Noctovision Dragon [ETCO]

spacer.png

Noctovision Dragon

Dark Dragon / Effect

LV7 0/2800

When your opponent activates a card or effect that targets a Set card(s) you control (Quick Effect): You can banish this card from your GY; negate that effect, also your opponent cannot target that Set card(s) with card effects for the rest of this turn. You can only use each of the following effects of "Noctovision Dragon" once per turn.

● If a DARK Dragon monster(s) is Special Summoned to your field (except during the Damage Step): You can Special Summon this card from your hand.

● If this card is sent to the GY as Link Material: You can draw 1 card.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/9/2020 at 11:42 PM, Tinkerer said:

(3) When an opponent’s card or effect that targets a face-up card(s) you control is activated (Quick Effect): You can banish this card from your GY; negate that effect, and if you do your opponent cannot target that card with card effects for the rest of this turn while it remains face-down.

Is the "face down" at the end a typo?

5 minutes ago, I Hate Snatch Steal said:

Is the "face down" at the end a typo?

Probably. There's usually a few errors when they're translating leaks as they're receiving 'em. I'll update the text.

EDIT: Huh, so the card protects Set cards, not face-up cards at all. That's different.

Pretty nice and well-rounded stuff, imo. Self-Special Summoning effect, drawing effect, protection by banishing effect, nice DEF. I wonder if other monsters in the archetype are FLIP, since this guy will provide great support for those. I'm also thinking of Ghostrick and Shaddoll, but I doubt this card will be playable outside the archetype.

15 hours ago, Tinkerer said:

Probably. There's usually a few errors when they're translating leaks as they're receiving 'em. I'll update the text.

EDIT: Huh, so the card protects Set cards, not face-up cards at all. That's different.

It was used in the anime to protect a set spell/trap card but IDK if that would have stayed the same for IRL

2 hours ago, Rayfield Shade said:

Pretty nice and well-rounded stuff, imo. Self-Special Summoning effect, drawing effect, protection by banishing effect, nice DEF. I wonder if other monsters in the archetype are FLIP, since this guy will provide great support for those. I'm also thinking of Ghostrick and Shaddoll, but I doubt this card will be playable outside the archetype.

This card isn't part of any archetype. It was a card used by Revolver and outside of his Rokkets, many of his DARK Dragons have generic effects.

27 minutes ago, ~British Soul~ said:

This card isn't part of any archetype. It was a card used by Revolver and outside of his Rokkets, many of his DARK Dragons have generic effects.

Ugh, again, the fact that I haven't watched the anime got the best of me. Anyway, this feels like it has decent potential, although it'll be a niche one since it's pretty restricted to the DARK Dragon part. Armaggedon Knight will help this reach the GY for it's protective effect, though.

1 minute ago, Rayfield Shade said:

Ugh, again, the fact that I haven't watched the anime got the best of me. Anyway, this feels like it has decent potential, although it'll be a niche one since it's pretty restricted to the DARK Dragon part. Armageddon Knight will help this reach the GY for it's protective effect, though.

You're not wrong in the sense that this is a niche card, but I suppose one could use this in Shaddolls as a weird tech.

Archived