Gemini Harpie

spacer.png

(sorry for the bad sketch, i was too tired to fix or finish it)

Gemini Harpie (WIND)

Level 5 ***** [Winged Beast / Effect] ATK/1800 DEF/1400

(This card's name is always treated as "Harpie Lady Sisters".)

If you control a "Harpie Lady": you can Normal Summon (but not Set) this card by Tributing 1 "Harpie" monster from your Deck.

If only your opponent controls a monster, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand).

Hey! Not bad, not bad 🙂 . You even kept the original girl's wide brows and their ambiguous smiles! C'mon, don't say it's bad. It's unfinished, which is way different. I'm seeing that you lowered the ATK a little to justify the added effect if you compare it to the original, but considering how developed the meta is compared to those good ol' days when you would stuck 5 or more 1900 ATK Vanillas in the Deck, I don't see any problem in keeping the 1900 for the nostalgia (sigh, what times). What's more important is that, as far as I know, most of the Xyz Harpies summon are either Lv 4 or Lv 7, so keeping the ATK and Lv of the original could be nice.

To be honest I am not even sure why i kept the ATK at 1800. (it's fixed now) 
Thanks for the positive reinforcement on my drawing skills 🙂 

As per the odd leveling - well its intended use it to replace to some degree the original H.L.Sisters and to have synergy with the rest of the recent Harpie cards (Feather Rest, Oracle, Perfumer) that require a level 5 or higher monster.
Since Harpies usually go for Level 7 Xyz or Synchros or both, this card can extend that to level to 8 (or H.L - Scratch Clash, when using the preferred Lv3 tuners with this card)

1st effect is generally a "Foolish Burial"-kind of thing intended to trigger "Harpie Harpist" or setup a "Feather Rest". 

2nd effect (Cyber Dragon-ish) is a gimmick with the purpose of enabling various combos with Oracle, Perfumer, Dancer and Harpist.

In hindsight, maybe i should have posted this in the Advanced section. 

Ohhh, excellent! I didn't know of Feather Rest, Oracle or Perfumer (I don't pay much attention to recent cards, tbh), I've researched for those cards and yeah, this should combo nicely with them. I'm stuck with those times when the most typical uses of Harpies where the Summon of creatures such as like Chidori, Ice Beast Zerofyne, Dracossack, Big Eye, etc. I gotta update, right? xD.

• 5 weeks later...

Was wondering why it Tributes from the Deck, but yeah, it enables Harpist. Card looks good enough to me. It's easy to get on board, and from what I have noticed, Harpies appreciate more ways to reach the board, to enable cards like and the Hunting Grounds, Feather Storm, and Level 5 is welcomed for the aforementioned Oracle and Perfumer. The only drawback is that Level 5 makes it difficult to work for the Synchro Summon of Cyber Slash, but the pros outweigh the cons in this case, IMO.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived