if you look past its numerous flaws, you'll find a decent RPG with a pretty dope soundtrack(ESPECIALLY the PSP version. Good lawd.) and kinda cool cast of characters(Serene being my favorite of the main 5).

If you were a superhero, what would your name be?

Collateral Damage Man

I honestly don't know. I like RPGs(the video game genre; not to be confused with the rocket launcher), so Rocket King, maybe? It doubles as a Guns N' Roses reference, so that's nice.

Alright. How about favorite for each class (Offense, Defense, Tank, Support)?

I...don't know the individual heroes for each class, so I sadly can't answer this. Sorry. :<

How high on YCMemes list would you rate OmniDad?  <333333333333333333333333333

7.8/10 tier.

Archived