Be the Goat~

Sleepy

Design 1 card intended for Goat Format's era (both in terms of general power level as well as it be something you'd think would be nice to have there).
I will announce a winner but honestly I don't think I can afford to give out an actual prize, just try to have fun xD

I won't anounce a time limit for submissions unless/until I see enough traction for it = )
If there is none, well we'll see ;9

Feel free to ask any doubts you might have.

On 12/8/2022 at 4:09 PM, Loleo said:

d137c60bf14f.jpg

It's not my best work planning on updating probably

WATER support, automatic Rayfield Non-giraffe seal of approval. It'd be funny to combine this with Fields... A Legendary Ocean and Lemuria bouncing to play around with Levels. Wish it was Aqua or Sea Serpent. Why does the effect happens during the Draw Phase?

This is very much a one-entry contest. I think it is about time I close this down xD
By default Loleo's Wet Bandit won.

On 12/8/2022 at 2:09 PM, Loleo said:

d137c60bf14f.jpg

It's not my best work planning on updating probably

My notes are the following: 
Gains 200 ATK for each WATER monster with a different name in any GYs. Once per turn, during your Draw Phase: You can discard 1 WATER monster; return 1 Spell or Trap on each side of the field to the hand.

^
The words return, field and hand are not capitalized.
Draw Phase (any "Phase") goes capitalized.
Always remember to use numbers, it is never "a card" it is "1 card".

Activating during the Draw/Standby/End Phases does not necessarily mean the card has to be a "(Quick Effect)" to be possible. It is a common misconception, but if you go to the wiki page of cards like "Ebon Magician Curran" or "White Magician Pikeru" which activate during each of your Standby Phases, they are only listed as "Trigger" in the effect types. If you want a more modernly written sample, you can also get the wiki page for "Aqua Spirit" that functions during the opponent's Standby AND is also an optional effect like your card. So long as its timing is well defined for when it will activate, it doesn't need to be "quick". It's a little weird but yeah xD
It also for some reason doesn't prevent them from chaining to stuff... I once saw a burn of 3 Currans and they chained to each other for some reason..... 
Of course it is not against the rules to make it a quick effect, just taking advantage of this opportunity to say it doesn't NEED to xD

- - -

As for the card itself seen under the lences of the format. I very much like a few things it has going for it:
First, different names in a format dominated by DARK and EARTH so heavily means this card is not gonna become unmanageable. You can get it very big in a Legendary Ocean focused deck but those are very well established as underdog casuals so this is good help for them. Other than that it'll probably benefit from Sinister Serpent, Tribe Infecting Virus, Mobius, Abyss Soldier, copies of itself, and Mother Grizzly, for a generic potential of up to 2600 ATK, capable of coming out of Mother Grizzly's effect just in time for the bounce effect.

Which the bounce effect has a solid enough timing restriction that this is not likely to be a huge problem, though I'm a bit on the fence about the potential it has to reset floodgates (Meggenger of Peace, Gravity Bind, Royal Decree, Royal Command, Light of Intervention, Skill Drain, Royal Oppression, Swords of Revealing Light, Swords of Concealing Light) and even mix well with Thousand Eyes Restrict's absortion.

Then again it does have to return from both sides so there's ways around it.

- - - 

Overall I very much like the concept for the card. I'd probably sketch up a visual of your card but tbh I am not sure what the flavor would be exactly based on the name xD
either way:
     CONGRATULATIONS~

On 12/19/2022 at 5:25 PM, Sleepy said:

This is very much a one-entry contest. I think it is about time I close this down xD
By default Loleo's Wet Bandit won.

My notes are the following: 
Gains 200 ATK for each WATER monster with a different name in any GYs. Once per turn, during your Draw Phase: You can discard 1 WATER monster; return 1 Spell or Trap on each side of the field to the hand.

^
The words return, field and hand are not capitalized.
Draw Phase (any "Phase") goes capitalized.
Always remember to use numbers, it is never "a card" it is "1 card".

