Yu-Gi-Oh Key of the Mind (FINISHED)

Wyhe

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amazing chapter dude.But any hints on what Azrale's(sorry can't spell his name right)deck is gonna be like?:?

Azrael is the demon of death, make a guess people...

also, I am putting in side plot in ch 24 to tell more of Norman...

Ch 24-Opposites Attract

Ch 24-Opposites Attract

In the Oregeorgia General Hospital, Norman was in there, sneaking around in his doctor’s outfit. He suspiciously looked around a ward as he stepped closer & closer towards it, however…

“Stop right there!” shouted a voice.

Norman turned around & saw a doctor standing there.

“Hello, Norman,” said the doctor as he took off his surgical mask.

“You’re…Dr Teong!” exclaimed Norman, “we haven’t seen each other in a long time.”

“Indeed, but what brings you here?” asked Dr Teong, “This area is for staff only & you look like no staff to me.”

“Err…long story,” said Norman sheepishly.

“Let’s have a duel to tell me your story then,” said Dr Teong as he took out a Compact Disk & attached it onto his wrist.

Norman smiled at him & activated his own Disk.

“Duel!” shouted both of them as they prepared their hands.

[align=center]

Teong (LP: 4000) Norman (LP: 4000)[/align]

“Let’s go!” said Dr Teong as he drew his card, “I summon the Pheromone Wasp.” (ATK: 800)

A green flying bug appeared & buzzed around.

“I set 2 face-down cards,” said Teong as 2 cards appeared, “and I end my turn.”

“Draw!” said Norman, “now I summon my Gene-Warped Warwolf!” (ATK: 2000)

As such, the bipedal beast appeared & roared. It then stared at Teong & his Pheromone Wasp.

“I attack with Malicious Maul!”cried Norman as his Warwolf attacks.

“I activate my face-down DNA Surgery,” said Teong, “with this card, I cantransform all monsters on the field into a single Type & I select the Insect Type.”

Gene-Warped Warwolf flinched for a moment & growled in pain as its eyes turned into the multiple eyes of a common insect. It hairy limbs all became exoskeleton. Norman would have nearly vomited as he saw his favourite monster suffering like that. All this time, Pheromone Wasp was unaffected by the Trap Card since it is already an Insect in the beginning.

“But that stops nothing!” claimed Norman.

“Until I play my second Trap Card called Alert,” said Teong, “I can play any Continuous Spell Card that is in my hand & I activate Insect Barrier.”

Several thin lines protected Teong’s side of the field.

“With this card, your Insect monsters cannot attack me,” said Teong.

“But my Warwolf ain’t an…no wait…your Trap Card just…” said Norman, “I set 1 face-down. Your move.”

“Yes I will,” said Teong, “and I will show something by playing Secret Pass to the Treasures, so that my Wasp can attack you directly this turn. Get him with Pheromone Stinger!”

Pheromone Wasp flew up to Norman & stung him with its stinger.

[align=center]

Teong (LP: 4000) Norman (LP: 3200)[/align]

“That hurts!” remarked Norman.

“But that’s not all yet,” said Teong, “for my Pheromone Wasp’s effect activates now. When they are active enough, they will release a pheromone to my deck that will call out a Level 4 or less Insect to the field & I choose…my Petit Moth.” (DEF: 200)

Pheromone Wasp unleashed a strange scent from itself & it went into Teong’s deck. Then, a small caterpillar appeared beside Pheromone Wasp.

“It’s more of a worm that I can crush easily to me than a moth,” said Norman.

“C’mon, Norman. As old pals, you knew what this fella could do,” said Teong, “and I shall demonstrate it by equipping my Petit Moth with the Cocoon of Evolution.”

Petit Moth was then slowly wrapped around by a silk that eventually encased it inside a cocoon.

“Oh yeah…you are aiming summon the Perfectly Ultimate Great Moth, aren’t you,” said Norman, “I have a feeling that this will not be easy…”

Meanwhile, not far from Oregeorgia laid a small town called Jean-Utau, a small town community that was known for its natural areas & resources. From the sky, the silhouette of a large dragon flew right across the area & a human figure fell from the dragon. He landed safely on the ground through some gymnastic maneuvers, revealing himself to be Marin.

“Now, this should be where I tracked Azrael to. This town is said to be quite an active community, so it’s so quiet…I can’t be anymore wrong now,” said Marin as he examined the area.

He looked around & observed that all the plants in the area were wilting away.

“The Demon of Death would leave death in its path & this is my evidence,” said Marin.

Suddenly, Marin heard something from the corner. He quickly turned around & noticed a young boy of around 8-10 years old there. Marin then approached the boy.

“Kid, what happened here?” asked Marin nicely.

