Eerie Sandstorm Zone ( Written )

Sleepy

Eerie Sandstorm Zone
[Field Spell]

Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can Flip Summon 1 monster. If this card leaves the field by an effect: You can Special Summon from your hand, Deck, and/or GY in face-down Defense Position, exactly 1 of each of the monsters "Des Lacooda", "Swarm of Scarabs", "Swarm of Locusts", "Medusa Worm", "Stealth Wing".

- - - -

Pacman support. I was writing a different kind of support and then realized I was supporting subterrors better so I had to rework this a little xD
The Summon effect demands you to run all of those monsters in some capacity and that you have 5 empty zones for the Summon in order to work or else no dice.....

Like this, they are now a bit more chainable.

There's one thing, I'd like to change the nature of this concept so I could benefit from "Flawless Perfection of the Tenyl" AND this card.... so I'm thinking on how to go about it.....

Alright. Now, the obvious targets are listed in this card already. BUT...there's plenty more targets this could be used on. I love the Prediction Princess archetype. But...they're SLOW! This could give them a small hand. Speaking of archetypes, let's not forget Shaddoll. Sure, they don't need it. The FLIP effects are more or less icing compared to the rest of the stuff they do (unrelated, but icing's the only reason I'll bother eating cake). And then, a personal favorite archetype of mine. Ghostrick. They are SO dependent on Setting. There's next to nothing to Summon them. So this could help speed up the process. Maybe even mesh together those monsters you listed with Ghostrick and co.

Erm...also for what it's worth, it's a target for cards like Terraforming and Metaverse.

On 8/30/2021 at 7:30 PM, The Nyx Avatar said:

Alright. Now, the obvious targets are listed in this card already. BUT...there's plenty more targets this could be used on. I love the Prediction Princess archetype. But...they're SLOW! This could give them a small hand. Speaking of archetypes, let's not forget Shaddoll. Sure, they don't need it. The FLIP effects are more or less icing compared to the rest of the stuff they do (unrelated, but icing's the only reason I'll bother eating cake). And then, a personal favorite archetype of mine. Ghostrick. They are SO dependent on Setting. There's next to nothing to Summon them. So this could help speed up the process. Maybe even mesh together those monsters you listed with Ghostrick and co.

Erm...also for what it's worth, it's a target for cards like Terraforming and Metaverse.

True FLIP monsters have gotten bits of support over the years. Penguin stuff, Subterrors, a continous Trap that flips them up/down every turn, Shaddolls.... 
My intention for this is to specifically support the pseudo-flips. The ones that aren't officially FLIP monsters but have the "when Flip Summoned" clause and the "set face-down again" clause.... That means Prediction Princess is out of the intended targets although it can still indirectly get support... I'm not gonna omit the indirect way it can support them but for something that they could benefit more from I'd try to do a different card...

Ghostricks I so agree.... I end up personally using stuff like Marauding Captain to Special Summon them when the field gets cleared because otherwise they just can't bounce back and get stuck in "set pass".... I wish Ghostricks got support that helped them out. It's always been fun to annoy opponent's with them xD

As annoying as you know I am, I think you could use  "If this card leaves the field by a card effect". I could't find a single card that used the current exact wording, nor destroyed by an effect, except for Abyssal Kingshark. Better safe than sorry, I'd say xD.

About the card: One thing to note is that the birb is Stealth Bird, not Stealth Wing, gotta fix that xD. And talking about it, while its effect matches nicely with the rest of its peers, I'm kinda opposed to its presence (and no, I'm aware scavenger birds of the sort are present in deserts) I just think something like 8-Claws Scorpion fits better (and is a much worse choice of a mob, I know xP). If anything, it seems abusive to be able to Summon the birb, use this card's effect to inflict 1000 damage immediately, and do it again during your opponent's turn... imo, at least. I don't think you'd make that change, but at any rate pls do not replace anyone with Swarm of Crows or we'll have a problem lol... or Sauropod Brachion, pppfft. Oh, wait! There's Cobraman Sakuzy, intel time! Cobra Kai is trending right now, so extra points for that.

I agree with the above, one of those monsters listed is not like the others... yeah, Stealth Bird stands out to me, whereas the rest have a desert, "Pharaonic Guardian" set vibe. Would you consider any other monster from that set instead? to list a few, Golem Sentry, Wandering Mummy, Royal Keeper, Giant Axe Mummy, and Guardian Sphinx would be a potent one.

Archived