[SR05] Parshath support

sr05-jp000.jpg?resize=206%2C300&ssl=1
SR05-JP000
EBE
LIGHT/Fairy
Level 1
500/200
You can only use this card’s name effect once per turn.
(1) If this card is sent to the Graveyard: You can banish up to 2 LIGHT Fairy monsters from your GY or field, except this card; for each monster banished this way, add 1 Level 2 or lower LIGHT Fairy monster from your Deck to your hand, except “EBE” (the added cards must have different names).

[FYI, “Zeta Reticulant” Special Summons “EBE Tokens”, but that has been localized in English to “EVA Tokens”. So this card may be named “EVA” instead.]

sr05-jp025.jpg?resize=206%2C300&ssl=1
SR05-JP025
Sanctuary of Parshath
Continuous Spell Card
(1) This card’s name is treated as “The Sanctuary in the Sky” while it is on the field or GY.
(2) Fairy monsters gain 300 ATK and DEF, also face-down Spell and Trap Cards on the field cannot be destroyed or targeted by card effects.
(3) Once per turn: You can target 3 cards with different names in your GY that are Counter Traps and/or Fairy monsters; place them on the top of your Deck in any order.

sr05-jp031.jpg?resize=206%2C300&ssl=1
SR05-JP031
Reincarnating Parshath
Counter Trap Card
(1) When a Spell/Trap Card, or monster effect, is activated: You can reveal 1 Counter Trap Card in your hand, discard 1 card, and pay 1000 LP; negate that activation, and if you do, return that card to the Deck, then you can Special Summon 1 “Parshath” monster from your Deck or Extra Deck.

====
https://ygorganization.com/ocg-yugioh-jp-leaks/

====

We didn't get a new Sanctuary retrain, but I guess we get another one that prevents backrow from being sniped so...

Not sure about EBE though.

Guest BGMCANN0N

EBE = Watapon usage? http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Watapon

Additionally, you could also use him as Herald of Perfection fuel... Or grab the Herald hand traps.

Edit: Oh nvm... It is a Continuous Spell. It means you are sacrificing 1 slot that could be a Counter Trap or Ariadne if you manage to clog the Pendulum Scales. Additionally, an extra trade off of protecting your Set S/T is that it also protects your opponent's Set S/T which could backfire. I suppose that is fair from what I initially thought it was... It kind of threw me off that it is classified as Sanctuary yet not a field spell.

Worth noting

1. (Credit to friend) Link Rules means Ariadne takes up a Counter Trap slot

2. Parshath Counter Trap doesn't work with Demise even with Ariadne

P curious if you can discard the same Counter Trap you reveal; I'd think not, which would prob significantly hurt its playability. But not requiring you control a certain monster is def nice

Preeeeeetty sure Sanctuary of Parshath is hot garbage but I'm p sure there was some deck I wanted that S/T protection eff for

EBE

In the context of this Deck, I guess the Heralds (originals) will be in here, as they are valid targets for this to grab. Not sure what Level 1 LIGHT Fairy monsters are worth running nowadays, unless I'm missing very obvious ones.

Sanctuary

Guess this goes fine with recycling dead Traps / Fairies for Arch-Parshath, Ariadne, etc, so that works. Not being able to snipe the opponent's backrow hurts, but at least yours is more/less safe. Boost is fine; standard amount, so...

Reincarnating

At least it can summon Avenging Knight if anyone even uses that. Personally, not really a fan of the cost (well, hand-wise [you need a Counter Trap, a card to discard anyway), but guess you can recover said discards using Sanctuary and stuff, so...in the end, you negate something and get a free high-Level monster. Suppose I can't argue with that too much.

IDK if we're getting any more Parshath ED monsters (well, maybe Pendulums); maybe not considering Link mechanics and SR[xx] decks usually don't have Extra Deck monsters.

(EDIT: Oh right, they got Ariadne too, so...yeah it's dirty)

=====

On that note, wording says to reveal the Counter card first, then discard and pay 1000 LP, so...think you can just discard that Trap if nothing else is in your hand / choose not to discard others. Otherwise, it'd probably say "except that revealed Trap Card" or something, and it'd be worse off. 

The own backrow being safe from removal sounds alright (though it is mostly filled with omni negations anyways) ... then again it is treated as "the sanctuary in the sky", so it enables divine wrath, though sadly only the new parshath can search it right now.

Reincarnation is quite powerful, however it mostly says "If you have ariadne screw equal trades on an omni negation counter trap".

EBE looks fun in Mokey Mokey decks that run Key Mace, Tri-Wight, Normal support and stuff.

Sanctuary should have been an actual Field Spell retrain. Really wish it had an Atrax/Magibullet effect on Counter Traps, which is what IMO Counter Fairies need a lot.

Reincarnating is evil indeed... as long as Ariadne is around. Although, even with the discard it is a +0 so it should still be good enough.

Archived