“Everyone just went missing. I don’t really know since I’m always away from the others,” said the boy, “I am, after all, nothing like the rest of the world.”

“Just like how I used to be back then…” thought Marin, “perhaps he could be…”

Suddenly, a black fog came about. It then materialized into a vaguely humanoid form, a seemingly wolf-like creature with pitch-black skin & crimson eyes. Its 4 limbs all ended in long sharp claws that could easily shred anything it touched. On its back were 2 huge bat wings. Also, there were 3 horns on its heads, 2 on the sides & 1 in the middle.

“Azrael, I assume?” asked Marin as he stood.

“Yes, I am. How may the Demon of Death help you?” asked Azrael.

“My Lordship, the Overmind, wished for your presence,” said Marin, but Azrael growled at the mention of that name.

“No…he was the one who sealed me in that god-forsaken Slash Draw deck!” snapped Azrael, who became very animalistic.

Azrael slashed the air around & created a shockwave that struck the boy. The boy laid onto the ground dead.

“No!” cried Marin, “Azrael, duel me now!”

“Arg…fine,” said Azrael as it calmed down & a Duel Disk had seemingly grown out of its arm.

“Then let’s duel!” said Marin as a blue & yellow Duel Disk extended from his armor.

[align=center]

Azrael (LP: 4000) Marin (LP: 4000)[/align]

“I will kick things off,” said Azrael, “and summon Sangan (ATK; 1000) & 2 face-down cards!”

The 3-eyed small fiend appeared & 2 face-down cards went soon after.

“Draw!” cried Marin as he drew his first card.

“Weird, why he summoned that thing in Attack Mode?” thought Marin, “we will just have to see.”

“I will show you a true fiend with the Archfiend Soldier!” (ATK: 1900) said Norman as the demonic soldier appeared in a burst of infernal flames.

“Please, that’s only a blindly loyal fool who fights for the Archfiends…without knowing what his masters are fighting for,” remarked Azrael, whose comments made Archfiend Soldier mad.

“Attack that small-fry with Hellion Slash!” yelled Marin as Archfiend Soldier charged at Sangan & slashed it in half.

“I activate my Power Wall Trap Card,” said Azrael, “by sending 9 cards from my deck to grave, I can negate all Battle Damage.”

Azrael took out the top 9 cards of his deck (Spirit Reaper, Monster Reborn, Dark Grepher, Tribute to the Doomed, Armageddon Knight, Magical Merchant, Dragon Zombie, Skull Servant, and Cannon Soldier MK-2) & threw them all freely at the aftershock of the attack, where else Sangan remained destroyed.

“Not to mention, when Sangan is sent to the graveyard, I can add a monster that is weak in his offensive abilities,” said Azrael.

“I slap down 2 face-downs, end turn,” said Marin.

“My turn,” said Azrael, “I play Call of the Haunted to revive my Cannon Soldier MK-2.” (ATK: 1900)

Call of the Haunted lifted up & a giant robot appeared. It had 2 huge cannons on the sides of its body.

“So what…their attacks are equal. You won’t be that dumb to plan a suicidal move on me,” said Norman.

“I summon the Marauding Captain,” (ATK: 1200) said Azrael as the brave warrior appeared, “by his effect, I can summon another monster such as…my Witch of the Black Forest!” (ATK: 1100)

A lady dressed in long black robes appeared.

“Now for my Cannon Soldier MK-2’s effect, I can Release 2 monsters so that he can blast you for 1500 points,” said Azrael as both the witch & captain disappeared in grains of light that flew into Cannon Soldier MK-2’s cannons & fired at Marin.

Azrael (LP: 4000) Marin (LP; 2500)

Azrael (LP: 4000) Marin (LP; 2500)

Despite the attack, Marin remained calm & steady.

“Let’s not forget that my Witch allows me to take in a monster as long that monster has a weak defense,” said Azrael, “it’s a wonder that you are so calm, but at that kid’s demise, your darkness grew strong.”

“Why do you want to kill off a town full of people?” asked Marin.

‘That’s what I do & I need fresh life to accumulate strength before returning to Limbo,” said Azrael, “and is it not what your Overmind desired to accomplish too?”

“Nonsense! He’ll never do such things!” snapped Marin, “We are only uniting the world with us Psychics emerging as the leaders of this new world.”

“So what! I heard that line from all the tyrants & conquerors I had met in Limbo!” replied Azrael, “Hitler, Napoleon I, Alexander the Great, Caesar, Emperor Qin, Genghis Khan among others all were willing to plead with me or any other death deities for a second chance at life. They all tried to explain their grand goals of uniting the world. But I gave them none of that. I eventually decided to wipe all of these tyrannical fools off the face of the earth, and that’s when I met your leader & we dueled for his fate.”

