Blue-Eyes + Neos?? Ridiculous.. | E-HERO Blue-Eyes Neos [PAJ]

PrimeAceJohn

L0qo1LS.png?1

This card came from a submitted suggestion from my suggestion box. If you'd like to see certain cards/content on this page, drop it in the suggestion box. You can access the link to the suggestion box from this post. Please read rules/clarifications before submitting your suggestion. 

Elemental HERO Blue-Eyes Neos
LIGHT | [Level 9]
[Warrior / Fusion / Effect]
“Elemental HERO Neos” + “Blue-Eyes White Dragon” or 1 Level 8 Dragon Effect Monster
Must first be Fusion Summoned and can only be Special Summoned by its own effect. You can Special Summon this card (from your Extra Deck) by shuffling the above cards you control into the Deck. (You do not use "Polymerization".) Cannot be destroyed by card effects. Neither player can target this card with card effects. When this card is Fusion Summoned or Special Summoned by its own effect: Destroy all monsters on the field, then this card gains 300 ATK for each card destroyed, but battle damage you inflict this turn is halved. You can destroy 1 Spell/Trap on the field. You can use this effect a number of times per turn up to the number of Normal Monsters used as Fusion Material for this card.
ATK/ 3000   DEF/ 2500

Artwork is formed/designed by me
Edits are done by me
CREDITS/ELEMENTS GATHERED:

Konami, Google Images
Series 10 Template Creds: 9558able (on DeviantArt)

It's pretty stupid and doesn't make much sense. This was made more as a fun experiment. I got this suggestion through my suggestion box and I did some testing out of curiosity and I figured why not just finish it through, so this isn't meant to be taken too too seriously lol.

This looks like something Seto Kaiba would come up with just to give Jaden the middle finger. Why not something Jaden would use? Well, it requires a Dragon (something Jaden doesn't really have). Seto would know in advance why he'd want this card in his Extra Deck. Why would Jaden shove it in his? Just to play with Super Polymerization? That's it, honestly.

Anywho:

I appreciate it when Fusion Monsters can Summon via Contact Fusion. Especially ones that don't pertain to any archetype.

Anywho: Destruction effect is good. It's not easy getting both Fusion Materials on the field that easily. Given how very different they are. Neos and Blue-Eyes aren't hard to Summon in their own archetypes. But together they could be. Spell/Trap destruction effect is whatever. It's not amazing, but not bad either. It's the icing on the cake. I am concerned with the permanent ATK boost, though. Given the thick blanket of protection this guy has. But I suppose you could argue Red Eyes Dark Dragoon does that as well. However, it got banned in OCG, so...I dunno.

Cool card, though.

Just now, The Nyx Avatar said:

This looks like something Seto Kaiba would come up with just to give Jaden the middle finger. Why not something Jaden would use? Well, it requires a Dragon (something Jaden doesn't really have). Seto would know in advance why he'd want this card in his Extra Deck. Why would Jaden shove it in his? Just to play with Super Polymerization? That's it, honestly.

Anywho:

I appreciate it when Fusion Monsters can Summon via Contact Fusion. Especially ones that don't pertain to any archetype.

Anywho: Destruction effect is good. It's not easy getting both Fusion Materials on the field that easily. Given how very different they are. Neos and Blue-Eyes aren't hard to Summon in their own archetypes. But together they could be. Spell/Trap destruction effect is whatever. It's not amazing, but not bad either. It's the icing on the cake. I am concerned with the permanent ATK boost, though. Given the thick blanket of protection this guy has. But I suppose you could argue Red Eyes Dark Dragoon does that as well. However, it got banned in OCG, so...I dunno.

Cool card, though.

Yeah it's pretty much totally unrealistic. The only way I could tie this card in to make sense was when Jaden dueled Kaibaman and this could've been the result from a Super Poly in that duel lol.

But from a practicality standpoint, I agree with you. The fact that Neos and Blue-Eyes are both Level 7 Normal Monsters can go heavy into Ancient Rules/Silent Doom/other stuff. I'm also like 90% sure that this could work with Neos Fusion to bring out easily (like how Dragoon comes out with Red-Eyes Fusion). 

You brought up a great point about Dragoon. When I was making the effect for this card, I wanted to keep (relatively) around the same power as Dragoon. This card is more ATK heavy with more destruction abilities while Dragoon has the negation ability. You can probably tell by the materials and the effect that it was heavily inspired by Dragoon lol.

Thanks for the feedback, Nyx!

I spot a couple of conflicts with the text. First, last time I checked, Contact Fusions are treated as proper Fusion Summons so the first clause that distinguishes a Fusion Summon from a Special Summon is kind of redundant, or rather makes no sense. Then, a Contact Fusion is not exactly an effect, but IIRC more of a procedure or method or IDK, so the line "Special Summoned by its own effect" is not correct. Basically, the text can be changed to:

Must first be Special Summoned (from your Extra Deck) by shuffling the above cards you control into the Deck. (You do not use "Polymerization".) Cannot be destroyed by card effects. Neither player can target this card with card effects. If this card is Special Summoned from the Extra Deck: Destroy all monsters on the field, then this card gains 300 ATK for each card destroyed, but battle damage you inflict this turn is halved. You can destroy 1 Spell/Trap on the field. You can use this effect a number of times per turn up to the number of Normal Monsters used as Fusion Material for this card.

Now, if you want it to be able to be Summoned through a Fusion summoning effect, then the text should be more like:

Must first be Fusion Summoned, or Special Summoned (from your Extra Deck) by shuffling the above cards you control into the Deck. (You do not use "Polymerization".) Cannot be destroyed by card effects. Neither player can target this card with card effects. If this card is Special Summoned from the Extra Deck: Destroy all monsters on the field, then this card gains 300 ATK for each card destroyed, but battle damage you inflict this turn is halved. You can destroy 1 Spell/Trap on the field. You can use this effect a number of times per turn up to the number of Normal Monsters used as Fusion Material for this card.

Anyway, onto the effect. It feels like a BEWD take on Red-Eyes Dark Dragoon, and yet the card is not quite there. It is just as resistant to removal, but not nearly as oppressive. The monster nuke and ATK boost are nice and all, but halved battle damage reduces most OTKing potential, something that Dragoon can be capable of by popping & burning 2 monsters then going for an attack swing. It does offer something different in Spell/Trap removal, something Dragoon cannot do unless it's negating a Spell/Trap, but with the build-in protections this card has chances are it doesn't care of most backrow the opponent may have, and would be mostly to clear the path to other monsters... which you won't want around if they will be nuked anyway on the turn you Summon this. To be fair, I almost missed Neos Fusion, which makes this card more accessible than Dragoons since this has a Contact Fusion method on top of it. Overall, it's fine, and you could build a deck around it for a solid reward, but as long as Dragoon is around, it will remain overshadowed by it.

• 1 month later...

Archived