Okay, fine, I give up. These are the 30 cards that make up my career.

Guest Supreme Gamesmaster

Wow. I really owe you guys here at YCM a lot. You've shaken me out of my arrogant stupor, for one.

It's been a pretty common routine as long as I've been here: I post a card, it's COMPLETELY IGNORED. Now, for a while, I thought, "Well, there's guys like Yankeefan and God Hunter that get, like, 5 pages of replies to THEIR good cards. It should only be a matter of time before the same thing happens to me."

Now in all my time at YCM, the same thing has never happened to me. So now I figure it has nothing to do with the quality of your cards what kind of reception you get (either that, or my cards are as bad as Griffinsusername says they are). Hence, I've stopped caring.

Don't get me wrong, there's a lot of things I care about. Now, making good cards isn't one of those things. I'll still be active around the forums, and sometimes I'll put a card in a contest here or put it up for review in a reviewing thread there, but I'm through with public card making.

So now, I present to you what is arguably my best card ever, and certainly my last card ever, God Azrael the Supreme Dark Dragon. And yes, the rarity is common, just like my card-making prowess.

8813tq9.jpg

[spoiler=Effect:]While this card is in your hand and your opponent activates a monster's effect to destroy a monster(s) on the field, negate the effect and remove from play all cards on the field. Then Special Summon this card and inflict 400 points of damage to your opponent's Life Points for each card removed from play by this effect. The ATK and DEF of this card is equal to the amount of damage taken by this effect. This card cannot attack during the turn in which it is Summoned. You cannot equip any Equip Spell cards to this card. When this card is removed from the field by a card effect, Special Summon it. During the next End Phase after this effect was activated, inflict damage to your opponent's Life Points by an amount equal to the total damage to your Life Points you took during this turn.

Again, thanks. You shook me out of my self-pitiful stupor this time. I've gone back to card making, and this is the start of the new generation of SGY/GodXal cards. Presenting... The Ubiquitous Darklord!

8813ct9.jpg

The new generation continues, and I'm about to continue with cards even the most religious fanatic in the world would approve - the Virtue Fairies. If you review a card, please suggest a rarity.

8813bj6.jpg

In case you can't tell, the theme with Virtue Fairies is for them to blow themselves up ASAP and then do weird things. The next one can and must blow itself up the turn it hits the field, or you're in big trouble.

8813nx1.jpg

Ugh, and here I was telling myself I was starting to become something of YCM fame. W'ever. New card: Virtue Fairy Purity.

8813la0.jpg

This is the last of the Virtue Fairies, though there are several fusions involving them. It's Virtue Fairy - Hope, which gives you something to cheer about when your opponent pulls JDragon.

8813oq0.jpg

First of the V. Fairy fusions, all of which are notoriously easy to get out. I think this'll be the only one for now. UDE'd have a jolly time censoring Virtue Fairy - Devout. Anyone want to try?

8813lu6.jpg

ughstagnancy. Well, anyway, I'm fully aware this image has been used several times before, I just really wanted to make something of it. This would by Dark Infinity Goddess.

8813ky8.jpg

[spoiler=Effect:]This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by having exactly 6 DARK monsters in your Graveyard. This card can be Special Summoned from the Graveyard by this effect. This card cannot be removed from the field by a card effect (except its own). When this card is Summoned successfully, draw 3 cards from your Deck. Each time a DARK monster on the field is sent to the Graveyard, pay 500 Life Points to remove it from play and draw 1 card from your Deck. When this effect resolves, you can pay an additional 500 Life Points to increase the ATK of this card by 400 points. During your Standby Phase, discard 1 card from your hand OR destroy 1 DARK monster you control. If you cannot, remove this card from play and decrease your Life Points by an amount equal to the combined ATK of all DARK monsters on the field (including this card).

First non-monster of the set. I was lucky enough to find an image for this one. The multiple effects offer strategic versatility I think ought to be found more often in YGO cards. W'ever, here's the card.

8813rl3.jpg

Back to monsters. This guy has piercing and reverse-piercing, plus a discarding effect with a twist. Best of all, he can Special Summon a monster of Level 4 or lower. It's Demi-Guardias the Virtual Soldier.

