Christmas wonder

Loleo

Quickplay Spell

Target a monster with an original ATK and/or DEF of ?/?: Make the original ATK/DEF of the targeted monster double its current ATK, then the targeted monster is unaffected by card effects, and until the end of your next turn or until the targeted monster leaves the field, it is the only monster you can attack with and all battle damage your opponent takes is halved.

@Rayfield Lumina Here is another!

@Magmacore SoldierThis was influenced by your Montage dragon support.

If I get this right, the "unaffected by" bit doesn't share the expiration date than the attack redirection lock, sooooo this to me screams giving some justice to Slifer and Ra xD
It'd still be a pretty cool card in Fortune Ladies. I like this.

I think I'd have to reach a bit to get the flavor behind the name though, can you talk about that? because right now I'm picturing muscle mass increasing like when Dragon Ball characters increase their ki, repelling effects because of how solid they are and taunging everything into only attacking your card.... At most I could picture that scene with some gingle bells sounds in the background xD

4 minutes ago, Sleepy said:

If I get this right, the "unaffected by" bit doesn't share the expiration date than the attack redirection lock, sooooo this to me screams giving some justice to Slifer and Ra xD
It'd still be a pretty cool card in Fortune Ladies. I like this.

I think I'd have to reach a bit to get the flavor behind the name though, can you talk about that? because right now I'm picturing muscle mass increasing like when Dragon Ball characters increase their ki, repelling effects because of how solid they are and taunging everything into only attacking your card.... At most I could picture that scene with some gingle bells sounds in the background xD

My Vision was ?/? monsters are clouded in mystery they have a potential but they are fragile. (Gren Maju scares me). Christmas cheer and the power of friendship has empowered them to come forth and lead the way to victory (Might make a you're required to control at least 1-2 other monsters to activate and resolve the effect? Might require all 2-3 to be different types?). Like a Rudolph story.

Should I expire the protection? 

29 minutes ago, Loleo said:

My Vision was ?/? monsters are clouded in mystery they have a potential but they are fragile. (Gren Maju scares me). Christmas cheer and the power of friendship has empowered them to come forth and lead the way to victory (Might make a you're required to control at least 1-2 other monsters to activate and resolve the effect? Might require all 2-3 to be different types?). Like a Rudolph story.

Should I expire the protection? 

I don't think it needs any changes. ?/? monsters are super scarse and could definitely use the boof and protection. Just having to have one of those is already condition enough to me.
It also needs both ATK and DEF to be ?, so the easiest combo I can think of doesn't work as the card "Endless Decay" is ?/0, which is great for Recurring Nightmare but not great for your card. It'd make it so that a Pyramid Turtle and your card would give you a monster whose ATK and DEF equal your opponent's LP and is immune to everything. It'd be at 1/2 damage which would only mean it does the job in 2 hits instead of 1..... if it worked xD

but yeah, nice card, I think it is good as is

Welp, I like this creation, I don't see any problems with it. It's cool how it doesn't even need a HOPT, since the card makes the monster immune to everything, including copies of this. It's really not my forte to know of tons and tons of cards (welp, I don't have any forte tbh xd), but probably ?/? cards are very rare, I don't remember many

*checks the other comments*

Oh right, if Sleepy says they're scarce, trust her, she's a scary otaku girl a very knowledgeable person when it comes to card knowledge, recent or old. Ummm... but wait...

20 hours ago, Sleepy said:

It also needs both ATK and DEF to be ?

No no, I don't think both needs to be ? Look at the wording:

Target a monster with an original ATK and/or DEF of ?/?

and/or, so yeah, only 1 required. But I think Loleo needs to correct this wording so it says:

Target a monster with an original ATK and/or DEF of ?

Because the ?/? is not required and confusing even, if it says both or either, only one ? should suffice.

On another note, checking through EdoPro, 82 results, 3 banned (zoodiac Drident/Broadbull and Number S0: Utopic Zexal) and 3 OCG exclusive. Dang, I hate how Apollousa mentions that her original ATK is the materials, a pity. Perhaps you could make a funny combo with the Ojama Trio and Orichalcos Shunoros. Ojama Trio is an automatic 3000 ATK for Orichalcos, and if the opponent controlled more stuff, 4000 or 5000 easily, then 10000 with this card. You could very well OTK an opponent with that if that other monster is weak and in attack position, or simpler even, equip Orichalcos with Big Bang Shot, game set.

You know, I'm sure there are plenty of monsters this could apply to. Gren Maju da Eiza, The Winged Dragon of Ra, Slifer the Sky Dragon, and The Calculator just to name a few. But all I can think about...is Fortune Lady. I think this would be a cute toy for them to play with. In Duel Links, one card that works nicely with them is Concentrating Current, given how their ATK and DEF are the same.

Was that card where you drew inspiration from? Because it has that similar restriction, where it's the only one that can attack.

think Fortune Ladies would prefer this card, because that blanket of protection is more appreciated than the extra damage. Sure, they could still be Tributed by Kaijus and Santa Claws for example, but you can't cover every base.

On 12/8/2021 at 6:37 PM, Rayfield Lumina said:

Welp, I like this creation, I don't see any problems with it. It's cool how it doesn't even need a HOPT, since the card makes the monster immune to everything, including copies of this. It's really not my forte to know of tons and tons of cards (welp, I don't have any forte tbh xd), but probably ?/? cards are very rare, I don't remember many

*checks the other comments*

Oh right, if Sleepy says they're scarce, trust her, she's a scary otaku girl a very knowledgeable person when it comes to card knowledge, recent or old. Ummm... but wait...

No no, I don't think both needs to be ? Look at the wording:

Target a monster with an original ATK and/or DEF of ?/?

and/or, so yeah, only 1 required. But I think Loleo needs to correct this wording so it says:

Target a monster with an original ATK and/or DEF of ?

Because the ?/? is not required and confusing even, if it says both or either, only one ? should suffice.

On another note, checking through EdoPro, 82 results, 3 banned (zoodiac Drident/Broadbull and Number S0: Utopic Zexal) and 3 OCG exclusive. Dang, I hate how Apollousa mentions that her original ATK is the materials, a pity. Perhaps you could make a funny combo with the Ojama Trio and Orichalcos Shunoros. Ojama Trio is an automatic 3000 ATK for Orichalcos, and if the opponent controlled more stuff, 4000 or 5000 easily, then 10000 with this card. You could very well OTK an opponent with that if that other monster is weak and in attack position, or simpler even, equip Orichalcos with Big Bang Shot, game set.

Hmm I think when I wrote it I was open to either... I'll think about it.

On 12/8/2021 at 7:16 PM, The Nyx Avatar said:

You know, I'm sure there are plenty of monsters this could apply to. Gren Maju da Eiza, The Winged Dragon of Ra, Slifer the Sky Dragon, and The Calculator just to name a few. But all I can think about...is Fortune Lady. I think this would be a cute toy for them to play with. In Duel Links, one card that works nicely with them is Concentrating Current, given how their ATK and DEF are the same.

Was that card where you drew inspiration from? Because it has that similar restriction, where it's the only one that can attack.

Nope never heard of it :P

think Fortune Ladies would prefer this card, because that blanket of protection is more appreciated than the extra damage. Sure, they could still be Tributed by Kaijus and Santa Claws for example, but you can't cover every base.

Archived