Clever Swordsman

TheBlackCatter

I made a nice little card for when you need ATK power over anything else.

Warning: Not recommended for expert duelists, do not machine wash, do not leave in water or sunlight for large expanses of time, do not insert into mouth, do not set card near flames or high temperature objects, do not tear/cut off tag (For non-commercial use only), do not apply any liquids.

Art Credit:

Background: By Thành Hà Văn https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9IxVun0FP0 , Character: By Minna Joki, https://www.pinterest.com/pin/336081190935615032/

Title: Spell type/Trap type/Attribute, Monster Types, Level; Description. ATK/DEF

Clever Swordsman: Earth, Warrior, Effect, Lv. 4; If this card attacks a monster whose ATK is higher than this card and the difference is 800 or lower: You can Negate this card's attack and then this card's ATK becomes the same as the attacked monster. 1000/1000

438980759_CleverSwordsman.jpg.2fa61983203627a85cc6bb81021b36ee.jpg

"If this card attack a monster whose its ATK is higher than this card and the difference is 800 or higher: You can Negate this card attack and then this card ATK become same as that monster"

in a sense its a better Number 39:  Utopia. definitely casual level but i can help but to find it it will be hilarious to combo it with Double or Nothing

1 hour ago, Dr. Jolly Glot the III said:

"If this card attack a monster whose its ATK is higher than this card and the difference is 800 or higher: You can Negate this card attack and then this card ATK become same as that monster"

in a sense its a better Number 39:  Utopia. definitely casual level but i can help but to find it it will be hilarious to combo it with Double or Nothing

You swapped the difference value; a monster has to be 800 or less over this card, not more.

But, yeah, Double or Nothing seems like a pretty silly card to use with it.

On 12/16/2019 at 6:51 AM, Dr. Jolly Glot the III said:

"If this card attack a monster whose its ATK is higher than this card and the difference is 800 or lower: You can Negate this card attack and then this card ATK become same as that monster"

Thanks for the wording help! The real point of the card was actually to raise the stakes when your opponent has a higher ATK monster. Make it to where they will have to destroy both my card and theirs, then go through the process of getting a better card. Clever Swordsman is really formidable when equipped with something that raises ATK. Not made for an engine or for supporting anything, just a nice stand-alone card that might be handy if you are using it against a low-level deck.

I bet this card would do good in a Marauding Captain lockdown. Just run 3 of these cards with 3 United and place 2 Mage Power on the 2 Maruading Captains. That way, you should have a nice wall to protect yourself.

Marauding Captain = 3700 and can't be attacked

Clever Swordsman = 5000 and can't be attacked

That generally makes it so that the only thing that can kill you via battle would be Slifer, Ra or something around that size.

But this would also work well in a low level reflective burn strategy.

Archived