8813gs7.jpg

[spoiler=Effect]During battle between this attacking card and a Defense Position monster whose DEF is lower than the ATK of this card, inflict the difference as Battle Damage to your opponent. Your opponent then discards 1 card from the top of his/her Deck. If the discarded card was a monster, inflict damage to your Life Points equal to the Level of the discarded card x 300 points. Once per turn, during your Main Phase, you can change this card to Defense Position to Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower monster from your hand. If you activate this effect, this card's battle position cannot be changed until your opponent's next End Phase. During battle between this Defense Position card and your opponent's attacking monster whose ATK is higher than the DEF of this card, inflict the difference as Battle Damage to your Life Points.

Now to show why The Ubiquitous Darklord was created: EARTHs and WINDs are about to take over. This card is the first in the WIND trend. It may seem pointless, but later cards will explain it all. Meet the Typhoon of Deliverance.

8813wd8.jpg

This is the first card that combos with Typhoon of Deliverance, and is pretty much staple for the WIND theme I'm making. "Dux Ventus" means "Wind Duke," and a duke this dragon is. His multiple effects are a staple of my card making; it allows for strategic evaluation of the situation to determine effects. In this case, some are for when you're in control of the duel and some aren't.

8813yk3.jpg

[spoiler=Effect:]If there are exactly 3 WIND monsters in your Graveyard, you can Special Summon this card. If this card is Special Summoned by its own effect, double the ATK of this card. This card then gains 2 of the following effects: •During battle between this attacking monster and a Defense Position monster whose DEF is lower than the ATK of this card, inflict the difference as Battle Damage to your opponent's Life Points. •You can discard 1 card from your hand to switch the ATK and DEF of 1 monster on the field until the End Phase of the turn in which this effect was activated. •During your Standby Phase, if this card is in face-up Defense Position, inflict damage to your opponent's Life Points equal to the ATK of this card. •When this card would be destroyed by a card effect, you can destroy 1 monster you control to negate that effect.

This card isn't the end of the WIND trend, but I always interrupt the set at card 13 with an über-powerful Secret Rare. Until then, here's Brash Wind Knight.

8813xm7.jpg

Since DARK is my favorite attributes, I'll be making just enough cards to ensure they keep the edge. This guy was designed for huge OTK power. He can also kill removal decks once he leaves the field, or activate them. I present... Asmodeus the Infinity Serpent!

asmodeusqt2.png

[spoiler=Effect:]This card is treated as a DARK, LIGHT, WIND, WATER, FIRE, and EARTH monster. You can discard 3 monsters from your hand to Special Summon this card. While this card remains face-up on the field, when your opponent activates a card effect that causes you to discard a card(s) from your hand, he/she cannot draw a card until his/her next Draw Phase. Destroy 1 Spell or Trap Card you control to destroy 1 card on the field. When this card battles another monster, neither player can activate any card effects until the end of the Battle Phase. When this card destroys a monster by battle, you can destroy 2 cards on the field (you must control at least 1 of these cards). When this card is removed from the field, select and activate 1 of the following effects: •Both players remove all cards in their Graveyards from play. •Both players add all of their removed from play cards to their respective Graveyards.

This next guy is no ordinary fisherman. His living lures drag back mighty monsters from the Different Dimension. He has no connection to the much less useful Legendary Fisherman... he's The Otherworldly Fisherman!

8813xi8.jpg

Let's hope this doesn't get deleted by my stuck Delete key. It's a card called the Typhoon of Selective Destruction, and it returns to the WIND trend. It turns the combo into a -1 risk-free in WIND decks, but is otherwise risky.

8813tw3.jpg

I would have posted my Simorgh synchro, but I saw this image on dA and just had to make a card out of it. Introducing Yericol the Demon Swordsman (who is obviously intended for use with my previous card "Viel, Waker of Evil").

8813mg7.jpg

Alright, so I fail at card making, but to the degree that you don't even give me the courtesy of telling me my cards are boring? >.< Here's that Simorgh synchro I promised. Go ahead and tell me I'm nothing special; it's better than this damn ignorance.

8813df4.jpg

Since I'm clearly not being loathed to the point of constant ignorance, I might as well go ahead and post this. It gives at least a +3 advantage to whoever plays this, so it would obviously be banned... Whatever, here it is anyway.

8813oj0.jpg

Well, it was nice while it lasted. I made this card based on the state of my card-making. I really hope you like it. Presenting Tenacity.

8813ao0.jpg

Okay, I'm still just hanging on, so I'm making another Tenacity card. This one is The Tenacious Gladiator. He faces all new opponents, and can only defeated in pitched combat with a truly stronger foe (which isn't too hard if you think about it).

8813qa3.jpg

This card is surprisingly hard to abuse, partially because you can only Summon a number of monsters you already had on the field, partially due to the LP cost, and partially because your opponent gets the effect, too. But Aggro decks will want to keep the Different Dimension sided.

8813ni1.jpg

Alright, WIND's had its crack at the bat (though I daresay I have more coming). Time for EARTH to have its say. Meet Sandstorm Dragon, the latest of the Sandstorm Beast monsters.

8813zo8.jpg

I've had this idea in mind for a long time. This is a card I know would be banned, simply because it would let you chain LVortex to DAD and JD. But imagine the other possibilities...

8813zp8.jpg

This is a renovation of an old card of mine, Secret Offensive Strategy. The idea is, these cards help you defeat an opponent right when they think they'd defeat you. For example, your opponent's DAD attacks you directly, and then they find themselves face-to-face with JD. No worries, you won't have time to use the effect.

8813de5.jpg

This is a renovation of Secret Defensive Strategy, also from my first set of the old generation (Divine Awakening). I find it brutal, giving your opponent a dead draw as a reward for attacking. Sorry about the image; I couldn't pass it up. I bet you µ500µ (that's five hundred Mobium, for those who don't know) Fighter would fall for it.

8813cv1.jpg

More Sandstorm Beasts! These lovably horrifying fiends with Hungarian names typically have a Special Summon effect, and only gain their powers if they're Summoned by that effect. This guy doesn't follow that rule, but he is powerful. Meet Sandstorm Beast - Lanc Seget, meaning, sans accents, "chain servant."

8813tw3.jpg

Barbaros Ur inspired me to make this massive brute. Indubitably the most offensive of the Sandstorm Beasts, Harcos Kilary works best with the upcoming Field Spell Card. His name means "warrior king" in Hungarian.

8813qz5.jpg

Okie, here's the new card, and the last non-Fusion Sandstorm Beast. Solemn kills it, but hey, if you have LP to spare... Works great with topdeckers, too. The name means roughly "Torture Phantom," if I remember correctly.

8813ii8.jpg

Fusion of Virtue Fairy and Sandstorm Beast. It saves your monster from defeat for a turn, but only for a turn. Here's Whitelie, for the few-to-no interested beings.

8813fs7.jpg

With all due respect,

|||~God Xal

|||||||Who Finally Got His Cool Spacing To Show Up

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the name may be corny, but the effect is possibly the most unique Burn/Beatdown effect I have ever seen. It's well balanced, as well as very usable in a good deck. Though I did spot two OCG error and that was this...

instead of saying

"Inflict 400 points of damege for each..."

say this..

"Inflict 400 points of direct damage to your Life Points for each..."

And that should do it. Very nice effect, perfect use for the picture, awesome card.

Also...

Instead of "for each card removed in this way..."

say "for every card removed from play by this card's effect."

Sorry I couldn't find any of your other threads, I probably wasn't online when some of them were on the recently posted threads.

As for the greatness for this card... I solute you and give you a 10/10 as well as a + rep for such a great card. Bravo.

~Meti

@hells son: Well, yes, that was the intention.

@Meti: It's little things that make the card. Thank you very much for the review.

@hells son: Well' date=' yes, that was the intention.

@Meti: [b']It's little things that make the card[/b] (but I made it to the player's LP). Thank you very much for the review.

That's exactly what all newcomers should know right now. Absolute truth. Never look at the big pretty little picture that is used for a card, instead, look at the effect, like how well it's constructed, and how well it can be used in an actual duel. Never just say, "Oh wow, nice picture, nice OCG, nice name" instead descibe in detail what makes the card so good or so bad. All good card makers can fix OCG, but Great card makers have the talent of uniqueness.

Also, I fixed my last post. Should be absolute perfect if you make those corrections.

It is incredibly good. Please do not stop. What I believe is the problem for people not responding to your threads as much as people like that [the same happens in mine] is usually the title for some reason. I don't know, just try it. I don't want you to give up. I didn't give up. People still rarely post in my threads, and I know I suck at card making, but that doesn't mean I don't try.

Now back to the card...

