Yu-Gi-Oh Key of the Mind (FINISHED)

Wyhe

LOVELY chapter. The deck does seem a bit random, you have to think hard for it.

Stray Asmodian you explained quite well, destruction and rebirth.

The Gadgets are a bit trickier, but you could say they are the psychic's themselves. They keep coming, but may eventually all be destroyed unless they act...

But yeah, going awesome! Good job.

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry it would take that long. Secondary 3 (in Singapore) has been eating up on my free time & left me limited in my stories. Nut I am on the road to its finish & I thank all who read it so far.

Until the End: 2 more chapters

[spoiler=Ch 85-The Summoning]

Previously on Yu-Gi-Oh Key of the Mind,

And then, the floor suddenly rumbled as though an earthquake was happening. The sky was lighted by a series of lightning flashes & raining fire, along with the strong blowing winds.

“What the Hell is this?” cried Marin as he hanged on for his dear life.

“Change, my apprentice! Change is upon us!” cried Liberion as he raised a card high into the sky, “God shall be awakened & He shall vanquish all the impurities that contaminate our beloved world!”

Suddenly, a fireball fell on the 3 Gadget Monsters & instantly destroyed all of them. After which, it shot up the remains in a combusting ball that escalated upwards & seemingly disappeared. Suddenly, holo-screens appeared surrounding the 2 duelists. There were pictures depicting different areas all around the world.

Bangkok. Cairo. Singapore. Hong Kong. Nanking. Beijing. Tokyo. New Delhi. New York. Miami. London. Paris. Berlin. Neo Vatican City. Los Angeles. Oregeorgia. Kim Jong-il City. Ho Chi Minh City. Moscow. Neo Mexico City. South Pole City.

Despite the wide variety of sceneries, they all share the same sky – that eerie dark cloudy sky filled with violent winds, fire & lightning, which drew up symbolically as a form of God’s wrath.

“What’s with all these pictures?” demanded Clair!

“So that we may be able to see the fruits of my labor, 10 long hard years of labor that cost the lives of many now being achieved,” said Liberion, “BRACE YOURSELF FOR GOD ITSELF!!!”

“This is Mary Willis, reporting to you live on this maximum priority emergency announcement! Oregeorgia has been under siege by a storm of fire & buildings are quickly collapsing due to the attack. As to its origins, it is still unknown at this point, but the CIA is conducting investigations on the matter as we speak. However, this phenomenon is also occurring in other parts of the world, apparently simultaneously. The National Congress has advised civilians to evacuate to any Emergency Camps in your respective area for safety. And our Marshall-President, Ms. Sumeragi Michelle Leesa, has this to say in regards to our crisis.”

The screen fuzzed out for a while, and the place was set inside the White House’s Oval Office. There was a middle-aged Japanese American woman sitting on the President’s chair, donning the navy blue military uniform of the Super-Union with a firm, yet concerned look on her face.

“My fellow Americans, it is with great misfortune that our Super-Union of America has fell siege by such unnatural circumstances. I too feel the pain & labor & toll of all who suffered this plight, not just in our Motherland, but all around this world that shares our burden. Despite the crisis at hand, I call for all Americans & foreign residents of the Super-Union to stay strong with hope for our America has gone through a lot during its time since the American Revolution & has came out on top in the end! Just recall your history lessons on the First Civil War, First Great Depression, World War II & the Cold War! Yes, we can & we will stand strong, neither as one person alone nor one single state, but as the Super-Union of America! So help us Kami & may Kami bless all of America who held true to our most solemn ideals of liberty, equality & justice!”

Just then, the TV went fuzzy again & the connection then ended completely. Both Charles & Darren were silent & looked at each other with concerned looks too…before someone made a move to speak out.

“Brother, what is going on?” asked Darren.

“Just like that Psychic said, the world is changing under Liberion’s wrath,” replied Charles, “Clair, you’re the only one who can reverse this…or else I fear for the world…”

“Hope Tyson can bring back Mary or I’ll never forgive him,” remarked Darren, gulping in fear.

