Lock Please

Synchronized

Everybody stop all this hatin'.

Remix if you want this forum to stay good then don't get caught in the cross fiyah.

Don't get into arguements cause thats what makes some people leave.

Don't act cool.

I respect what Ty has done for the forum and I'm not going to sit here and do nothing while Frunk tries to insult him.

If a member leaves, that member shouldn't continue to post on the forum.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remix if you want this forum to stay good then don't get caught in the cross fiyah.

Don't act cool.

I don't need to act to be cool.

I respect what Ty has done for the forum and I'm not going to sit here and do nothing while Frunk tries to insult him.

Nothing to say

If a member leaves' date=' that member shouldn't continue to post on the forum.

[/quote']

Isn't the reason you made this thread so that people will not leave and now your saying if people leave they should stay gone.

your correct' date=' you need to do a lot more

Isn't the reason you made this thread so that people will not leave and now your saying if people leave they should stay gone.

I don't want members to leave, but if they do leave, they shouldn't continue to post.

[/quote']

Wow we are pretty much alike other than I've done a LOT more than you.

P.S : You can screw the rules for all I care 'cause your a mod. A pretty bad one at that. Your right Tkill is good to bad your not.

[/quote']

P.S : You can screw the rules for all I care 'cause your a mod. A pretty bad one at that. Your right Tkill is good to bad your not.

lol

really?

notice how some members don't have incredibly high reps?

that is because of me

I have a life so I don't always have time to moderate

I'm still better than SanjiThePerverse xD

[/quote']

lol

really?

that is because of me

I have a life so I don't always have time to moderate

I'm still better than SanjiThePerverse xD

True.

I don't understand what you mean by :

that is because of me.

Anyway' date=' it's nice to see such a positive intellect in YCM. Such an inquiring mind who can successfully negotiate 2 paragraphs of a 30 paragraph post. With such genius on this site I may stand corrected and return.[/sar']

Read the REST of the post if you want any respect from me at all.

Just by reading your first paragraph, I don't really think I need your respect. You may keep it for someone else (besides, I'm too lazy to read the rest of the post. Don't worry, I'm used to making long posts myself. I'm just lazier reading than writing.)

Now, I dunno if it was already stated to you, Yusei Fudo, but there are some things that I just can't agree on your Cons...

1- Too many newbies, and usually they are spammers who spam intentionally and unintentionally.

If the forum was to close, there would not be a replacement for the people who leave. This place would eventually die, and become even more boring with the lack of fresh blood.

2- Immaturity. E.g. this thread

This thread is more of intolerance than immaturity. Intolerance in general is a bigger problem that immaturity, although intolerants tend to act like small children too.

3- Some annoying people.. usually ones who give bad ratings when their work is worse than a mad grandma who drank soda on a camping stove (e.g. CD, Haaris), ones who steal works (e.g. Nukyasu, MyChemicalRahim, university222), ones who act so dramatic and think YCM is life (e.g. The Name-Changing Mod, MyChemicalRahim, God GAK), ones who are so ego, and a lot more annoying types on here.

4- 1 active Super-Mod, 1 (75% non-active) admin for a 70,000 member forum. Seriously.. what the heck? That's not so clever. Like, an 2,000 member forum should have at least 3 admins and 5 Super Mods.

I don't really trust having more than one admin, but I don't see why we can't have a few extra Super Mods. Yet again, if they're ever gonna need more, I hope they don't make a recruitment thread or such. One can see the hordes of newbies saying that they would be awesome moderators. And of 75% non active, a super moderator being active a 25% of the day would be AWESOME. But people have other stuff to do. The other mods can take care of their sections by themselves at the times they prefer, I suppose.

5- Some mods were chosen randomly, like Remix, he learned how to make GFX in Nov. 2007 while he was a GFX mod before that by 2-3 months.

I'm not sure how real the info is, or how good or bad Remix is as moderator, but one can moderate a whole section without having any knowledge of it. Just make some rules (or have them made), stick to them and use common sense.

6- Hierarchical community, even though help is provided to the newbs, there is still hate for them and most likely a lot of new people hate the major guys for some bad things they might do.

