Time contest

Loleo

time wizard is a monster that can change lave into moths, age dragons, and disintegrate your foes. I have made Time Sorcerers whose power grows through the passage of time. Now my fellow card makers, show me the power of time.

Grading /40

My Personal Preference /10

Matches Theme (just do something related to time) /7

Balance /7

PSCT /5

Originality /5

Art (optional your own art is awarded extra) /3

Allusion to me [or other cool references] (optional) /3

due 9/25/2021

eYWJ0HQ.jpg

"Red-Eyes Black Dragon" + monster that has "Time Wizard" or "Red-Eyes Retro" listed in its text or name

Must be either Fusion summoned using the above material or Special Summoned by the effect of "Red-Eyes Retro Dragon" or "Time Machine". If this card is Special Summoned: return a number of cards your opponent control to its owners hand up to number of times you resolved the effects of "Time Machine" and "Time Wizard" card this Duel +1. You can only use this effect of "Red-Eyes Temporal Dragon" once per turn. Once per turn, when a card or effect is activated (Quick Effect): You can reveal a "Red-Eyes" monster in your hand, and keep it revealed until the end of your next turn; the effect becomes "you can have a "Red-Eyes Temporal Dragon" or "Red-Eyes Black Dragon" your opponent control or revealed in his/her hand (your opponent choice) gain this card effects until the end of its owner next turn"

red-eyes our boi of potential. he had, fusion line, xyz line, equip line, and now...he have time...line

*ba dumm t'ssss*

*dampened voice self-reflection from the most distant and shameful corner of the house* ugh dogdamn that's a horrible joke

okay. its red-eyes that somehow have to compete in contest about time. and its actually fun premise since joey of all people has quite a lot of time related effects! not a good ones but its still a great start. so it has 2 effects to emulate time the first is the bounce on summon that gets better the more you try to play my manly man time based card and then its "negation" effect or should i say the my fav kind of "negation" that emulate time loops by having Temporal Dragon pretty much become its own version of Majestic Star Dragon that not only gain effects for itself but also for other copies of the OG Normal Boi you run. these 2 really powerful effect is balance by the fact you still need to run original and it cannot be summon other than properly fusioneed or by effect by another time-based red-eyes we already have irl being Retro Dragon!

what's that? why its fusion material list "Red-Eyes Retro" minus the dragon? ohhohohohohoho thanks to this unique idea im actually inspire to make Time based Red-Eyes archetypal support soon after contest end, stay tune for that!

• 2 weeks later...

1232074207_MotherTime-PerenniaEfmera(1).thumb.png.7d22f16de422e09fb347bc7eba83faa0.png

Mother Time - Perpetua Efímera

Level 7                                              LIGHT

Spellcaster / Synchro / Effect

1 "Time Sorcerer" Tuner + 1+non-Tuner monsters
(This card is also always treated as a "Time Sorcerer"  monster).
If this card is Synchro Summoned: You can adjust the turn counter up to +3, then, if the turn counter is higher than the number of cards your opponent controls, shuffle up to 2 cards your opponent controls into the Deck. Once per turn: You can apply 1 of the following effects, based on the current turn counter.
🔵 Even: Target 1 card your opponent controls; the target, and cards with the same name as the target in your opponent's possession are banished a number of turns equal to the current turn counter.
🔵 Odd: Target 1 "Time Sorcerer" monster in your GY; Special Summon it, also, it gains ATK equal to the current time counter x200.

ATK 2500 / DEF 2000

Welp, there you go, Itsu n.n. Evidently, this is 100% related to your Time Sorcerers and is supposed to work with them. Despite that, if we were to change the required Tuner for something generic we'd have precisely that, a cute generic tool to use, fun and dangerous if used correctly.

IDK... I was thinking something, Itsu. I apologize in advance if saying this is out of place, here in your contest you rule, but considering that only @Dokutah Jolly and me participated, perhaps you could declare a tie and we're all happy? I hope more people participate in the final days, and if that's the case nvm this, but perhaps we could make this a fun experience for the three of us and done? I liked Jolly's creation as well, so IDK lol.

@Dokutah Jolly

Red-Eyes Temporal Dragon

Grading 37.8/40

My Personal Preference 8/10 Red eyes needs the support you did everything expertly.

Matches Theme (just do something related to time) 7/7

Balance 7/7 Actually seems to self balance well considering the current power of Red eyes and leaves room to grow.

PSCT 5/5

Originality 5/5 Effect steal negation is amazing. It fits well with lore like it delays the effect onto a red eyes.

Art (optional your own art is awarded extra) 2.8/3 I was going to originally make 2.5 the highest amount for art that isn't yours (if it is tell me but this blows my mind) 

Allusion to me [or other cool references] (optional) 1/3 Solid reference to Joey and I love the time line joke.

@Rayfield Lumina I considered calling it a tie but I wanted to be at least express my opinions.

Grading 36/40

My Personal Preference 8/10 I don't think this destroys balance, but shuffle 2 band banish 1-3 or revive with boost sems high. I know they need something to push for game... I don't know why I feel so torn? 

Matches Theme (just do something related to time) 7/7

Balance 6/7 I might be wrong but this seems really powerful for the ease of summon. A little too powerful. Especially since the powerful effect, 2500 ATK seems high?

PSCT 4/5 "You can adjust the turn counter up to +3" Is this saying you can increase the turn counter by 1 ,2 or 3, increase 3, or sets it to 3 because I can't tell. I would love some clarification. Also "Even... the target, and cards with the same name as the target in your opponent's possession are banished a number of turns equal to the current turn counter." I get this banishes all cards that share a name from hand, deck, GY, field and ED, but where do they return to? I get it's the original locations... um maybe I'm just making this confusing for no reason but can you PM me about this?

Originality 5/5 I kind of wanted to do a delay like time hammer... the revival actually interest me more!

Art (optional your own art is awarded extra) 3/3 YAY your art! It's amazing!

Allusion to me [or other cool references] (optional) 3/3 You remembered the premise of my Time sorcerers!

The winner is going to be delayed because I want a couple of days to talk to those that participated because the issues I took with the cards feel like a misunderstanding on my level rather then the quality of the cards.

Archived