Yu-Gi-Oh Key of the Mind (FINISHED)

Wyhe

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG!!!

I've been out so much time that you already have 4 new chapters' date=' ready to read them all. XD.

But I'll start tomorrow I need to sleep, but there is no doubt that they will be awesome. ;)

[/quote']

yup,they will surely be a blast & BUMP

Yay!

it's been quiet for a bit. I just posted a (non yu-gi-oh related) chapter of a fanfic and theres been nothing else going on. Speaking of fanfics' date=' how is yours going WYHE?

[/quote']

I'm trying to finish off ch 13,but can't really find a good way yet.

Here it is at long last...

Ch 13-Time Collapsed Part II

Ch 13-Time Collapsed Part II

Previously on Yu-Gi-Oh Key of the Mind

Over the past few days, there had been cases of duelists found unconscious in the local park. Tonight, we have found out that the Overmind & his blue knight, Marin, were behind this. A spirit of some kind called Quetzal had possessed my friend, Marco & I now duel for his freedom, however this will not be easy as Quetzal had the upper hand in this match…

Clair & the others were watching the duel between Fuyuki & Quetzal. Though Fuyuki had higher Life Points, he was struggling with only D.D. Survivor to defend him & a Macro Cosmos Trap Card on the field. Where else, Quetzal had Ancient Giant & 2 Stone Giants, all ready to attack at any moment & Ancient City & Ancient Key in the back field.

Quetzal (LP: 2600) Fuyuki (LP: 2800)

Quetzal (LP: 2600) Fuyuki (LP: 2800)

“Though Fuyuki had higher Life Points, Quetzal still had the advantage here,” said Norman.

“Why is that?” asked Penny.

“Because he is aware that the bond between Fuyuki & Marco can let Fuyuki to go soft,” said Curtis.

“But that ain’t fair,” whined Kai.

“Then deal with it. That’s life for you,” claimed Marin.

During all this time, Clair remained silent as she went deep in thought.

Clair found herself on the mountaintops of some remote region. It was apparently nighttime there with the radiant stars shining high above in the dark sky. However, it was not a serene site as a great battle waged. As Clair looked out, she saw an aerial battle between 3 dragons & 1 grey serpentine dragon with a huge red mane. The other 3 dragons were different in terms of form. One was white with several blue parts; its body was seemingly glowing in a fashion similar to the stars. Another was red with some parts black; it had an appearance similar to a demon from the depths of Hell. The last one was also red; also its form is similar to a rose with its wings looking like petals. As Clair inspected closely, she found out that all those dragons had a human riding on them. The one who rode the grey dragon wore clothes similar to Quetzal. The gray dragon breathed out fire to scorch the demonic dragon, but the white dragon formed a shield to block out the flames. Then, the rose dragon unleashed its vines on the grey dragon & bounded it tightly. The demonic dragon breathed out fire to burn the grey dragon, but to no avail. Then, the 3 human riders raised their right arms & a mark of a dragon’s tail, wings & claws glowed on their arms. Suddenly, a red star shined brightly & a crimson dragon made out of energy appeared from the sky. The crimson dragon unleashed a wave of energy towards the restrained grey dragon & the blast obliterated it & its rider…

“My turn!” shouted Fuyuki, in which Clair woke up from her trance.

Fuyuki checked the card he drew. It was Threatening Roar, which Fuyuki just stared at along with his hand.

“Well, what are you waiting for? Attack my Stone Giant with D.D. Survivor now!” demanded Quetzal, “There’s nothing to stop you from it or are you scared of hurting your dear friend?”

“Shut up! I set 1 card & that’s all,” snapped Fuyuki as he shoved the card onto his Duel Disk.

“Ha! This duel is in the bag now,” said Blake, “Quetzal, finish him off.”

“With pleasure, I draw,” said Quetzal, “I play Mystical Space Typhoon to destroy your Macro Cosmos.”

A tornado then appeared & blew the space void away, leaving the ancient city in its glory.

“Without that, Survivor will be sent to the graveyard instead & can’t be summoned back,” exclaimed Damataeus.

“Precisely, my monsters will attack you directly,” commanded Quetzal & his monsters moved in.

“No way, I’m activating Threatening Roar to stop your attack,” said Fuyuki as the card opened & a roar filled the area & frightened the stone monsters.

“Hmm, I will shift my 2 Stone Giants into defense mode (DEF: 2000) & end my turn with a face-down card,” said Quetzal as the 2 golems knelt & placed their arms in front of them & a set card appeared, “however, since my giants never attacked, I need to pay in Life Points, 300 for Ancient Giant & 500 for every Stone Giant.”

“In other words, a total of 1300 Life Points,” said Clair.

Quetzal (LP: 1300) Fuyuki (LP: 2800)

“That means if Fuyuki can keep Quetzal at bay for another turn, he might win,” said Norman.

“I draw!” said Fuyuki, “I play the spell card called D.D.R.”

“D.D.R., but that means…” thought Norman & Curtis. Curtis was staring at Norman.

“By discarding a card, I can summon a monster removed from play like Cyber Valley.”

A dimensional vortex opened & a cybernetic dragon appeared. (ATK: 0, DEF: 0)

“Thanks to you again, Spell Chronicle gains a Chronicle Counter,” said Quetzal as the scroll glowed with energy.

“0 attack & defense points!” exclaimed Blake, “If you want to give up, you could just tell us. We will not hurt you…much.”

“Who says I’m giving up!” retorted Fuyuki, “Cyber Valley is special for it has 3 different effects & I will use the second effect to…”

“Not when I activate my trap card. Go, Skill Drain!” shouted Quetzal, “by paying 1000 Life Points, all monster effects are negated.”

Quetzal (LP: 300) Fuyuki (LP: 2800)

Quetzal (LP: 300) Fuyuki (LP: 2800)

“Why would he risk more life points again?” asked Kai.

“Because now he can negate his Giants’ effect, now they can safer to use,” explained Damataeus.

“Arg, end turn,” said Fuyuki.

“At least my monsters are in defense mode,” thought Fuyuki as he looked at the field, “but there’s something about Quetzal that’s so strange.”

“I draw,” said Quetzal, “I will shift my Stone Giants to ATK mode (ATK: 400) & attack your monsters with my 2 Stone Giants!”

The 2 Stone Giants approached & destroyed D.D. Survivor & Cyber Valley.

“Now that you are cleared, my Ancient Giant takes a hit with Ancient Impact!” yelled Quetzal as Ancient Giant punched Fuyuki himself, “and I play Sebek’s Blessing so that I can gain Life Points.”

Quetzal (LP: 2500) Fuyuki (LP: 600)

Quetzal (LP: 2500) Fuyuki (LP: 600)

“Just 1 turn & Quetzal just turned the duel around,” said Marin who was amazed at Quetzal’s ability, “His Lordship surely selected a warrior of true caliber.”

“Yeah, let’s hope he doesn’t take away our job,” remarked Blake.

“Now by sending Ancient Key & the 2 Stone Giants it summoned that had moved their positions twice to the graveyard, I can play Ancient Gate!” said Quetzal as the 2 Stone Giants & the Ancient Key card vanished & a massive gate appeared behind Quetzal & the gate was seemingly attached to Ancient City, “it technically does nothing, but will benefit from my strategy. So I end my turn.”

“I draw!” yelled Fuyuki as he drew his card, “I play the Pot of Greed to draw 2 cards.”

Fuyuki then drew 2 cards & looked at them with gleam in his eyes.

“Now I play my own Mystical Space Typhoon to destroy Skill Drain & summon this, Helios-The Primordial Sun!” (ATK: ?)

A great light shone on the field & as the light died down, a seemingly female figure wrapped in linen cloth appeared. Its head was a small sun.

“Just to let you know, Helios’ effect gives her 100 points for every monster removed from play & there are 5 of them,’ Fuyuki said as Helios glowed. (ATK: 500)

“So what? Its still too weak,” taunted Blake, “surely you can do better than that.”

“I play a spell card now,” declared Fuyuki as he slid the card into his Duel Disk, “It’s called Planet Alignment!”

“So my Spell Chronicle gains another counter, which I can use its effect next turn,” claimed Quetzal.

“That’s alright because Planet Alignment destroys all of your monsters & you take 300 points of damage,” said Fuyuki.

Several planets gathered around Helios & aligned with it. This action had caused some sort of gravitational distortion that warped & destroyed Ancient Giant.

Quetzal (LP: 2200) Fuyuki (LP: 600)

Quetzal (LP: 2200) Fuyuki (LP: 600)

“No, without Ancient Giant, my strategy’s a flop,” thought Quetzal.

“I will attack you directly with Helios now! Go, Solar Aura Wave!” declared Fuyuki as Helios unleashed a wave of fire at Quetzal.

Quetzal (LP: 1700) Fuyuki (LP: 600)

Quetzal (LP: 1700) Fuyuki (LP: 600)

“I place 1 face-down & end turn,’ said Fuyuki as he placed the card.

“My turn then,” said Quetzal as he drew a card called Totem Pole, “Now I use Spell Chronicle’s effect.”

The images of Field Barrier, Ancient Tomes, and Pot of Greed & Negate Attack appeared.

“I pick…uh…Ancient Tomes,” declared Fuyuki & the card materialized in Quetzal’s hand.

“Since you chose this card for me, I will show you what it can do now,” said Quetzal as the Ancient Tomes card materialized on the field, “once per turn, I can swap 1 card in my hand for the top card of my deck.”

Thus, Quetzal took Totem Pole & placed it on top of his deck & kept the top card in his hand. He looked at it & saw that it was Premature Burial. Quetzal smirked & laughed out loudly.

“What are you up to?” inquired Fuyuki.

“Your doom, of course!” exclaimed Quetzal as he glowed with a crimson aura, “I play Monster Reborn to resurrect Ancient Giant.” (ATK: 2200)

The gigantic golem rose out of the ground.

“Oh no!” exclaimed Norman, “if he attacks now, it’s all over.”

“Now I use the effect of my Ancient City!” shouted Quetzal, “by sending Ancient Giant, Ancient Tomes & Ancient Gate to the graveyard, I can summon my great beast to join me.”

The 3 cards vanished in grains of light & the stone gate of Ancient City rocked as it opened & a draconic creature stood behind. When the gate fully opened, the dragon flew out & was revealed to be a grey serpentine dragon with a long red mane. Clair was stunt when she saw it because it looked exactly like the grey dragon she saw in her vision.

“Wh…what is th…that?” asked Kai, who was frightened by the dragon’s appearance.

“The sacred guardian of Ancient City, the Ancient Dragon!” (ATK: 2800) said Quetzal.

Just then, Clair remembered something…

A young Clair was being taught by Uncle Louis on ancient civilizations. This particular lesson was on a legend spoken by the Incas of a secret guardian…

“The Signers were a group of 5 humans who were said to have the power to call forth the Inca Star God as known as the Crimson Dragon Star to eradicate all evils from the land. There could only be 5 Signers at a time, no more & no less. Each of them are identified with a Dragon Birthmark. The 5 birthmarks indicate 5 parts of the Crimson Dragon Star-the Head, the Tail, the Wings & the 2 Claws. Once they called forth the Crimson Dragon Star to seal off the evil power deep within the earth. That plain of land was then marked by the Dragon to warn everyone of its dangers. That place in which we now call the Nazca Lines…”

“That…that dragon, it…has fought…the Signers & the 5 Dragons before!” exclaimed Clair, whose comment surprised Quetzal, Blake & Marin.

“Amazing account of history there,” thought Marin.

“How do you know that?” asked Quetzal.

“I read, duh,” replied Clair.

“Yes, I did fight the Signers back then,” confessed Quetzal.

“There was once a great evil attacking across the land & it soon reached my kingdom. We put up a strong resistance, but it was of no use. Soon, our powerful civilization was all in ruins overnight & lost forever. I was only a mere prince at that time & my dying father sent me to seek a way to destroy this evil. I had travelled far & wide for the answer, & one day, I had it. I heard of a hidden Inca civilization in the mountains called the Sky Temple who worshipped a powerful God, the Red Star. As such, I attempted to seek the help of their leader, the Star Dragon King. However, he was neutral to all events off the outside world & rejected my request. Thus, I began to destroy his empire with my Ancient Dragon until he agreed to my terms. The Star Dragon King was still stubborn, but he responded by calling his 4 elite priests, the Signers, to combat me along with the King himself. In the dark sky, we had a great battle in the sky with all our dragons. I managed to take down 2 of the priests, but they won by summoning the Crimson Dragon Star & finished me off.”

“But now, I have returned & the Overmind had promised to indulge the identities & locations of the current reincarnations of the Signers so that I may have my revenge!” yelled Quetzal, whose face grew more strained & distorted, “not to mention, a body I could use to rebuild my empire I was entitled to so long ago & rule as king. Ha-ha-ha!”

“If you are as old as you claimed to be, that makes you…” stated Penny as she counted with her fingers.

“Over 3000 years old,” said Quetzal, “that’s right & where was I…oh yeah, I was winning! Ancient Dragon, destroy his Helios with Legendary Flame!”

Ancient Dragon unleashed a huge fireball that engulfed & combusted Helios. As such, there was a great explosion.

“Looks like Quetzal won…” said Blake.

“No!” screamed Clair.

However, as the smoke cleared, Fuyuki was still standing. His Life Points was still intact & unchanged.

“Check your Duel Disk for any malfunctions, buddy. You are supposed to have 0 Lfe Points now,” said Blake.

“I would have, if I hadn’t activated my Trap Card,” said Fuyuki as he held a Trap Card in his hand, “it is called Guard Block & it can reduce all Battle Damage this turn to 0 & I can draw a card.”

He slid Guard Block into the graveyard & proceeded to draw a card.

“I end my turn,” said Quetzal.

“If I recall, Ancient City can revive Ancient Dragon once it’s been destroyed,” said Curtis, “this could be bad. Fuyuki had better finish this fast.”

“It all comes down to this turn. Whatever I draw will decide my fate,” thought Fuyuki as he drew. He looked at the card & smiled.

“Thank you, Heart of the Cards,” muttered Fuyuki.

“I summon Breaker the Magical Warrior,” announced Fuyuki as a caped warrior in red armor appeared. He held a sword in 1 hand & a shield with a strange symbol on it, (ATK: 1600) “when he’s summoned, he gains a Spell Counter that gives him 300 Attack points.”

The stone in Breaker’s shield glowed. (ATK: 1600~1900)

“So what, it’s still too weak for my Ancient Dragon,” said Quetzal.

“Not exactly, by Breaker’s other ability, I can destroy any Spell or Trap Card on the field,” said Fuyuki.

“Hope he use on the other card,” thought Quetzal.

“So he can destroy Ancient City to render Ancient Dragon mortal,” said Curtis.

“A bad move, if you ask me. Even so, he will still take Ancient Dragon’s attack next turn & he doesn’t have much time left,” said Norman, “I would destroy Spell Chronicle instead.”

“So I’ll destroy…Spell Chronicle. Go, Breaking Blast!” said Fuyuki as Breaker’s shield unleashed an energy blast to destroy the Spell Chronicle scroll.

Quetzal (LP: 200) Fuyuki (LP: 600)

Quetzal (LP: 200) Fuyuki (LP: 600)

“What just happened?” asked Clair & Penny in unison.

“When Spell Chronicle is destroyed, its user takes 500 points of damage for every card still removed from play,” explained Norman.

“Quetzal, I sense that you are good,” said Fuyuki as his eyes glowed, “so I’ll show you the truth.”

