[DAMA] More Abyss Lore Cards

https://ygorganization.com/albazisatheaterkid/

image.png.d434c5dda69c8b20abdf3f533fc6b768.png

DAMA-JP008 黒衣竜アルビオン Kurogo Ryuu Albion (Blackclad Dragon Albion)
Level 8/DARK/Dragon/Effect
You can only use the (2) effect of this card’s name per turn.
(1) This card’s name is treated as “Fallen of Albaz” while on the field or in the GY.
(2) If this card is in the hand or GY: You can send 1 “Fallen of Albaz” OR 1 “Stigmatika” Spell/Trap from your hand or Deck to the GY, then apply the following effect depending on where that card was send from.
• Hand: Special Summon this card.
• Deck: Place this card on the bottom of the Deck, if this card was placed from the hand, you draw 1 card.
2500/2000

image.png.dd63928cfa0d681714d6c057e490ebdf.png

DAMA-JP055 烙印の絆 Rakuin no Kizuna (Bond of Stigmatika)
Spell
You can only use each effect of this card’s name per turn.
(1) Special Summon 1 “Fallen of Albaz” from your hand, GY or among your banished cards.
(2) You can activate during the End Phase of a turn in which this card was sent to the GY to activate the effect of “Fallen of Albaz”; Set this card to your side of the field.

image.png.414c2f93883e9285daba14f879aee98a.png

DAMA-JP071 スプリンガンズ・インタールーダー Springguns Interluder (Springans Interluder)
Trap/Continuous
You can use each effect of this card’s name once per turn.
(1) You can activate when your opponent activates a card effect; Return 1 “Springans” monster you control to its owner’s Deck. Then, apply 1 of the following effects.
• Negate that activated effect.
• Special Summon 1 Level 8 monster from your GY.
(2) If a face-up Xyz Monster you control leaves the field due to an effect: You make all monsters your opponent controls lose 1000 ATK until the end of the turn.

The first 2 are definitely a good step towards Fallen of Albaz/Stigmata being viable.

Blackclad Dragon Albion is definitely cool, given that the discard targets can float and it will end up being a +/- 0 at worst (also it can be used as the second material as well for every Fallen of Albaz Fusion, except for Albion, The Stigmata Dragon).

The second card is definitely nice as well, being able to revive Fallen of Albaz to discard a Stigmata Spell/Trap and then Super-Poly an opponent's monster away (as well as the floating effect). Also this artwork looks very touching and makes me wonder in which way we can expect a new version of Dogmatika Ecclesia, the Virtuous.

I wonder how the Stigmatika floating effect interaction works with the Dragon.  Do they only work if they are sent while the Dragon is in the GY (because it's treated as Albaz)?  Or will they trigger if the Dragon was Special Summoned from the hand?  I feel like only the former would work.  The free recycling effect is very interesting though.

As for other things: "Stigmatika of White" had been a card that felt extremely lacking because it required a Dragon to use.  This new Dragon Albaz actually makes it slightly worth using, if only as a 1-of.  Will need to test to see if it's even worthwhile.

The new Stigmatika spell helps recover the banished pieces from "White", and is probably the 2nd or 3rd best Stigmatika card overall after the Despia quick-play.

The Springans trap is appreciated as well.  It's nice to be able to use some of your extra/unneeded resources to go to a free negate or a free pop (if you summon the Springans Captain).

Just like I did with World Legacy, I'm looking forward to actually building an "Albazlore.dek" when the story is over.  I am starting to see how it will work, but it's gonna need some more tools that help bring the disparate pieces together.  Right now, Tri-Brigade is the odd duck out.

Archived