Lock Please

Synchronized

Seriously, was that thread ever necessary? I think of it as spam, even though some mods will disagree. What's the point of asking people to stay if they have to leave? People who leave on here generally leave because of their own lives, the others are mad at YCM and the last part of them just don't like it. I don't like YCM. Even though I do get active, I do not support being a "YCM-fan" anymore. It's true I once said I wanted to contribute and make this forum better, I think I was just a newbie back then who thought this forum has any hopes in getting better. Surprise, I was wrong. Let's see the pros and cons of YCM and why do people leave, shall we?

Pros:

1- It has card-making service.

2- Well-done forum arranging

3- A lot of activities, contests and such.

4- You can find help whenever you needed.

5- No "big insults" like the F word and the S word and who speaks them out usually gets punished.

Cons:

1- Too many newbies, and usually they are spammers who spam intentionally and unintentionally.

2- Immaturity. E.g. this thread

3- Some annoying people.. usually ones who give bad ratings when their work is worse than a mad grandma who drank soda on a camping stove (e.g. CD, Haaris), ones who steal works (e.g. Nukyasu, MyChemicalRahim, university222), ones who act so dramatic and think YCM is life (e.g. The Name-Changing Mod, MyChemicalRahim, God GAK), ones who are so ego, and a lot more annoying types on here.

4- 1 active Super-Mod, 1 (75% non-active) admin for a 70,000 member forum. Seriously.. what the heck? That's not so clever. Like, an 2,000 member forum should have at least 3 admins and 5 Super Mods.

5- Some mods were chosen randomly, like Remix, he learned how to make GFX in Nov. 2007 while he was a GFX mod before that by 2-3 months.

6- Hierarchical community, even though help is provided to the newbs, there is still hate for them and most likely a lot of new people hate the major guys for some bad things they might do.

7- No wisdom, and a community that is only based on kid stuff, like Supreme Duelist, who has turned my quotes thread into an Evil Hero fanbase. It's surely for kids, but most people here are immature and think they're the new Jaden Yuki or whatever.

5 pros, 7 cons. And you ask why members leave.

There are a lot of members leaving YCM each day' date=' and I don't think that is a good idea.

People are complaining about the fact that there are no interesting topics on YCM, or they don't like some members.

[/quote']

It's not just that. And who said something about interesting topics in YCM? It's not really why people leave. Some "scum" make them leave.

Members that leave YCM aren't going to help it become a great forum' date=' they are going to make it worse.

[/quote']

Who really cares about YCM when he/she's leaving it?

I'm not going to leave this forum because I care about it' date=' and I want to help it in any way that I can.

[/quote']

Not that much people care, it's an online forum. An ONLINE FORUM. Who really cares? It's not like if somebody would sacrifice anything for a FORUM.

The amount of stars or posts that you have isn't important. What is important is how much you contribute to the forum and help it out.

Sure' date=' YCMaker wasn't doing anything about the forum for a while, but now he is. There have been new updates, and people are trying to make the forum a great place to be.

[/quote']

No one cared about YCMaker's slow updating, it didn't affect. And who said it's about the amount of stars or posts? Nobody who has a normal human life would be arsed to contribute to some online forum which is being ruined by some kids.

Stop leaving' date=' step up to the plate, and return this forum to what it once was!

I'm so annoyed with the amount of people leaving.

There are no forums like this one. It has a great admin, great members, and incredibly nice people.

[/quote']

It is ruined, no hope.. get it. It's a forum, a forum that is gone bad, what's so hurting? Exclamation mark, inviting people to return glory, what the heck? It's a forum.. a FORUM.

I disagree. There are no forums like this one because no forum is really as bad as this. Incredibly nice people? Then why do I see Elsandero flaming you, Draco the same and Static leaving after saying you and Draco did bad, and me criticizing you? I know greater sites and forums than this one.. this is a sorta bad site (no offense), how come you say it's the best?

