That Box that should NEVER be opened

Horu

10 minutes ago, Akuza Fudo said:

I was going to name"The Box of Souls" Card "The Curse of Pandoras Box"but choice not to

I needed an effect that somewhat reflected the myth. So pretty much, once the box is "opened", it punishes both players for doing certain actions. So activating Pot of Greed inflicts 1000 damage. Activating something like Reload can inflict up to 3000 damage. Mass Special Summoning can inflict up to 3000+ damage. Removing the card from the field can literally end the game for the turn player. So the deck that runs this has to pretty much focus on Normal Summoning and avoiding cards that allow drawing outside the Draw Phase. But card's like Dark Bribe or anything that lets your opponent draw cards would be a nice touch to this. If you could force your opponent to draw cards, you could inflict a ton of damage.

This is a interesting card. Losing LP is not too harsh and the amount lost isn't too high either so someone could activate this with an empty field on their opponent's turn just to force them to discard a card at random , if I understood the text well. It's a fun little gimmick. I have the same question as Tinkerer though, that seems like a really weird interaction to have your opponent activate a card of yours without using something like Bait Doll.

I think I took into account cards that reveal what you're hiding (Eye of Truth, De-Spell, etc.) So yeah, typically, if your opponent sees what you have, they can actually activate it. Although, I do have a few support cards in mind that can/will bait your opponent into activating it.

Archived