[Written] Earthbound Immortal Support

Thomas★Zero

So these cards are to flesh out the Earthbound theme along with giving support, protection and a power boost to the Immortals.

Earthbound Heart

lv 1 DARK

Fiend/Effect

When this card is Normal or Special Summoned, you can pay 2000 LP; banish this card, then, Special Summon 1 "Earthbound Immortal" monster from your deck or GY to your side of the field, then, increase the summoned monsters ATK and DEF by 1000.

ATK/0 DEF/0

Earthbound Priestess

lv 4 DARK

Fiend/Effect

When this card is Normal or Special Summoned, you can set 1 Field Spell Card from your deck or GY to your side of the field. You can only activate this effect of "Earthbound Priestess" once per turn. While you control this face up card, your opponent cannot destroy Field Spell Cards you control.

ATK/1000 DEF/1000

Earthbound Guardian

lv 4 DARK

Fiend/Effect

When this card is Normal Summoned, switch it to defence position. While you control 2 or more "Earthbound" monsters, all "Earthbound" monsters you control cannot be destroyed by battle. If another "Earthbound" you control would be destroyed by battle or by a card effect, you can tribute this card instead.

ATK/1000 DEF/2000

Earthbound Worshiper

lv 4 DARK

Fiend/Effect

When this card is Normal Summoned, Special Summon 1 Level 4 "Earthbound" monster from your deck or GY to your side of the field. You can only activate this effect of "Earthbound Worshiper" once per turn.

ATK/1500 DEF/1800

Earthbound Chosen

lv 4 DARK

Fiend/Effect

When this card is Normal or Special Summoned, add 1 "Earthbound" card from your deck or GY to your hand. You can banish this card from your GY; Special Summon 1 "Earthbound Heart" from your deck or GY to your side of the field. you can only activate each effect of "Earthbound Chosen" once per turn.

ATK/1900 DEF/1200

Domain of the Earthbound

Field Spell

This card cannot be destroyed by your opponents card effects. "Earthbound Immortal" monsters you control cannot be targeted or destroyed by your opponents card effects. During your End Phase, if you control no face up "Earthbound Immortal" monster, destroy this card, then, draw 1 card.

Disciples of Earthbound

Spell Card

Special Summon 1 Level 4 "Earthbound" monster from your hand or GY to your side of the field. You can only activate this effect of "Disciples of Earthbound" once per turn.

Immortal Earthbound

Trap Card

Activate this card when your opponents monster declares an attack. Negate that attack, then, you can equip this card to a "Earthbound Immortal" monster you control. The monster equipped by this card cannot be destroyed by its own effects and gains 500 ATK and DEF.

Wrath of Earthbound

Counter Trap

Activate this card when your opponent activates a Spell/Trap or Monster effect while you control a "Earthbound Immortal". Negate the activation of that card and destroy it, then, inflict 1000 points of damage to your opponent.

Heart is a 141 target with no HOPT. Lovely. The amount of freedom and pure support provided by this card, despite Earthbound Immortals still not being great, still makes me think that this card should have HOPT, and only Summon from the Deck. Neither are really killer restrictions in the grand scheme of consistency. Priestess eats up your Normal Summon/Special Summon, and I can only think of potential abuse in a Spellcaster Deck with that Field Spell that prevents your opponent from activating Spells if you control a Spellcaster. Perhaps change Typing to something like Psychic? But, if you want to stay thematically, you could leave it...but I am still worried about the utter genericness for Field Spells. Guardian is nice for your support, but not much else. Shame its protection effect doesn't keep your Immortals alive, but I'd still run it at 1. You're going to use Worshipper to grab Chosen most of the time, but it does allow you to get whatever other of your customs you need, maybe even Linewalker. I rather like it, but wish their theming had been a little more original. Your basic combo with your support is open Worshipper, Summon Chosen and R4, hopefully detach Chosen, then Summon Heart and then your Immortal. Pretty good, actually.