If you have a problem with someone or something on the forum' date=' try to take care of that problem instead of just leaving. You are running away from your problems.

Sure, this is only an online forum, but a lot of members like it.

[/quote']

Running away from problems? I bet if any member here really cares what "problems" happen to him. Problems, what the heck? Do you really think people overdo it like you? It's only an online forum, true, but no one really has "problems" because of it. If you can't get to real life and just live some life here with actual "problems" and stuff then you are probably a loser IRL. And about members liking this forum: No, not a lot. The most of them are newbies who haven't tasted how this forum can be annoying, just wait 3 more months and you'll see some people who supported this thread leaving.

Changes have begun to be made.

There should be another super moderator' date=' and there should be more members that contribute to the forum.

[/quote']

Have begun now? You see that this forum has been on for a year.. and now changes have begun? None cared about them anyways, and people aren't leaving because of slow updating. There should be another one? Only one? Wow. In my opinion, there should be 14 more super mods, and who are actually intelligent and live IRL, and at least 4 more admins. Members DO NOT need to contribute to the forum, it's not a duty. It's volunteering from some members that they contribute to this forum, they don't need to. Mods and admins should improve the forums for members to stay comfortable, not the opposite.

Please, stop being so optimistic about this forum, it's just.. bad now.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mare, I have more respect for you than I do for most people on this forum.

I understand and agree with most of the things that you said.

This forum is just that...a forum.

An online community.

I have a lot of friends, and I don't go on YCM that much anymore, but I do care about it because I have been a member for almost a year. Sure, YCM isn't as important to me as my family, my friends, my pets, or things that I own in real life, but it is important to me.

You are an intelligent person, and most of what you said is correct.

Now, I'm going to go get more Rice Krispies.

:)

Mmmmmm Rice Crispies...... I too do have a life outside of this forum (Hell I love my Modded PS2) But you also have to understand that this is the only forum I have ever attended where I have been brought in with open arms and treated with the Upmost respect.

Yes I wouldn't miss the forum if I was held at Gunpoint to give it up for good, But while I am here What the heck "Let the good times roll"

Mmmmmm Rice Crispies...... I too do have a life outside of this forum (Hell I love my Modded PS2) But you also have to understand that this is the only forum I have ever attended where I have been brought in with open arms and treated with the Upmost respect.

Yes I wouldn't miss the forum if I was held at Gunpoint to give it up for good' date=' But while I am here What the heck "Let the good times roll"

[/quote']

This is an example of a good member's post.

Mare' date=' I have more respect for you than I do for most people on this forum.

I understand and agree with most of the things that you said.

This forum is just that...a forum.

An online community.

I have a lot of friends, and I don't go on YCM that much anymore, but I do care about it because I have been a member for almost a year. Sure, YCM isn't as important to me as my family, my friends, my pets, or things that I own in real life, but it is important to me.

You are an intelligent person, and most of what you said is correct.

Now, I'm going to go get more Rice Krispies.

:)

[/quote']

Glad you understood and agreed to stuff I said. Well, I don't count YCM important for me... most likely because it's merely a forum and it won't affect me or my feelings. It's really shameful to be affected by an online forum. Since you didn't do much to the GFX section, like Elsandero said, I don't think it's really that important to you. If you'd really feel so sad for the forum to close or have bad times like these, then that's pathetic in my book, no offense.

Thank you for complimenting me as an intelligent person anyways.

Heck, this forum isn't affecting my life. I didn't sign up to this forum to contribute or dedicate to it or ANYTHING! I like writing or making roleplaying games and seeing some people write or react to them and stuff. Why, ladies and gentlemen? Because I joined this forum to have FUN. Yes, fun, is that such an unfamiliar word to you? I'm a relatively new member so I don't know about all the bad stuff that's happened to the forum. And I'm glad. Ignorance is bliss, ladies and gentlemen. We should stop looking back at the `Dark Days' and look into the future. Do not scoff at the past when you had just joined and said you were an ignorant newbie back then. If you take it seriously then a forum isn't fun anymore. And that's the point of a forum, isn't it? To have FUN. Sure, there are a lot of spammy n00bs that are making it difficult in this forum, but you should view them as fun challenges, the village idiots, not like hideous demons intent on destroying the forum. Take this forum a little bit seriously, but not TOO seriously. Forums are used to bring people from different parts of the globe together, chat and have a little fun. If there aren't any interesting topics, then MAKE interesting topics. Stop taking this forum extremely seriously and just have FUN.

