[LIOV] Otoshidamashii

EqYAZHoU8AId7eI.jpg

LIOV-JP031 落魂 Otoshidamashii
Level 1 EARTH Beast Tuner Effect Monster
ATK 1000
DEF 1000
You can only use the (2) effect of this card’s name once per turn.
(1) If you control a non-Tuner monster, your opponent cannot target this card for attacks.
(2) If a monster is sent from the field to the opponent’s GY: Place 1 Otoshidamashii Counter on this card. Then, Special Summon “Otoshidamashii Token(s)” (Beast/EARTH/Level 1/ATK ?/DEF ?) up to the number of Otoshidamashii Counters on this card. Increase the Level of those Token(s) by the number of Otoshidamashii Counters on this card, and their ATK and DEF is 500 x the same amount.

Note: This card’s name is a play on Otoshidama (New Year’s Present, usually play money for kids in Asian countries), the Kanji reads “Fallen Soul”. It’s an Otter because the Kanji can be read “Rakkon” (Essentially Otteron

Ok so this is actually pretty decent. Any removal as you proceed with your combo prompts if I understand correctly:
1 Level 1 Token 500/500 (Potential Level 2 Synchro)
2 Level 2 Tokens 1000/1000 (Potential Level 3 or 5 Synchro)
3 Level 3 Tokens 1500/1500 (Potential Level 4, 7, or 10 Synchro)
4 Level 4 Tokens 2000/2000 (Potential Level 5 or 9 Synchro)
. . . . OR you know, Link fodder.

I very much like the fact the Tokens get ATK/DEF/LV stat upgrades. Token Stampede is sounding pretty fun right now, and it seems having extra Otters stacks the stat upgrade that the Tokens get. The rest of the usual support also comes to mind: (Rescue Cat/Ferret, Obedience Schooled, Ayer's Rock Sunrise, Naturia Beast, Melffy cards, possibly Tri-Brigade cards).

Is this the new best Level 1 Beast Tuner in the game? Because to me it kind of looks that way.

1 hour ago, Sleepy said:

Ok so this is actually pretty decent. Any removal as you proceed with your combo prompts if I understand correctly:
1 Level 1 Token 500/500 (Potential Level 2 Synchro)
2 Level 2 Tokens 1000/1000 (Potential Level 3 or 5 Synchro)
3 Level 3 Tokens 1500/1500 (Potential Level 4, 7, or 10 Synchro)
4 Level 4 Tokens 2000/2000 (Potential Level 5 or 9 Synchro)
. . . . OR you know, Link fodder.

I very much like the fact the Tokens get ATK/DEF/LV stat upgrades. Token Stampede is sounding pretty fun right now, and it seems having extra Otters stacks the stat upgrade that the Tokens get. The rest of the usual support also comes to mind: (Rescue Cat/Ferret, Obedience Schooled, Ayer's Rock Sunrise, Naturia Beast, Melffy cards, possibly Tri-Brigade cards).

Is this the new best Level 1 Beast Tuner in the game? Because to me it kind of looks that way.

Of lesser importance, but won't anybody mention the fact that this immensely cute critter has Level 1 and whooping 1000 ATK? Nothing is even close to that, the closest if Fluffal Cat with 700. Ok ok, I know that's meaningless since it's bound to be used as material almost immediately, but c'mon, don't you want to kill your opponent with this? Happy New Year, bastard! Anyway, I'm intrigued by the reflection in the water. I'd love to get this card, if only for the artwork, but also looks promising (Deerglebell support)

56 minutes ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

Of lesser importance, but won't anybody mention the fact that this immensely cute critter has Level 1 and whooping 1000 ATK?

Yeah, I'll admit, that was the first thing I noticed before fully reading the effect.  Level 1 1000/1000 stats with no negative effect/nomi condition.  That's a pretty significant jump in power for no real reason.

2 minutes ago, Mr Melon said:

Yeah, I'll admit, that was the first thing I noticed before fully reading the effect.  Level 1 1000/1000 stats with no negative effect/nomi condition.  That's a pretty significant jump in power for no real reason.

I guess they just want it to be felt special considering it's a commemorative card of sorts. I don't like very much when such radical jumps are made, but I can forgive this adorable critter xD 

1000 ATK indeed stands out on a Level 1 monster. Effect is okay-ish too, albeit situational. And wouldn't the first Synchro option be Level 3 because the token would gain a Level right away? That means quick access to Clausolas and Tatsunoko.

Archived