Then, the whole area was engulfed by a blinding light.

Quetzal then found himself on top of a mountain & there was a temple near it. The place that Quetzal was only too familiar with…

“The Star Temple!” exclaimed Quetzal, “but how?”

“My powers allowed us to see into the past as mere visitors,” said Fuyuki who appeared behind him, “now please follow me inside where we see your audience with the Dragon Star King.”

Inside a chamber within the Star Temple, they saw the young Quetzal talking to the Dragon Star King.

“Dragon Star King, I’m Prince Quetzal of a distant kingdom. A great force of evil has overtaken my kingdom & my father, the King, had sent me to seek help. I wish for salvation in the name of your God, the Red Star,” said Quetzal.

“I see, I will do whatever it takes to save your kingdom,” replied the Star King, “but you must rest. Take refuge in my guest house.”

As such, the young Quetzal walked away.

“He agreed, but that’s not what I remembered,” said Quetzal.

“Wait, there’s much more,” said Fuyuki as the scene shifted to the young Quetzal sleeping on a bed when a trail of black smoke appeared & surrounded the sleeping Quetzal.

“The Dagon Star King has denied your plead. Wage war against him & his kingdom. Take what h has & use it for your own,” whispered the black smoke as it dissipated.

When the young Quetzal woke up, his eyes were full of malice & anger. When he stomped out of the chamber, he raised his arms to the sky.

“Almighty Ancient Dragon, I call forth thee!” cried Quetzal as Ancient Dragon was formed from the shadows & Quetzal rode on it.

“As you can see, it was that evil force you seek to destroy that truly destroyed you,” said Fuyuki.

“Now I understand everything. I was deceived & tricked,” said Quetzal as they returned to reality.

“Now where was I? Oh yeah, I place a face-down card & end turn,” said Fuyuki.

“That’s it! Quetzal, finish him off pronto!” said Blake.

Quetzal drew a card, but then Fuyuki activated a Trap Card.

“D.D. Dynamite,” said Quetzal, “a Trap Card that deals 300 points of damage for any of my removed from play cards. What an end.”

Quetzal (LP: 0) Fuyuki (LP: 600)

Quetzal (LP: 0) Fuyuki (LP: 600)

Quetzal then collapsed on the ground & an aura flew out of Marco’s body. The released aura then formed into Quetzal’s true form. He smiled at Fuyuki before vanishing on the spot.

“They…they ruined everything!” exclaimed Blake as he activated his Duel Disk, “thAT’S IT! Take on me now!”

“Now, let’s not irrational. We got what we came for,” said Marin, “as such, I summon Dark End Dragon!”

A burst of light shone & a huge dark dragon appeared. Marin grabbed Blake & the dragon took off.

Damataeus approached Marco & picked him up.

“The most important thing is that he’s safe now,” said Damataeus.

“Well then, let’s all go home. It’s getting real late,” said Curtis as everyone else already were on their way, “hey! Wait for me!”

Later on, as Fuyuki was sleeping, he was shivering due to part of his body not being covered by the bedsheet. Then, a phantom hand reached out & covered Fuyuki. The hand revealed to be Quetzal & he smiled at the sleeping Fuyuki.

Meanwhile, in the sky fortress of the Overmind, they were analyzing the current events.

“My Lordship, we had lost Quetzal & Marco,” said Marin.

“But at least, we don’t have to supply him with information of the Signers,” said Blake.

“The priority is the envelope, do you have it?” said the Overmind.

“Yes sir. Here is it,” said Marin as he delivered the envelope to the Overmind.

“But what’s so important about a stupid envelope,” remarked Blake, in which the Overmind’s eye shields glowed & Blake felt like being choked.

“Don’t you ever question my power, do you understand?” said the Overmind, in which Blake nodded & Blake’s torture was over.

“You are no longer needed. Dismiss!” ordered the Overmind & they both left immediately.