Lots of new people like the older members too. The hate starts when a noobish newbie has his card reviewed by someone who feels superior, cool and with a high ego, who prefers to look as if he was an anti-hero than thinking about giving the most basic constructive criticisms. Well, to be more precise, I think that there's not a set way to think wether newbies prefer or hate older members (I don't see how that's precise though). But, in theory, higher ranks means you've been here for longer (as for myself, I've never trusted the post count).

7- No wisdom, and a community that is only based on kid stuff, like Supreme Duelist, who has turned my quotes thread into an Evil Hero fanbase. It's surely for kids, but most people here are immature and think they're the new Jaden Yuki or whatever.

I thought you already talked about maturity... But anyways. Let's be honest. This is a forum based on a maker of a children's card game (sorry for the Y TAS reference). You can't expect everyone to behave as adults. There will be ranting, yelling, immature stuff, l33t, bad typing and sarcasm (*coughFrunkcough*)(Yes, that was an immature comeback). When this goes one step further, it's when the mods should step in. But I don't want to hear more of the "They have a life" issue. I know they do. But they're not mods to have a shiny badge to show off. As long as they visit regularly (aka, not miss 4 days, come here and make a post, then leave again), they're more than fine.

Ty: Stop swearing' date=' crap and damn are acceptable, but don’t be a God Kaze and say “ass”. “It’s a children’s card game!” Honestly, ban him, he doesn’t care, it’ll give him reason to not post here.

[/quote']

Oh yes, because I'm the only person who's used the word in a non rude manner. QQ . And we all know you've NEVER said any words of the kind. Right mister perfect?

I will not ban someone without a warning on a minor offense such as that, because it would be unfair. If Elsandero wants to be banned, it's not for you to say is it?

I didn't think so.

It doesn't matter what " he said to you "

I never said I was perfect Ty, don't put words in my mouth, as I really don't like to see you exploit your lesser traits. I never told you to ban him, but if you wanted to (considering your more than overzealous threat in your reply to him), I would say "go ahead", as all involved parties could care less.

Ty: Stop swearing' date=' crap and damn are acceptable, but don’t be a God Kaze and say “ass”. “It’s a children’s card game!” Honestly, ban him, he doesn’t care, it’ll give him reason to not post here.

[/quote']

He doesn't have to post here.

Ty is the best moderator to ever join YCM.

He is the only active (except for Falling Pizza) Super Moderator on the forum.

A forum of 60,000+ members.

If you don't like it here, don't post here.

Don't hate on Ty when he has done a better job moderating then you have.

Who are you, Star? I write up a 30-paragraph or whatever post and you reply to the part that's not even about you. Let me tell you, Ty is a fantastic moderator, to say he is a better moderator than me is true, to say he has done a better job is false. If it weren't for me, Ty wouldn't be here at all, if it weren't for me, he wouldn't be a moderator. I INVITED HIM. I TOLD YCMAKER, UPON MY DEPARTURE, TO MAKE HIM A SUPER MOD. Don't you DARE say he has done a better job than me just because he is still here and because I flamed you. You are nobody to me, Star! You weren't here during my glory days when I was actually WORTH something to people. I CAN AND WILL post wherever the hell I want, Star, as I've done a hell-of-a-lot more this forum than you ever will. IT WOULD NOT EXIST if it were not for me scratching around for months waiting, WAITING for someone else to join. Yes, I am talking about mid-late 2006 when you didn't even know this place existed. I set it up for you all back then when I had the time, when my life took over, I left it to you all. TO BE CRITICISED BY YOU makes me wish I'd just left it be and lived my life back then to leave this site for someone else to find, OR to fail miserably.

Don't act cool.

If a member leaves' date=' that member shouldn't continue to post on the forum.

[/quote']

HOW ON EARTH was I insulting Ty?! I told him to mind his words, and that threatening Elsandero without basis was foolish.

"If a member leaves, that member shouldn't continue to post on the forum." - THEN WHY THE HELL DID YOU MAKE THIS THREAD YOU HYPOCRITE? Grow up! Go back and read the rest of my first post here.

I am the one that stopped reps being used as payment in Shops and Requests.

Oooh! Look at you! One of YCM's true greats right there!

7- No wisdom' date=' and a community that is only based on kid stuff, like Supreme Duelist, who has turned my quotes thread into an Evil Hero fanbase. It's surely for kids, but most people here are immature and think they're the new Jaden Yuki or whatever.

