Requesting Rule Removal for "Picture-less" Cards

Tinkerer

Hello, fine peoples! 

Everything is pretty much laid out in the title. There's a rule against posting CC threads with picture-less cards, and... It just doesn't feel beneficial. Just got reminded about it from this thread. If I'm gonna be frank, it always sounded like a silly rule and it's one that has shifted me personally from using the card maker in general to simply posting written cards.

As long as effect text is posted underneath the card (for the benefit of reading for those on mobile), should this rule still be a thing?

31 minutes ago, Tinkerer said:

Hello, fine peoples! 

Everything is pretty much laid out in the title. There's a rule against posting CC threads with picture-less cards, and... It just doesn't feel beneficial. Just got reminded about it from this thread. If I'm gonna be frank, it always sounded like a silly rule and it's one that has shifted me personally from using the card maker in general to simply posting written cards.

As long as effect text is posted underneath the card (for the benefit of reading for those on mobile), should this rule still be a thing?

Well, given that the card doesn't actually have a novel written the text box, it is readable on a mobile device (I frequently read cards on my phone). So if at some point, the effect becomes unreadable for you, I'd suggest posting the card text beneath the card. Other than that, no worries.

3 hours ago, Horu Ishayuki said:

Well, given that the card doesn't actually have a novel written the text box, it is readable on a mobile device (I frequently read cards on my phone). So if at some point, the effect becomes unreadable for you, I'd suggest posting the card text beneath the card. Other than that, no worries.

I mean, posting the lore under the card is a general rule iirc, but that's not even the point of this topic.

The issue is removing the rule about cards without images.

1 hour ago, Tinkerer said:

I mean, posting the lore under the card is a general rule iirc, but that's not even the point of this topic.

The issue is removing the rule about cards without images.

Sometimes it's hard to find a good image for a card. But yeah, I understand that. Imagine making like 100 cards but you can't post the set because you're short one fricking image. I mean the goal of a site like this is to showcase your creativity, not put up some pretty pictures. Also, the image somewhat distracts from the card design.

11 minutes ago, Tinkerer said:

I mean... yeah?  That's one reason I want the rule removed?  I'm not sure what you're trying to say..

I would honestly like the rule to be removed so I can focus on card design. But I do have a bunch of random icons if the image rule is really necessary.

1 hour ago, Flame Dragon said:

Is it really that difficult to find images for cards? Like, it can just be a filler image but having any art at all is preferable to a blank space imo.

Ideally, it shouldn't be. However, in those cases where it is, a person shouldn't feel restricted from posting because of it.

On the other hand, what is the benefit of the rule? Quality? Addressing the content of the card is much more important for this argument. Aesthetics? If peeps have gotten used to the aesthetic of a written card, I'm sure they'd get over a card without a picture.

10 minutes ago, Tinkerer said:

Ideally, it shouldn't be. However, in those cases where it is, a person shouldn't feel restricted from posting because of it.

On the other hand, what is the benefit of the rule? Quality? Addressing the content of the card is much more important for this argument. Aesthetics? If peeps have gotten used to the aesthetic of a written card, I'm sure they'd get over a card without a picture.

I mean, they could just post a written card if they can't find a picture. If the main reason they want to use a blank card is because the aesthetic of being in a card is preferable to a written cards, then in a similar way the card having art, even filler art, is preferable to just being blank. 

Archived