Can this forum join the Fediverse and Activitypub it would be a really cool feature to have

Zamazenta the OS-Tan Fan

Should this forum join the Fediverse and Activitypub?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Would You like this site to become part of Fediverse (Watch the video about the Fediverse before Voting)

2. 2. Should we try to Intergerarate the Activitypub into this site (Watch the video about the Activitypub before Voting)

I can't write very good message do to how I do paragraphs with my grammar but I'm gonna put a poll here watch the 2 videos before you start leaving a vote so it informs you of what the Fediverse and ActivityPub is before voting, also I copied Text from Wikipedia to do some of the article down below @YCMaker I really wish that you could incorporate this kind of feature into this site so we can have Fediverse accounts or domains or it be ingratiated into the site as a feature we can all choose to use or not by disabling it in the account settings for users of the site and inoder to have and see Fediverse stuff on this site you must have a cardmaker account on this site first Please add it into this site that's all I want.

The fediverse (a portmanteau of "federation" and "universe") is an ensemble of federated (i.e. interconnected) servers that are used for web publishing (i.e. social networking, microblogging, blogging, or websites) and file hosting, but which, while independently hosted, can communicate with each other.

On different servers (technically instances), users can create so-called identities. These identities are able to communicate over the boundaries of the instances because the software running on the servers supports one or more communication protocols that follow an open standard. As an identity on the fediverse, users are able to post text and other media, or to follow posts by other identities.

In some cases, users can show or share data (video, audio, text, and other files) publicly or to a selected group of identities, and allow other identities to edit other users' data (such as a calendar or an address book).

Mastodon is a "federated" social network that works like Twitter. It puts the control of data into the user's hands, not in a single corporation. Mastodon uses ActivityPub to make sure that each Mastodon instance can reach the others. ActivityPub is also implemented by other applications such as PeerTube and Plume. This is what makes up the *Fediverse*: a collection of social networks that function as a single one.

ActivityPub is an open, decentralized social networking protocol based on Pump.io's ActivityPump protocol.

It provides a client/server API for creating, updating, and deleting content, as well as a federated server-to-server API for delivering notifications and content.

Here is how the ActivtyPub Works and its Mechanics:

image.png.e9b312b800b70acddae3b26d2a95cb8e.png

You know the Activity Tab on this site well you know we can add an Selection for the Activity down below and speaking of the devil Activity on this site is kinda low and quite underwhelming and its too quite at times if we Joined the Fediverse @YCMaker just imagine how many more eyes and users it can bring to the site and how much more actiavity their would be on this site please YCM if you would think about it.

It could advance this site quite a lot and make you happy that's the Power of Open Source Software if you watch those 2 videos and give them a shot and think about it it would make me really happy alot and plus what's the risks theres nothing you could lose from this maybe besides your time and it going unappreciated as a feature but that means you tried your best and tried to get an community involved and that's a positive for everyone.

I put the credit to Wikipedia down below under the Video and Fediverse Logo @Rayfield Lumina @Sleepy @Horu @Lone mouse @The Nyx Avatar @Kokoroshi @kyop Can you please vote and leave your thoughts on how much you support this idea or give your thoughts on the Fediverse and ActivityPub as whole and what you think about them.

I Provided 2 YouTube videos down below if you want to watch them their not that hard to watch give them a watch before you vote and leave your thoughts in the comments down below

The Wikipedia Articles and Credit:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fediverse

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ActivityPub

Edited by Zamazenta the OS-Tan Fan

Lack of revenue from the site won't sit too well with the big guy. Consider that we barely got a fully functioning card maker. I think joining the fediverse/activypub and depending on donations to keep the server running will likely kill the site within a year or two. So I'd prefer to keep the site crawling to a slow recovery instead of just killing it.

• Shiba Inu 2

20 hours ago, Horu said:

Lack of revenue from the site won't sit too well with the big guy. Consider that we barely got a fully functioning card maker. I think joining the fediverse/activypub and depending on donations to keep the server running will likely kill the site within a year or two. So I'd prefer to keep the site crawling to a slow recovery instead of just killing it.

Yeah but Remember on the Fediverse each site connect to the Fediverse can shear their severs with eachother yeah I guess but there are people like us and others on the fediverse can share their severs with this site so it doesn't die.

@Sleepy Hey I haven't got your option on the Fediverse and Activitypub yet...

Alright if this doesn't work out then I'm okay with that I feel that some short of new feature might bring life to the site...?

Edited by Zamazenta the OS-Tan Fan

It's probably not much an exaggeration to say 99% of the userbase don't really post they come to use the cardmaker and that's it. Doing this doesn't seem it would really bring anything to the forum itself just make the card maker used more and I can't see the floating bank account in the sky watching over the site wanting to do this regardless.

• Thanks 1

• 11 months later...
On 1/12/2023 at 12:03 AM, LordCowCowCowCowCowCowCowCow said:

It's probably not much an exaggeration to say 99% of the userbase don't really post they come to use the cardmaker and that's it. Doing this doesn't seem it would really bring anything to the forum itself just make the card maker used more and I can't see the floating bank account in the sky watching over the site wanting to do this regardless.

Yes this is the reality

Donkey Kong

Edited by gbert27455