Exchange Archetype + Support [WRITTEN]

Tinkerer

Hello, fine peoples!

I actually remember wanting to do this for a while, but never really finished it any time I tried putting pen to paper on it.  Now that I've made it, I'd kinda remembered why I didn't do it before.  Right now, it's all over the place and I never committed myself to a solid win condition outside of the field spell (which I recognize is bad design on my part).

I'll probably take a second crack at this one again later when I can focus it a bit more, but I did want to post these ones because I did still like how they turned out (theme-wise).

@Rayfield Lumina

Without further ado, onto the cards!

Exchanging Tree
Field Spell
Monsters that a player controls that they do not own gain 500 ATK/DEF.  During the End Phase, the turn player must target 1 Set card they control; give control of that target to their opponent, regardless, each player takes 200 damage for each card in their hand and each Set card they control that are owned by their opponent.  If this card is sent from the field to the GY: You can target 1 "Exchange" card in your GY; Set it.

Unequal Exchange
Normal Trap
If this card's owner activates this card, you can Set 1 "Exchange" card from your Deck to your opponent's side of the field, then you can activate 1 "Exchanging Tree" from your Deck.  If the opponent of this card's owner activates this card, this card's owner can draw up to 2 cards.  When this Set card is targeted (except during the turn it is Set), negate that effect, then, activate this card.

Exchanging Ritual
Normal Trap
If this card is activated, this card's owner reveals 3 "Exchange" cards from their Deck.  The turn player randomly picks 1 for the owner to add to their hand and the turn player's opponent picks 1 to Set to the owner's opponent's side of the field.  The remaining card is sent to the GY.  When this Set card is targeted (except during the turn it is Set), negate that effect, then, activate this card.

Equivalent Exchange
Quick-Play Spell
If this card's owner activates this effect, both players can target 1 Spell/Trap card in their opponent's GY; Set that target to their side of the field.  If the opponent of this card's owner activates this card, both players can target 1 monster in their opponent's Extra Deck; Special Summon that target to their side of the field in defense position, but it cannot be used as Material, also, destroy it during the End Phase of the next turn.  When this Set card is targeted (except during the turn it is Set), negate that effect, then, activate this card.

Exchange of Ideas
Continuous Trap
Flip over the top 3 cards of both player's decks.  Players may draw the cards from their opponent's deck, and if a player does, Set this card.  If you are not this card's owner, you must draw cards from your opponent's Deck.  When this Set card is targeted (except during the turn it is Set), negate that effect, then, activate this card.

Opening Frenzy
Continuous Spell
During the Standby Phase, the turn player must activate 1 or both of the following effects (whichever are appropriate).
- If you control a Set Spell/Trap(s) owned by the opponent: you must activate 1 of them now.  If the activation timing is incorrect or if the effect cannot resolve, send it to the GY.
- If you have a monster(s) in your hand that is owned by your opponent, Special Summon it in face-down defense position.
This card's name becomes "Exchanging Tree" while on the field or in the GY.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Poor-Luck Goblin
EARTH *
<<The picture is of the little sad goblin kid in "Gift Exchange".  The kid is also pictured on several other cards.>>
Fiend/Flip/Effect
FLIP: Discard 1 card, then you can activate 1 "Exchanging Tree" from your Deck or GY.
During your Standby Phase, if this card is face-down, flip it into face-up defense position.  If this card is face-up at the end of either player's Main Phase, Set it.  This card cannot be used as Material.
300/0

Giving Goblin
EARTH **
<<This one would picture a generic goblin handing out Sheep Tokens>>
Fiend/Flip/Effect
FLIP: Draw 1 card and reveal it.  If it is an "Exchange" card or "Exchanging Tree", you can Speial Summon it (in face-up or face-down defense position) or Set it to your opponent's field, and if you do, draw 1 card.
Cannot be destroyed by battle, except with a card owned by this card's owner.  If your opponent Summons a monster that you own or activates a card or effect of a card you own, you can flip this card into face-down defense position.
900/0

Trading-Up Goblin
EARTH ***
<<This would depict another incarnation of the Goblin of Greed>>
Fiend/Flip/Effect
(This card is always treated as an "Exchange" card)
FLIP: Send 1 card you control to the GY, except a card owned by your opponent, and if you do, reveal the top card from your opponent's Deck and add it to your hand.
You can only activate 1 of the following effects of "Trading-Up Goblin" per turn and only once that turn.  If this Set card is targeted by your opponent (for an attack or a card effect), flip it into face-up attack position, and if you do, negate that attack or effect.  If this face-up card battles a monster, negate that attack, and if you do, flip this card into face-down defense position.
1500/0

Goblin Celebrant
LIGHT ****
<<This one would have the "Goblin Calligrapher" in kabuki clothing with a giant Japanese symbol for "False" in the background>>
Fiend/Flip/Effect
FLIP: Discard 2 cards, unless you control "Exchanging Tree".
If this card battles a monster Special Summoned from the Extra Deck, this card gains 1000 ATK until the end of the Damage Step.  If this card attacks, Set this card at the End of the Battle Phase, then, if you control "Exchanging Tree", you can give control of this card to your opponent.
2100/0

Exchange Goblin - Saint Gobby
LIGHT 9*
Fiend/Effect
You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) by sending 1 card in your hand owned by your opponent or 1 Set card you control owned by your opponent to the GY.  Cannot be targeted by card effects, except by the effects of this card's owner.  If the turn player doesn't activate a card(s) or the effect of a card(s) by this card's owner, skip their Battle Phase.  During the End Phase: Set 1 card from your Deck to your opponent's side of the field.  Your opponent can Set 1 card from their Deck to your side of the field to negate this effect.
0/3000

Gobby's Little Helper
LIGHT *
Fiend/Effect
You can discard this card; add 1 "Exchanging Tree" from your Deck or GY to your hand.  If your opponent declares a direct attack: You can banish this card from your hand or GY; negate that attack, and end the Battle Phase, and if you do, Set 1 "Exchange" Spell/Trap from your GY to your opponent's side of the field.
0/0

Holy moly, this is making me smile a lot, let's see:

🎄: I wonder how'd this fare in a Ghostrick Deck? Quaking Mirror Force also sounds like a friend to this card. I'm interested about the regardless term you used there, I don't think I've seen it before.