Throne Room, Arcadius Citadel

The current tide of this duel is at an unpredictable point as Liberion himself had just declared the summoning of his monster. In this field tormented by fire & wind, it could be said that whatever he is trying to call out, it will be something to behold. Suddenly, a great pillar of fire appeared from & from it, a pair of glowing eyes glared its surroundings through them. Suddenly, the flame pillar finally dispersed and a gigantic form was seen from the flame pillar. It was metallic in design & covered by a material similar to gold. Its appearance drew similarities from a dragon & a phoenix, but the overall image of the creature has long been infamous in the whole game…a form that shocked all around there, except for Liberion for obvious reasons. (????/????)

“…but that’s the…Egyptian God Card…” stuttered Marin, “…the Winged Dragon…of…Ra…”

“Impossible, there’s no way you can’t,” said Clair, “only certain individuals can even use Ra without incurring its wrath.”

“But my will for change shall suppress even the will of God itself!” cried Liberion, “as you may or may not know, Ra’s Attack & Defense are equal to the combined Attack & Defense of all the monsters needed to Summon it.” (3900/3600)

“Ra, I call for you to smite down the infidel Psychic Snail! Blaze Cannon!” commanded Liberion at once.

Ra gapped its beak-like mouth & a great ball of fire was formed inside & was charging with more fire combusting in it. Soon, it unleashed all that stored power at once & aimed for Psychic Snail. It had absolutely no defense against the blast & was quickly obliterated by the fire at once. However, her Life Points remained unchanged at all.

Liberion (LP: 3300) Clair (LP: 3000)

Liberion (LP: 3300) Clair (LP: 3000)

“But your Life Point…they are still mostly intact!” exclaimed Liberion.

“Thankfully for I had played Defense Draw & save my neck in time,” said Clair, relieving.

“Ah, but my Egyptian God Card will crush all your defenses with its might. End turn,” said Liberion.

“Draw,” said Clair as she drew her next card, the Trap Stun Trap Card, “I throw down a face-down & then summon a little fella named Krebons in Defense Mode now.” (1200/800)

With that, 2 face-down cards appeared on the field. Suddenly, an energy-based jester appeared & it giggled loudly despite Ra’s appearance. Ra was obviously angered by this disrespect.

“None of your barriers shall stand in my way!” proclaimed Liberion, “they shall all fall before our might!”

“Well then, bring out all your so-called might!” retorted Clair as she gestured for her father to go & he quickly drew out his card.

“By destroying the very soul of my departed Stray Asmodian, I can Special Summon this monster to the field,” said Liberion as Stray Asmodian appeared for a while as it was engulfed in flames & formed into a red demon made of flames. (1700/1000)

“The Spirit of Flames…what kind of deck is this?” wondered Marin.

“I declare my attack on your Krebons right away!” declared Liberion as Ra began to cluster energy in its mouth again.

“But my Lord…Krebons has this special…” noted Marin.

“That was once my card & I am perfectly aware of all your cards,” said Liberion, “and I know that you can negate the attack by paying 800 Life Points, but your Life Points will still become smaller. Blaze Cannon!”

Ra then unleashed all its power & burnt Krebons, but it protected itself with a timely energy shield.

Liberion (LP: 3300) Clair (LP: 2200)

Liberion (LP: 3300) Clair (LP: 2200)

“Even if you managed to protect yourself, you had so foolishly paid for it in your Life Points,” said Liberion, “and with 1 more monster left, I can attack once again! Spirit of Flames, impart the pain of fire onto my daughter!” (1700/1000~2000/1000)

Spirit of Flames approached Krebons & punched it, only to be blocked out by its shields again.

Liberion (LP: 3300) Clair (LP: 1400)

Liberion (LP: 3300) Clair (LP: 1400)

“Now I get what he’s getting to,” said Marin, “by continuously attacking Krebons, Clair will end up paying Life Points for the sake of protecting it…until they go down to…zero!”

“Try to hit me, my daughter,” said Liberion, “I set 2 face-down cards on the field & then end my turn.”

“I draw!” said Clair as she drew out, “and I will follow your advice just like any good daughter would. I Release my Krebons & do away with his services!”

Krebons let out one last taunting laugh & vanished into a portal with a spin.

“And will now…Advance Summon the Storm Caller in Attack Mode!” called out Clair as a floating creature with a satellite dish on its back appeared. (2300/2000)

“Even if you attacked my Spirit of Flames, you had only dented my defenses,” claimed Liberion.

“And so I play Telekinetic Collector & it will Special Summon any number of Level 2 or below Psychics to the field, but I will only settle for one Mind Master instead,” said Clair as the Mind Master finally reappeared again. (100/200)

“But you must suffer 300 points of damage for its return,” said Liberion as Clair was blasted by her own card.

Liberion (LP: 3300) Clair (LP: 1100)

Liberion (LP: 3300) Clair (LP: 1100)

“Huh, a Tuner?” wondered Marin before he realised something, “But that would mean a Synchro Summon. But Dissonance’s effect will still disable her from doing so.”

“Hmm…most likely something like Mystical Space Typhoon or Dust Tornado…but I have the counter-measure all set on the field,” thought Liberion as he looked out to his face-down.

“I invoke my Trap Card, Customs of the Imperial Court!” announced Liberion, “I, Overmind Liberion, the 1000th Great & Holy Overmind of Arcadius hereby declare against the destruction of Dissonance & any other Continuous Trap Card other than Customs of the Imperial Court itself!”

“Darn, he must have predicted Clair’s move…what she’ll do now,” wondered Marin, “now she can only Synchro Summon by destroying Customs of the Imperial Court, followed by Dissonance itself. The combined effort will be too much for her hand to bear!”

“Good try predicting my moves there, but you are just the kettle calling the pot black,” claimed Clair with a cunning smile.

“You weren’t planning to destroy my monster at all,” said Liberion, “but Mind Master and its weaker stats is only a liability to you with Dissonance on the field.”

“But I can still do this,” said Clair as her other face-down card opened, “this one is called Trap Stun and well…it can do this!”

The newly-activated Trap Stun card shot out a blast that hit Ultimate Offering, Dissonance and Customs of the Imperial Court. Suddenly, they were all turned to a stone-like state, as though they were paralyzed.

“My Traps…they are now worthless, but not destroyed,” claimed Liberion, “I must admit that your last move had actually surprised me there. So now, go ahead & summon Astral Plane Dragon why don’t you.”

“He’s right…Level 6…Level 1…” said Marin as he looked at his former liege, “you…you knew she would summon Astral Plane right from the start, do you?”

“Then here comes something I think you had seen for so long!” proclaimed Clair as Mind Master consumed & rendered Storm Caller into 6 small glowing orbs, “Ascend into a plane beyond all existence! Enlighten thee with light of guidance! Synchro Summon! Rise from nothingness, Astral Plane Dragon!” (2000/1000)

Suddenly, a large green dragon appeared & roared out loud at Liberion. It was somehow more angry than usual as it stared at Liberion himself, his former master…

“Not happy to see me after I had left you,” claimed Liberion, “but after all these, I swear we will be together again…”

“Dad, there’s a duel going on here!”said Clair, “and my dragon’s effect activates & add 300 Attack Points to itself for every monster that must be removed from play in our graves.”

“And that will be my 3 Gadget Monsters, the 2 monsters you used for your Synchro Summoning & about 2 other monsters,” said Liberion while Astral Plane Dragon amassed their souls for more power. (2000/1000~4100/1000)

“Attack the Spirit of Flames with Astral Burst!” commanded Clair as her dragon let out a colourful blast towards Spirit of Flames. However, the Astral Burst redirected towards the Winged Dragon of Ra, also destroying it in a burst of fire.

