Limited:
Agido the Ancient Sentinel
Kelbek the Ancient Vanguard
Keldo the Sacred Protector
Mudora the Sword Oracle
Tearlaments Havnis
Tearlaments Merrli
Tearlaments Scheiren
Ancient Fairy Dragon (Effective March 10th with its errata)

Unlimited:
Destrudo the Lost Dragon's Frission
Jet Synchron
Mecha Phantom Beast O-Lion
True King Lithosagym the Disaster
Yata Garasu
Servant of Endymion
SPYRAL Resort

LET'S GOO THEY HIT TEARS AND SPRIGHT. All in all I think it's a good banlist, we've seen from the OCG that these hits didn't kill tearlaments, but at least brought them down to a reasonable power level.

I would've liked more hits to spright, but Spright elf was biggest problem since it essentially started an entire new combo leading to the disgusting negate end boards, so I'm fine with just elf getting hit.

I think the earth fairies are really cool, if possible I didn't want them limited because now it's literally unplayable as a deck (which no one did but I still thought it was a cool theme), but I understand that they were way too abusable to not get hit.

But I am concerned about Destrudo. They were able to Jet synchron and O'lion since Halq is gone, but Destrudo didn't rely on Halq. He can make any level 7 synchro using any other monster whether even if he's in the hand or GY, and that feels like it'll be problematic.

Side note: I find it weird that the whole ban list is effective Feb 13, but AFD is an exception set to be effective on March 10. Why? Couldn't they just put AFD on a new banlist when March comes instead?

2 hours ago, ~British Soul~ said:

Also regarding Ancient Fairy, there is a footnote on the NA site, that its limitation is effective March 10th which means that the card will receive a reprint with its errata in Maze of Memories.

The same thing happened to Firewall Dragon in 2021 where we had to wait till April

Man They hit Tearlaments hard *-* and Sprights lost something harder then Starter F that shit they should have just banned Merri instead leave Sprights alone

1 hour ago, KH911 said:

Side note: I find it weird that the whole ban list is effective Feb 13, but AFD is an exception set to be effective on March 10. Why? Couldn't they just put AFD on a new banlist when March comes instead?

This happened in 2021 with Firewall Dragon. The list dropped in March with the Firewall limit becoming effective in April when its errata came out in GFTP. Same thing here, AFD's errata is basically confirmed for Maze of Memories, essentially by stealth as March 10th is the general release of that set.

Just now, Zamazenta the OS-Tan Fan said:

Yeah that's true what if the BackstreetBoys were in Yugioh?

D-Boyz exists (smile), but the BackstreetBoys thing is a joke that was born out of necessity under circumstances.

19 minutes ago, ~British Soul~ said:

This happened in 2021 with Firewall Dragon. The list dropped in March with the Firewall limit becoming effective in April when its errata came out in GFTP. Same thing here, AFD's errata is basically confirmed for Maze of Memories, essentially by stealth as March 10th is the general release of that set.

D-Boyz exists (smile), but the BackstreetBoys thing is a joke that was born out of necessity under circumstances.

lol

I'm intrigued to test out Dinosaurs now that we got 3 copies of the True King (it'd be nice to have more Dragonic Diagrams too). That's a lot of dead babies to extend with without the need of a Normal Summon. They just gotta make a Dolkka before further action and looks like they can go places.

I'm not convinced that Tearlaments are dead but losing 14 Main Deck slots and their main Fusion is nothing to sneeze at. Seeing as this is harsher than the OCG hits on them, I am not sure how things will evolve from there.

19 hours ago, ~British Soul~ said:

No shit sherlock.

True C*vid did ruin everything

18 hours ago, Sleepy said:

I'm intrigued to test out Dinosaurs now that we got 3 copies of the True King (it'd be nice to have more Dragonic Diagrams too). That's a lot of dead babies to extend with without the need of a Normal Summon. They just gotta make a Dolkka before further action and looks like they can go places.

I'm not convinced that Tearlaments are dead but losing 14 Main Deck slots and their main Fusion is nothing to sneeze at. Seeing as this is harsher than the OCG hits on them, I am not sure how things will evolve from there.

Yeah bring back Master Peace to 1

14 minutes ago, Zamazenta the OS-Tan Fan said:

Yeah, why would they do that? There is also slow playing and time rules which sucks, and there is a 60 min rule judges let some players cheat, etc.

Pretty sure Konami amended the time rules at events to prevent such occurrences from happening as frequently as before.

Archived