Nyx's Card Contest

The Nyx Avatar

My entry:

r6H2tre.png
Careless Soul Whisperer
LIGHT/Zombie/Tuner/Effect/Level 4
1500/2000
1+ Tuner + 1+ non-Tuner monsters
(Quick Effect): You can target 1 monster in the GYs; banish it, and if you do, Special Summon 1 "Recalled Soul Token" (Zombie/DARK/Level ?/ATK ?/DEF 0), then, if that monster has an effect(s) that activates, this card gains 1 of those effects (your choice, if more than 1), but it can only use it once while it is face-up on the field. The Level and ATK of this Token is equal to the original Level/Rank/Rating and ATK of the banished monster. While you control a "Recalled Soul Token", this card gains 500 ATK/DEF, also your opponent cannot target it with effects or for attacks. You can only use each effect of "Careless Soul Whisperer" once per turn.

Decided to go for an experimental effect-copying effect that makes a nod to the monster in soul form using its powers one more time. However, Tokens can't exactly have effects and instead have effects applied to them so ruling-wise it's more practical to give it to the Synchro monster.
Also note the extra flexibility with the material requirements, as it lets you use multiple Tuners too, as long as you include at least 1 non-Tuner.

tnxfTey.jpg

Tonantzintla, which Worldhearkened
LIGHT/Level 3/Fiend/Tuner/Effect
1800/600

When your opponent activate the effect of his/her card during your turn (Quick Effect): You can reveal this card from your hand; that activated effects becomes "make your opponent special summon 1 "Tonantzintla, which Worldhearkened" revealed in his/her hand". During your Main Phase: You can take 1 card that has "banish" on its text from your Deck, and either send it to GY or add it to your hand. and then gain 500 LP for each "banish" listed on its name or text. also for the rest of the Duel, whenever card(s) with the same name as the card you add or sent would be sent to GY, its banished instead. You can only use each effect of "Tonantzintla, which Worldhearkened" once per turn.

unlike on previous contests i decide to go simple for the entry and introduce you to *eldritch horror mind interference*....wait im pretty sure i know the name, its name is *eldritch horror mind interference*....

-about 50 times nigh-futile effort later...-

TONANTZINTLA, WHICH WORLDHEARKENED! GRRAALLALALABABABABBALABALA....WOAH!?    ...okay, note to self to never try pronouncing that again. where was i...oh yes, this...thing is universal searcher for banish deck! its so universal it literally search anything in the game as long you dont mind that the piece you search get banished for the reminder of the duel. which also meant to discourage you to search those self-banish penalty extender of non-banish deck have. its still got option to sent monster to GY for chaos play though! it also has a bit reactive but useful extender effect of its own that pseudo-negate those cheeky hand traps your opponent might use against your much slower game plan

from the lore side of things, this is based on the most massive black-hole humanity discovered so far which is TON-618. forgo the zero's of the stat and you get 618. but the most interesting part is that it discovered via telescope at the Tonantzintla Observatory in Mexico thus shortened as TON and Tonantzintla itself is derived from Tonantzi which a syncretism a.k.a fusion between a very important Aztec goddess of Corn of the same name and Virgin Mary brought by Christian devotee of the Spanish Colonials.

"LIGHT Fiend with a banishing effect" (One) Written LIGHT Fiend

LIGHT Fiend Tuner

If this card is Synchro Summoned, you gain the following effects based on the Synchro Summoned monster's Type, Attribute or Level.

-LIGHT. You can excavate cards from the top of your opponent's deck equal to the Level of your monster, and for each DARK monster excavated this card gains 1 Darkness inquisitor Counter.

While this card remains face-up on the field, if it would be destroyed by battlle, you can remove 1 Darkness Inquisitor Counter instead.

-Fiend. You can remove from play cards from either player's GYs equa to the Level of your Synchro monster, and if you do, you gain 100 LP for each card removed this way. 

While this card remains face-up on the field, when it destroys a monster by battle that you own and sends it to the GY, you can have this card gain ATK equal to the LP you gained by this card's effect, until the end of your next turn.

-Level 12. This card is unaffected by your opponent's card effects and whenever it would be destroyed by an opponent's Trap effect, you win the duel. 

You can only use each effect of this card once per match unless you have reduced the ATK of a LIGHT Fiend monster to 0 before using this card's effects.

5100 / 4000

- - - - -

NOTES:

JK xD
Here's my entry 

PXs3uno.jpg

Priestess of Ancient Horrors
LIGHT Level 3 [ Fiend / Tuner / Effect ]  ATK/ 1300  DEF/ 0
You can target banished Fiend monsters as if they were in your GY. Once per turn, if you would target a banished Fiend monster with an effect, you can choose 2 banished Fiend targets instead. (Quick Effect): You can flip 6 banished cards face-down, including a LIGHT and a Fiend monster, and if you do, Special Summon this card from your hand or GY. You can only use this effect of "Priestess of Ancient Horrors" once per turn.