“And let me guess, you lose & was sealed inside that card,” said Marin, “before I forget, it should be my turn.”

Marin drew his card & then looked at his hand.

“Ok, I will Release my Archfiend Soldier for Zaborg the Thunder Monarch!” (ATK: 2400)

The fiend soldier disappeared into a portal of light as the thunder emperor appeared onto the field.

“When he has been Advance Summoned, I can destroy 1 card on the field…like your Cannon Soldier MK-2,” said Marin, “Go, Thunder Strike!”

Zaborg generated electricity in his hands & fired it at Cannon Soldier MK-2, thus obliterating it into scrap metal.

“Zaborg, get Azrael with your Thunder Blast attack!” yelled Marin as Zaborg gathered electricity in his hands & launched it at Azrael.

[align=center]

Azrael (LP: 1600) Marin (LP; 2500)[/align]

“Had enough?” said Marin, “I set 1 more card & that’s it.”

“Draw,” said Azrael, “and I play Cost Down to reduce the Levels of all of monsters in my hand by 2 for this turn by discarding a card.”

Azrael then discarded Exiled Force for Cost Down’s effect.

“So now I can easily summon my Level 5-turned-Level 3 Shadow Ghoul!” (ATK: 1600) shouted Azrael.

A dark green fiend appeared onto the field. It had several red spots all over it.

“With 1600 Attacks, it is weak,” said Marin, “but by summoning that, you have triggered my Cloning Trap Card, which creates a Clone Token that has very last detail of your monster.”

The card opened up & an exact duplicate of Shadow Ghoul appeared on Marin’s side of the field. (DARK/Zombie/LV 5/ATK 1600/DEF 1300)

“But not its effect, which gives it 100 points for every monster that have been passed on the Great Beyond & I have…11 of them there,” said Azrael, (ATK: 1600~2700), “now, attack with Shadow Strike!”

Shadow Ghoul struck its claw at Zaborg & destroyed him.

Azrael (LP: 1600) Marin (LP; 2200)

Azrael (LP: 1600) Marin (LP; 2200)

“To add more salt to your wound, I play the Spell Card Sonic Roar,” said Azrael, “with this card, you will now take damage equal to half of my monster’s current attack score.”

Shadow Ghoul cast a red glow & unleashed a blast of energy at Marin.

[align=center]Azrael (LP: 1600) Marin (LP; 850)

[/align]

Azrael then took Destruction Jammer from its hand & set it.

“I set a card & end my turn,” said Azrael.

“Draw,” said Marin, “I summon my Chaos-End Master to the field.” (ATK: 1300)

A winged warrior appeared out of a shining vortex in the sky.

“A Fairy?” asked Azrael.

“Nope, he’s a Warrior of Light & also a Tuner monster as well,” said Marin, “now I shall tune my Clone Token with Chaos-End Master! Darkness & corruption conceal the entire world. The purest essences of evil itself are spread to its ends. Descend from the depths of nihility, Synchro Summon, Dark End Dragon!” (ATK: 2600)

Chaos-End Master flew up into the sky as it became 3 stars that encircled into 3 rings. The 3 rings then flew into the Clone Token, who dissipated into 5 stars. A crimson red beam of light shot into the sky as a vaguely-draconic form appeared from it. As the light slowly disappeared, a pitch-black dragon was seen. On its chest was a plate that bared resemblance to a demon. The dragon looked demonic too.

“2600 Attack? I’m afraid that’s still too little for my monster,” mocked Azrael.

“Now I activate my dragon’s special ability, I can decrease its Attack Power by a mere 500 to send 1 of your monster off to the Great Beyond,” said Marin, “Go, Dark Evaporation!”

“But if it just sends a monster to the graveyard like that, Destruction Jammer is pointless!” thought Azrael.

Dark End Dragon groaned for a moment as its Attack fell (ATK: 2600~2100) & it shot out a blast of darkness at Shadow Ghoul. In mere seconds, the Shadow Ghoul was gone.

“Battle, Dark Fog!” said Marin.

Dark End Dragon unleashed a mist-like stream of darkness at Azrael. The lupine demon howled in horror of his own defeat.

[align=center]

Azrael (LP: 0) Marin (LP; 850)[/align]

As the field cleared, Azrael laid exhaustingly. Marin looked at the fallen demon as it slowly vanished into dark vapor, all that remained was a golden medallion.

“Another mission accomplished,” said Marin as he departed the area silently with the medallion in his grasp.

Later, in the sky fortress of the Overmind, Marin reported of the recent happenings & delivered the medallion.

“Excellent work, Marin. This medallion is what I need,” said the Overmind, “not to mention, Azrael’s destruction had left darkness upon the land that is useful for the production of Syntho-Daemons.”

“I am grateful of your pleasure upon my small achievements,” said Marin, “but do explain on your plans.”