There are a lot of members leaving YCM each day' date=' and I don't think that is a good idea.

People are complaining about the fact that there are no interesting topics on YCM, or they don't like some members.

Here is my response to that: If there are no interesting topics, make one. If you don't like a member, then ignore that member.

Members that leave YCM aren't going to help it become a great forum, they are going to make it worse.

I'm not going to leave this forum because I care about it, and I want to help it in any way that I can.

The amount of stars or posts that you have isn't important. What is important is how much you contribute to the forum and help it out.

Sure, YCMaker wasn't doing anything about the forum for a while, but now he is. There have been new updates, and people are trying to make the forum a great place to be.

Stop leaving, step up to the plate, and return this forum to what it once was!

There are no forums like this one. It has a great admin, great members, and incredibly nice people.

If you have a problem with someone or something on the forum, try to take care of that problem instead of just leaving. You are running away from your problems.

There should be another super moderator, and there should be more members that contribute to the forum.

[/quote']

pth.. Get over it...

This kinda thing Always happens, its inevitable, theres no avoiding it. people grow out hanging with other people online and focus on their lives, you dont actually expect this fourm to last forever do you? or do you expect everyone to stay on until they are 65 years old?

i cant even possibly tell you how many fourms that ive been on disbanned because of that reason, it pisses me off just as much as the next guy but their is nothing you can do about it, so just execpt it.

I think people need to stop making a big deal out of coming here and leaving here. I've never seen a single forum that allows threads like that to be made, because 99% of people on the forum don't care. Leave and go as you please, but don't bring it to anyone's attention, you'll only make a fool of yourself. Furthermore, the number of people leaving is minimal, this place is still more active than any other forum I've been to.

Here is my response to that: If there are no interesting topics, make one. If you don't like a member, then ignore that member.

Members that leave YCM aren't going to help it become a great forum, they are going to make it worse.

I'm not going to leave this forum because I care about it, and I want to help it in any way that I can.

Sure, YCMaker wasn't doing anything about the forum for a while, but now he is. There have been new updates, and people are trying to make the forum a great place to be.

Stop leaving, step up to the plate, and return this forum to what it once was!

If you have a problem with someone or something on the forum, try to take care of that problem instead of just leaving. You are running away from your problems.

There should be another super moderator, and there should be more members that contribute to the forum.

[/quote']

yea i left for awhile because of the rise of noobs but like most of us returning we grew bored without this place. without the good members the newbs and noobs will just grow worse. as for a new super mod i dont know what mod we have now would make a great one....maybe make slime lord a super mod...or is slime already one....hmm, anywho back on topic

this is right, without this forum sure we could all probably do better and be more social in the real world but i think without this place we'd all go crazy, who needs real life when you have virtual friends....

-my input

Axle666

Dark_Vortex

Sacred Axle Synchro

Screw the members' date=' I have a life

[/quote']

And you returned because...?

First of all, I have a life.

That is why SanjiThePerverse thinks I am not a good moderator. I am not on YCM a lot, so I don't have a lot of time to moderate the Graphic Design Forum.

You leave, and return?

If you don't like the forum, why did you come back to it?

That's not the point here...>_>

And I agree with Sanji The Perverse, you definitely AREN'T a good moderator, I mean, come on now, all you did was make 2-3 things in the Graphic Section and that is all

And yeah sure, I cannot imagine how a normal human beign can have a life with such a awful/annoying voice, n00b

At least my leaving was legit, not your pretend leavings just to get popularity, or like your pretend quitting of making of cards, did you stop making them, nooo

k buddy

Here's the best advice I have to give you.

