[Written] Tlaloc, Thaumaturge of Rain

Dokutah

Tlaloc, Thaumaturge of Rain

WATER / Level 9 / Fairy / effect

If this card is Summoned or flipped face-up, you can Destroy 1 card on the field. Whenever this card destroy a card by battle or its own effect you can apply one or both of the following effect on all card(s) placed among the zone of the destroyed card and the zone(s) adjacent to it (Horizontally, Vertically, and Diagonally) based on the which player that own that zone(s).

● You: if those card is a WATER monster(s) it gain 200 ATK. also until the End Phase of this turn, whenever a Spell card is resolved on those zones, you gain 500 LP

● Your opponent: if those card is monster(s) it lose 300 ATK until the End Phase. additionally, FIRE monster(s) and face-up Trap cards among those zones is have its effects negated while it face-up on the field.

ATK 3000 / DEF 3000

Damn @Dr. Jolly Glot the III, this one is pretty tricky! I'll try to help by making my own version of the grammar. It'll probably be a lil' longer, but I hope it's clearer.

If this card is Summoned or flipped face-up: You can destroy 1 card on the field. When this card destroys a monster by battle or destroys a card by its own effect, you can apply one or both of the following effects in cards placed in the zone that destroyed card was and all cards placed in adjacent zones (Horizontally, Vertically and Diagonally) of where that destroyed card was, based on which player is the owner of that zone(s).
● You: If the card(s) are a WATER monsters, they gains 200 ATK, also, until the End Phase of this turn, when a Spell Card is resolved on those zones, you gain 500 LP.
● Opponent: If the card(s) are monsters, they loses 300 ATK until the End Phase, also, FIRE monster(s) and face-up Traps have their effects negated while face-up on the field.

I doubt this wording would be approved by Konami, but heck, it was a nice exercise xD. I have trouble deciding where to use the (s) and if after that I should use singular or plural, TBH. Actually, I'd like to bring the attention of @Mr Melon to this fun card, I'm pretty sure he'll find it interesting n.n

I'm really glad to see to see an Aztec deity turned into a card. Will you be making more Thaumaturge (what a nice, fancy word xD) cards? You can use Quetzalcoatl as the WIND bringer of miracles, and Huitzilopochtli as FIRE.

Yeah, this is definitely intriguing.  It looks like the Spriggun's zone/adjacency mechanic inspired this at least a little bit.

For most of the stuff, it looks like @Rayfield Lumina fixed up the wording, but I personally don't really want to touch the "adjacent" mechanic until we get some full-on, Konami Official TCG-side translation. 😅

That said... there is one thing that I feel needs clarity.  Is the effect affecting the zones themselves (giving them temporary "lingering" effects, a la "Sprigguns Blast") or specifically affecting the cards in the zones (a la "Sprigguns Ship Exblower")?  For most of the effect, it feels like you're affecting the cards in the zones, but the Spell Card effect sounds like you're affecting the zones themselves.  (Am I making sense?)

Other than that, yeah.  Cool card, awesome concept.  I like it all around!

Archived