Activating during the Draw/Standby/End Phases does not necessarily mean the card has to be a "(Quick Effect)" to be possible. It is a common misconception, but if you go to the wiki page of cards like "Ebon Magician Curran" or "White Magician Pikeru" which activate during each of your Standby Phases, they are only listed as "Trigger" in the effect types. If you want a more modernly written sample, you can also get the wiki page for "Aqua Spirit" that functions during the opponent's Standby AND is also an optional effect like your card. So long as its timing is well defined for when it will activate, it doesn't need to be "quick". It's a little weird but yeah xD
It also for some reason doesn't prevent them from chaining to stuff... I once saw a burn of 3 Currans and they chained to each other for some reason..... 
Of course it is not against the rules to make it a quick effect, just taking advantage of this opportunity to say it doesn't NEED to xD

- - -

As for the card itself seen under the lences of the format. I very much like a few things it has going for it:
First, different names in a format dominated by DARK and EARTH so heavily means this card is not gonna become unmanageable. You can get it very big in a Legendary Ocean focused deck but those are very well established as underdog casuals so this is good help for them. Other than that it'll probably benefit from Sinister Serpent, Tribe Infecting Virus, Mobius, Abyss Soldier, copies of itself, and Mother Grizzly, for a generic potential of up to 2600 ATK, capable of coming out of Mother Grizzly's effect just in time for the bounce effect.

Which the bounce effect has a solid enough timing restriction that this is not likely to be a huge problem, though I'm a bit on the fence about the potential it has to reset floodgates (Meggenger of Peace, Gravity Bind, Royal Decree, Royal Command, Light of Intervention, Skill Drain, Royal Oppression, Swords of Revealing Light, Swords of Concealing Light) and even mix well with Thousand Eyes Restrict's absortion.

Then again it does have to return from both sides so there's ways around it.

- - - 

Overall I very much like the concept for the card. I'd probably sketch up a visual of your card but tbh I am not sure what the flavor would be exactly based on the name xD
either way:
     CONGRATULATIONS~

So wait. It's over now?

36 minutes ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

So wait. It's over now?

I thought you knew. Ray and I were both chatting about it at the group and you seemed to be online o.O"
Did you want to participate? because I kind of closed it due to lack of interest, so if Ray and you want in, I can start a new one or delete my jusdgement up there before the winner comes online again xD

I was mentioning that the activity in this thread was people coming to see Wet Bandit, rather than posting entries of their own. I figured it was as good as it was gonna get. 

2 hours ago, Sleepy said:

I thought you knew. Ray and I were both chatting about it at the group and you seemed to be online o.O"
Did you want to participate? because I kind of closed it due to lack of interest, so if Ray and you want in, I can start a new one or delete my jusdgement up there before the winner comes online again xD

I was mentioning that the activity in this thread was people coming to see Wet Bandit, rather than posting entries of their own. I figured it was as good as it was gonna get. 

I want to participate n.n   If you give green flag I'll post a card.

42 minutes ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

I don't think it might be worth it. Loleo was already online and did not seem to have naything to say (although I suppose he already saw it) and Nyx also did not exactly reply back, making you the only participant left with some sort of interest.
I'm not saying it from a place of sadness, but I mean.... perhaps it is better to start a new contest instead of further making this one more whacky in the process.
Especially if your card is not yet really made. What do you think?

On 12/22/2022 at 9:27 PM, Sleepy said:

I don't think it might be worth it. Loleo was already online and did not seem to have naything to say (although I suppose he already saw it) and Nyx also did not exactly reply back, making you the only participant left with some sort of interest.
I'm not saying it from a place of sadness, but I mean.... perhaps it is better to start a new contest instead of further making this one more whacky in the process.
Especially if your card is not yet really made. What do you think?

I'm sorry I'm so late to reply! I appreciate the feedback and I'm glad you enjoyed it.

On 12/22/2022 at 8:42 PM, Rayfield Lumina said:

How about instead of posting the card here you just post a goat card in casual cards, make sure to @ me! 

On 12/10/2022 at 8:58 PM, Rayfield Lumina said:

WATER support, automatic Rayfield Non-giraffe seal of approval. It'd be funny to combine this with Fields... A Legendary Ocean and Lemuria bouncing to play around with Levels. Wish it was Aqua or Sea Serpent. Why does the effect happens during the Draw Phase?

Only reason it wasn't Aqua is I'm tired of Tears and I just didn't see it as a Sea Serpent, was really thinking of the ninjas. No reason in particular for it to be in the Draw Phase, I do think it raises the utility of bouncing your own cards though!

On 12/15/2022 at 1:49 PM, DifferentDimensionVanessa said:

"Wet Bandit"

Okay, now make Seven Wet Tools of the Bandit.

Will Do!

Archived