[VJMP] Rescue Hedgehog

https://ygorganization.com/hangingontheedgeoftomorrow/

image.png.0cf450e35195ee861bd14a9ef1fce3ce.png

VJMP-JP247 Rescue Hedgehog
Level 4/EARTH/Beast/Effect
You can only use the effect of this card’s name once per turn.
(1) You can banish this card you control; Special Summon 1 Normal Monster and 1 Effect Monster from the Deck that are Level 3 or lower but the same Type, Attribute and Level, also, the monsters Special Summoned by this effect have their effects negated and are destroyed during the End Phase.
300/100

This has potential for a lot of fun plays. I will be testing it in decks when I can. ideas include:
-Tomozaurus + Babycerasaurus (search since Dinos have a Field Spell and a Trap that could like the vanilla. Or just an extra pop on the field could be welcome)
-Archfiend Marmot + Tri-Brigade
-Frog the Jam + Frogs
-Mystical Shine Ball + Agent of Mystery Earth (Synchro for Herald)
-Volcanic Rat/Charcoal Impachi + Volcanic Shell (for a Link play if nothing else)
-Baby Dragon + Armed Dragon LV3 (+ Level Up! in hand lol )
-Dragon Zombie + Uni Zombie (into Vampire Sucker probably?)

hmmm I'll think of more lol.

First thought that came to mind is using this in Skull Servants. You banish this to summon a Skull Servant and a Wightbaking, you link them off into anything, triggering the Wightbaking while also getting an extra Skull Servant in the GY. I just came up with this move off the top of my head so there might be a more optimal way to use it.

• Like 1

I'd like to see a deck that uses this as a niche set up to sparse a deck up for Penguin Soldier and (if the following hasn't been banned), Spear Cretin, and Winged Kuriboh tbh. Also, this looks like it would be fun to use in a Trap-Monster-and-Pendulum-Monster deck if the set up is right.

Edit: I don't remember but there also seems to be a really annoying Rank 3 Xyz Monster with Shark card art that this would be near-broken for.

Edited by HQCardmaker
Had a half-memory of an Xyz Card.

Is this good? I cannot tell. I guess it is ok in Decks that already run Normals with same traits, or you tech in the Normals, also it has no Summon restrictions so it can be SSed from GY, Deck, etc. but still... are this and the splashed Normals worth the deck space and potential dead draws?