We might have to face facts . . .

Move or delete if inappropriate.

How long has it been since the Card maker went back up with it's most important feature missing?  A couple years now?  And how long have we been told that "saved cards are still there" and that "they'll be back soon" and that "Pendulum and Link are coming"?  Same amount of time, give or take?

Meanwhile, we've gotten no updates since.  YCMaker has spoken to no one.  He hasn't posted anything or replied to messages.  And the Card Maker is still as incomplete as it was after it came back.

Now, I want to be wrong.  There may even be some detail or nuance in this very post that I have omitted due to lack of information.  I want to find that I've just been foolish and that everything is fine.  But given what we have now and how long it's been, I think we might have to face facts:

We may never get the full Card Maker.  Which means no Pendulum, no Link, and all of our saved cards might very well be gone forever.

How do we know?  We don't.  But how do we know that everything's fine?  YCMaker is practically a recluse at this point.  For all we know, they might have been stalling us all this time to delay the inevitable, because no one wants to break that bad news.  But if it is true, the least they could do is just break it to us.  If there's not gonna be any updates, don't we deserve to know?

Again, I could be wrong.  In fact, I embrace it.  I would love nothing more than for me to be totally wrong on this.  But I'm just saying, there's a chance we all might have to prepare for the worst news possible, since we don't have anything else.  They say no news is good news, but at this point, it might as well be a coin toss.

This post is very sensible, I pretty much agree with basically everything you said, @CAwriter89, and I thank you for voicing the fear of many of us. Unfortunately, as things stand, it is going to be definitely as you just said: a coin toss.

I joined the site 6 years ago in order to be able to save my cards and nothing else. With all honesty, during those times, I wasn't interested in being part of a forum. Through friends, I've come to understand what's more or less the site's history, the infamous breakdown and the split. When I began to have activity, about 8 months ago, the Card Maker was in its current state, and I haven't seen YCMaker say a single word in the whole time I've been around. Members have tagged him, posted in his feed, praised him (only once afaik), insulted him, jeered at him, begged to him, and not-a-single-word. I don't know the man, I don't know his motivations or state of mind, I've seen a couple of people saying he's a decent guy and defending him... but I have to say his attitude absolutely infuriates me. I don't know if he's completely stoic, if he's having fun seeing us confused and speculating, if he doesn't give a sh*t anymore, if he just wants to squeeze some money from the adds as long as he can, or if he's a nice person with a convoluted life that cannot find the time to work with the card maker... the only thing I know if that he won't react to anything, he won't explain anything and probably won't do anything for the card maker.

Now, on top of all if this, some days ago, the site was out for about three days. The first thing I saw when I refreshed the page and it finally worked, was YCMaker, the only member active at that time besides me. Could it be a coincidence that he came to visit and found out the site was down and worked on it, or someone close to him told him the situation? Or he's actually keeping an eye on the site and began to work on it from day 1? Impossible to know, but from that breakdown, we have had another three opportunities in which the site didn't work for some minutes. And despite all of this... no word.

So yeah... what's left but to sigh and expect that the site will still be there the next day? What is left but to resign and consider your cards for lost, wishing from one forgotten corner of your brain that someday they'll be back, and that someday, the card maker will be updated?

Honestly, I came here back in the day just because of the Card Maker. It was the only place I could make custom cards for my fanfics and to have fun with people on other message boards. I only check in now to see if my old cards are back. It's disappointing to see that they're not. I would love to know what's really going on behind-the-scenes. If it's an issue with finances, surely something can be worked out. I just want those cards back that I made years ago; if not in an editable form, at least able to be downloaded for reference.

I don't know much about web, but I'm currently working on a desktop card editor for my own card game. I could easily fork the project to make a ygo version of it if you find it that much needed. If you people make a thread with a list of features which you can all agree on, I could devote some time to it in my spare time. Send a notification my way once that's done.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived