Yu-Gi-Oh Key of the Mind (FINISHED)

Wyhe

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ch 17-Darkest Hour

Ch 17-Darkest Hour

Norman grinned as he looked at the mask & carefully studied it. It was seemingly silver & metallic in appearance & a jewel of some sort attached onto the forehead. There were 2 holes on it. 1 was obviously the eyehole as it was small & triangular, while the other was wider & filled up nearly half of the mask.

“This is obviously the same mask Adam wore during his duel with Marco. He was practically holding onto that spot after the duel,” muttered Norman as he stashed it away & walked off.

Unbeknownst to him, Blake was looking out over a window.

“He shall be eliminated, as to my Lord’s request,” said Blake as he looked into the darkening sky & vanished into the shadows silently.

Meanwhile, Clair was still running towards an unknown direction to find Norman, who might be in danger. Clair stopped for a while in exhaustion, but she felt something in her gut…

Clair was some sort of desert area. It was practically empty, save for a huge gate that could be seen over the horizon. There were 2 men near the gate. 1of them was blond & wearing an over-decorated blue uniform. His hair made him seemingly a female at first glance, but Clair knew better about his identity, Dr. Crowler of Duel Academy. The other man wore an outfit that was utterly black. He had a painful expression & was gripping onto his chest, as if it were in great pain .Clair also recognized the man as Zane Truesdale, the brother of famous Pro-duelist Syrus Truesdale. Suddenly, another man appeared into the scene. He had blue hair & wore a purple outfit. His eyes had a malicious look on it as he stared at Zane.

“Duel!” both Zane & his opponent yelled.

Clair snapped out of her daze & proceeded to run again.

“Gotta find Norman!” muttered Clair as she ran.

Norman left the station & proceeded to his car, which was parked nearby. However, a blast of darkness suddenly fired towards Norman. Fortunately, Norman felt it in time & had dodged away from it with sharp reflex skills. Only the ground where he once stood was left burnt with smoke rising from it.

“Who is it!” demanded Norman as he turned in all directions, “Show yourself, you snake!”

“Now, now, let’s not get nasty…yet,” said a voice that came from nowhere.

Suddenly, Blake appeared from the shadows as if he were part of the surrounding darkness.

“How on earth did you...” Norman exclaimed in a startled state, “no…wait…you’re a Psychic, yes?”

“How observant & clever you are,” said Blake dryly as he clapped his hands lightly, “or rather too clever for your own good. I am Blake Dynn, the Knight of Shadows!”

“Another knight!” exclaimed Norman as he heard the title, “so, you’re with the Overmind.”

“Indeed, I would never understand how His Highness would see a common normy such as yourself as a threat that he would send Marin to deal with you,” said Blake, “but enough of that, you must be eliminated for our plans to set bloom.”

A wing of some kind stretched out of Blake’s left gauntlet & formed into a shape similar to a Duel Disk. Meanwhile, Norman saw that & activated his own Compact Disk.

“Duel!” yelled both of them.

[align=center]

Blake (LP: 4000) Norman (LP: 4000)[/align]

“I’ll go first,” said Blake as he drew a card, which was a Trap Card showing a shadowed dragon over a rainbow.

“I could use this soon,” thought Blake.

“I play the Spell Card of Terraforming,” said Blake as the card appeared, “with this card; I can add a Field Spell to my hand without breaking a sweat.”

“Better be careful, a Field Spell is usually quite deadly…” thought Norman as his face showed his worry.

“Ever seen yourself in a mirror lately because you look so stressed up over this card here,” mocked Blake as he held up the card he got from Terraforming’s effect, “tell you what, since I’m in a good mood this evening, I shall play it right away.”

He turned the card around & revealed it to depict a blue rune circle in the background & a shadowed serpentine dragon in the foreground. He then placed it onto a newly-opened side-slot in the far end of his Duel Disk. After which, that same rune circle appeared underneath Blake & soon enlarged to contain the entire field.

“What…what…is…this?” demanded Norman, startled at the Field Spell’s activation.

“Oh this! Just my Field Spell, Advanced Dark,” said Blake as he snickered.

“Advanced Dark! Never heard of it,” said Norman blankly.

“Let me tell you a story that His Greatness once told me when I was granted this card. This card was once made by a powerful Duel Spirit long ago who wished to recreate all of existence itself. To that end, it had corrupted & enslaved a powerful group of Duel Spirits & their owner & it’s all thanks to this card,” said Blake, “I will just summon something that you will break a nerve over…Crystal Beast Cobalt Eagle.” (ATK: 1200)

A cobalt jewel appeared on the field, and then it suddenly broke in a burst of darkness. In the broken gem’s place was a brown eagle with cobalt gems on the underside of its wings. But, a dark aura surrounded Cobalt Eagle & it grew more feral-looking. It cawed at Norman in a blood lusty manner.

“A Crystal Beast! But how!” exclaimed Norman as he looked at the transformed monster, “And why it ended up like that?”

“His Supremeness has many sources in which any card in the entire game can be easily acquired such as the exotic Crystal Beasts that was first used by Jesse Anderson of North Academy. Furthermore, the magic of Advanced Dark had enslaved Cobalt Eagle & transformed him to a Dark monster, but I can guarantee you that there’s so much more…” explained Blake, “I end my turn with a face-down card.”

“Thought you would never finish,” said Norman as he drew, “I summon Google Golem to the field in ATK mode!” (ATK: 1500)

Then, a stone golem appeared onto the field. Its hands were stubbed with various metal nails. As its name suggested, it wore a pair of dark goggles on it.

“Seeing that he is the stronger one here, it will make sense to attack now. Go, Google Fist!” commanded Norman as Google Golem raised its stubbed hand & punched Amethyst Cat.

“Ha! Allow me to demonstrate the powers of my Advanced Dark here & now,” declared Blake as he took his deck out of the deck holder to search for a card.

He then held it up for Norman to see, it was an Effect Monster that depicted a green tortoise whose shell & some parts of its face were emerald crystals.

“Whenever my Crystal Beasts battle, I can send another Crystal Beast like my Emerald Tortoise here from the deck to the graveyard & all battle damage is zeroed out,” said Blake as he discarded the Emerald Tortoise card & Cobalt Eagle glowed with a green aura as Google Golem attacked her. Cobalt Eagle was destroyed as soon as the attack connected, but Blake was shielded from it. Then, a raw cobalt crystal appeared onto the field.

“As you might know by now, should a Crystal Beast be destroyed & on its way to the graveyard, it is preserved inside a crystal where it rests until needed again,” said Blake.

“Like you, I place a face-down card also,” said Norman as the hidden card appeared.

“My turn,” said Blake, “and I summon another Crystal Beast called the Sapphire Pegasus!” (ATK: 1800)

A sapphire crystal appeared before breaking apart, exposing a winged horse with sapphire gems on his 2 wings. It had neighed in pain as Advanced Dark brainwashed it into a darker version of himself.

“Makes me wonder sometimes…why Jesse never used this card himself…”pondered Blake, “it’s so useful.”

“Maybe because it is forcefully controlling the Crystal Beasts & those effects are downright immoral!” snapped Norman, “saving your own worthless skin for the price of another’s live, it’s so disgusting!”

“You can’t succeed without awareness of sacrifices,” said Blake, “now for my monster’s special ability, I can now place a Crystal Beast in its crystal from onto my field & I choose my Amber Mammoth.”

Sapphire Pegasus shot a blue blast & it materialized into a raw amber stone.

“I play Crystal Beacon!” said Blake, “with this card, I can summon a Crystal Beast from my deck when there are 2 in the back row already…like my Amethyst Cat!” (ATK: 1200)

An amethyst gemstone appeared & broke to become a pink cat with an amethyst plate on its chest plate.

“Now I attack with Sapphire Pegasus with his Sapphire Dark Horn!” yelled Blake as Sapphire Pegasus flew up & shot Google Golem with a dark blast from his horn.

“I activate my Trap Card, Ultimate Offering!” said Norman.

“During my Battle Phase, you can Normal Summon a Monster by paying 500 Life Points;” claimed Blake relaxingly, “summon all the monsters you want because they won’t help you at all.”

“Actually I’m going to do this differently; I pay 500 Life Points to use Ultimate Offering…”said Norman as his Google Golem glowed, “to summon the Google Golem that is already on the field.”

Blake (LP: 4000) Norman (LP: 3500)

Blake (LP: 4000) Norman (LP: 3500)

“What! You can’t summon something that’s already summoned!” exclaimed Blake, who was dumbfounded by such a move.

“On the contrary, my Google Golem is part of a group of monsters called the Gemini Monsters,” explained Norman, “under normal conditions; they are just simply plain old Normal Monsters. However, I can summon them a second time to unleash their true powers, which I admit that they are powerful.”

“So you ditch your worthless vanilla for some even more worthless sheet!” mocked Blake as he laughed alone in the serene darkness.

“My Google Golem’s true strength has been unlocked & its original Attack value is now 2100,” said Norman as Google Golem glowed even brighter. (ATK: 1500~2100)

Google Golem then charged at Sapphire Pegasus for a counter-attack & hit it. But, it was covered by a red aura. Then, a raw sapphire crystal was left behind.

“Have you forgotten about Advanced Dark?” wondered Blake as he discarded an Effect Monster called Crystal Beast Ruby Carbuncle, “I send a Crystal Beast like Ruby Carbuncle to my graveyard to negate all damage. But I can attack you with Amethyst Cat who can attack you directly, but I got other plans, therefore attack as per normal with Amethyst Dark Pounce!”

“What’s the deal with attacking with a weaker monster?” questioned Norman, “wait…your Advanced Dark…you can send a Crystal Beast to the graveyard and…”

“I’ve got the last one all ready…the Topaz Tiger,” finished Blake as he slid the card to the graveyard.

Amethyst Cat jumped at Google Golem for her attack, but it punched her back. Amethyst Cat was just then concealed in a yellow aura as it was attacking & subsequently destroyed. Like her comrades, a raw amethyst crystal replaced the destroyed monster.

“Perhaps you are wondering why I must do this,” inquired Blake.

“Tell me then,” replied Norman as he prepared for the worst.

“Norman!” yelled Clair, who just arrived in time.

“Clair! Stay back & let me handle him,” said Norman confidently.

“Like I was saying, I activate the Trap Card Rainbow Gravity!” shouted Blake as the card opened.

Clair stared at the newly-played card in a blanked daze.

“That card…there’s so much darkness in it…” thought Clair.

“With all 7 Crystal Beasts under my control on both field & grave, I can now summon their almighty leader!” said Blake as a massive stream of darkness erupted & it formed into a large serpentine dragon. (ATK: 4000)

It was exactly like the dragon in Clair’s vision. It was black with 7 dull & shining gems along its body length. It roared viciously as it appeared.

“No!” muttered Clair.

“But it is. Behold, my Rainbow Dark Dragon,” said Blake as he laughed.

