Lightsworn Emblem [WRITTEN]

Tinkerer

Lightsworn Emblem
Equip Spell
Equip to a "Lightsworn" monster.  The equipped monster gains 300 ATK/DEF.  During your Main Phase, you can send cards from the top of your Deck to the GY equal to the Level of the monster this card is equipped to, and if you do, destroy this card.  When this card is sent to the GY by a card effect: Target up to 3 other cards in your GY; shuffle this card and those target(s) into the Deck, and if you do, gain 200 LP for each card returned.  You can only use each effect of "Lightsworn Emblem" once per turn.

• 1 month later...

Interesting effect, although shuffling this card aswell as three others is kind of counter productive to what Lightsworn's try to accomplish. Maybe if it was sent to the graveyard by a card effect, it gets added to the hand would be better. Stat boosting is nice, but the amount being added is kind of low. Same can be said about the life point gain. Sending this equipped card to the graveyard to send cards from your deck equal to the level of the equipped monster is good. Definitely something that would make this quite useful in LIghtsworn decks and really helps what they try to accomplish. 

All in all, a pretty decent card. 7/10.

Heyo, thanks for taking a look at the card, and welcome to YCM!

Just wanted to give you a heads-up since you seem to be a new member: try not to post in other people's topics if they are more than a month old.  That's "necrobumping" and it is generally frowned upon (it's also against the rules in certain sections).  No harm, no foul though; YCM needs the activity. 😅

As for the card itself, yeah I see where you're coming from, but I think you're forgetting the Lightsworn win condition: Judgment Dragon.  I designed this card with the recycle effect so that you can shuffle Judgment Dragon back into the deck so you can draw it without having to add outside techs.  The recycle effect can also help return used Felis, Wulfs, Charge of the Light Brigade/Solar Recharge, etc. into the deck so you can keep extending your plays.  Adding it to hand just makes it a slow infinite mill machine (which is thematic, but not particularly helpful for Lightsworns).

3 hours ago, Tythe Scora said:

No harm, no foul though; YCM needs the activity. 😅

Hahaha, I couldn't agree more 🙂 

Now that this card has been resurrected from the shadows of the abyss:

I normally like stuff that can shuffle your tools into the deck, and even though I agree with the noobmaster about the effect not being exactly the most adequate for Lightswords, the good side (Judgment-chan and mentioned Spells) probably outweighs this fact. No, what I feel off, is the auto-exploding effect. Of course I'm no expert, but a card that can be easily equipped in the right deck and sent to the GY in the same turn for such powerful effect would be Limited at best, imo. Consider the very same Judgment-chan. Activate -> Send to GY -> humongous 8 cards to the GY in a Lightsworn Deck -> Profit! What I feel is that that particular effect could be nerfed a bit, either by preventing the activation of that effect the same turn the card is equipped or by limiting the max number of cards sent to the GY by it (maybe 4), but in the plus side, you could make it so the card says Level/Rank ^_^

Thanks for your assessment, Ray.

I can see where you're coming from there as well.  I admit, I don't personally think it'd be too broken since the card is basically a LIGHT-themed Slash Draw, but a potential turn 1 mill 8 or something is very abusable.

I'll re-balance the card:

Nerf: I'll only let it equip to Lightsworn monsters; that way, it'll be specific and the maximum mill will be 6 cards.  I also made its second effect mandatory, which makes the card a bit more temperamental and makes the HOPT stronger.

Buff: It'll trigger when sent to GY by any card effect, it can help increase interactivity with decks that need recycling.

1 hour ago, Tythe Scora said:

I'll re-balance the card:

Nerf: I'll only let it equip to Lightsworn monsters; that way, it'll be specific and the maximum mill will be 6 cards.  I also made its second effect mandatory, which makes the card a bit more temperamental and makes the HOPT stronger.

Buff: It'll trigger when sent to GY by any card effect, it can help increase interactivity with decks that need recycling.

Definitely looking better! I'd consider adding it to the Touhou Deck to recycle those naughty engine girls xD

As a side note: Goodness, that Slash Draw is such a violent card! O_O. But I find it funny how its copy effect is screwed in TCG due to Limitation, 'dat Konami. And it's called Strike of Destiny (Coup du Destin) in french, cool.

3 minutes ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

Definitely looking better! I'd consider adding it to the Touhou Deck to recycle those naughty engine girls xD

As a side note: Goodness, that Slash Draw is such a violent card! O_O. But I find it funny how its copy effect is screwed in TCG due to Limitation, 'dat Konami. And it's called Strike of Destiny (Coup du Destin) in french, cool.

Yeah, I think it was used in an FTK with the Danger! monsters, hence the limitation.

I said this about people tampering with Konami's Create-a-card campaign, but it seems the TCG just can't have nice things.

36 minutes ago, Tythe Scora said:

Yeah, I think it was used in an FTK with the Danger! monsters, hence the limitation.

Mmm... now I see.

37 minutes ago, Tythe Scora said:

said this about people tampering with Konami's Create-a-card campaign, but it seems the TCG just can't have nice things.

*Nods silently while tears gush down my eyes while thinking of Light Bringer Lucifer*

Archived