Unequal: Damn, I'm getting pumped up. Remember a long time ago I made a question about wording for cards that activate in your opponent's field? This is starting to sound kinda similar. I've been trying to find time to post that "deerglebell" archetype, but couldn't xD. The card is brutal. Direct activation, disruptive capabilities and auto negate + activation. Scary xP. Actually, to not repeat myself, as I see backrow cards share that effect, that such effect is quite terrifying. You'll feel like you got a high chance of screwing it with your MST, Twin Twisters, etc, yet some nasty stuff like a Solemn or a Mirror might lie in wait. Oof.

Ritual: Reminded me a lil of Painful choice, but loads fairer. Triple purpose card, noice.

Equivalent: Very dangerous, as it doesn't negate the effects of the summoned mobs. Maybe you should add "ignoring its Summoning conditions"?

Ideas: probably the first card in the set I consider OP'ed. For 3 turns, the opponent's got to draw stuff that's likely to be useless to then. Sure, you as well if you choose to draw from the opponent's deck as well, but it's likely you'll end up standing better xD. Fun.

Frenzy: First to come in mind (name) resolved in the last effect. Interesting and cool experimental stuff In the forced activation + send it to the GY if timing is improper.

------

Poor Poor luck Goblin T_T. It's trying to hold to something nice so hard it keeps retrieving the Tree from the trash. It's effect to flip itself is a nice measure.

Giving Goblin: Just one word for this fella: Annoying xD.

Trading-Up Goblin. I take back what I said earlier, THIS is annoying. Two effects to take care of it x_x. No wonder is the ever hateful Goblin of Greed

Celebrant: Like, why the hell it has 2100 ATaaaaaack? xD. And it gains 1000 ATK against that ED mob summoned by Equivalent. But yeah, I liked it cause it reminded me of those over to the 1800 old mobs with crazy bad effects like it's FLIP. Still, it's too good, imo xD

Saint Hobby: Name, 👍yeshhh. Effect: tiny typo: you wrote set instead of send. I dunno, man, this card will make me run 3 Dark Holes again xD. 3000 DEF and dat protection...

Lil's Helper T_T Nuuuu, this is just plain evil, I don't wanna fight this deck.

I dunno what's the best option to counter this deck, but maybe just try to set 5 cards in your backrow first turn if you can, lol.

Loved it, but keep it away from me xD. 

Thanks Ray!

I do want to clarify some things based on what you said:

The common effect on the spells/traps (the auto activation) is meant to combo with "Exchanging Tree".  You can Set them during your turn, give them to your opponent with Exchanging Tree, and then during their end phase, if they try to give it back, they are forced to activate it instead.  Of course, you can also force the activations using most Spell/Trap destruction cards (MST and its pals).  I got the idea off of the old card "Bait Doll" which is one of my all time favorites.

Ideas is definitely OP, but within very narrow circumstances.  The "draw from opponent's deck" effect only works while the card is face-up, and if you draw from the opponent's deck, it flips itself face-down.  Once it is face-down, its activation can't be forced again for the rest of the turn, so you can safely pass it with "Exchanging Tree".  For the most part, it is a very conditional "Time Seal".  It can be pretty easy to set it up on the opponent's field, but it requires too much dedication for it to work outside of this archetype.

Celebrant... Yeah, I might've gone a little overboard with this one xD.  3100 ATK lets it beat over most conventional Extra Deck bosses.  At the same time, it shouldn't be so high that it goes for game.  Still, maybe I'll make it deal no battle damage.  I wanted to make sure that each of the monsters can tank the lower leveled ones while "Exchanging Tree" is face-up on the field, otherwise the opponent can easily beat you up with your own monsters!

The term "regardless" (in the way I'm using it) only exists on a single card: "Galaxy Knight".  It's actually pretty neat in terms of PSCT, but I don't get to use it very often!

You also mentioned a couple text mistakes; I'll make sure to go back and fix 'em.  Thanks!

@Mr MelonYou're welcome. I did have a lot of fun going thru the cards. If you saw some grammar horrors, I was using the cellphone, and an ol' enemy of mine is the autocorrector, lol.

Yeah, I had a friend with a couple of Bait Doll in their Deck. I remember we were so wary of that damn card we'd let Dark Hole pass just to conserve Magic Jammer for the Doll xD

Exchange of Ideas is pretty crazy, and even though I consider the most dangerous card in the set, it's also entertaining. Probs, a Lightsworn deck will be the one least concerned about it.

Celebrant is stronk, but since it has that weakness, probably it's ok to leave it as it is. Maybe you could also condition its ATK to the Tree.

Galaxy Knight is interesting as hell! A mandatory flexible effect is pretty cool. It's not conditioned to actually having the Dragon in the GY. This particular effect is negative, but it could be put to good use. Last part, This ATK decrease lasts until the end of this turn. is something else to keep in mind. Y'know, it's been many times I've thought of making a list of cards with reference for types of effects and/or interesting wordings. I haven't done so so far, but I think I'll start with this one n.n

Archived