I thought you already talked about maturity... But anyways. Let's be honest. This is a forum based on a maker of a children's card game (sorry for the Y TAS reference). You can't expect everyone to behave as adults. [b']There will be ranting, yelling, immature stuff, l33t, bad typing and sarcasm (*coughFrunkcough*)(Yes, that was an immature comeback).[/b] When this goes one step further, it's when the mods should step in. But I don't want to hear more of the "They have a life" issue. I know they do. But they're not mods to have a shiny badge to show off. As long as they visit regularly (aka, not miss 4 days, come here and make a post, then leave again), they're more than fine.

That's big coming from you. I would like you to point out where in my post I used "l33t", "immature stuff" or "bad typing", as when compared to you mine resembles a thesis, not to mention the fact you've already admitted to not reading my post.

I'll remind you that I'm not a practising mod any more, my "status" and my opinions are two extremely unrelated things. I'd like you to even recall one thing you know that I've done for the forum. You can't, because you weren't here before October last year. You weren't here during the forum wars where I was the only Super Moderator, you weren't here before YCMaker seemed to give a damn. You have no right to comment on my "fineness" since you were not here to witness it.

[/quote']

Oh yes, because I'm the only person who's used the word in a non rude manner. QQ . And we all know you've NEVER said any words of the kind. Right mister perfect?

I will not ban someone without a warning on a minor offense such as that, because it would be unfair. If Elsandero wants to be banned, it's not for you to say is it?

I didn't think so.

I never said I was perfect Ty, don't put words in my mouth, as I really don't like to see you exploit your lesser traits. I never told you to ban him, but if you wanted to (considering your more than overzealous threat in your reply to him), I would say "go ahead", as all involved parties could care less.

I may have taken it a little out of context, as it did seem a little rude. I apologize for the way I answered, but my point remains the same.

" as I really don't like to see you exploit your lesser traits"

What do you mean by that >_>

[/quote']

I didn't think so.

I may have taken it a little out of context, as it did seem a little rude. I apologize for the way I answered, but my point remains the same.

" as I really don't like to see you exploit your lesser traits"

What do you mean by that >_>

I'm glad you see it my way. As for the lesser traits I was merely stating that I don't like to see you put words in someone else's mouth, as it is one of your few lesser traits.

Who are you' date=' Star? I write up a 30-paragraph or whatever post and you reply to the part that's not even about you. Let me tell you, Ty is a fantastic moderator, to say he is a better moderator than me is true, to say he has done a better job is false. If it weren't for me, Ty wouldn't be here at all, if it weren't for me, he wouldn't be a moderator. I INVITED HIM. I TOLD YCMAKER, UPON MY DEPARTURE, TO MAKE HIM A SUPER MOD. Don't you DARE say he has done a better job than me just because he is still here and because I flamed you. You are nobody to me, Star! You weren't here during my glory days when I was actually WORTH something to people. I CAN AND WILL post wherever the hell I want, Star, as I've done a hell-of-a-lot more this forum than you ever will. IT WOULD NOT EXIST if it were not for me scratching around for months waiting, WAITING for someone else to join. Yes, I am talking about mid-late 2006 when you didn't even know this place existed. I set it up for you all back then when I had the time, when my life took over, I left it to you all. TO BE CRITICISED BY YOU makes me wish I'd just left it be and lived my life back then to leave this site for someone else to find, OR to fail miserably.[/quote']

Allow me to explain.

While your becoming more immature, I'm becoming more mature.

You might have been worth more to people if you didn't leave when the forum was in chaos.

(I'm sure you're going to give me another negative reputation point...)

Tkill93 does more for this forum than the admin does.

Sure, Kaze was a good moderator, but Tkill is twice as good as Kaze.

If you don't like this forum, or you don't appreciate this forum, why do you keep returning to post?

You didn't have to post in this thread.

I don't want members to leave, but if they decide to leave, they shouldn't return.

How am I a hypocrite?

Stop taking this so seriously. If members are leaving the forum, it's because they aren't having fun. Any other reason is not legit, in my opinion, and the people who's reasons are not legit should not be able to return. People are taking this forum too seriously. If people take an online forum, a place where your supposed to commune and chat with people and nothing more, seriously, then it just isn't fun and you start having arguments like these. If you aren't having fun, then it isn't worth it anymore.

Who are you' date=' Star? I write up a 30-paragraph or whatever post and you reply to the part that's not even about you. Let me tell you, Ty is a fantastic moderator, to say he is a better moderator than me is true, to say he has done a better job is false. If it weren't for me, Ty wouldn't be here at all, if it weren't for me, he wouldn't be a moderator. I INVITED HIM. I TOLD YCMAKER, UPON MY DEPARTURE, TO MAKE HIM A SUPER MOD. Don't you DARE say he has done a better job than me just because he is still here and because I flamed you. You are nobody to me, Star! You weren't here during my glory days when I was actually WORTH something to people. I CAN AND WILL post wherever the hell I want, Star, as I've done a hell-of-a-lot more this forum than you ever will. IT WOULD NOT EXIST if it were not for me scratching around for months waiting, WAITING for someone else to join. Yes, I am talking about mid-late 2006 when you didn't even know this place existed. I set it up for you all back then when I had the time, when my life took over, I left it to you all. TO BE CRITICISED BY YOU makes me wish I'd just left it be and lived my life back then to leave this site for someone else to find, OR to fail miserably.[/quote']

Allow me to explain.

You might have been worth more to people if you didn't leave when the forum was in chaos.

If you don't like this forum, or you don't appreciate this forum, why do you keep returning to post?

I don't want members to leave, but if they decide to leave, they shouldn't return.

How am I a hypocrite?

I don't know whether you saw mine and Ty's posts before making this but I'll quote it as it.

You are a hypocrite for complaining about such a thing if you don't truely care. The members you refer to as "leaving" have indeed "left", correct? By making this post, your protest, one like myself would imagine, would want to achieve (a) a change of heart from these members and get them to return (which by saying "members who have left should not post" you practically disallow, which is where the hypocrite part comes from) or (b) your just making a mindless, pointless ranting thread (which would just make you a spammer). This, in turn, would make you far less mature than me, as I hardly see how this is mature, nor do I see how I am becoming less mature, but this is hardly the issue.

I believe I have earned the right to come back when I wish to and post every once in a while. If you see that I don't have this right, Star, please put your arguments forward. Of course, I did not have to post in this thread, but anyone who remembers anything about me knows that I rarely back down from a debate on YCM and am also extremely opinionated. My nature is something I cannot easily change, but the fact is I don't want or need to change it anyway.

Who said Kaze was a good moderator? I never refer to him as "God Kaze", as this is an injustice the the prefix "God" (I won't get into religion here), which is due to his behaviour on the site, which includes swearing out of frustration and complaining about not winning YCM awards. I said "don't be a God Kaze", as I don't want to see Ty turn into the disgrace to the name "Super Moderator" that Kaze is. Ty is more than twice as good as Kaze, and yes, he does more than YCMaker, but so did I in my time.

Allow me to explain.

How am I a hypocrite?

I don't know whether you saw mine and Ty's posts before making this but I'll quote it as it.

You are a hypocrite for complaining about such a thing if you don't truely care. The members you refer to as "leaving" have indeed "left", correct? By making this post, your protest, one like myself would imagine, would want to achieve (a) a change of heart from these members and get them to return (which by saying "members who have left should not post" you practically disallow, which is where the hypocrite part comes from) or (b) your just making a mindless, pointless ranting thread (which would just make you a spammer). This, in turn, would make you far less mature than me, as I hardly see how this is mature, nor do I see how I am becoming less mature, but this is hardly the issue.

I believe I have earned the right to come back when I wish to and post every once in a while. If you see that I don't have this right, Star, please put your arguments forward. Of course, I did not have to post in this thread, but anyone who remembers anything about me knows that I rarely back down from a debate on YCM and am also extremely opinionated. My nature is something I cannot easily change, but the fact is I don't want or need to change it anyway.

Who said Kaze was a good moderator? I never refer to him as "God Kaze", as this is an injustice the the prefix "God" (I won't get into religion here), which is due to his behaviour on the site, which includes swearing out of frustration and complaining about not winning YCM awards. I said "don't be a God Kaze", as I don't want to see Ty turn into the disgrace to the name "Super Moderator" that Kaze is. Ty is more than twice as good as Kaze, and yes, he does more than YCMaker, but so did I in my time.

