Duel Quiz Game (Play only if you dare!)

Bluvista

Alright, here is how this works. Every day, if the current duel puzzle has been solved correctly. I will declare the victor, award them their points, and create the next one. The competitor who successfully completes the puzzle earns 100 Pts + 50 x the difficulty. (there are 3 difficulty ratings, Easy, Moderate, and Difficult) There is a shop here for cards that can be used in the next puzzle, among other things. After each puzzle, I'll ask if anyone wants to buy something. You each get 1 attempt per puzzle. If someone else posts something that is not the correct solution, you can say "I want to start where x left off at this point" * Duel Puzzles could include Anime-Only cards, I'll put an asterisk next to those. 

Here is the shop:

SHOP

1 MST: 50 Pts

1 Magic Cylinder: 50 Pts

1 Harpies Feather Duster: 100 Pts  (Stop seducing people, you stupid feather duster) 

1 Card of Demise: 100 Pts

1 Pot of Avarice: 150 Pts

1 Monster Reborn: 150 Pts

1 Raigeki: 175 Pts

1 Vanity's Emptiness: 175 Pts

Current Scoreboard:

@Rayfield Lumina: 250 Pts

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Umm... so, maybe I'm missing something here, but... you're aware that both Armed Dragons can only be Special Summoned by the effects of the prior Dragon and cannot be Special Summoned in other ways? So, you control no monsters, you only control 1 Trap that SS 3 Ojamas to the opponent's side of the field, but I'm not seeing a way to activate the Dragon's effect to take them down and inflict the burn damage, and none of the cards in hand can be Special Summoned, Reincarnation only add to the hand, and you're not specifying Extra Deck, so I guess you don't have access to it. Lol, either I'm missing something obvious or this makes no sense, Blu, but right now I'm kinda drowsing, so I'll try again tomorrow.

Oops, Thank's for catching that, I meant to put Monster Reborn there. The correct solving, ((In my mind at least) was, Monster reborn LV7, Ojama Trio your opponent, tribute LV 7 for LV10, use LV10 to discard literally any of the monsters in your hand, nuke the opponents monster, deal 900 damage, and finally direct attack for game. I'll make the next puzzle different, and correct. 

4 minutes ago, Bluvista said:

Oops, Thank's for catching that, I meant to put Monster Reborn there. The correct solving, ((In my mind at least) was, Monster reborn LV7, Ojama Trio your opponent, tribute LV 7 for LV10, use LV10 to discard literally any of the monsters in your hand, nuke the opponents monster, deal 900 damage, and finally direct attack for game. I'll make the next puzzle different, and correct. 

Lol, Blu, you gotta be more careful, your first game and already had trouble xD. Also, I'm afraid you cannot use Monster Reborn to bring back Lv 7 to the field, take a look at its text. "Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned by "Armed Dragon LV5". This means the ONLY way to summon Lv 7 is through the effect of Lv 5. As of lately, Konami stopped using "and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways" and only use "Must be", but it's implying that.

For pointing this out, I deserve some points and a like XD. Basically, the solution to the first puzzle is "There is no solution, mister Bluvista, it's a trick question!" ^_^

@Rayfield Lumina Is awarded 50 Pts for pointing an incredibly obvious mistake that makes the above situation impossible to complete. 

Pts board:

Rayfield Lumina: 50 Pts

Next Puzzle: Medium

Opponent: 7500 LP

0 Cards in Hand, 

Controls Bowganian, and Blackwing - Bora the Spear in Defense Position, a face-up Spirit Barrier, a face-up *Soul-Binding Gate and has a set Spell/Trap in their Spell/Trap zone.)

You: 1200 LP

Controls Earthbound Immortal Ccapac Apu, and a has a Face-Up Imperial Order, and on the field, and has a set *Wasteland Tornado that can activate this turn. 

In Hand: Black Pendant, Big Bang Shot, Twin Swords of Flashing Light - Tryce,  Skull Servant 

It is your Standby Phase, (you can choose whether or not to pay Imperial Order's Cost. ) WIN THIS TURN. (P.S It is Possible I Double-Checked Everything)

10 minutes ago, Bluvista said:

and has a set card. 

I think you should specify if this set card is a monster or a Spell/Trap. Also, I'm wondering if during this game you can be "surprised", so to speak. I mean, suppose that set card is a Mirror Force, so I've prepared everything, and when I'm about to attack "Say cheese, the set card happened to be a Mirror Force, try again, dude".

About the surprise stuff, if you do activate a card or effect, I will let you know Via PM. and you can respond accordingly. You should expect a surprise every now and then but not every time. If you can't respond, then I will let you know what has happened and it's effect on the duel state. 

Well, that face-down thingy worries me, but I'll just try the simplest approach here and see how it goes. So, I don't want Imperial to block my Spells, so it goes to the GY. I activate my Tornado to take down the Barrier. I set the Pendant. It's ok, since for some reason Spells can be set and activated in the same turn. So I equip everything to Apu (discarding Skull Servant for Tryce's cost) and ends up with 3400 ATK and double attack. Apu has the effect to attack directly, but it is not mandatory, so I attack the Defense monsters, for a total piercing damage of 5000, plus the direct damage Apu inflicts, thats another 3000. So, I wonder if this is correct or that set card is gonna screw me, lol.

So, congratulations to @Rayfield Lumina! for completing the first possible Duel Puzzle! 

200 Points are added to @Rayfield Lumina's Score! 

How they did it:

"Well, that face-down thingy worries me, but I'll just try the simplest approach here and see how it goes. So, I don't want Imperial to block my Spells, so it goes to the GY. I activate my Tornado to take down the Barrier. I set the Pendant. It's ok, since for some reason Spells can be set and activated in the same turn. So I equip everything to Apu (discarding Skull Servant for Tryce's cost) and ends up with 3400 ATK and double attack. Apu has the effect to attack directly, but it is not mandatory, so I attack the Defense monsters, for a total piercing damage of 5000, plus the direct damage Apu inflicts, thats another 3000." 

Archived