Counters treated as Equip Cards.

HQCardmaker

Holder of Attacking Thousands

LIGHT/Fiend/Monster/Effect 4*

You must have room for 1 Equip Spell in your Spell/Trap Card Zone before Summoning this Monster. Add one Thousand Counter (max. 3) to this card.  The Counter is also treated as an Equip Spell with the following effect:

Add 1000 ATK to the Equip Monster.

You can remove 1 Thousand Counter from this card and if you do: You can negate an effect ready to destroy 1 Monster on your side of the Field and if you do: add one Thousand Counter to this card at the end of the End Phase but treat it as an Equip Spell with half the ATK boost (rounded down) of the Equip Spell/Thousand Counter before it.

ATK/0  DEF/0

I know the example card is junk.  It is just supposed to show one way this works.  In this case you have a card with possible attacks of 1000, 500, 250, 125, 62, 31, 15, 7, 3, 1, and 0.

(Now allowing anyone to collaborate and make their own Counter Style Equip Spells.)

3 hours ago, HQCardmaker said:

(Now allowing anyone to collaborate and make their own Counter Style Equip Spells.)

I want to collab. Since anyone can collab, let me post my card:

• 3 chances beast
  • Level 4 / Light
  • Winged-Beast / Effect
  • You must have room for 1 Equip Spell in your Spell/Trap Card Zone before Summoning this Monster. Add three Chance Counter (max. 3) to this card.  The Counter is also treated as an Equip Spell with the following effect:
  • If the monster this spell is equipped to is attacked; You can discard this Equip spell: Flip a coin, If heads: the attack is negated.
  • 1300 / 1300

Is this good?

Since counters is treated as physical card this way so that means its limited to spell/Trap zone too right? 

So a card with this type of counter can be only placed at max 5 and with that you cannot activate reguler spell/trap. Or its has other feature?

4 hours ago, Yami Kiniko said:

I want to collab. Since anyone can collab, let me post my card:

• 3 chances beast
  • Level 4 / Light
  • Winged-Beast / Effect
  • You must have room for 1 Equip Spell in your Spell/Trap Card Zone before Summoning this Monster. Add three Chance Counter (max. 3) to this card.  The Counter is also treated as an Equip Spell with the following effect:
  • If the monster this spell is equipped to is attacked; You can discard this Equip spell: Flip a coin, If heads: the attack is negated.
  • 1300 / 1300

Is this good?

Yes.  I have trouble understanding what you are going for though.  Is every Counter you added in this way an Equip Spell or is there a meta-game where other effects can add Chance Counters and those are Equip Spells too or is it a lingering effect and any card can use these Counters? I know Counters can't be moved but I'm trying to future proof the card.

"Counters of this type on this card are also Equip Spells with the following effect:"

OR

"Once resolved, Counters of this type on any card are also Equip Spells with the following effect:"

I'm not changing card text, just want to know what it is short for.

2 hours ago, Dr. Jolly Glot the III said:

Since counters is treated as physical card this way so that means its limited to spell/Trap zone too right? 

So a card with this type of counter can be only placed at max 5 and with that you cannot activate reguler spell/trap. Or its has other feature?

I think I'll go by the traditional rule of an effect: If it adds mechanics, it adds mechanics, period.

I probably can help polishing @HQCardmaker concept a bit:

X (This counter also occupied a Spell/Trap Zone as if it was an equip spell that equipped on monster this counter placed on with the following effect: X) X

X= the rest of effect

Pretty much the closest fix i can do based on irl wording and its noun variant

2 minutes ago, Dr. Jolly Glot the III said:

I probably can help polishing @HQCardmaker concept a bit:

X (This counter also occupied a Spell/Trap Zone as if it was an equip spell with the following effect: X) X

X= the rest of effect

Pretty much the closest fix i can do based on irl wording and its noun variant

I'll allow it.  Thanks.  This works too.

I am curious as to whether I should declare a target to equip to, but it works.

Now with that clear-up. Since by mechanic that it occupied player zone, you can only have 5 counters at the time. So unlike most of counter based strategy that play on huge number of counter, your Equip-counter plays on how strong the inherent effect the counter has ( X inside Bracket in my above example) also it become exclusive to monster 

Contrary to popular beliefs, the act of equip doesnt always mean its also targeting, although in general placing reguler equips spell on monster does also treated as targeting. But in this case i think your mechanic dont need that 

3 hours ago, HQCardmaker said:

Yes.  I have trouble understanding what you are going for though.  Is every Counter you added in this way an Equip Spell or is there a meta-game where other effects can add Chance Counters and those are Equip Spells too or is it a lingering effect and any card can use these Counters? I know Counters can't be moved but I'm trying to future proof the card.

"Counters of this type on this card are also Equip Spells with the following effect:"

OR

"Once resolved, Counters of this type on any card are also Equip Spells with the following effect:"

I'm not changing card text, just want to know what it is short for.

I think I'll go by the traditional rule of an effect: If it adds mechanics, it adds mechanics, period.

I CTRL C and Ctrl V'd the word of you, @HQCardmaker

Archived