You're completely missing the point.

I posted this thread because I wanted to support the forum. I think people shouldn't leave because they don't like what has happened to the forum. If they want to leave because they are not having fun, that's a good reason.

First of all, you need to chill out. This is just a forum, its not like you built a house or something, and people trashed it. Sure, you did a lot for this forum, but you left. When you left, you didn't like what was happening to the forum. You didn't try to fix it, you just left. That is not a good reason in my opinion.

Second of all, you return to YCM, and make a post telling Tkill not to do something that you have probably done many times.

I'm the hypocrite?

Allow me to explain.

How am I a hypocrite?

You're completely missing the point.

I posted this thread because I wanted to support the forum. I think people shouldn't leave because they don't like what has happened to the forum. If they want to leave because they are not having fun, that's a good reason.

First of all, you need to chill out. This is just a forum, its not like you built a house or something, and people trashed it. Sure, you did a lot for this forum, but you left. When you left, you didn't like what was happening to the forum. You didn't try to fix it, you just left. That is not a good reason in my opinion.

Second of all, you return to YCM, and make a post telling Tkill not to do something that you have probably done many times.

I'm the hypocrite?

How is this supporting the forum if it achieves nothing but arguments? If they have left, and you don't like it, when they come back, they should not be badgered. It's highly rude to question someone else's free will and the actions they make with it.

On your first point, my post before this was hardly even heated. I put my points across as best I could and in my last post I think I was particularly calm. In my other posts I have been more heated because you have been missing my points, and sometimes not even reading them (have you read my first post here yet?). I would like to emphasise that I tired extremely hard to "fix" things, but when you don't enjoy something it makes it very hard to do so. If you read my leaving post (click here - I warn you, it's long, so it may be difficult to stomach for you), you would know the state of the forum was just one of the reasons I left. If you read my first post in this thread (the "Reasons I will never return full-time" part, in particular), you would have found what I didn't like about the forum. You need to consider all aspects when talking about people who have left. My opinion on "what was happening to the forum" at the time was hardly why I left.

On your second point, as I said to Ty, I've never said I'm a perfect moderator, allow me to quote my explanation of my "hostility" towards other moderators to Sanji the Perverse;

Excuse me' date=' Sanji, but my comparing you to Falling was jocular and highly irrelevant, forgive me for it. I'm sure you've realised I'm highly critical of all moderators (this is why I bad-mouth Kaze so often, and why I challenge Ty's actions from time to time, as well as question other moderators), so just keep that in mind when reading my posts about you.[/quote']

I will always question other moderators as it is a fact that I do care for this forum still. As often as I've said "I'd like to see it fall flat", it's merely out of frustration of things here just not working as they once did. Change is the ultimate deterrent for many members who leave YCM.

EDIT: Link fixed.

Calm down all of you... Seriously CALM DOWN! This is going way out of hand, look.... Everything has a Life Cycle right? Maybe YCM is going down like the Titanic as Frunk mentioned, but I want to do everything in my power to at least sing while the Ship Sinks ;)

What I am trying to say is this is a forum, a Forum to discuss Yu-Gi-O, Make friends and most of all show what you are made of in Card Creating and GFX skills. Please.... Just calm down all of you...

I'm not going to risk a ban or something by arguing with you.

I have stopped caring about what happens to members except for my friends.

Go ahead and lock this' date=' I'm done arguing.

[/quote']

Who's going to ban you? I won't, it's not my place.

You can't just say you don't care after making a thread like this? Why the sudden change in attitude?

I'm not going to risk a ban or something by arguing with you.

I have stopped caring about what happens to members except for my friends.

Go ahead and lock this' date=' I'm done arguing.

[/quote']

Who's going to ban you? I won't, it's not my place.

You can't just say you don't care after making a thread like this? Why the sudden change in attitude?

I figured out that I was being a hypocrite by making this thread because I wasn't doing anything to help the forum.

Now I am. I made over 100 posts yesterday, and I am going to show the members of this forum that I am a better moderator than SanjiThePerverse.

I am going to help the forum instead of complaining about the fact that people are leaving it.

Archived