[Concept] Rush Monsters

Thomas★Zero

So with the reveal of Yu-Gi-Oh! Sevens and their Rush Duel format I thought as a neat yet simple concept for the game is to introduce Rush Monsters which are a sub type of monsters that can be Normal Summoned in addition to your first Normal Summon/Set that turn. Here are the following examples.

Stride Striker
lv 3 EARTH
Warrior/Rush
You can Normal Summon this card in addition to your Normal Summon/Set this turn. 
ATK/1000 DEF/1000

Jet Wingman
lv 5 WIND
Machine/Rush/Effect
You can Normal Summon this card in addition to your Normal Summon/Set this turn. If this card destroys a monster by battle: Draw 1 card.
ATK/2100 DEF/1200

Shining Sword Magician
lv 7 LIGHT
Spellcaster/Rush/Effect
You can Normal Summon this card in addition to your Normal Summon/Set this turn. If this card is Normal Summoned: Add 1 "Swords of" Spell/Trap card from your Deck to your hand. Once per turn (Quick Effect): You can banish 1 "Swords of" Spell/Trap from your GY; this card gains 1500 ATK and DEF until the End Phase this turn.
ATK/2500 DEF/2000

• 1 month later...
On 12/22/2019 at 3:49 AM, syntaxoil said:

fun idea but i think it'd get pretty broken if you put too many low level rush cards into your deck

*Note: to slim things down, I'm going to call this mechanic of extra Normal Summons "Rush Summoning." You don't have to adopt it.*

Agreed. You may need to add some restrictions, such as only being able to Rush Summon one monster per turn. Another possibility is preventing a Rush Summoned monster from attacking its first turn, and/or preventing Rush Summoned monsters from being Tributed for Tribute Summons for a few turns.

Archived