- - - - -

The idea is that her gown is a portal to pretty scary entities. 
In her effect, for example, you can activate Monster Reborn to target Summoned Skull AND Tour Guide from the Underworld (both banished).
In her last clause, the traits of LIGHT and Fiend can come from a single card (like a Fabled for example) but they don't need to, so long as both things exist among the 6 cards you flip down, she's live.

Finally, sorry about using spoilers here. That's got to be the most glitchy function the forum has nowadays.....

Hello, I'd like to introduce myself to this website.

My name is Rayfield Lumina, and my real name is not Rayfield Lumina

I run Yu-Gi-Oh! underground Illegal Tournaments where the main prize is Human Blood

May I join?

685508516_SchnheitBearerofHolyShadowsF.thumb.png.f5c11f0bb48a850560cad594660ee758.png

Schönheit, Bearer of Holy Shadows

LIGHT                                                   Level 6

Spellcaster / Synchro / Tuner / Effect

1 Tuner + 1+ non-Tuner monsters
(This card is also always treated as DARK-Attribute and Fiend-Type.)
If this card is Synchro Summoned: You can excavate cards from the top of your Deck, up to the number of LIGHT and/or DARK monsters you control, and if you do, you can banish cards your opponent controls up to the number of LIGHT and/or DARK monsters you excavated +1, also shuffle the excavated cards into the Deck. Once per turn: You can target 1 Level 5 or lower LIGHT or DARK monster in your GY; banish it, and if you do, increase or decrease this card's Level by the Level of that target until the end of this turn.

ATK 2500 / DEF 1500

Alrighty sooo, first, the effect. Following the structure of cards such as "Raider's Wing", I opted write the first effect in a separate line and in parenthesis. My reasoning was, every single card in existence that is treated as more than 1 Attribute has that effect only applied while face-up on the field. The cards with this structure has an "always", so you could say it's a mixture of the both. There's also no monsters in existence which are treated as more than 1 type (except in anime/manga and stuff), so following the rule of only using -Attribute when talking about multiple Attributed, like in Invoked Elysium's case, I decided to follow that rule and extend it to -Types.

Having clarified that part of the text: This card is a nuker which is balanced by the dependance it has on your current field and the luck it requires during the excavating process. The good thing is, no matter what, this card will blast away 1 card, and is worded specifically to bypass target protection, in a similar (but not identical) was of cards such as Madolche Queen Tiaramisu. So, destruction and target protection, hold my beer xD. In addition, once she has done her job, she can adjust her effect as she's a Tuner ready to sacrifice herself for her faith (Summoning something else, may it be another Synchro or even a Xyz). feeding the banished "zone" for other plays in the process. And even if you opted to not do such a thing, she's a pretty decent beater, probably because of her blushed cheeks!

Okay, everyone! The part that you've either been looking forward to or dreading.

It's time to settle

THE SCORE

ITSUKOSOADO:

Practicality:

Banishing multiple copies, and from other places is indeed handy. And it has a self-Summon effect. That ATK boost is nice. However, it's hampered by a few things. First off, having to wait for your opponent's Standby Phase. And there's the cost(s) as well that may be off-putting. Overall, a 3 out of a possible 5. It has its strength, but I get the feeling it'd be delegated as a sidedeck option. Or for rogue Decks.

Balance:

It's a pretty fair card. A little too fair. It's strong in what it does, but a bit too slow and costly to accomplish. 2 out of a possible 3.

OCG:

I can read it and understand what it tries to do, but you have a few errors. Some of these letters should be capitalized, such as the s in Special Summoned, Set, Standby Phase, t in Tribute. I also don't recall modify being a term used in regards to ATK. And she's missing her Attributte. So it's a 0.5 out of a possible 1.

Art:

No art here, so a 0 out of a possible 1.

Total: 5.5/10

Erika Mishima:

Practicality:

Well, it's a Level 7 Normal WATER monster, so it has Normal support going for it. Most notable being Summoner's Art, so you can add it easily. And it's a target for Sacred Sword of Seven Stars. Well, so long as you don't put A Legendary Ocean on the field before it. So there's cards that can work around it. But...what's she do on her own? Mediocre ATK, but high DEF. It supports stuff that revolves around Umi, and has some removal. But, this Umi support wouldn't really push Umi-related cards/Decks too far. It's like The Sanctuary in the Sky and some of the support it got. Overall, a 4 out of a possible 5.

Balance:

I think it's very close. Maybe a slight alteration in its effect could push it over, or even just a swap in the ATK and DEF to give this card additional presence on the field. But as is, it's a 2.5 out of a possible 3.

OCG:

I'm not really seeing any spelling or wording errors on this card. It follows wording that is recognized on real life Yugioh cards, and spelt as well as possible. Full 1 out of 1 point for this criteria.

Art:

Art's generally very visible. And it doubles as a gif, for what it's worth. But...do I like the art, clarity aside? Um..not too much. Yes, it's a lady, but I'm not feeling it with the more aquatic aesthetic. So it's a 0.6 out of a possible 1.