So glad to see an actual Earthbound Immortal Field Spell, but shame its protection overlaps with Priestess. I also love the thematic self-destruction, and how it delays to actually let you Summon an Earthbound Immortal. Disciples isn't a completely generic means of Summoning, yet is still massively helpful. Immortal is a bit disappointing, considering your Immortals cannot be attacked, but at least it helps with your L4 support. Wrath was unneeded, considering Earthbounds already have their own counter trap. If you wanted another one, judging from the rest of your work, you could've done a better job.

Decent support, imo. Pretty good at points, with only a few weak spots.

I agree with Dova on most points (although I'm sure he knows better than me) I actually like everything a lot except "Immortal" and "Wrath" which were "meh" but still good imo. I'm just the kind of paranoid guy who would keep 1 or 2 of both in my Side at the very least, just in case I run up against an opponent with Skill Drain (Immortal comes in handy then), or a particularly annoying card or card combo (which would be when Wrath really shines)

If the Dark Signers had these cards, they wouldn't have lost so badly! :P Meklords still my favourite thing (besides Synchro monsters in general) to come out 5D's tho!

Personally I would have chosen to make "Heart" be a Half your LP cost. That way you can still use it at low LP levels and its still a pretty big cost...at least I think so.

Let's see:

Heart

Starting the set with a strong searcher huh. No hard OPT, and gets a lot of support as a Level 1 DARK 0/0 monster. Thankfully the Immortals need a Field to survive, otherwise I would be wary about summoning a big monster straight from the Deck, and possibly repeatedly in the same turn.

Priestess

A Stratos for Fields. Well, actually a bit better since it can grab Fields in the GY as well. Putting aside that Fields have more than enough searchers (Terraforming, Set Rotation, Fairy Dragon, heck even Metaverse), some of which have already been hit by the banlist, I feel some non-Earthbound decks may appreciate having this around for their Field Spell needs.

Guardian

Not really impressive, IMO. I would rather run cards that help me get me another Immortal than running this to protect them.

Worshiper

Oh, it's a searcher, which can search for Priestess. Search power is always welcomed but feels cheap when one makes too many searchable searchers. Would be funny to build some kind of Earthbound engine for Field decks that Summons this --> Summon Priestess --> grab Field --> go Link2 or aRank4.

Chosen

What is this? Yet another searcher, huh. Yeah, at this point the set got repetitive.

Domain

Now this is a strong and more flavorful card. First it turns your Immortals into "majespecters", then it's immune to destruction itself. The opponent may have a hard time breaking through your setup before it loses from direct attacks unless its deck has inherent way of removing Spells without destroying them, or draws into stuff like Cosmic Cyclone. As pointed out by Dova, the draw effect goes in theme with the Immortal's self-destruction, plus I think the card could be teched in other decks for the card draw, albeit a slow one.

Disciples

Neat, an "E-Tele" for the set. Welcomed support for sure but... it's yet another searcher.

Immortal Earthbound

A lackluster card, IMO. As Dova stated, Immortal cannot be attacked in the first place, and just negating an attack and boosting an Immortal is not outstanding in nowadays metagame.

Wrath

An omni-Counter for Immortals, although they already have Wave for countering Spell/Traps. Still, should be handy since it is searchable by Chosen.

All in all, a solid set but rather repetitive with the searching. After all, you can't go wrong with searching for supporting an archetype, but when it's done to this degree, it becomes unappealing, at least to me.

Things to not are that with Heart not being a HOPT is due to how with Earthbound Immortals that you control only 1 at a time.

Priestess while overlapping with Domain also can help search you other fields that could help you in the deck.

Guardian was meant as protection for the small Earthbound stuff as well as protection for the big ones as well by card effects when it tribute itself.

Worshipper was more so the combo piece card of the deck where it started off your plays.

Chosen was by its name the card to access any Earthbound you needed as well being a enabler for Heart.

Disciples was more so a extension to that effect combing with the monsters.

Immortal was a means to protect your smaller Earthbound monsters while adding the bonus effects if you had a Immortal to equip this to.

Some how missed that we had Earthbound Wave when I was making Wrath though it does give them 6 Spell/Trap Negation cards while 3 of them can inflict burn.

Archived