Fixing 4 old Genex Monsters

Therealnoobmaster2001

Hm... interesting.  I don't think I've ever actively commented on card remakes, so this'll be a first for me.

I don't know if it's my computer or something, but I can't actually see the first 2 cards, so I won't be able to say anything regarding 'em.

Solar - Much more reasonable to use than its irl counterpart.  The REDMD Summon condition is much more usable than the slower "Tribute Summon-lite" condition.  The extra ATK per Tuner in GY is a nice touch; it should be able to run over a lot of conventional bosses pretty easily.  Honestly, the thing I'm most iffy about is the one effect you did not change.  The burn effect is not once per turn, which just feels dangerous.  I can't think of any way to loop that effect, but a burn coupled with its easier summoning condition could be dangerous.  Just keep that in mind if you're gonna make more support.

Furnace - This one is just pure addition since the original card didn't have too much.  I'm not sure I like how you changed its ATK, even if it makes sense combined with the rest of its effect (erratas/retrains tend to keep the stats the same).  Otherwise, not much to say.  It does a lot of damage and could potentially burn for a lot as well.

I think between the two, I like Solar more.  Furnace makes the deck really OTK-oriented which doesn't "feel" like Genex at all (do you get what I mean?).  The burn damage in both of these gives this a new feel as well, but it actually does feel somewhat appropriate since a few of the Genex Ally monsters focused on ATK manipulation and burn damage.

All in all, these are better for the deck than their originals, but I don't think simply remaking the old cards would be enough without drastically overhauling their play style.  If you do plan to overhaul their play style, maybe you could add more cards that focus on consistency and high damage output to work with Furnace.

On 8/16/2020 at 1:41 PM, Tythe Scora said:

Hm... interesting.  I don't think I've ever actively commented on card remakes, so this'll be a first for me.

I don't know if it's my computer or something, but I can't actually see the first 2 cards, so I won't be able to say anything regarding 'em.

Solar - Much more reasonable to use than its irl counterpart.  The REDMD Summon condition is much more usable than the slower "Tribute Summon-lite" condition.  The extra ATK per Tuner in GY is a nice touch; it should be able to run over a lot of conventional bosses pretty easily.  Honestly, the thing I'm most iffy about is the one effect you did not change.  The burn effect is not once per turn, which just feels dangerous.  I can't think of any way to loop that effect, but a burn coupled with its easier summoning condition could be dangerous.  Just keep that in mind if you're gonna make more support.

Furnace - This one is just pure addition since the original card didn't have too much.  I'm not sure I like how you changed its ATK, even if it makes sense combined with the rest of its effect (erratas/retrains tend to keep the stats the same).  Otherwise, not much to say.  It does a lot of damage and could potentially burn for a lot as well.

I think between the two, I like Solar more.  Furnace makes the deck really OTK-oriented which doesn't "feel" like Genex at all (do you get what I mean?).  The burn damage in both of these gives this a new feel as well, but it actually does feel somewhat appropriate since a few of the Genex Ally monsters focused on ATK manipulation and burn damage.

All in all, these are better for the deck than their originals, but I don't think simply remaking the old cards would be enough without drastically overhauling their play style.  If you do plan to overhaul their play style, maybe you could add more cards that focus on consistency and high damage output to work with Furnace.

The first two are broken for me as well.

Archived