Total: 8.1/10

Darj:

Practicality:

Easy to Synchro Summon. That banish could hurt Grave-dependent stuff like Orcust, Burning Abyss, and Shaddoll just to give a few examples. And you can benefit from it if it happens to be an effect monster. Token Summoning effect is handy as well. Not just for offense purposes, but for Link and perhaps even Fusion Summoning. And a stat boost, with some sort of protection? Superb. Also, subject to Zombie support, for what it's worth. Solid 5 out of 5 in my book.

Balance:

I don't think she's too weak no one would use her, and not too strong she teeters at the edge of the Shadow Realm banlist. You can benefit from her, but at the dependence of your opponent. And while she has a means to keep herself safe, the opponent can still take her out. What can I say? 3 out of 3.

OCG:

Not really any wording issues or misspellings. So you get the full 1 out of 1 for this one.

Art:

If I haven't made it evident before, art of Types that don't really resemble their Types bore me. Inzektors with their very human "Insect" monsters. And Shiranui, with every member of the archetype looking too human. I did say I like women/girl archetype members. But at first glance, having just a girl be a Zombie doesn't look to impressive. But...you get a better look at what's behind her. This better convinces me she's worthy of this Type. Also, image is clear enough. 0.8 out of 1

Total: 9.8/10

Dokutah Jolly:

Practicality:

Self-Summon effect, Tuner, AND a FANTASTIC target to add! Its only drawback is depending on your opponent. A pretty good 4.5 out of 5.

Balance:

While it may be a mighty effect, it is held back by depending on your opponent just for the Special Summon. And your opponent would know what you added, making them able to predict what you're doing. 3 out of 3 for me.

OCG:

I understand everything this card's trying to do. But you have a slight spelling error. "When your opponent activate the effect". Activate should be "activates". But not much else 0.9 out of 1

Art:

Image is clear enough. I'm not very enthusiastic when it comes to hyper-realistic art, but that's only because I hate the faces. But it works with non-human figures, animals, and beings. OH! AND I like the otherworldly and cool (for me) design. Cool eldritch art. So it's a 0.8 out of 1 for this one.

Total: 9.2/10

Sleepy:

Practicality:

Right off the bat, it's a LIGHT Fiend Tuner. I do like how you can better access banished cards with her. And a self-Summon effect. Second recovery effect is okay. Really okay. But it costs a bit too much just to Summon her. So it's a 3 out of 5 for this one.

Balance:

The banish recovery is nice. However, requiring 6 cards to bring her our may be too much. 2 out of 3 in this criteria.

OCG:

It's worded and spelled well enough. 1 out of 1.

Art:

GORGEOUS! A beautiful demon priestess with horrors spawning from under her shawl. And clear enough. Full 1 of 1.

Total: 7/10

Rayfield Lumina:

Practicality:

Easy enough to Synchro Summon. Dual Type and Attribute. Plenty of removal here! Level manipulation effect is okay. Just a thin layer of frosting. 5 out of 5 here.

Balance:

So I praised the removal. But it may be a bit too potent, especially with that +1, and lax conditions. 2 out of 3 for this one.

OCG:

Spelled and worded properly. 1 out of 1.

Art:

It's cute! And clear enough. 1 out of 1.

Total: 9/10

On 8/1/2021 at 11:15 PM, ITSUKOSOADO said:

Sinner of Lore

1600/0

level 5

Fiend/Effect

Cannot be Special Summoned except by Tributing 2 monsters you control. Unaffected by effects except effects that can change ATK. Once per turn, (Quick Effect) declare 1 name; your opponent reveals their hand and all set cards they control, banish all revealed cards with the declared name (face-up), if you do this card gains 800 ATK and DEF for each card banished by this effect. At the start of the end phase: this card loses 800 ATK or you can tribute a monster you control instead. If this card has 0 ATK: destroy it.

Flavor Text:

Gluttony, greed, lust, envy, wrath? Almost any sin will be committed for the sake of knowledge no matter the cost.

Revised. I thought this was almost too powerful, as in conjunction with other cards you can look at your opponents hand and field (sometimes you know what's there) and pick it apart. Not to mention this has decent protection with really only one way to really play around it; have nothing hidden. 

P.S. Is it ok to post in a tournament after it is over? Should I make this a new post? I wanted to update the card with your suggestions.

1 hour ago, ITSUKOSOADO said:

Revised. I thought this was almost too powerful, as in conjunction with other cards you can look at your opponents hand and field (sometimes you know what's there) and pick it apart. Not to mention this has decent protection with really only one way to really play around it; have nothing hidden. 

P.S. Is it ok to post in a tournament after it is over? Should I make this a new post? I wanted to update the card with your suggestions.

I think a new thread would be ideal for your card.

Also: Don't forget to give it an Attribute.

If fact, why do I still have this thread open?

Archived