It is incredibly good, and has one of the most unique effects I've ever seen. This gives it a 2/2 on overall card.

It's image is perfect and amazing. It's one I've never seen before. Thus, you get a 2/2 on image.

The effect is just...dazzling...I mean honestly, what is there to say...? It's that good...Therefore, you get a 2/2 on effect

It is so amazing, I just want to see more...So you get a 2/2 on interest...

Your ocg is pretty good. A few mistakes here and there...So that's...a 1.8/2 on ocg...

So you get an overall 9.8/10 on your card. Great Job!!!

That's the highest rating I've ever given with my new rating scale. Awesome! Please don't stop!

@Frlf: It's good to hear that, but if the only way I can get people to pay attention to my card is by saying it's my last one, well...

@element: Wow. Frankly, I'm honored. Well, at least I ended with a bang.

@wilson: I'm glad you think so. I certainly feel the same way.

@Meti: Made all corrections. Thank you very much again for the critique.

Hey, this is a great card. It's well-designed, well-made, and all-around a sweet card. Meti pointed out the only errors I noticed, so kudos to him (EDIT: which now appear to be fixed :P). The name is just a tad bit generic, but mostly it's good.

overall - 13.48/13.69 ^_^

P.S. I think you recently got a name change, and I don't remember what your name was before, so I don't know if I've commented on your other cards :P

^^I was Supreme Gamesmaster Yddisac. I sent my name change request to you first... O,x

And I'm very glad you like the card.

^^I was Supreme Gamesmaster Yddisac. I sent my name change request to you first... O' date='x

And I'm very glad you like the card.

[/quote']

Oh, yes of course! Now I remember. I forwarded it to YCMaker since he changes all the names. I tried to send you a PM saying I had forwarded it, but it wouldn't let me as your old username was too long for the Recipient field on the PM :P

Oh, and it's too good not to like ;)

@DBrowarod: Ooh, so THAT'S what happened. Heh... Now you see why I needed my name changed. XD

@Phantom Ruler: Wow, thank you very much. I *am* going out with a bang.

If this card is in your hand, you can negate an opponent's card effect which involves destroying 1 or more monsters on the field and remove from play all cards on the field. When you activate this effect, Special Summon this card and inflict 400 points of damage to your Life Points for each card removed in this way. The ATK and DEF of this card are equal to the amount of damage taken by this card's effect. You cannot equip any Equip Spell Cards to this card. When this card is removed from the field by a card effect, Special Summon it. During the next End Phase after this effect is activated, inflict damage to your opponent's Life Points by an amount equal to the total amount of Life Points you lost during the turn this effect is activated.

I think that's the right OCG although I might be wrong. It's a really cool card, just fix up the OCG and it's perfect. It doesn't have to be your last card. :(

the name may be corny' date=' but the effect is possibly the most unique Burn/Beatdown effect I have ever seen. It's well balanced, as well as very usable in a good deck. Though I did spot [b']two[/b] OCG error and that was this...

instead of saying

"Inflict 400 points of damege for each..."

say this..

"Inflict 400 points of direct damage to your Life Points for each..."

And that should do it. Very nice effect, perfect use for the picture, awesome card.

Also...

Instead of "for each card removed in this way..."

say "for every card removed from play by this card's effect."

Sorry I couldn't find any of your other threads, I probably wasn't online when some of them were on the recently posted threads.

As for the greatness for this card... I solute you and give you a 10/10 as well as a + rep for such a great card. Bravo.

~Meti

San-Meti, for the first one, it's "Inflict 400 damage to your opponent for every..." This card is excellent and close to perfection, 9.99/10

I'm glad I'm making such an impression on card making history. Alright, I'll post my best cards from across history here.

Okay, sorry, I take it back. There's WAY too many cards to put up. I'm SO sorry. But in retrospect, I think I will continue card making. Expect this thread to be my card archive. Thanks everyone for giving me my confidence back.

Okay' date=' sorry, I take it back. There's WAY too many cards to put up. I'm SO sorry. But in retrospect, I think I will continue card making. Expect this thread to be my card archive. Thanks everyone for giving me my confidence back.

[/quote']

Lol, thats fine. Im just glad i was able to influence a great cardmaker like yourself to continue doing what you do best at YCM. If its not too much trouble, can you PM me a few of your created cards every once in a while? Im really anxious to see some of them ^.^

Archived