Replying in the Gaming Forum

Ultradragon16

Question

4 answers to this question

It looks like the subforum has its own necro/archiving system, so as long as you are able to reply to the thread, I'm pretty sure it should be fair game to reply to it.  Otherwise, you'll need to make a new thread for the game.

Still: It might be best to see if a mod thinks differently and how hard they care about the necrobump rules.  @YCMaker @Enguin @The Nyx Avatar

I think this depends on a few things. First off, how old it is. If it's a year or less, I guess it's not too old. But if it's over 5 years old since the last reply, then it's best you just make a new thread altogether.

This also depends on what you'll add to the thread. If you're just gonna necrobump a thread just for memes or something else silly, then it's not worth necrobumping. 

This also depends if you're Talking about the Games or the Video Games one. If it's Games, I think there'd be more leniency for those, since they're just for fun, rather than genuine discussions. But Video Games? No. Only post in an old thread for that section if you have something that actually adds to the discussion.

12 hours ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

But Video Games? No. Only post in an old thread for that section if you have something that actually adds to the discussion.

Got it, does the if it's been only a year or less still apply to that then?

Edit: Also would there be a place to just casually discuss video games?

21 hours ago, Ultradragon16 said:

Got it, does the if it's been only a year or less still apply to that then?

Yes. If you have something fruitful to add to the discussion, I'd understand why you'd post. But if it's very short or just memes, there's no point.

21 hours ago, Ultradragon16 said:

Edit: Also would there be a place to just casually discuss video games?

Well that would be the section Video Games. Just find a thread, or make a new one. It could be of a certain video game, a video game franchise, or a broader topic like video games you hate, or your top 10 of the decade or something like that.

Archived