[DUNE] Corrupted Gem of Rebellion - Snake Eye

https://ygorganization.com/newformofremovalturningstuffintocrystalbeasts/

image.thumb.png.10bd2b9cb3c544436b23c9b630c9d9d0.png

DUNE-JP060 Hangyaku no Zaihou – Snake Eye / Corrupted Gem of Rebellion – Snake Eye
Spell
You can only activate 1 card with this card’s name per turn.
(1) Target 1 face-up monster on the field; place it face-up in its owner’s Spell & Trap Zone as a Continuous Spell.

Seems like a pretty awesome form of removal tbh. It bypasses stuff that'd prevent it from leaving the field, and it makes it clog backrow, which can easily ruin scales against Pendulum Decks if they don't have a way of getting rid of the monster. Also some monsters might like being in the backrow in theory (not that Pumpkin Princess is a great argument or that Crystal Beasts don't have better stuff to do but still).

I don't see this card trascending as a great staple, and it'll probably be more like what happened with Psychic Eraser Laser or Ultimate Slayer, but I'm still glad the card exists xD

11 hours ago, Lone mouse said:

This works well with valence right?

I don't think it helps Vaylantz in any way, but I'd imagine the archetype definitely inspired this card's design.

8 hours ago, Sleepy said:

Seems like a pretty awesome form of removal tbh. It bypasses stuff that'd prevent it from leaving the field, and it makes it clog backrow, which can easily ruin scales against Pendulum Decks if they don't have a way of getting rid of the monster. Also some monsters might like being in the backrow in theory (not that Pumpkin Princess is a great argument or that Crystal Beasts don't have better stuff to do but still).

I don't see this card trascending as a great staple, and it'll probably be more like what happened with Psychic Eraser Laser or Ultimate Slayer, but I'm still glad the card exists xD

I love and hate this card's existence xD

I dunno if you saw my musings on Discord about figuring out a way to use the Vaylantz Fields, but this card feels like it undercuts half the reason to use 'em..

Archived