Norman was dumbfounded as well & could only stare at the new-coming monster, which was over 30 feet high.

Card of the Day

Advanced Dark

Field Spell

All “Crystal Beast” monsters on the field & in the Graveyard are treated as DARK Monsters. When a “Crystal Beast” monster would be destroyed in battle, you can reduce all Battle Damage to 0 by sending 1 “Crystal Beast” monster from your Deck to your Graveyard. If a “Rainbow Dragon” or “Rainbow Dark Dragon” attacks, negate the effects of your opponent’s monsters. If this card is removed from the field, all “Crystal Beast” monsters are removed from play.

Blake: The Card of Today would be the Advanced Dark Field Spell Card. It was first said that a Duel Spirit used this card to corrupt the Crystal Beasts for its own use. By discarding a Crystal Beast, I can zero out all damage dealt hen another Crystal Beast has been destroyed. Furthermore, it has other powers associated with the Ultimate Crystal Lord.

[spoiler=Next Chapter]

Info on Next Chapter

Norman: This duel has truly become a fight for one’s life, not just a children’s card game anymore. I may not even be able to live through this ordeal, I just don’t know.

Clair: Fear not. You can still win this no matter what.

Blake: Fools! You can never win against destiny’s mandate! Next on Yu-Gi-Oh Key of the Mind-Ch.18-Darkest Hour Part II!

Norman: One last…draw…hope…it…it’s a good…one…

"Clair also recognized the man as Zane Truesdale, the brother of famous Pro-duelist Syrus Truesdale."

oh how the mighty have fallen, poor Zane...

Aahh well, it was a nice chapter. I didn't see Advanced Dark coming. Crystal Beasts yes, Advanced Dark no.

Still, Normal is already up again a 4000 point monster with an incredible effect, further added with the protection of "Advanced Dark", he is really in for it...

"So you ditch your worthless vanilla for some even more worthless s***!"

I resent that...

Anyway keep it up!

"Clair also recognized the man as Zane Truesdale' date=' the brother of famous Pro-duelist Syrus Truesdale."

oh how the mighty have fallen, poor Zane...

Aahh well, it was a nice chapter. I didn't see Advanced Dark coming. Crystal Beasts yes, Advanced Dark no.

Still, Normal is already up again a 4000 point monster with an incredible effect, further added with the protection of "Advanced Dark", he is really in for it...

"So you ditch your worthless vanilla for some even more worthless s***!"

I resent that...

Anyway keep it up!

[/quote']

AS FOR THAT LAST LINE, IT WAS DUE TO HOW i CONSIDER gEMINIS TO BE HARD TO USE

thanks for the various comments

Production note: I'm getting ch. 18 duel under way & will make it go out with a twisting bang

Sounds awesome!

oh, and btw. sorry if you thought i REALLY took offense to what Blake said, i forgot to add something to portray sarcasm or just joking around. Aahh well.

twisting bang hey... Heh heh heh.

Production note: I'm getting ch. 18 duel under way & will make it go out with a twisting bang

Sounds awesome!

oh' date=' and btw. sorry if you thought i REALLY took offense to what Blake said, i forgot to add something to portray sarcasm or just joking around. Aahh well.

[/quote']

Let me tell you something about Blake: He is downright insulting & known to make any crude comment whenever possible.

Sounds awesome!

oh' date=' and btw. sorry if you thought i REALLY took offense to what Blake said, i forgot to add something to portray sarcasm or just joking around. Aahh well.

[/quote']

Let me tell you something about Blake: He is downright insulting & known to make any crude comment whenever possible.

Trust me, you portray it well :).

Sounds awesome!

[/quote']

Trust me, you portray it well :).

thanks, I always did try to make an effort to portray a character's emotions a lot.

That would probably be one of my failings... EMOTION.

Probably because i try to steer clear of it most of the time. I try to add emotion, i really do. I just find it hard to STICK with it. In one way, i can say that the characters have "Depth" because they don't stick to one emotion, you can also look at it like i totally screwed them up.

That would probably be one of my failings... EMOTION.

Probably because i try to steer clear of it most of the time. I try to add emotion' date=' i really do. I just find it hard to STICK with it. In one way, i can say that the characters have "Depth" because they don't stick to one emotion, you can also look at it like i totally screwed them up.

[/quote']

don't worry,just try harder

You need to analyze emotions to know more about this stuff.

Heh' date=' thanks.

Speaking of my own fanfic... I got nothing to say on it.

Aahh well. All i can do is wonder... Will you give us any clues on the the Overmind's deck is like?

[/quote']

Ah...the Overmind...he's quite a complicated one,that he is...

I will tell you the Overmind once held a previous deck that he no longer uses & uses another deck which held the key to is ultimate plan...I'm not gonna to give details just yet...wait until then...

Heh, we could almost have a discussion thread about that.

Perhaps a similar deck to Clair's, perhaps a deck full of mind control cards like Snatch Steal, perhaps one based on complex rituals to summon unstoppable monsters. So many possibilities...

Ok, now that i've said that, i'll wait for the info to come to us.