Liberion (LP: 3100) Clair (LP: 1100)

“I activated Staunch Defender, which protected my monster by sending the attack to meet the stronger Ra,” said Liberion as his card opened.

“Not exactly my true target, but at least with your Egyptian God gone from the field, I can now proceed the duel without worrying the world getting destroyed,” said Clair.

However, the screens clearly still showed the burning cities of the world. Also, Liberion was seen laughing out loudly over the distance as the flames remained.

“Foolish girl! Ra’s most lethal effects shall consume you & this cruel world alive!” cried Liberion, laughing maniacally, “so end your turn & you’ll see what I meant!”

“You’re starting to get on my nerves on this,” said Clair as she took out 1 card, “I set a face-down card & end my turn. Let’s see what you got in your sleeves.”

Without much talk, Liberion simply drew out his next card, a Spell Card with a blue-coloured Egyptian ankh on it. Seeing this new card, he smirked.

“You want to see a God’s true wrath, and by shaming it, you had just incurred IT!” proclaimed Liberion, “I play my key card this instant! Activate now, Monster Reborn!”

“But what could you be bringing back?” demanded Marin.

“What else, my very own Egyptian God Card of course!” cried Liberion loudly.

The blue ankh appeared in the air & the surrounding flames amassed into a single pillar of fire. Out of it, the Winged Dragon of Ra appeared from within & screeched loudly. (0/0)

“But since its Attack is dependent on monsters Released to summon it…it will be useless now,” claimed Marin.

“Ah, but when Ra is brought from the other side, its true abilities shalt be unlocked from deep within,” said Liberion as his Life Points began to decrease, “by paying 1000 Life Points, I can invoke Ra’s rage to change into the Egyptian God Phoenix…and it’ll destroy your Astral Plane Dragon & remove it from the game itself! By my payment of my own blood, I beseech God to ascend to its Phoenix Mode & ignite those who mocked your power!”

[align=center]

Liberion (LP: 2100) Clair (LP: 1100)[/align]

Suddenly, Ra was engulfed by its own flames & transformed itself into a flaming bird of fire.

“Just like that vision back at the Special Cup…so that was it! Ra’s Phoenix Mode!” thought Marin.

“Smite the Astral Plane Dragon for all its treachery towards my most ideal plans,” said Liberion.

The Egyptian God Phoenix flew towards Astral Plane Dragon & embraced it in flames. Suddenly, there was a great explosion of fire spreading everywhere throughout the field. As Marin took a peep at a screen showing the famous Eiffel Tower of the French Liberalist Republic, a member state of the AEU, he noticed the raining fireballs were pelting at the majestic tower, thus sending metal debris into the ground.

“Ra’s destruction is furthering triggering the system! For every time it’s being revived, it’s wrath will continue to ruin the world even more!” exclaimed Marin.

“So now you had finally figured out the truth of this duel,” said Liberion, “but it does not matter now! For I now have the world reconstructing at my hand! Mua-ha-ha-ha!!!”

[spoiler=Card of the Day]

Winged Dragon of Ra

DIVINE/Divine Beast-Divine/LV 10/ATK ????/DEF ????

You must offer 3 Tributes to Tribute Summon this card. The ATK and DEF of this card becomes the sum of the respective ATK and DEF values of the Tributes. When this card is Special Summoned, it is sent to the Graveyard during the End Phase. While this card is face-up on the field, it cannot be targeted by Spells, Traps, or Monsters that designate a target. When this card is successfully Special Summoned from the Graveyard, you may activate one of the following effects:

* Pay 1000 Life Points to destroy one monster on the Field and remove it from the game.

* Pay any amount of Life Points or Release monsters that you control. Increase ATK and DEF by the amount of Life Points paid & ATK and DEF of the Released monsters.