Go to the local hippie store in your area

Search for "Friend seeds"

Buy them.

Go home into your backyard and plant the seeds

Wait a couple weeks

And you will grow friends.

Do it, for it is required to live life off the computer.

I did it years ago, and since then, I have spoken to a female.

Did I mention that Tkill93 is super sexy?

;)

[spoiler=For jerks]

I dare you to make a homophobic slur. See what we do to you.

EDIT: Oh, and Enloe wanted me to "Q4E" his post, but I'm too lazy to look for it... So consider this a "Q4E"

[/quote']

That is why SanjiThePerverse thinks I am not a good moderator. I am not on YCM a lot, so I don't have a lot of time to moderate the Graphic Design Forum.

You leave, and return?

And I agree with Sanji The Perverse, you definitely AREN'T a good moderator, I mean, come on now, all you did was make 2-3 things in the Graphic Section and that is all

And yeah sure, I cannot imagine how a normal human beign can have a life with such a awful/annoying voice, n00b

At least my leaving was legit, not your pretend leavings just to get popularity, or like your pretend quitting of making of cards, did you stop making them, nooo

k buddy

Buy them.

Wait a couple weeks

;)

[spoiler=For jerks]

EDIT: Oh, and Enloe wanted me to "Q4E" his post, but I'm too lazy to look for it... So consider this a "Q4E"

owned?

[/quote']

You leave, and return?

k buddy

Buy them.

Wait a couple weeks

;)

[spoiler=For jerks]

owned?

Not at all, that was a rather thoughtless post.

Star, if you really wish to help this place, quit creating dramatic posts. I understand your a teen, and that drama is what you thrive off of, but your just causing silly arguments. (Check: Elsandero and Draco if you haven't noticed what I am talking about)

1. Els, for the love of my interweb sanity, don't hate on star just because Matt thought it was cool, Matt's life IS the computer, yours is not, Ty has a point about you not doing it right, because you appear to be attacking Star directly. (lulz)

2. Bhim, you did it wrong, random made up hippie seeds = friends is not better than telling him to light a blunt, and quit being an *sshole.

No anger here, no pew pewing (did I use it rite) either, just truth.

later,

~ Eli

EDIT:

Any noob who dares to complain about the length of this post will be made an example of!

End of EDIT

I cannot believe what I’m reading. This is an absolute disgrace. What do you think this is; real-life? Whether people leave or not is not your damn problem or business, Star, nor is it anyone else, if a member wants to leave they SHOULD, and they DO. If you're so annoyed about members leaving there is nothing you can do but go cry. Don’t make a piece of crap thread ranting about it in the hope that something will change. If you want people to stay then TRY AND MAKE THEM STAY. If you can’t, don’t be surprised, because a lot of people have perfectly valid reasons to do so.

Yes, I have my own forum, but that’s just something for me so that I can keep in touch with some of the people who ACTUALLY are friends with me, not all these new people who think they know and think I like them and really, really, REALLY, for some messed up reason, want my “job”. My forum also stops me from coming back here. I can’t come back, I do not have the time, I have school to deal with and the real world to focus on, and this forum is just a waste of time. I PUT EVERYTHING into this forum and enjoyed my journey along the way, but for a lot of members like me there comes a time when it’s “time up”. I hand this forum on to the next generation of people, and I will never, ever, ever want to be part of a forum that criticises people for leaving.

Not one former YCMer on my forum complained about a lack of topics here and stated that as even one of the MINOR reasons that they left. The forum, to a lot of former members, is DEAD AND BURIED. All the old friends have gone their separate ways, and been “replaced” by a bunch of people who don’t have any respect and don’t know what they’re talking about. Oh, I know, “respect” needs to be earned, but I THINK older members should get just a little head start to build on. THAT is what they complain about, all the idiots here and no sir, it’s not just new members, a lot of the OLD members such as you try to keep up with times and fall FLAT ON THEIR FACES. The lack of respect for "the good ol' members" is more disgusting that this thread. YOU DO NOT KNOW what it is like to WATCH as all your friends disappear from the site and you not having any power to stop them. Yes, I’m talking about ME, you weren’t here nearly as long ago as I was, and that’s your problem.

