[ROTD] Fury of Kairyu-Shin

Seriously? A straightforward searcher for Torrential Tribute + effect destruction protection for WATERs. I guess this is an example of what it takes to attempt to make relevant again Traps that were much better in the past.
Card looks fine. Slightly blatant with the protection effect but better than it if was merely a bland TT searcher.

Umm, okay?

Its so specific its just so weird

Function wise, kinda doubt it. Card meant to make immediate mass-distruption almost like poor man's Nibiru. But thats just too much if a reach and its practically useless turn 2

Lore wise, i guess you can connect TT and Kairyu-Shin as Archetype//Series now. Even then is still too weird and lack of synergy 

The pacing of the gameplay style doesn't sound suited for top tier, but otherwise I like this.

Torrential getting a little more searchable makes Nukes a little better. WATER decks have ways to go around it. Torrential Reborn and Aegis of the Ocean Dragon Lord and now on top of this.

Though the problem is not being able to nuke without killing your monsters. The problem is that the pacing even if dedicating the decks to it will only give you a single nuke or two per turn, and with destruction protection and good old fashioned floating running around on top of reacting in other ways... it's slow and it just keeps generating loses without recover for you while you just keep reacting... That's no good. Even if you added Needle Ceiling for extra stuff... Even better nukes like Kaiju Slumber are not exactly thriving, or Raigeki, which IMO should already be at 3 and would still be a side at best... Oh that's right, we also have Lightning Storm. None quick but they are usable on the spot.

If the game wants Torrential usable, maybe have the searching spell make Torrential banish the monsters and net you a draw for each would help instead of another protection coat.. heck, make it a quick play that immediately triggers Torrential from deck xD

Archived