[LIOV] Mirror Judge of the Ice Barrier

https://ygorganization.com/thisissupposedtobebigmomenergyright/

Enycg1wVoAAWq5H.jpg?resize=300%2C216&ssl

Level 4/WATER/Warrior/Effect
You can only use this card name’s (2) and (3) effects once per turn each.
(1) While you control another “Ice Barrier” monster, your opponent loses 500 LP each time they pay LP to activate a card or effect.
(2) You can target up to 2 “Ice Barrier” monsters in your GY and up to 2 cards in your opponent’s GY; shuffle them into the Deck.
(3) If you control an “Ice Barrier” monster: You can banish this card from your GY, then target 1 Attack Position monster on the field; change it to Defense Position.
1800/900

By Trishula's scales. What the hell with all this Ice Barrier support? These things just aren't going anywhere. Tons of new cards, yet most of them don't mesh well at all. No clear strategy to go for, just a ton of defensive or crippling weak effects that are niche at most. This is very, very frustrating, as I love Ice Barriers and I've been asking support for years, yet Konami is decided to make terrible support for them...

2 minutes ago, Mr Melon said:

Does... Does this actually help the deck at all? It feels really bad...

I was writing the above when this reply arrived. I can't agree more.

The first effect is much too niche to pay off. Sure, there's the Solemn cards, but all it does is sting your opponent. Caravan of the Ice Barrier already does the second effect (and better, sadly). And when the best part of the effect is that last bit, this card will NEVER see use in an actual Ice Barrier Deck.

It has decent ATK. But no Summoning effect, no effect that adds cards to your hand, and no removal. So this card would just unnecessarily take up space in any Deck it was put in (well, assuming anyone did).

Way to waste Gishki Natalia's image on this card, Konami (or whoever the hell designed this monster).

Archived