Choose your new mod  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be a mod

• Winter
    • Striker
    • Klav
    • Dae
    • Yemachu

I already admitted that I would never ask to be a mod. Also, the 5 people I listed are more active/deserving of the spot than the current bunch that we have as mods.

And yes, that even includes you Dae. I actually never had anything against you and I think that putting you up there just because should prove my theory that you might actually be pretty cool if given a chance.

Odds are Winter or Yemachu will win this poll though.

Right now, this is more of a curiosity thing. But I mean if Flame Dragon and YCMaker take the votes into account by the time the thread dies down then I guess choosing a new mod won't be very hard.

9 minutes ago, Flame Dragon said:

I mean, do we need another mod? The forum isn't super active and I can handle things by myself.

I'm sure we don't need another mod at the moment. I did state that this is more a curiosity thing right now. But maybe somewhere down the line.

33 minutes ago, Horu Ishayuki said:

I'm sure we don't need another mod at the moment. I did state that this is more a curiosity thing right now. But maybe somewhere down the line.

YCM has been nothing but dying out. Even with YCMaker "doing things", the activity has diminished from even 6 months ago. This website is history.

Admittedly, it is kinda unfair to compare activity to "6 months ago" because that was right before the site was shut for over a month as YCMaker revamped the place.

...an annoying problem is that any pick-up in activity would probably come from old users finding this place again, but since the card maker doesn't have the old creations saved, even that source of new peeps kinda runs dry.

...but that's not what this thread is about. In any case, I'm staying out of the vote, but I am curious who voted for whom and why.

If Nyx was on here I'd totally vote for him though.

I put the list based on who was mentioned of deserving of being a mod. Oh and added Dae just for fun. Nyx wasn't mentioned so that's why he wasn't on the list.

I personally voted for Winter because I honestly think he deserves a spot given how much he cares for the site and all.

6 hours ago, Tinkerer said:

Admittedly, it is kinda unfair to compare activity to "6 months ago" because that was right before the site was shut for over a month as YCMaker revamped the place.

...an annoying problem is that any pick-up in activity would probably come from old users finding this place again, but since the card maker doesn't have the old creations saved, even that source of new peeps kinda runs dry.

...but that's not what this thread is about. In any case, I'm staying out of the vote, but I am curious who voted for whom and why.

If Nyx was on here I'd totally vote for him though.

The site was shut off for a month literally a year ago, not 6 months. NeoCardMaker was made in response to this site being done for a month, which had just had its 1 year anniversary. YCM, after that, was done periodically during the 6 months the site was being upgraded; It wasn't even a month. And activity should have rose within the time span since then. It has only diminished. That, by itself, says how active this site is. If a revamping is not enough to inspire activity, the site is dead. 6 months is a lot of time for the site to grow. If a restaurant would have been revamped and diminished on return consumers, it would go out of business.

1 hour ago, Dae said:

The site was shut off for a month literally a year ago, not 6 months. NeoCardMaker was made in response to this site being done for a month, which had just had its 1 year anniversary. YCM, after that, was done periodically during the 6 months the site was being upgraded; It wasn't even a month. And activity should have rose within the time span since then. It has only diminished. That, by itself, says how active this site is. If a revamping is not enough to inspire activity, the site is dead. 6 months is a lot of time for the site to grow. If a restaurant would have been revamped and diminished on return consumers, it would go out of business.

Well, Dae does have a half valid point. And the thing that attracts new and old users alike is semi-functional and out of date. Right now, without the ability to save sets makes the card maker an outdated version of Yemachu's.

But this thread is more of a curious optimism to give the members a fair chance to choose who they would want as a mod.

1 hour ago, Dae said:

This is now a "YCM is dying" thread, I guess.

Yeah, I remember when it shut down early last year; it was down for two-to-three weeks, I believe.  It was a real pain for me personally since I didn't have any way of contacting anyone else and I wasn't on the Discord.  But I digress.  That's not what I was talking about.  I was talking about the literal month+ it was down this past August-September.  This doesn't give precise dates, but, yeah, you can see that it was down for at least a month.  That month was the thing that killed like 90% of activity.