I members leave it’s probably because they don't like being here any more; get over it, make some new friends and mind your own business.

It’s not about whether people have time, it’s about what they want to do. Eventually the forum loses its flare. Draco is right when he says that we are over it, and you, Star, can’t change that. Maybe you, Star, as Els (he likes the nickname I gave him) said, need to grow up and get over the site. How old are you, are you some kind of Sanji the Pervert hanging around children’s Yu-Gi-Oh forum? Also, Draco and Els are quite correct about your name. I’ve never changed my name even though mods have the power to, and changing it repeatedly, in my opinion, is an abuse of power. I must come to your aid if Sanji the Pervert thinks you are a bad moderator, though, because, regardless of how good you are, he/she/it is clearly the worst moderator on this site. Read my blog on FrunkSpace to find out more. Anyway, Els returned “for the lulz”, because people like you provide them in abundance with threads like this.

Ty: Stop swearing, crap and damn are acceptable, but don’t be a God Kaze and say “ass”. “It’s a children’s card game!” Honestly, ban him, he doesn’t care, it’ll give him reason to not post here.

I'd like to rebuke the statements quoted by Matt since what I said there was jocular (for the ED YCM article – Yes, I contributed, get over it), you want my true opinions?

I will never return to YCM full-time, this is out-of date and was written for my blog on FrunkSpace, but still about as relevant as it gets:

My reasons for NEVER returning to YCM

"Hey everyone, welcome to my first real blog!

Earlier today it was requested of me that I return to YCM as it is reportedly in need of dire help. I've been thinking about it all day and I will now share my findings with you.

Point One: I'm not in to Yu-G-Oh, card-making OR Graphic Design

The thing is I've never been that interested in graphics or art other than to look at (which I really do enjoy). That's all there is to my reason for not being active there.

Then you have Yu-Gi-Oh. I started playing Yu-Gi-Oh in late grade 6/grade 7 when all my friends and everyone else did, and stopped most of my playing in early grade 8 when most other people did. I duelled on and off with my friend Michael when we were board and when he was sleeping over on my birthday in grade 9 we were board and decided to try and use MS Word to make our own, very poor quality joke cards (among those we used were Hyozanryu and Obelisk the Tormentor).

I said something like, "Surely some idiot's actually made a program to make cards", and so, we then opened Google and soon found the card maker. Due to the common error of the downloadable card maker not opening (click here? and check through old threads in “Questions, Comments and Suggestions” and reminisce of the old days I and a few others enjoyed), we weren't able to make anything anyway and left it for the night. I forgot about it until a few days later. I joined the forum looking for help and not long afterwards I was made a mod - the rest, as they say, is history.

I've never made that many cards, mainly because I just don't care for them that much (though I can't blame people who do, and do still enjoy making them everyone once in a while - why do you think we have a card section on FrunkSpace?) and had been too busy moderating and trying to have a life.

For those reasons, I would not be active anywhere but General, and that would accomplish very little.

Point Two: Members

Let's face it. The place is controlled by the "noobs". With a severe lack of moderators, those that remain achieve nothing - Helplessly! They have no control over it. YCM's been a sinking ship for months!

Think of a boat of refugees. You've got an owner (YCMaker) who doesn't care about his boat and has let way too many people get on board. Now, there is a mutiny against the crew (the mods) from the passengers (the noobs) due to a lack of respect. What's worse it that none of them realise that the boat is boarding water because it's so overloaded and heavy. It's sinking and all it's going to take for it to become a ghost ship is the first mate (Tkill93) leaving.