“Are you doubting my ideals?” asked the Overmind.

“Of course not, I simply wish to applaud at your brilliance,” said Marin.

“The current world order is too chaotic & corrupted, therefore I shall pass the title of the world upon us Psychics who shall govern the world,” said the Overmind, “and all who stand in my way shall…”

He then noticed a fly near him, so he generated a small spark from his fingers & flung it at the fly.

“Suffer for their resistance,” he continued before he broke into laughter.

“It’s just like what Azrael said…” thought Marin, who was fearful of his master for once.

Meanwhile, the duel between Norman & Dr Teong progressed. Currently, the good doctor was in the lead with his Pheromone Wasp (ATK: 800) & Perfectly Ultimate Great Moth (ATK: 3500) on his side of the field & his DNA Surgery/Insect Barrier combo had protected him from any form of Battle Damage. On the other hand, Norman had 1 face-down card & a Magical Reflect Slime (ATK: 700) on the field.

Teong (LP: 3000) Norman (LP: 900)

Teong (LP: 3000) Norman (LP: 900)

“I feel so sad for you that you must bring about your own doom, Norman,” said Teong, “but I must end this now. Ultimate Moth Storm!”

The Perfectly Ultimate Great Moth flapped its wings to create a powerful wind storm.

“I activate my Quick Summon to Second Summon my Slime,” said Norman as Magical Reflect Slime glowed, “as an Effect Monster, you take all Battle Damage with this card’s battles.”

The storm generated by the Perfectly Ultimate Great Moth then split apart into slime.

Teong (LP: 200) Norman (LP: 900)

Teong (LP: 200) Norman (LP: 900)

“But my Pheromone Wasp is still around, get him!” commanded Teong, “Pheromone Stinger!”

Pheromone Wasp flew at Norman & stung him.

Teong (LP: 200) Norman (LP: 100)

Teong (LP: 200) Norman (LP: 100)

“And I will use Pheromone Wasp’s effect to summon Frenzy Cricket,” (ATK: 1700) said Teong as a angry-looking giant cricket appeared, “this card can negate 1 attack per turn & we cannot activate card effects during the Battle Phase. I end my turn.”

“Draw,” said Norman, “I will now show you something in my hand right now.”

Norman turned over the card he drew. It had an orange border that indicated that it was an Effect Monster. Besides that, it was also a Level 3 EARTH Beast-Type monster with the Attack & Defense of 800 each.

“Garis the Stargazing Beast!” exclaimed Teong.

“I was about to give this card, but let’s see how it works first,” said Norman, “by showing it to you, I can send the top card of my deck to the graveyard & if it were a Monster Card, you take 100 points of damage for each of its Level.”

“So you are now relying your victory on your deck, that’s unlike you,” said Teong.

Norman remained silent, but only drew out the top card & showed it to Teong. To Teong’s surprise, it was the Level 9 Normal Monster Spiral Serpent.

“So that will be 900 points of damage to you,” said Norman, “Garis, Star Shot!”

Garis then appeared & blasted Teong with a black ray.

Teong (LP: 0) Norman (LP: 100)

Teong (LP: 0) Norman (LP: 100)

“I must say, Norman,” said Teong as he laid on the ground, “your deck is great & I would have never thought of seeing you using anything other than Normal Monsters in your deck.”

“Well, times have changed & we should be flexible about it,” said Norman.

“So anyway, what have you come here for?” asked Teong.

“I need to see someone who has been admitted here recently…a Mr. Radnor Rok,” said Norman.

“I’m afraid not…because he has…er…passed on,” said Teong, “the cause is still unknown but the official report is a heart attack. But what has it gotta do with you?”

“Remember that order we participated about a decade ago, I believe that it’s starting again…and this time, it’s for real,” said Norman.

“Then we must call the others,” said Teong.

“Very well, we will be in touch then,” said Norman as he left.

Later in the night, Clair was resting in her basement with Mind Master floating around her.

“Buzzz-beep-beep…” screeched Mind Master.

“You can feel something about tomorrow, so do I. It’s as though something big is coming my way by then…but who will be my opponent?” said Clair, “I know nothing about that match…just that there will be one & I’m in it.”

“Beep-beep-buzz,” screeched Mind Master.

“Yeah, guess we will just have to see tomorrow,” said Clair, “wish me luck & good night.”

However, Clair was having nightmares the whole time during her sleep. She dreamt of herself being chained & was only wearing 2 rag pieces that covered her top & bottom deep within darkness. There was maniacal laughter & glowing red eyes everywhere. She was experiencing all sorts of pain throughout her body.

Card of the Day

Dark End Dragon

DARK/Dragon-Synchro/LV 8/ATK 2600/DEF 2100

1 Tuner + 1 or more DARK non-Tuner monsters

Once per turn, you can decrease this card's ATK and DEF by 500 to send 1 monster your opponent controls to the Graveyard.

Marin: Today’s Card is none other than 1 of my deck’s 2 highlights, the Dark End Dragon! I can weaken him so that I can send 1 of my foe’s monster’s to the graveyard. This creature also has its counterpart which is this card’s direct opposite, but I’ll explain that next time…

[spoiler=Next Chapter]

Info on Next Chapter

Clair: Tomorrow I had to duel someone who had requested for me in a last-minute decision. This match was strange & irregular, so who could it be…Dox, Marco, or Monty? Next on Yu-Gi-Oh Key of the Mind-Ch 25-Dark Day! Is this a dream come true or a nightmare gone worse?

wow just wow' date=' this is probably your best chapter yet. So Marin is starting to doubt the Overmind, maybe he'll be the one to defeat him o_O

[/quote']

maybe...you'll just have to see it for yourself

one less demon in the world, and more seeds of rebellion within the Overmind's ranks. Something is going on, that's for sure.

Who will Clair due, who? I'll vote Marco for now.

Anyway, good job

You will never guess who I'm choosing...

wow just wow' date=' this is probably your best chapter yet. So Marin is starting to doubt the Overmind, maybe he'll be the one to defeat him o_O

[/quote']

one less demon in the world, and more seeds of rebellion within the Overmind's ranks. Something is going on, that's for sure.

Anyway, good job

I guess that it will be Noland

[/quote']

Anyway, good job

I guess that it will be Noland

guessed it,expect his deck to come

Ch 25-Dark Day

Ch 25-Dark Day

During the morning of the next day, Clair was having problems staying awake due to her nightmares last night. She was sitting in the couch & drank some coffee pills to keep her awake. Mind Master appeared beside her.

“Beep-beep-beep!” screeched the Mind Master.

“I know that it was just a dream, but it feels so real somehow!” said Clair.

“Buuuuuzzzzzz-beep!” cried Mind Master.

Clair looked at her Extra Deck where she kept her Synchro Monsters there. She paid attention to the Astral Plane Dragon, which suddenly glowed upon her a soothing light. After the bath of light, Clair grew energetic again.

“Thank you, guys,” said Clair as she finally relaxed herself.

Just then, Curtis came down to see Clair.

“Hope I’m not disturbing you,” said Curtis, “come up for breakfast now.”

“Yah,” replied Clair as she kept her Extra Deck & followed Curtis up.

Later on, in the Pro League Main Building, MC Ben was preparing some paperwork with Noland, who was sitting opposite him.

“So why have you chosen Clair Kinet out of all people we could possibly select?” asked Benjamin.

“She’s a powerful individual who uses the Psychic-Type Monsters,” said Noland, “and there’s something about her deck & her last name that’s so familiar…”

“You still remembered that duel about a decade ago,” said Benjamin, “it was never an official match & it was interrupted anyway.”

“Yeah, but until I resolved this duel, I will not lay down my deck,” said Noland, “that’s why I still duel…despite of my health.”

“Ah…” sighed Benjamin, “knowing you, you would never let a duel go unfinished. If that can settle your weary heart, then go for it.”

“By the way, have you bought that place yet?” asked Noland.

“Done, that place is all set & ready for your duel,” said Benjamin confidently.

Noland smiled at his old friend & left the room. Along the way, he took out his deck & looked at it.

“This time, we will truly win,” muttered Noland as he walked.

Later on, at 11.30 am, Clair came outside…armed with a Duel Disk & her deck all loaded in it. Penny & her family all looked out to see her off. Clair waved back at them & she looked out to the streets for the transport that was pre-arranged. In a matter of moments, a long black limousine drove up to the neighborhood. It then stopped directly in front of Clair & the driver looked out to face Clair. The driver was wearing sunglasses & was apparently quite old for his age.

“Excuse me, miss, but are you Miss Clair Kinet?” asked the driver in a polite & gentlemanly demeanor.

“Yes, are you taking me to the Mystery Duel?” asked Clair.

“Yes, milady. If you simply step inside,” said the driver as the car door automatically opened, in which Clair walked inside & the limousine drove off.

Unbeknownst to everyone, they were actually being watched by the Overmind & his minions.

“With Clair gone temporarily, I can enact a new plan that shall grant me further victory,” said the Overmind, “Dario, get a Syntho-Daemon with you & then deal with anyone who is in your way. I must have the entire family alive.”

“It shall be done, my Lord,” said Dario as he left.

Along the way, Clair was talking to the driver about her duel.

“So do you have any idea about my opponent?” asked Clair.

“I’m sorry, miss, but the entire staff had received Chairman Benjamin Booner’s direct orders not to reveal any detail regarding this duel,” replied the driver.

“Benjamin Booner? As in the MC?” asked Clair.

“Indeed,” said the driver, “When he first entered this job, he started out as a MC before he scaled up the corporate ladder to its Chairman. Still to this day, he would announce a duel because that’s how he likes it to be. Oh, we have arrived at our destination & on time, no less.”

Clair quickly went outside to see where she is & was shocked to find out that she was near Warehouse 13, a place of memories not too fond of.

“Warehouse 13!” exclaimed Clair.

“Yes, that’s where we will be dueling,” said a familiar voice.

Clair looked around & saw Noland, but his image was flicking off somehow.

“Noland…is that you?” asked Clair, “and what do you mean by ‘we’?”

“For your first question, this is only a hologram courtesy of Kaiba Corp,” answered Noland, “as for the latter, you & I shall duel each other here & now.”

“Yes, and now follow me,” said the driver as he opened the main gate of Warehouse 13, in which Clair followed as the holo-Noland disappeared.

Clair & the driver then walked deep inside Warehouse 13, which still retained its old filthy appearance. However, it was somewhat different. They then stopped by a lift shaft.

“And now, Miss Kinet, please step in,” said the driver.

Clair stepped inside the lift & it slid shut with a transparent glass wall & went up by itself. It then suddenly stopped halfway with the glass wall still there. There were several other automated cameras & spotlights all around the area. Suddenly, MC Ben’s usually loud & booming voice echoed throughout the area.

“Everybody, listen!” yelled MC Ben, “This is MC Ben & firstly, I am sad to say that due to unforeseen circumstances, Radnor Rok had just recently passed away. But fear not, for we have a backup. Under request of Noland Blight, the other party, we give you the mystifying, amazing, miraculous…Clair Kinet!”

Several spotlights then shone on Clair & some cameras faced Clair. Clair was simply waved at the cameras.

“And let me present to you a duelist of the highest & finest caliber & skills in all of Oregeorgia, an old soul whose blood still boils with the ever-lasting flames that shall render him immortal, I give you our local King of Games…Noland Blight!”

Another lift shaft sped up to a height equal to that of Clair’s. As it stopped, Clair saw that Noland was indeed in it. Noland himself was wearing a Duel Coat, a variation of the Duel Disk that extended all the way to the user’s body. Clair was amazed of such a device since it was only distributed by the top Duel Monster companies.

“And these 2 shall dunk it all out in my new Duel Arena built recently in the formerly-abandoned Warehouse 13!” cried MC Ben, “Due to the heavy modifications made by my renovation team, we have converted this place into a Duel Arena with automated cameras & spotlights. And without further bragging, duelists, prepare to duel!”

As such, both of them immediately activated their Duel Disks or Coat. Clair drew out her opening hand, where else Noland’s Duel Coat automatically ejected 5 cards to his hands.

“No matter the Duel Coat is so well sought after!” said Clair, “but the weapon proves nothing.”

Meanwhile, Penny & Curtis were hogging over the remote for their own purposes when they had just tuned into the network where Clair was dueling against…Noland Blight.

“Hmm…so she will be dueling Noland, eh,” said Curtis snidely, “she will be pulverized by him. I’m going to like watching this.”

“Oh, shut up!” yelled Penny, “I’m watching this!”

Noland (LP: 4000) Clair (LP: 4000)

Noland (LP: 4000) Clair (LP: 4000)

“Between this climactic showdown between a successful newbie & an old king, who shall win?” shouted MC Ben, “Since I’m so kind, I will let the junior go first.”

“Thanks, Ben! I draw,” said Clair, “and I will summon my Power Injector in Attack Mode.” (ATK; 1300)

The patchwork monster with 2 barrels appeared afloat in the space between Clair & Noland. The creature moaned eerily upon its summoning.

“And I place 1 card face-down. End turn,” said Clair as 1 face-down was placed.

“Good move, but it’s mine now,” said Noland calmly as a card slid to his hand, “I summon a noble knight who serves a realm of ultimate & pure darkness…Come forth, Dark World’s Knight Zure!” (ATK: 1800)

He placed the card onto his Duel Coat & a blue fiend with a vaguely knightly design appeared & held a sword that was of the same colour scheme.

“Now I play the Continuous Spell Cards called Card of Safe Return,” said Noland as the Spell Card appeared, ‘if that’s not all, I activate the Field Spell Card Dark World Arena.”

The whole area then suddenly transformed into a huge dome-shaped arena.

“Wow! Noland had just played the Field Spell Dark World Arena! It’s the perfect field for bloody battles!” exclaimed MC Ben, “with this card, all Monsters in Attack Mode must battle and…”

“Don’t spoil the surprise just yet;” said Noland, “and now, Zure, attack your Frankenstein Monster wannabe with his Azure Blade!”

Zure rushed at Power Injector & slashed him in half.

Noland (LP: 4000) Clair (LP: 3500)

Noland (LP: 4000) Clair (LP: 3500)

“And now, for the effect of my Dark World Arena,” said Noland as he pointed at the card, “I’m sure that you have heard from a wise man that war will always lead to loss on both sides. This card holds the same philosophy for after a Battle Phase where we had declared an attack, the turn player must discard 1 card for every time that has been done …and I pick this one.”

Noland took a card from his hand & showed it to Clair. A camera zoomed in at the card.

“Oh my God! Noland has just discarded Bak, Archer of Dark World,” exclaimed MC Ben, “which means Clair will take 1000 points of damage!”

The apparition form of a skinny black fiend who carried an arrow set appeared on Noland’s side of the field. The apparition armed its arrow & shot it at Clair.

Noland (LP: 4000) Clair (LP: 2500)

Noland (LP: 4000) Clair (LP: 2500)

“And I set 1 face-down card & turn my end,” said Noland as he slid the card onto his Duel Coat.

“Wow! Noland had just given that girl a royal pounding right off the bat,” remarked Curtis, “I’m gonna enjoy this.”

“Ah!!! Just only his first turn alone & Noland’s already shown her no mercy at all!” cried MC Ben, “will Clair return that burning strikes? Only time can tell as we move on to her turn.”

Clair simply drew out her next card, signifying the beginning of her turn.

“I summon the Tuner Monster Necro Puppeteer,” (ATK: 400) said Clair.

Then, a small humanoid creature in a jester outfit appeared. Its entire body was also seemingly patched up together & it had several metallic pieces attached onto it, with 2 metal rods on its back.

“I use my Necro Puppeteer’s effect,” said Clair, “by paying 800 Life Points, I can revive a monster in my graveyard, but its effect will be negated & it cannot attack this turn.”

“Can you make a guess as to this new monster’s identity?” cried MC Ben, “Well, there’s only one possible choice & it’s…”

“My Power Injector!” continued Clair as Power Injector reappeared in a spark of electricity that Necro Puppeteer had generated. (ATK: 1300)

Noland (LP: 4000) Clair (LP: 1700)

Noland (LP: 4000) Clair (LP: 1700)

“But what is that for?” questioned Layla, “It can’t attack at all now.”

“Isn’t it obvious?” said Penny & Curtis.

“So you are Synchro Summoning now, are you?” said Noland calmly.

“Yup, but first I will play my Trap Card, Psychic Rejuvenation,” said Clair, “which means I can gain 1000 points for each & every Psychic Monster on the field.”

“With 2 monsters, that makes it 2000!” claimed MC Ben.

Noland (LP: 4000) Clair (LP: 3700)

Noland (LP: 4000) Clair (LP: 3700)

“And now I tune the Level 4 Power Injector with my Level 1 Necro Puppeteer!” cried Clair, “Ancient magic & distant technology combine as 1 force to lead a path straight to the stars. Soul of silicon, align into existence. Synchro Summon, Magical Android!” (ATK: 2400)

Necro Puppeteer cackled as it shot up as a single ring of light that passed through Power Injector. Power Injector was also disappearing, leaving only 4 stars. A beam of white light shone upon the area as the Magical Android appeared from the light.

“Attack Zure with your Mystical Cyber Blast!” ordered Clair.

Magical Android raised his staff & a green blast shot out of it to blast Zure into oblivion.

Noland (LP: 3400) Clair (LP: 3700)

Noland (LP: 3400) Clair (LP: 3700)

“In a complicated combination, Clair is now in the lead of this game, but we can never be too sure on that!” said MC Ben.

“I activate my face-down card, Resource Loss,” said Noland as the card, which showed 2 guards confiscating a chest from a peasant, flipped open, “when you had just destroyed my monster, I have to discard cards from my hand for every 500 points of damage I had taken & any remaining value doesn’t count. In this case, I discard just 1 card & that would be my Sillva, Warlord of Dark World. Should he be discarded, I can revive him at this moment.” (ATK: 2300)

Noland discarded Sillva & a silver colored demon holding 2 silver daggers appeared onto the field.

“Not to mention that I can draw a card due to a summoning from my graveyard,” said Noland as hedrew a card, “And now that you have passed your Battle Phase with a fight, you must discard a card from your hand.”

Clair looked at her hand & discarded Mind Protector to the graveyard.

“I set one card & that’s it,” said Clair as she set Synchro Strike, “and my Android’s effect allows me to gain some points back.”

[align=center]

Noland (LP: 3400) Clair (LP: 4200)[/align]

“If he tries anything that will make his Sillva stronger than my Android, this card will take out his Life Points out,” thought Clair.

