Somewhat Powerful Blue-Eyes Card

Problamatico

Blue-Eyes Dimensional Dragon @Zelse Archer

LIGHT

↙️⬇️↘️

Dragon/Link/Effect

1+ "Blue-Eyes" Dragon-type monsters 
If this card is Link Summoned, you can pay 3000LP; Special Summon monsters with "Blue-Eyes" in their card name equal to the number of Link Materials used to summon this card. Each time your opponent activates a card effect,  you can banish one "Blue-Eyes" monster this card points to face-down; negate and destroy that card.

ATK: 3000

Blue-EyesDimensionalDragon.thumb.jpeg.0033057ca0d5a63447e0af8d5f95550a.jpeg

Edited by Problamatico
  • Like 2

1+ "Blue-Eyes" Dragon monster(s)

If this card is Link Summoned: You can pay 3000 LP; Special Summon "Blue-Eyes" monsters [from where] equal to the number of Link Materials used to Summon this card. If your opponent activates a card effect: You can banish 1 "Blue-Eyes" monster this card points to face-down; negate that effect, and if you do, destroy that card.

(Text fix. The card also needs to specify where it summons the B-E from.)

It has a terrifyingly strong reward for summoning, turning a board of a few big monsters into a potential 4-6 monsters + multiple omni-negates. At the same tims it's still generally too hard for B-E to summon. 2 B-E on field? Fairly reasonable. 3? You need pretty specific hands - ones that are pretty susceptible to disruption.

Honestly though, for where the deck is, this is fair. The payoff is absolutely disgusting, but I don't think it's possible to consistently perform it on turn 1 and it could be even weaker depending on where it summons the B-E cards from, so I think the card is a good design.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tinkerer said:

If this card is Link Summoned: You can pay 3000 LP; Special Summon "Blue-Eyes" monsters [from where] equal to the number of Link Materials used to Summon this card. If your opponent activates a card effect: You can banish 1 "Blue-Eyes" monster this card points to face-down; negate that effect, and if you do, destroy that card.

It has a terrifyingly strong reward for summoning, turning a board of a few big monsters into a potential 4-6 monsters + multiple omni-negates. At the same tims it's still generally too hard for B-E to summon. 2 B-E on field? Fairly reasonable. 3? You need pretty specific hands - ones that are pretty susceptible to disruption.

Honestly though, for where the deck is, this is fair. The payoff is absolutely disgusting, but I don't think it's possible to consistently perform it on turn 1 and it could be even weaker depending on where it summons the B-E cards from, so I think the card is a good design.

I left where it can sp Summon from open on purpose, letting it sp summon from anywhere unless they're banished face-down. But thanks for the criticism. I'll take everything you said into account in future endeavors. 

7 hours ago, Tinkerer said:

For instance, let's say you have 3 B-E in hand, polymerization and de-fusion. The field is clear (kinda unlikely). Fusion Summon Neo Ult, de-fusion, link into this. Maybe summon some Maidens?

6 hours ago, Problamatico said:

I left where it can sp Summon from open on purpose, letting it sp summon from anywhere unless they're banished face-down. But thanks for the criticism. I'll take everything you said into account in future endeavors. 

So it can Summon from hand, Deck, GY, banished? How about Extra Deck? You still need to clarify on the card itself; players cannot be left to assume.

1 hour ago, Problamatico said:

Maybe summon some Maidens?

Unfortunately, Maiden isn't a B-E monster. You wouldn't be able to Summon her.

My thought was once you managed to Summon 1 of these, you could Link into a second and Special Summon a 4th B-E monster. At that point you'd be down 6k LP but you'd have 5 big dragons alongside 3 omni-negates. Extremely strong, but again, inconsistent.

26 minutes ago, Tinkerer said:

So it can Summon from hand, Deck, GY, banished? How about Extra Deck? You still need to clarify on the card itself; players cannot be left to assume.

Unfortunately, Maiden isn't a B-E monster. You wouldn't be able to Summon her.

My thought was once you managed to Summon 1 of these, you could Link into a second and Special Summon a 4th B-E monster. At that point you'd be down 6k LP but you'd have 5 big dragons alongside 3 omni-negates. Extremely strong, but again, inconsistent.

Point taken

On 7/25/2023 at 8:50 PM, Problamatico said:

Blue-Eyes Dimensional Dragon @Zelse Archer

LIGHT

↙️⬇️↘️

Dragon/Link/Effect

1+ "Blue-Eyes" Dragon-type monsters 
If this card is Link Summoned, you can pay 3000LP; Special Summon monsters with "Blue-Eyes" in their card name equal to the number of Link Materials used to summon this card. Each time your opponent activates a card effect,  you can banish one "Blue-Eyes" monster this card points to face-down; negate and destroy that card.

ATK: 3000

Blue-EyesDimensionalDragon.thumb.jpeg.0033057ca0d5a63447e0af8d5f95550a.jpeg

Cool art. The effect is gonna see some hell. If you don't mind, do you think I can erata this to make it a bit better? With permission of course.

15 hours ago, Problamatico said:

Sure. Tinkerer already did his, but I'd like to see how you'd make it.

Fixed it for ya! I made it a bit less stronger, but still viable, I think.

Blue-Eyes Dimensional Dragon
LIGHT Dragon
ATK/ 3000 3-Link: BL, B, BR
2+ Level 8 "Blue-Eyes" Dragon-type monsters
If this monster is Link Summoned, you can pay half your LP to Special Summon from your GY or deck Level 8 "Blue-Eyes" Dragon-type monsters with their effects negated; they must be where this card points. You cannot Special Summon after activating this effect. When your opponent activates a card effect, you can banish one of the monsters co-linked to this card and negate the effect, and if you do, banish it. You can only activate this effect if this points to a Level 8 monster.

Blue-EyesDimensionalDragon.jpeg.80a3dd9321427c201af5be3364c8201a.jpeg

10 hours ago, Zelse Archer said:

Fixed it for ya! I made it a bit less stronger, but still viable, I think.

Blue-Eyes Dimensional Dragon
LIGHT Dragon
ATK/ 3000 3-Link: BL, B, BR
2+ Level 8 "Blue-Eyes" Dragon-type monsters
If this monster is Link Summoned, you can pay half your LP to Special Summon from your GY or deck Level 8 "Blue-Eyes" Dragon-type monsters with their effects negated; they must be where this card points. You cannot Special Summon after activating this effect. When your opponent activates a card effect, you can banish one of the monsters co-linked to this card and negate the effect, and if you do, banish it. You can only activate this effect if this points to a Level 8 monster.

Blue-EyesDimensionalDragon.jpeg.80a3dd9321427c201af5be3364c8201a.jpeg

Your errata needs some PSCT. Co-linking only works if there are two or more LINK monsters set up where they have arrows pointing at each other. Non-link monsters don't co- link.

Being a Blue-Eyes-specific card keeps it somewhat doable, but I'm gonna argue that this doesn't really sound too OK design-wise. 
Once the payoff to Summon it is fulfilled, it basically revives the 3 materials used (or better monsters if you have more to choose from), making the Link Summon essentially free. Then you can Link Summon a second copy using the first one and get an extra revive for a 1-material Link 3 Summon, and if you can do something about the LP cost you can immediately bring the third copy from the Extra and get you a 5th Blue-Eyes Summon onto you Main Monster Zones.
After which you'll have the Jet Dragon helping you protect things on top of 3 omni negates.

That doesn't sound like it is gonna break the meta because we are talking about Blue-Eyes, but it also still sounds a bit abusive once you pull off the 3 initial materials.