Oh sure. YCMaker could just get a new Super Mod to replace Ty, but I don't think anyone will last very long.

What's worse is that many of the true members have become disgruntled and abandoned ship. This leaves only a few people make the site worthwhile. I'm not too keen on hanging out somewhere where you have no real friends but a bunch of idiots who (think that they) want my job. Very few people on my rarely-updated buddy list are there any more. Even less so of whom are not here. Almost all who are worthwhile are here.

Point Three: Moderation Crisis

The site is nothing like it once was. If I am to moderate a forum, it MUST be a forum I enjoy being a part of. The condition of the site deteriorates everyday. It's alarming just how many problems there are. Back when I was prevalent I would find maybe 2 or 3 reported posts per day, I think the highest was 8. Today, there are 20! That's 20 problems that have been reported. I still maintain that 90% of the problems that take place on that site are never detected, so this adds up to a colossal amount of problems that MUST be one way or another dealt with to make a good forum.

Let me tell you though, that is possible to deal with. There's just one thing you need: moderators. The site has moderators, but no where near enough. 5 moderators have left the site, 3 of whom are Supers. This leaves a total of 1 Super and 6 Specialists: 7 people. The site has 64,000 members! That means, on average, 138 new members join a day!

It's not 138 people join every day, it's a day. What's the difference? "A day" means on average, and when you consider that it took 46 days for the first 138 people to join the forum, the actual figure of members joining everyday is FAR higher than 138. According to the memberlist, today, 363 new accounts were made. 363, and people wonder why that average of 138 keeps on going up!

It's a colossal amount of people. My theorem of forum control is as follows:

For every 4000 members, there should be 12 Specialist Mods (3 per category (There are 4 categories, but News, Questions and Tutorials was added onto the back of General and Intros due to it's size in comparison to the other categories)).

AND

For every 4000 members, there should be 1 Super Mod.

MEANING there should be 195 Specialist Mods and 16 Super Mods.

This would be PAR if I was in control of YCM. Even though you'd have to have really good luck finding 211 trustworthy people on that forum (who are still active), AND, you'd need to keep adding a new Super every month and a new specialist every week, while increasing the figures by 5% for every month due to the every increasing amount of members every (not a) day.

But hey! The site has 65,000 members, that's the price you pay...

Point Four: YCMaker

Few people received as much defence from me as a member then YCMaker. He seemed to never be doing anything but every time somebody bad-mouthed about him I, often with the assistance of Danilus, jumped them, and made them either leave or say they were sorry.

I wasn't sure why we always did this either until recently. Most of you who know of YCMaker know that he never responds to PMs. In my case, it was like I was a son trying to impress a father who I thought didn't like me. Some of you may know what I mean by that, and I'm very glad my real father is not like that.

Anyway, YCMaker never asked me if I wanted to be a moderator. But I took the job with out arms outstretched. I felt like I owed him something, but I've since realised it's him who owes me something, and a lot more than I owe him, for that matter.

It's a fact that I resent YCMaker. I cannot believe the lack of respect he STILL shows me, I've after kept his petty forum running and helped it along the way to what it is today - An empire. He surely must make a killing off of that card maker. I don't want his fortune though, I don't even want his thanks, just some respect! I sent him a PM last month some time about the YCM Wiki (which is no where to be seen, and no explanation has since been provided), and he never replied. I mean, it's not like I'm some noob badgering him about a name change, I just had a simple question; "Is the Wiki gone for good", but maybe I just didn't do enough to deserve an answer... Not.

Point Five: Why?

The person who requested my help, who shall remain nameless unless they wish otherwise, suggested I return for a week of complete control. I've tried that before, and last time all that took place were a few bans and the shortening of a number of signatures. It wasn't very successful, mainly because I just didn't enjoy it. This happened from December 20, '07 to about December 28, '07. Note that I didn't leave the forum until February 8, '08, so what was I doing the rest of the time?