Ch.18-Darkest Hour Part II

Ch.18-Darkest Hour Part II

Previously on Yu-Gi-Oh Key of the Mind

Norman was rushing to get more evidence of the Overmind’s future plans, but he was stopped by Blake, one of the Overmind’s Knights. Now, Norman’s up against something so powerful that its very presence could plunge the entire world into chaos…the Rainbow Dark Dragon…

Norman was dueling against the Knight of Shadow, Blake Dynn, who was sent by the Overmind to “take care” of him. Clair looked at the current situation grimly. Currently, Norman had his Goggle Golem with him & the Trap Card Ultimate Offering that allows a Second Summon. However, the duel was in Blake’s favor instead as his field consisted of the crystallized remains of Sapphire Pegasus, Cobalt Eagle, and Amethyst Cat & Amber Mammoth. The Advanced Dark Field Spell was still in power, surrounding the entire field as a spell circle. Norman & Clair was focusing on the newly-arrived monster, the Rainbow Dark Dragon. It was pitch-black with slight gold trims. Along its long & massive body were various crystals attached. Its menacing face showed no emotion, other than malice & the thirst for blood that even made Goggle Golem shudder at its presence. Clair felt woozy as her surroundings darkened…

Clair found herself to be in a burnt plain where a duel was going on apparently. On 1 side was a teenager who was brown-haired & wore a red blazer. Clair identified him as the great Jaden Yuki, who was said to be on the move for unknown reasons according to the mementoes of his friends’ biography. On the other side was an old man inside a life support unit. The old man himself was seemingly frail with a long white beard & wrinkled face. He was only wearing a simple loincloth with a liquid flowing around him. His unit had 2 claw mechanisms, which acted as his temporary arms with 1 of them holding a Duel Disk. Jaden had Elemental Hero Tempest on his side; where else his opponent had a large red serpentine dragon on his side.

“Not only is your Skyscraper obliterated, but this new field enables me to draw 2 additional cards every round…which gives me just enough to lay down 3 Spell Cards,” said the old man in a very deep tone.

“Huh? 3 Spells?” Jaden exclaimed, “Great!”

“I see. Despite your grades, you are a quick learner,” replied the old man, “Now I sacrifice these 3 Spell Cards to summon the second Sacred Beast.”

The 3 Spell Cards opened up & suddenly froze & shattered into ice shards that flew up to a distance & a giant ice pillar appeared. In moments, a giant monster broke free from the icy prison & screeched loudly.

“Amazed by the grace of my Corrupted Crystal Lord?” wondered Blake, whose words had awakened Clair, “Since I activated Rainbow Gravity during my Battle Phase, I can still attack. Dark Rainbow Refraction!” commanded Blake as Rainbow Dark Dragon unleashed a multi-colored blast of darkness from its mouth & obliterated Google Golem with a blast.

Norman took a great hit as he was practically scorched by that attack, as if it were real damage.

“Norman!” yelled Clair.

[align=center]

Blake (LP: 4000) Norman (LP: 1000)[/align]

“Why did I lose that much Life Points?” pondered Norman.

“Because of Advanced Dark, when my Dragon attacks, all other monster effects are negated including your Golem’s effect to have a higher attack points,” explained Blake.

“Just one turn & Norman’s already hanging by the skin of his own teeth already,” said Clair, “what kind of power that guy holds?”

“I place 1 card face-down to end things & you can take it from here…if you can,” said Blake slyly as he set the card.

“Draw!” said Norman as he looked at the card, which brought him relieve.

“I summon Future Samurai in ATK Mode!” said Norman as a cybernetic samurai appeared & banished his sword with pride, (ATK: 1600) “and I use Ultimate Offering to Second Summon him for his true power.”

Blake (LP: 4000) Norman (LP: 500)

Blake (LP: 4000) Norman (LP: 500)

“Huh?” asked Clair, who was unclear on the Gemini Monsters herself.

“For your benefit, I am using the Gemini Monsters, who can be Second Summoned for their effects to be activated,” explained Norman, “and my Samurai’s effect is quite handy. By removing 1 monster in my graveyard, I can destroy another monster on the field. So say sayonara to your Dragon, Time-Wrap Slash!”

He kept the Google Golem card in his pocket as his Future Samurai slashed the air with his sword that caused a powerful ripple in the air that struck Rainbow Dark Dragon. However, Rainbow Dark Dragon had suddenly vanished into thin air in a manner similar to how its master did it too. Afterwards, Rainbow Dark Dragon reappeared again in all its malicious glory.

“I was expecting that kind of stunt, so I came in prepared,” said Blake while taking a card out of his graveyard slot, “I had played Dark Illusion, which saves my Dragon from your Samurai’s blade. You should get a knight to slay a dragon instead; your Samurai stands no chance against my dragon.”

“Not funny,” Norman said, “I place 2 cards face-down as my final move.”

“And that will be your last turn because I will crush you hard this turn,” said Blake as he drew his card, “I play Rare Value. It means that you can send 1 crystal to the graveyard, while I can draw 2 cards. So who’s the unlucky one then?”

“He’s clearing space for his cards, that’s his main plan,” assumed Clair.

“Let’s see now. Sapphire Pegasus & Cobalt Eagle are useless now, Amethyst Cat might be useful to him, but that Amber Mammoth…” thought Norman.

“Make up your mind, gramps!” yelled Blake mockingly.

“I pick…the Amber Mammoth crystal,” declared Norman as the amber gems shattered & Blake drew 2 cards.

“That guy probably got a face-down that will stop my dragon, but I came in prepared…” thought Blake as he looked at his new hand.

“Wanna see what I’ve got thanks to you. I’ll show you by summoning the Obsidian Dragon in ATK Mode.” (ATK: 800)

A dark stone craved in the shape of a small baby dragon appeared onto the field.

“This guy can negate any Spell or Trap Card you used on my DARK Monsters,” said Blake, “I activate Rainbow Dark Dragon’s effect & remove every DARK Monster on my side of the field & in the graveyard so that it gains 500 ATK for each of them.”

“But there aren’t any DARK Monsters other than Obsidian Dragon there,” stated Clair.

“Advanced Dark turns all Crystal Beasts on the field & in the graveyard into DARK Monsters,” said Norman.

“Yup & I remove Amber Mammoth, Topaz Tiger, Ruby Carbuncle & Emerald Tortoise from play to strength my Dragon,” Blake said as Rainbow Dark Dragon glowed a purple glow, (ATK: 4000~6000) “Attack with Dark Rainbow Refraction!”

Rainbow Dark Dragon then generated its attack & proceeded to aim at Future Samurai.

“I play the Trap Card, Duck in Cover,” said Norman as the card opened, showing a Petit Dragon hiding in a ditch, while a Marauding Captain confronted with a Shadowknight Archfiend, “when your monster attacks my monster that is ATK Mode, this card can turn it into Defense Mode.”

Future Samurai knelt with his sword placed in a protective stance. (DEF: 1200)

“But my Dragon will still destroy it nonetheless & Obsidian Dragon will crush afterwards,” said Blake as Rainbow Dark Dragon destroyed Future Samurai.

“I activate the Trap Card called Gemini Trap Hole!” said Norman as the card opened, “Since a Gemini Monster that had been Second Summoned as an Effect Monster has been destroyed in battle, and every 1 of your monsters on the field are destroyed as well.”

“But doesn’t Obsidian Dragon prevent that?” wondered Clair.

“Only if the effect in question actually targets!” exclaimed Blake, who was actually worried himself for once.

From the spot where Future Samurai was destroyed, a swirling vortex appeared & it sucked both Rainbow Dark Dragon & Obsidian Dragon into it. Both monsters tried to flee from the vortex, but the polarity was too strong for them & they disappeared in it. Their roars were heard one last time, but they seemed more like cries of despair.

“Rainbow Dark…it seems to…be in pain…somehow…”murmured Clair as she witnessed the scene.

“If you think you’ve won just because Rainbow Dark Dragon is gone, well you’re very wrong,” snapped Blake, “I will use the other card I’ve drawn now. It’s such a powerful monster that even my master had difficulty with its creation. Legends claim of 3 powerful creatures of chaos that represented the searing flames of Hell, terrifying phantasms that represent the Devil himself & fast-striking thunders of the Heavens. They were so powerful that their very presence would instantly drain off every trace of Duel Energy clean & dry. Now, I will show 1 of these 3 legendary creatures to you by sending my 3 remaining crystals that are treated as Continuous Spell Cards to the graveyard!”

The 3 crystals froze into ice & then shattered into shards. The shards then flew up to merge together as a giant ice pillar as the skies darkened.

“He can’t be!” exclaimed Clair, who recalled that precise summoning condition.

“But I am, I call forth…the Lord of Striking Thunder, Hamon!” yelled Blake as blue lightning struck the ice pillar & shattered it. In its place was a titanic flying yellow demon, whose appearance was remarkably similar to that of Ra’s. It let out a loud piercing screech across the air, (ATK: 4000) “Embrace yourself…for you’ve now come to face…the storm!” said Blake maliciously.

“Oh great! Norman had just finished Rainbow Dark Dragon, only to deal with a Sacred Beast!” exclaimed Clair.

Blake was smiling sinisterly, but his surroundings grew fainter…and the image of the Overmind appeared in front of him, staring at him with cold eyes.

“Blake, set the card on the far right of your hand now,” said the Overmind coldly.

“Why, I can handle still,” protested Blake.

However, the Overmind simply took the card himself & slid it to a slot in his Duel Disk.

Blake returned to his full conscious & was shocked as he noticed that a face-down card was mysteriously placed onto his side of the field & the card that was supposed to be in the far right of his hand was gone.

“The Overmind went in his mind & set that card for him, but for what…” thought Clair as her eyes glowed, which signified the usage of her powers.

“So your turn ends now since Hamon can’t attack,” said Norman as he drew & smiled at his card drawn.

At this moment, Blake’s eyes went blank & his body slumped & curved around.

“I activate face-down card Ring of Destruction,” said Blake monotonously & in a way that was unlike him.

“But that card will destroy Hamon & we will both…” exclaimed Norman, but it was too late.

A ring of grenades was attached to Hamon’s neck & exploded at that moment, creating a big explosion that blew everyone there.

Blake (LP: 0) Norman (LP: 0)

Blake (LP: 0) Norman (LP: 0)

Norman was safely protected by Clair’s astral shield which protected both of them from harm.

“Lose…”continued Norman, “but Clair, is that force field really necessary?”

“All that damage in the damage was real,” said Clair, “I could sense that. That Blake-fella must have the power to convert Battle & Effect Damage into real damage.”

They looked around for Blake, but he mysteriously vanished into thin air.

“Maybe the explosion blew him apart,” joked Norman.

“Or maybe it was something else…like the Overmind…” murmured Clair as she gazed into the sky, where something was calling to her.

Later on, there was tension rising in the Overmind’s Headquarters. Blake was talking with the Overmind inside the main hall where Blake was having an anger fit over what happened. Marin in his knight armor, Gethin in his cloak& another person wrapped in dark cloak were watching the whole thing.

“My lord, I could take him out!” complained Blake furiously, “even if he summons something to defend me, Hamon’s effect will surely destroy him! So why did you…”

The Overmind raised his hand & Blake was tossed to the other side of the hall.

“If you wished to know what Norman drew, I will show you,” said the Overmind as he formed an energy orb that expanded & projected Norman himself during the duel, “now, look closely at his last hand.”

As such, Blake took a fine look at his hand. The card on his right hand made Blake shocked. It was a Trap Card, with the images of 2 cylinders.

“That’s Magic Cylinder!” exclaimed Blake, who was terrified immediately, “if he sets that & I attack with Hamon, then I…”

“Will lose the duel for you & a well employee for me,” continued the Overmind, “do you understand now?”

“Yes & I shall take my leave,” said Blake as he left the hall with dissatisfaction in his heart.

“My Lord, shall I convert Blake’s rage into something…more useful…” said the cloaked person.

“Yes, Dario,” replied the Overmind.

“And I ask of your next step to your victory, my master?” said Marin.

“Send in that guy you knew back then,” said the Overmind, “he will do nicely & will put dear Clair to the test.”

“But knowing him, he will request a lot of money,” said Marin.

“Worry not, he can persuade him to drop the charge,” replied the Overmind, “but I need him to be on his own free will to truly test Clair for me.”

Card of the Day

Gemini Trap Hole

Normal Trap

Activate only when a Gemini Monster that has been Normal Summoned to be treated as an Effect Monster is destroyed by battle. Destroy all monsters your opponent controls.

Norman: Today’s card is none other than a card of my latest deck…the Gemini Trap Hole! It only works when a Gemini Monster whose powers are unleashed has been slain in battle. It creates a powerful vortex that blasts all your opponent’s monsters off the field. They won’t even know what hit them…

[spoiler=Next Chapter]

Info on Next Chapter

Clair: My life has been going great so far, though the issue with the Overmind hasn’t been a problem nowadays…

Unknown duellist: Clair Kinet, duel me now.

Clair: Who are you? Next on Yu-Gi-Oh Key of the Mind Ch 19-Hired Test! Only the Overmind could have done this…I just knew it…

Note: This thread shows a YCM-made card set not made by me mostly. I also altered the cards a little for my own practical use.

For reference, go to this link.

http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/thread-57853.html

Ch 19-Hired Test

Ch 19-Hired Test

In a darkened room, the Overmind sat in his seat with Marin beside him. There was also another man opposite of them, but the shadows covered his face.

“So will you take my offer?” said the Overmind.

“Maybe,” replied the shadowed man cunningly, “it’s not that I don’t want to, it’s just that I need more of the…bling bling.”

He then wriggled his fingers around, as if he wanted more payment. Marin snapped at his actions.

“We have paid enough, you…” snapped Marin.

“Fall back, Marin,” said the Overmind calmly as he took out a small sack, “this shall be your deposit for now.”

The man took the sack & opened it up, only to reveal that it contained many crystals & rare gems of all kinds. He was amazed by such wealth shown by his client.

“And you will receive much more…once you have completed your task,” said the Overmind calmly.

“Of course…yes…it’ll be done…yes,” said the man hurriedly as he left.

“Why must we use that fella?” wondered Marin impatiently, “he is just a greedy simple-minded bastard who have no right over the title of Psychic!”

“Our controlled minions have minimal freewill & my intention is to test Clair,” replied the Overmind, “and to do that, I need a duelist who has the strength & will on his own.”

Meanwhile, in the Duel Dome where yet another Pro League duel occurred, Clair was dueling again.

“Astral Plane Dragon, Astral Burst!” yelled Clair as Astral Plane Dragon attacked her master’s opponent to dwindle her foe’s Life Points to 0.

With the duel finished, the audience cheered & roared loudly at Clair for her escalating victory.

“Everybody, listen!” called out the MC, who was the same man who was in charge of Clair’s first duel with Monty, “This is your MC, Benjamin Booner! Clair Kinet has once again spurred up the crowd with yet another astounding victory! Let us all applaud to this rising champion!”

Following MC Ben’s cue, the audience cheered once again, with an even louder cry. Clair gazed up at her audience who were all on her side.

At that time, Marco was watching the duel over a monitor when he heard something.

“Come to me,” said a voice.

Marco turned around & believed that the voice came from around the corner & thus, he approached there. As he glanced towards there, he saw a large man wearing a dark blue trenchcoat & a fedora hat. As he saw Marco, he smiled wickedly at him.

After that duel, Clair was freshening up herself in her room when someone knocked on her door. She opened it up & saw that it was an old friend she knew of, Marco.

“Hello there, what you all are doing here?” asked Clair.

“Just here to congratulate you on your wondrous progress here,” said Marco, “rarely does anyone acquire such fame at such a rate. In fact, I got something to show you now.”

“Really?” said Clair, “what is it?”

“Something that you’ll wow at,” responded Clair, “as you follow me.”

As they walked, the Spirit of Mind Master appeared in front of Clair & beeped at Clair something.

‘So you are having an uneasy feeling,” thought Clair, “but then again, so am I.”

In a while, Marco led Clair to a room. It was completely darkened; only 2 spotlights were lit there. Marco guided Clair to 1 of those spots & then he suddenly fainted & collapsed onto the ground.

“Marco, what’s with…” asked Clair, who was concerned.

“Such a lowly being is of n concern to you, my dear,” said a voice, “duel me instead.”

“Who are you?” demanded Clair, “show yourself!”

Then, that same man who encountered Marco earlier on walked into the other spotlight. He was wearing a Duel Disk shaped like a gauntlet on his left arm with a holographic projector over his shoulder.

“Allow me to introduce myself. I am Manny, 1 of the best Duel Mercenaries in the business & I have been sent in by my client for his reasons,” explained Manny, “but now, prepare to duel!”

Manny raised his left arm & his large Duel Disk activated with the projector glowing & a slot opening up in his gauntlet, revealing the unfolding Duel Disk as a bat’s wing. Suddenly, all the lights were lit up as well.

“Fine then,” said Clair, who also activated her own Duel Disk.

Manny (LP: 4000) Clair (LP: 4000)

Manny (LP: 4000) Clair (LP: 4000)

“I will start first,” said Manny, “with the summoning of Nomadic Mercenary!” (ATK: 1400)

Manny then placed a card with a red border onto his Disk & a nomad appeared onto the middle of the field. He was riding on some kind of horse.

“Now is where things get…rather interesting,” said Manny, “this monster here is a Mercenary Monster & when they are summoned, both of us can pay Life Points in multiples of 100 to hire them. So, let’s go.”

“Great! Just what I needed,” thought Clair as she looked at a card in her hand.

Manny (LP: 3500) Clair (LP: 3200)

“Since you made the higher pay, my Nomad is now yours to command,” said Manny as Nomadic Mercenary walked towards Clair’s side, “but now I can regain my bid.”

Manny (LP: 4000) Clair (LP: 3200)

Manny (LP: 4000) Clair (LP: 3200)

“And that’s not all because I play my Quick-Play Spell Card Re-Hire,” said Manny as the card, showing the Exiled Force receiving money from the Goblin of Greed, appeared, “this card activates only when I lose a contract with a Mercenary Monster. I can now pay 500 Life Points to summon another Mercenary from my hand…like my Draconic Scout!” (ATK: 1700)

On Manny’s side, a middle-sized bipedal dragon appeared.

“And just to let you know, Re-Hire negates that Mercenary Monster’s main effect for this turn,” said Manny, “I place 2 face-downs & end my turn.”

“Then it’s my turn,” said Clair, “I Release your Nomad for my Storm Summoner!” (ATK: 2300)

The nomadic rider vanished for a seemingly robotic figure with a huge satellite on its back.

“And he will attack your Scout with my monster! Storm Calling!” yelled Clair as Storm Summoner fired its ray at the dragon.

“Not when I activate my Continuous Trap Card Ultimate Deal,” said Manny, “this card becomes equipped to my Mercenary Monster & now, it is bound by our deal & can’t leave the field under any circumstances, other than a Release.”

“But you will still take damage for it,” said Clair.

[align=center]

Manny (LP: 2600) Clair (LP: 3200)[/align]

“I end my turn,” said Clair.

“Then I will go then,” said Manny, “and in my Standby Phase, I will use my Draconic Scout’s ability to take a peek at the top card of my deck. Go, Ariel Overview.”

Clair picked up the top card & showed it to everyone. It was a Spell Card with the infinity symbol on it & the image showed a thick old book.

“So my next draw is that card,” said Manny, “I will use Desperado Manager to draw 2 extra cards in exchange for 3 cards that need to be placed in the deck again.”

Manny drew 2 cards & quickly placed 3 cards back there.

“Do you wanna see what I’ve got?” asked Manny, “I’ll show you by playing right now! The Continuous Spell Card known as Loyalty Pact.”

A thick book appeared on Manny’s side of the field.

“This book contains all the deals made with my Mercenary Monsters. In other words, every Mercenary Monster Summoned from now onwards will be under my control for 500 Life Points only,” said Manny, “let me show with the help of my Trained White Tiger.” (ATK: 1750)

[align=center]

Manny (LP: 2100) Clair (LP: 3200)[/align]

True enough, a white tiger with a woman riding on it appeared on Manny’s side of the field & growled at Clair.

“Please don’t be alarmed for my Tiger is trained & won’t bite…unless I ordered it to,” said Manny, “but before I give that order, it gains 200 Attack Points for every Mercenary with me.” (ATK: 1750~2150)

“But it still can’t match with my monster,” said Clair confidently.

“I play Master’s Whip, which grants my Mercenary Monster 300 Attack Points if I pay my Life Points by that same amount,” said Manny. (ATK: 2150~2450)

Manny (LP: 1800) Clair (LP: 3200)

Manny (LP: 1800) Clair (LP: 3200)

“Rip that…whatever it into shreds!” ordered Manny, in which the tiger pounced at Storm Summoner, “and now my Dragon will continue with his own attack.”

Manny (LP: 1800) Clair (LP: 1350)

Manny (LP: 1800) Clair (LP: 1350)

“This will be quick, I end my turn,” said Manny. (ATK: 2450~2150)

“And I will take it over from here,” said Clair, “and summon Psycho Jumper (ATK: 100)& play Monster Reborn to revive Storm Summoner.” (ATK: 2300)

A blue-skinned humanoid creature appeared along with Storm Summoner that had been revived.

“Ain’t that Psycho Jumper a Tuner!” exclaimed Manny, “this could only mean 1 thing…”

“Clustering stars call forth a new force from the depths of The Abyss. Ascend into the stars of greatness, Synchro Summon, Thought Ruler Archfiend!” chanted Clair as the 2 monsters clustered together as a giant fiend appeared from the light. (ATK: 2700)

“Let’s see if your cat is trained to run! Mental Lightning Strike!” ordered Clair as the huge fiend unleashed lightning bolts onto the tiger.

Manny (LP: 1150) Clair (LP: 3100)

Manny (LP: 1150) Clair (LP: 3100)

“I can gain Life Points equal to the original Attack of a monster that my Thought Ruler destroyed,” said Clair, “I place 2 face-down cards to end my turn.”

“My draw!” said Manny angrily, “I play Cost Down & discard a card for the Level of all monsters in my hand to be reduced by 2.”

He discarded a Mercenary Monster called Hired Combat Mech to the graveyard.

“With that done, I can summon this with 1 simple Release,” said Manny as Draconic Scout vanished for a gigantic demon, just like Thought Ruler Archfiend himself, though this one was red in colour, (ATK: 2700) “Ta-da! My Bribed Shadow Lord!”

Manny (LP: 650) Clair (LP: 3100)

Manny (LP: 650) Clair (LP: 3100)

“You want to suicide your own monster just to destroy mine, it’s not really worth it,” said Clair.

“Let me explain on my monster’s effect. In the circles of Hell, the demons were separated into various factions,” said Manny.

“You mean the Dark World fiends, the Archfiends, Goblin Monsters & Ha Des’ union,” continued Clair.

“Yup, but back to the main point. My Shadow Lord’s army consisted of fiends from every part of Hell & as to why,” said Manny, “it can gain control of a DARK Monster like your Archfiend over there.”

Thought Ruler Archfiend flew towards Manny & landed near him.

“See, your precious monster has betrayed you!” mocked Manny, “just as how I used my Psychic powers to use your friend to lead me to you.”

“You mean…you…” exclaimed Clair.

“I can use my powers to shift loyalties & moral beliefs on a slight level, and that’s how I pulled the strings on your friend over there,” said Manny, “but now, taste the cold blood of betrayal with Mental Lightning Strike!”

Thought Ruler Archfiend generated a wave of lightning from its wings & fried its former master in cold blood.

Manny (LP: 650) Clair (LP: 400)

Manny (LP: 650) Clair (LP: 400)

“So how it feels to have tasted the coldness of betrayal?” asked Manny?

“Why…why must…you…do this?” asked Clair as she recovered from the blast.

“I once had real friends…or at least…so I thought…one day…when rumors of the Psychics’ possible attempt to conquer the world was spreading, my so-called friends abandoned me & they…called…me…a freak!” snapped Manny, “since then, I chose to lead life on my own terms as a mercenary & eventually got this deal with some dude in a full-body armor and…”

“You’ve seen the Overmind!” exclaimed Clair.

Manny was sobbing at remembering his past & only nodded as a response.

“But I still got a job to do. Shadow Lord, attack her directly with Betrayal’s Remorse!” commanded Manny.

“I will now activate my Trap Card Cross Heart,” said Clair, “in case you don’t know, when a monster damages me, I can take back that monster. Return to me now, my Thought Ruler Archfiend!”

Thought Ruler Archfiend heard Clair’s cry & immediately re-appeared in front of Clair.

“But how…how could you accept one who betrayed you!” exclaimed Manny, who went hysterical over this.

“I learn to forgive & you should too,” said Clair, “I hope this will teach you something. I also play my other Trap Card, Synchro Strike & my Synchro Monster gains 500 Attack Points for every monster used in its Tuning.” (ATK: 2700~3700)

Bribed Shadow Lord charged at Clair, but was blocked by Thought Ruler Archfiend & launched a lightning attack to destroy the Shadow Lord.

During all this, Manny looked with his eyes shedding even more tears.

“Could…I be…wrong…all…this time?” thought Manny as he was engulfed by the aftershock of the attack.

Manny (LP: 0) Clair (LP: 400)

Manny (LP: 0) Clair (LP: 400)

Only Clair remained standing as the holograms disappeared. Clair took out her set of Synchro Monsters & Marco, who was waking up, & smiled.

“He was wrong, our cards & friends are true blue & will never betray us,” muttered Clair.

“Oh, Clair!” said Marco in a shocked manner, “so how’s your duel going?”

“Lovely,” replied Clair.

Clair looked around, but found no trace of Manny. It was as though that last blast took him out…just like what happened with Blake.

Meanwhile, in the Overmind’s sky fortress, Manny was in the hall & was bound by heavy shackles. The Overmind himself & his 2 knights were opposite of him, staring at him deeply.

“So you lost to Clair,” said the Overmind, “you shall attain no payment as I sense your loyalty towards me is dwindling. Blake, place him in the dungeon.”

Blake walked up to Manny & both disappeared in a dark fog.

“So my Sire, what is your next move?” asked Marin politely.

“The acquirement of Duel Energy, how is the operation?” asked the Overmind.

“Very well sir,” said Marin, “though I believe 1 strong source ought to be coming from Matt Tucker’s deck. His deck apparently fought against our control of him as soon as possible.”

“Excellent! How shall you acquire his deck then?” asked the Overmind.

“I plan to use someone who has issues with our target…” said Marin as a figure cloaked in a snow-white cloak appeared in front of them.

“I wait for my orders, my masters,” said the cloaked person in a feminine voice.

Card of the Day

Cross Heart

Normal Trap

Activate only after you take Battle Damage from 1 attack. Take control of the monster that inflicted the Battle Damage.

Clair: The Card of the Day is my Cross Heart Trap Card. It allows me to take control over a monster that has damaged me once. Despite what that monster did, it is better to live & forgive anyway.

[spoiler=Next Chapter]

Info on Next Chapter

Volt: Boss & I were continuing our daily lives when a flash blizzard hit the town…in the middle of July! There is also someone after Boss, but he’s ill. Next on Yu-Gi-Oh Key of the Mind-Ch 20-Icy Feelings!

Matt: C’mon baby, don’t be that harsh. Haaa-chooo!

One last note: If I were you, I would keep an eye on most characters. I'm not intending to have any of them be used as a filler. Each episode & character will just a piece of the big puzzle.

Archived