The Overmind then opened up the envelope & poured out the contents on a table. There were 2 cards, translation notes, astronomy reports & 2 profile. 1 of the cards was a card with a green border, while the other was yellow with an unknown language written on it. The 2 profiles were of 2 people, Yugi Tenma & Sakura Tenma.

Card of the Day

Breaker the Magical Warrior

DARK/Spellcaster-Effect/LV 4/ATK 1600/DEF 1000

When this card is Normal Summoned, put 1 Spell Counter on it (max. 1). This card gains 300 ATK for each Spell Counter on it. You can remove 1 Spell Counter from this card to destroy 1 Spell or Trap Card on the field.

Fuyuki: The Card of the Day is my good old Magical Warrior Breaker. As his name implies, he can break any Spell or Trap Card by giving up 1 Spell Counter on him. When he’s summoned through normal means, he can gain 1 such counter & that gives him 300 ATK.

[spoiler=Next Chapter]

Info on Next Chapter

Damataeus: My brother, Marco, is getting more desperate for his lost memories. As his brother, I wished to help, but how?

Norman: If enough Duel Energy is accumulated, it is possible to trigger one’s memory. Next on Yu-Gi-Oh Key of the Mind-Ch 14-Breathing Life’s Essence!

Duellist: So let’s duel or what?

All the way back to the signers! What a history.

Anyway' date=' great job, the ancient dragon lives!

Yugi and Sakura Tenma... nope, not a clue. Neither for the cards.

Accumilated duel energy... Sounds like an intense next chapter!

[/quote']

thanks.

I plan to incorporate every detail of yugioh into it.

As for Yugi & Sakura, they are part of the big plan & they are related in someone in yugioh R manga.

BTW,I may decide on updating all characters sometime soon.

People always can't wait to see their character in action... I don't get it.

Most of the time evil and/or neutral characters (The good guys usually have the best at the start, and a few more in the middle) that appear later are more powerful then the ones that appear sooner (Exception sometimes includes main antagonist). So if your character appears early, they are probably not that powerful or useful.

Yes there are exceptions, but I'm sure you get the idea. Take my character, they appeared in a small scene already, so odds are they are insignificant (of course, you probably shouldn't expect your character to play too much a significant roll in someone else's fic, that's why you make your own!).

I'll give a couple of e.g. Dragon Ball Z (sorry if you hate it), every season there is a more powerful villain. Another E.G. is How in games the bosses get tougher and tougher (with exceptions).

Just my two cents; plenty of holes in it, i just felt like saying it.

People always can't wait to see their character in action... I don't get it.

Most of the time evil and/or neutral characters (The good guys usually have the best at the start' date=' and a few more in the middle) that appear later are more powerful then the ones that appear sooner (Exception sometimes includes main antagonist). So if your character appears early, they are probably not that powerful or useful.

Yes there are exceptions, but I'm sure you get the idea. Take my character, they appeared in a small scene already, so odds are they are insignificant (of course, you probably shouldn't expect your character to play too much a significant roll in someone else's fic, that's why you make your own!).

I'll give a couple of e.g. Dragon Ball Z (sorry if you hate it), every season there is a more powerful villain. Another E.G. is How in games the bosses get tougher and tougher (with exceptions).

Just my two cents; plenty of holes in it, i just felt like saying it.

[/quote']

Yup, your character will be given a bigger role in the plot starting in the next chapter in which I'm still writing (trying to a good way to finish the duel highlight)

Hmm...

Clair: Tell me, what is the definition of life?

Gethin: Scientists have been debating it for years what precisely defines it; personally, i say it's the life force, what drives us on, what gives us something to live for. Buds live to be flowers, Infants grow to become adults. Life is a force that may never cease.

Clair: Well, then you probably think life is all about the mind, and the mind is nowhere better then my deck! Prepare yourself for a plane from a different dimension, yet life beats strong. I summon Astral Plane Dragon!

Norman:...Must resist urge to go back to old way and kill her...

A rough five-minute sketch, heh.

Edit: Wait, i don't know if my character is DUELING, just that they will be in next chapter. Umm... I'll think about it.

Archived