About the Card Maker

Sleepy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/8/2022 at 1:33 AM, prfctcellrulz said:

I was randomly curious if there is a possibility for an option to make any cards into Rush Duel cards added to the Maker in the future?

That'd be cool but it'd require pretty much a different card maker, as it'd have to create templates to all mechanics available in Rush Duel format, on top of the fact Rush Duels don't have most mechanics. I don't recall Tokens, Rituals, Synchros, Xyzs, Pendulums, or Links being part of that game.... just Fusions, and Maximum cards that need their MAX ATK box on top.

So it is a bit unlikely that it happens I think.....

On 8/27/2022 at 7:52 AM, Dramatic Crossroad said:

I love the old one though, is there a way to switch the one to the main page, but still keep both?

There should be. My petition wasn't to really alter anything from the card makers themselves, just the redirect link when a user clicks on the site's logo.
Recently DL dropped by for the first time in years and made some cards, it seems he did not really went out to investigate the site's tabs and did not know about the Beta card maker until I showed him. 

The old card maker has nostalgia value and a lot of saved up old creations that warrant it still being there, but new and returning members would not find it intuitive to find out about the better card maker we now have... so that's what I was going for.

@YCMaker
I understand life happens, so this is a reminder of my petition since you seemed to agree but no changes are yet made. 

On 9/2/2022 at 11:50 AM, Sleepy said:

There should be. My petition wasn't to really alter anything from the card makers themselves, just the redirect link when a user clicks on the site's logo.
Recently DL dropped by for the first time in years and made some cards, it seems he did not really went out to investigate the site's tabs and did not know about the Beta card maker until I showed him. 

The old card maker has nostalgia value and a lot of saved up old creations that warrant it still being there, but new and returning members would not find it intuitive to find out about the better card maker we now have... so that's what I was going for.

@YCMaker
I understand life happens, so this is a reminder of my petition since you seemed to agree but no changes are yet made. 

Isn't the new cardmaker the default, am I doing something wrong

6 minutes ago, Ryusei the Morning Star said:

Not from my end. It always takes me to the old card maker when I enter the site or when I click on the logo. Though if it works differently from your end, that might point to some sort of bug somewhere =0

30 minutes ago, Ryusei the Morning Star said:

22 minutes ago, Sleepy said:

Not from my end. It always takes me to the old card maker when I enter the site or when I click on the logo. Though if it works differently from your end, that might point to some sort of bug somewhere =0

YCM already said they were working on redirecting, I never come here the default way I have my profile favorited so idk if it changed, but the "Beta" being the default was planned, it may or may not be done.

EDIT: It still links to the old one but YCM is aware

4 minutes ago, Loleo said:

I think some people still prefer it, it just shouldn't be the main one.

Its too outdated and looks outdated the colors text Symbols and etc dont apper or are faded also it has Less Text Campasatity its so outdated why don't we destroy it already but its just a card maker and the BETA is wayy better then the old one.

11 minutes ago, Zefra Zamazenta said:

Its too outdated and looks outdated the colors text Symbols and etc dont apper or are faded also it has Less Text Campasatity its so outdated why don't we destroy it already but its just a card maker and the BETA is wayy better then the old one.

Two reasons:
1 ) Its outdated look is still a look the game once had so I think it is fine to keep seeing use for the vintage aesthetic for anybody that would prefer that.
2 ) More relevant: There's like over a decade of cards saved up by existing accounts stored in the old card maker. You'd be advocating for something worse than a Thanos snap by deleting it all. We are talking about tens of thousands of cards.

12 minutes ago, Sleepy said:

Two reasons:
1 ) Its outdated look is still a look the game once had so I think it is fine to keep seeing use for the vintage aesthetic for anybody that would prefer that.
2 ) More relevant: There's like over a decade of cards saved up by existing accounts stored in the old card maker. You'd be advocating for something worse than a Thanos snap by deleting it all. We are talking about tens of thousands of cards.

How does number 2 applie? if you can no longer save cards in the old card maker cause when I try to save a card in 2020 and 2021 I wouldn't save.

Edit: Your right about the first part @Sleepy and the seceond part but it will no longer save I tried it in 2020 and 2021 but won't save cards that I create in their.

10 minutes ago, Zefra Zamazenta said:

How does number 2 applie? if you can no longer save cards in the old card maker cause when I try to save a card in 2020 and 2021 I wouldn't save.

Before your time, cards could be saved in that card maker. You can't save cards there anymore but any cards previously saved from when people COULD are still there.

Just now, Zefra Zamazenta said:

Idk why you couldn't save them in 2020 or 2021 Why did @YCMaker prevent them from being saved?

I believe glitches played a part for that in the old card maker for a few years (in fact it is one of the reasons most of the site's original staff one day quit and made the other site), but also since the Beta became a project, the idea is to redirect people over there, so for a while I suppose old saved cards in the original card maker weren't restored...... though a harsh and abrupt transition like that doesn't sound very appealing for those that saw their work erased just like that.... and a lot of people only have accounts to save their cards in the card maker, without ever interacting with the forums themselves.

The current plan I assume is to keep general trust that their saved content is still secure, while word and insentives encourage the use of the Beta.

4 minutes ago, Sleepy said:

I believe glitches played a part for that in the old card maker for a few years (in fact it is one of the reasons most of the site's original staff one day quit and made the other site), but also since the Beta became a project, the idea is to redirect people over there, so for a while I suppose old saved cards in the original card maker weren't restored...... though a harsh and abrupt transition like that doesn't sound very appealing for those that saw their work erased just like that.... and a lot of people only have accounts to save their cards in the card maker, without ever interacting with the forums themselves.

The current plan I assume is to keep general trust that their saved content is still secure, while word and insentives encourage the use of the Beta.

Your right I do wonder if ever the original staff will ever return? :'(

Archived