I was causing trouble. By choice, I might add. I made a number of bans and turned many people on the forum against a certain unlucky few who annoyed me (Remember Miranda_Cosgrove14 and his dislike towards my "Free Porn" avatar?). I did very little real moderation other than a few requests from my remaining old friends and a bit here and there in General. I didn't know why until I left (obviously), it's not that I didn't like moderating any more, but just that I didn't like moderating YCM any more.

So, even a week-long return to YCM would achieve little. It's because the fight has gone right out of me, and I do not care about the site any more - This is front and centre when moderating a forum.

There is one odd thing about that, though. I'm still not exactly sure why I don't like moderating YCM any more. Nothing much had changed since late October '07 when I first left.

That though, is beside the point. I just don't want to, and that's all that matters.

Summary of points

So; I feel I wouldn't be able to achieve anything due to a lack of other mods to aid me, there are not many members there to make my work easier, I'm not interested in any of the topics discussed there, I officially have no respect for the Admin (an eye for an eye) and I really just don't want to. I would’ve put that you FrunkSpacers all rock and I don’t need YCM, and that I choose life over stress, but that’s self-explanatory.

The Frunk will NEVER return to YCM."

I'll leave and come back and leave again when and as much as I damn-well like. What you think, Star, is crap.

Didn't read all of that, but my eye stop on the 16 superspecialawesomewhatever mods for every 4000 members.

Take in mind that most members never post, or post once or twice, and then leave. Just look at the member list. If you put it in ascending order of posts, AT LEAST the first 3300 pages, out of 3640, are of persons without a single post, wasting this forum's space. And over those, there are at least 200 pages of people with 1 to 6 posts. You won't tell me that the remaining 440 pages, of about 8800 members, are all active. If this place had AT LEAST 2000 active members, the threads on all the forums would get to the second page faster than you can say "OVERPOWERED".

Besides, that proves the fact that, if it was your way, there would only be a need of 2 deluxemegaultrapowerfulalmighty moderators or whatever.

(Yes. Appart of all what I do, I'm ALSO a number freak)

As I said, that is out-of-date, and what I would do in charge of YCM is highly irrelevant as it will not happen.

Anyway, it's nice to see such a positive intellect in YCM. Such an inquiring mind who can successfully negotiate 2 paragraphs of a 30 paragraph post. With such genius on this site I may stand corrected and return.[/sar]

Read the REST of the post if you want any respect from me at all. The first paragraphs before I get into my quote from my blog are the key parts of my argument (thus they appear first, as this is NOT my closing statement).

As I stated earlier I first joined the forum because of the Card Maker, People made me feel very welcome and then they offered to talk to me via MSN or YIM, Put it this way people are a lot nice there then they can be here. From what i've seen in my 1 or 2 months here isn't as nice and sugar coated as I said in my previous post let me explain.

1. For every "Decent" Member that joins you have to deal with 300-400 n00bs with no grasp of the english Language and Awful Card Making Skills.

2. The smallest mistake you make here and most of the Forum is at your throat demanding you "Change" What yousaid or they will Neg you.

3. THe Reputation system is a disgrace, I saw one Newbie make a Triple Post by mistake. I do it sometimes but delete my eror soon after. 10 -12 Neg reps from different "Senior Mmbers" Were given.

4. People come and go, That is the Circle of Life, You decide to Join? You should be able to go as you please.

Frunk, From what i've read you seem to be a very honest guy and I like that. I may have woken up the wrong way this morning but this is the truth I am saying, After Frunks response I see things a totally different way.

Seriously' date=' was that thread ever necessary? I think of it as spam, even though some mods will disagree. What's the point of asking people to stay if they have to leave? People who leave on here generally leave because of their own lives, the others are mad at YCM and the last part of them just don't like it. I don't like YCM. Even though I do get active, I do not support being a "YCM-fan" anymore. It's true I once said I wanted to contribute and make this forum better, I think I was just a newbie back then who thought this forum has any hopes in getting better. Surprise, I was wrong. Let's see the pros and cons of YCM and why do people leave, shall we?

