[AC01] Ice Mirror

https://ygorganization.com/scrapingforicesupportinalltherightplaces/

image.png.0f7e6dc44b0e436e6802eb130667a58c.png

AC01-JP024 アイス・ミラー Ice Mirror
Spell
(1) Target 1 Level 3 or lower WATER monster you control; Special Summon 1 monster with the same name from your Deck. While you control that face-up monster Special Summoned by this effect, you cannot Special Summon from the Extra Deck.

I am guessing this card is meant to enable the Ice Barrier lock-down effects. Like how Defender of the Ice Barrier (that Level 3 yellow fox Tuner) says monsters can't attack if their ATK surpasses Defender's DEF. Or Secret Guards which prevents monster effects from targeting them. Stuff like that.

Or Tribute Summon, that's valid too.

You can also use Pior of the Ice Barrier, that immediately Tributes itself to revive a bigger monster, and promptly releases you of the drawback, potentially without needing to use his self-Summon effect that locks you out of high Level Special Summons for the turn.

The card is interesting.

The thing I like about this card is that it only got that one restriction, all you gotta do is get rid of the monster, doesn't negate its effects, prevents attacks or anything else, so you just have one focus. What I thought of when I saw this were Decks like Graydle and Crystron that can easily get rid of their monsters, and of course anything that likes to Tribute Summon, though not a lot WATER Decks I can think of that Tribute Summon, Ice Barrier have few higher Level monsters. Definitely an interesting card that I'm gonna consider for a few Decks.

3 hours ago, Thomas★Zero said:

Part of me is wondering how you would make this useful since it locks you out of Extra Deck summons while getting a monster from the Deck.

Yeah, this is why I'd have preferred the anime effect which prevents the summoned monster from attacking.

Archived