Having new/returning people isn't likely either because, structurally, the month-long "revamp" made the site worse (the card maker was gone for a while and still doesn't have its original features, there is still no way to spoiler text, no dark theme, etc.).

8 minutes ago, Tinkerer said:

This is now a "YCM is dying" thread, I guess.

Yeah, I remember when it shut down early last year; it was down for two-to-three weeks, I believe.  It was a real pain for me personally since I didn't have any way of contacting anyone else and I wasn't on the Discord.  But I digress.  That's not what I was talking about.  I was talking about the literal month+ it was down this past August-September.  This doesn't give precise dates, but, yeah, you can see that it was down for at least a month.  That month was the thing that killed like 90% of activity.

Having new/returning people isn't likely either because, structurally, the month-long "revamp" made the site worse (the card maker was gone for a while and still doesn't have its original features, there is still no way to spoiler text, no dark theme, etc.).

These are all issues I hope YCMaker will fix. And having spoilers and themes back would be nice. Also, an updated and fully functional card maker would be amazing. As for NCM/YCM's departed members, there isn't much we can do there.

9 hours ago, Horu Ishayuki said:

These are all issues I hope YCMaker will fix. And having spoilers and themes back would be nice. Also, an updated and fully functional card maker would be amazing. As for NCM/YCM's departed members, there isn't much we can do there.

The biggest draw to the site is the Card Maker. Maybe once a fully functional one, the site might become more active. I don't see that since, it hasn't been functional since Arc-V and Link monsters; People figured out ways to make custom cards without it. Other sites are also better, community-wise.

4 hours ago, Dae said:

The biggest draw to the site is the Card Maker. Maybe once a fully functional one, the site might become more active. I don't see that since, it hasn't been functional since Arc-V and Link monsters; People figured out ways to make custom cards without it. Other sites are also better, community-wise.

Dae, the point of this thread is to breed optimism. Now stop being a Negative Nancy.

• 4 weeks later...

Oh well, I guess Yemachu would be the popular choice since he gave us an updated card maker at least. I mean the poll is still going and whoever gets it gets it. I might stop it at whoever gets 10 votes first.

1 hour ago, Horu Ishayuki said:

...whoever gets 10 votes first.

It's been a month and the leading person has 2. Waiting for 1 person to have 10 doesn't seem like it's gonna happen any time soon.

That said, does Yemachu even come on here? I like and respect the guy, but him being mod doesn't make sense if he doesn't actually - you know - show up.

EDIT: Quick check on his profile. He was on here early December but his last action was a year-and-a-half ago.

True. But I don't think I set an expiration on the poll so technically, I could call it now or after 10 votes. But to my knowledge, I did call it right when I said Winter or Yemachu will most likely win it anyway.

okay

i was shown this poll

and i just...i just felt I needed to say something. decided to log back on just for this

I won't speak on winter but as for the others...

striker, klav, and yemachu don't really post here at all best i can tell, dae only barely
klav is literally a member who was permabanned for consistently harassing people
a 30 second look at misc shows me that the thread suggesting striker and klav was a joke
dae apparently according to the maker of the poll was a not serious suggestion

so this poll is literally just yemachu or winter. the former of which doesn't really come here and is literally an admin of ncm so doubt they'd want to even mod here, especially as the card maker they made wouldn't be allowed by ycmaker i imagine

and idk why it sounds like you're saying the winner is gonna become a mod when no one that can actually do that, and no one involved in the poll besides dae, has said anything...

i am utterly baffled by this entire thread

The poll is mostly for fun. I just collected mentions of everyone that should be a mod and decided to make a poll out of it for funsies. Also, a bit of optimistic curiosity never hurt. But mostly for fun. Dae was never actually mentioned to be deserving of the spot. I just put him there for shits and giggles. Somebody recently mentioned klav and striker deserving a spot as mods. And honestly, I feel either Winter or Yemachu should get it if it ever happens.

Winter because he loves this place.

And Yemachu because he gave us an up-to-date card maker to use for the time being.

Granted, we might not be able to save sets with Yemachu's card maker but at least we can make the cards. Maybe YCMaker will work with Yemachu on a new card maker and hopefully we'll get some new features.

Also, welcome back Cow. I'm a little humbled to have you present in one of my threads.

Archived