Cons:

Some annoying people.. usually ones who give bad ratings when their work is worse than a mad grandma who drank soda on a camping stove (e.g. CD, Haaris), ones who steal works (e.g. Nukyasu, MyChemicalRahim, university222), ones who act so dramatic and think YCM is life (e.g. The Name-Changing Mod, MyChemicalRahim, God GAK), ones who are so ego, and a lot more

I got a new name now :D

I didn't steal I just put something that my friend made in my sig. I didn't steal I just accepted stolen items.

Soz for the OVERLY dramatic message.

I don't have an ego do I ?

P.S : What do you mean by ones who are so ego, is it a typo ?

Seriously' date=' was that thread ever necessary? I think of it as spam, even though some mods will disagree. What's the point of asking people to stay if they have to leave? People who leave on here generally leave because of their own lives, the others are mad at YCM and the last part of them just don't like it. I don't like YCM. Even though I do get active, I do not support being a "YCM-fan" anymore. It's true I once said I wanted to contribute and make this forum better, I think I was just a newbie back then who thought this forum has any hopes in getting better. Surprise, I was wrong. Let's see the pros and cons of YCM and why do people leave, shall we?

Pros:

1- It has card-making service.

2- Well-done forum arranging

3- A lot of activities, contests and such.

4- You can find help whenever you needed.

5- No "big insults" like the F word and the S word and who speaks them out usually gets punished.

Cons:

1- Too many newbies, and usually they are spammers who spam intentionally and unintentionally.

2- Immaturity. E.g. this thread

3- Some annoying people.. usually ones who give bad ratings when their work is worse than a mad grandma who drank soda on a camping stove (e.g. CD, Haaris), ones who steal works (e.g. Nukyasu, MyChemicalRahim, university222), ones who act so dramatic and think YCM is life (e.g. The Name-Changing Mod, MyChemicalRahim, God GAK), ones who are so ego, and a lot more annoying types on here.

4- 1 active Super-Mod, 1 (75% non-active) admin for a 70,000 member forum. Seriously.. what the heck? That's not so clever. Like, an 2,000 member forum should have at least 3 admins and 5 Super Mods.

5- Some mods were chosen randomly, like Remix, he learned how to make GFX in Nov. 2007 while he was a GFX mod before that by 2-3 months.

6- Hierarchical community, even though help is provided to the newbs, there is still hate for them and most likely a lot of new people hate the major guys for some bad things they might do.

7- No wisdom, and a community that is only based on kid stuff, like Supreme Duelist, who has turned my quotes thread into an Evil Hero fanbase. It's surely for kids, but most people here are immature and think they're the new Jaden Yuki or whatever.

5 pros, 7 cons. And you ask why members leave.

This is probably a summary of the gripes and concerns of 1000+ members in a nutshell. Thank you.

Ty: Stop swearing' date=' crap and damn are acceptable, but don’t be a God Kaze and say “ass”. “It’s a children’s card game!” Honestly, ban him, he doesn’t care, it’ll give him reason to not post here.

[/quote']

Oh yes, because I'm the only person who's used the word in a non rude manner. It's less QQ, moar pew pew . And we all know you've NEVER said any words of the kind. Right mister perfect?

I will not ban someone without a warning on a minor offense such as that, because it would be unfair. If Elsandero wants to be banned, it's not for you to say is it?

I didn't think so.

It doesn't matter what " he said to you "

Ty: Stop swearing' date=' crap and damn are acceptable, but don’t be a God Kaze and say “ass”. “It’s a children’s card game!” Honestly, ban him, he doesn’t care, it’ll give him reason to not post here.

[/quote']

He doesn't have to post here.

Ty is the best moderator to ever join YCM.

He is the only active (except for Falling Pizza) Super Moderator on the forum.

A forum of 60,000+ members.

If you don't like it here, don't post here.

Don't hate on Ty when he has done a better job moderating then you have.

Archived