“Then it’s my turn now!” said Noland, “and I play my Dark World Lightning to destroy a face-down card like the one you had.”

Suddenly, a blast of lightning shot out of the card image & destroyed the face-down Synchro Strike.

“Damn it!” cursed Clair.

“What a loss for Clair!” exclaimed MC Ben, “If Synchro Strike remained on the field, then Magical Android would be strengthened by 1000 points.”

“Now for part 2 of this lovely card, I can discard another card & this one is Broww, Huntsman of Dark World. As a bonus, when he is discarded like that, I can draw another card,” said Noland as he quickly discarded Broww & draw a new card, which was a Trap Card, “now I play Shrink to weaken your monster.”

Magical Android groaned as he shrunk in size. (ATK: 2400~1200)

“Now that I have the stronger monster, it makes sense that I attack now. Silver Dagger Slash!” yelled Noland as Sillva slashed Magical Android.

Noland (LP: 3400) Clair (LP: 3100)

Noland (LP: 3400) Clair (LP: 3100)

“Now that I had attacked just now, I must discard a card, said Noland, “namely Sillva’s partner in crime, Goldd the Wu-Lord!” (ATK: 2300)

As such, another giant fiend appeared. It was about the same size as Sillva & it was gold in colour. It carried a huge golden axe with it.

“And I place 2 cards face-down & end my turn,” said Noland.

“Outstanding! Just when we thought Clair took the lead, Noland strikes back with his Dark World Army!” exclaimed MC Ben, “whatever will our dear Clair do in this situation?”

“But honestly, Noland’s trying too hard this time,” thought Ben, “she’s just a girl who has the same deck as the man who nearly beat him 10 years ago, even if that deck is 1-of-kind.”

“My turn,” said Clair as she drew.

“I play my 2 Trap Cards now,” announced Norman, “Magical Thorn & Bad Reaction to Simochi!”

The 2 Trap Cards immediately opened up.

“No way! Magical Thorn can inflict damage to the opponent for just discarding cards from the hand, which is now inevitable due to Dark World Arena’s effect!” cried MC Ben, “and Bad Reaction to Simochi can reverse all Life Point gaining effects, which will effectively stop any of Clair’s attempt to regain Life Points. She’s as good as a trapped rat.”

“Heh-heh-heh, look at Clair being pummeled by those fiends,” said Curtis.

“But I’m sure that Clair will find a way out,” said Penny, “I just know it.”

“Be more realistic, sis. Clair cannot regain Life Points & will take more damage from either battling or Magical Thorn’s effect,” said Curtis, “she’s truly doomed.”

Clair could only stare at her hand as she was trapped inside a lock where she could not do much…

Card of the Day

Dark World Arena

Field Spell

All face-up Monsters that are in Attack Position must battle during the Battle Phase of their controller’s turn. After a Battle Phase where a Monster had inflicted Battle Damage on the opponent, the controller of the attacking Monster must discard 1 card for every time you had declared an attack.

Noland: The Card of the Day is my Dark World Arena Field Spell. War shall always bring forth loss on both sides. In other words, this card forces the person who declared an attack have to discard a card when Battle Damage is dealt. Usually, it would be a torture for both players, but my Dark World Monsters thrive on being discarded.

[spoiler=Next Chapter]

Info on Next Chapter

Clair: I am dealing with Duel King of Oregeorgia, Noland Blight, who duels with a strange desire to settle something in his heart…

MC Ben: Here it comes! 1 of the most powerful creatures that lurk deep within Noland’s deck!

Curtis: Say, this is what I call good television. Next on Yu-Gi-Oh Key of the Mind-Ch 26-Dark Day Part II!

Noland: Now with my Ace all ready to go, let’s see who had really won back then.

Heh' date=' all pain, no gain. This duel is in Nolan's favor. Where is "Heavy Storm" when you need it hey?

I like the custom cards tossed in.

So yeah, not much more to say.

[/quote']

I always thought of a field spell support for the dark worlds

wow that's one intense duel' date=' and i'm guessing that the guy who almost beat Noland was Clair's father.

[/quote']

oh yes,now you know where Clair got that deck from...but there's still somethings you won't know until I put it right in your face...

wow that's one intense duel' date=' and i'm guessing that the guy who almost beat Noland was Clair's father.

[/quote']

oh yes,now you know where Clair got that deck from...but there's still somethings you won't know until I put it right in your face...

that clair's dad is still alive and is working for the overmind :)

[/quote']

Or maybe IS the Overmind, wouldn't that be a plot twist?

[/quote']

Or maybe IS the Overmind, wouldn't that be a plot twist?

As to both of your theories, I will not say anything & keep my mouth shut

You will have to see it for yourselves...

Archived