Liberion: Behold for God’s power in the form of the sacred Winged Dragon of Ra! Its stats would require the power of monsters Released to summon it, but its real powers are only present upon its destruction! And one of them is Phoenix Mode, which can destroy any monster at 1000 Life Points. There is also the second Point-to-Point Transfer effect that allows Ra gain more power still using my other monsters & my own soul!

[spoiler=Next Chapter]

Marin: Clair, hang on tightly! The world is all dependent on you alone!

Liberion: Humanity has conducted way too much mistakes already! They shall lead themselves towards a road of ruin where they shall regret it all! Step aside & let me win…for it shall become everyone’s victory!

Clair: No! I can still tell that humanity still has hope left! And I shall prove it to you with all my might!!! Next on the Yu-Gi-Oh Key of the Mind-Ch 86-World Revolution! I shall prove it to you…of the power of peace & humanity!

WOW

This is so awesome i just cant do anything awesome to celebrate it.

So im gonna act very calmly due to my awesome bone being broken after reading the 1st paragraph.

Im writing this from the hospital by the way....actually...im not writing...the nurse is dictating my eye blinking as morse code.

Let's just say that my awesome bone started a chain reaction and leave it at that.

Im healing much faster than anticipated, so i'll probably be back in time to see the penultimate chapter.

During which my bones will all break again after reading the 1st sentence.

Bye!

Y-Tak

(and Nurse Leslie)

I expected Ra when i knew it was an Egyptian God Card.

But man this is intense.

Of course' date=' I even make this thing a 3part duel with a aftermath situation...but watch out for my new spin-offs. There are 2 in though, but only one is on paper...(the other one is still in think tank)

WOW

This is so awesome i just cant do anything awesome to celebrate it.

So im gonna act very calmly due to my awesome bone being broken after reading the 1st paragraph.

Im writing this from the hospital by the way....actually...im not writing...the nurse is dictating my eye blinking as morse code.

Let's just say that my awesome bone started a chain reaction and leave it at that.

Im healing much faster than anticipated, so i'll probably be back in time to see the penultimate chapter.

During which my bones will all break again after reading the 1st sentence.

Bye!

Y-Tak

(and Nurse Leslie)

Alright...take care then...and I'm amazed yuo can type out something more than a one-liner

i can....

still in the hospital BTW....

keep up the good work!

P.S. BTW' date=' what will ur next project be?

[/quote']

In the final chapter, both of them will be given a brief explanation, but now, I am bombarded by my life here!

So it will take a while to do.

And in 1 day's advance, happy birthday to me! And I dedicate this chapter to myself & m father, who sped past his 1st red light to rush to hospital for my birth.

[spoiler=Ch 86-World Revolution]

Previously on Yu-Gi-Oh Key of the Mind,

The final battle has just begun…and the world suffers in flames as the duel prolongs. Liberion, who has rallied the Winged Dragon of Ra, is marking his vicious attacks on Clair. Standing in his way is only his daughter, Clair & her Astral Plane Dragon. From the flames of ruin & by the ritual of revival, God has rose once more & began its strike & wrath. Will the will of humanity overcome God’s wrath to move on or was all this just an inevitable charade where in all is deemed unworthy & absorbed into a single conscious or should humanity be enslaved from advancement & locked in their sorry state? The answer shall be at the end of this duel…

Skyscraper, Oregeorgia

The City of Oregeorgia, like all other cities of the Super-Union, was quickly emptied of people in light of the recent disasters. Despite this, Lullaby & the Ally were still standing on top of the skyscraper. Somehow, that particular skyscraper they were on was spared from destruction where else most other skyscrapers were already demolished by the fire.

“Master, this…what if Clair couldn’t win this?” asked Lullaby, “what should be our next move?”

“Have faith, my apprentice,” replied the Ally, “I know Clair Kinet myself personally & also know that she will succeed & besides, she is never alone in this…not ever.”

“So we wait…but this lightshow may cost the world something,” claimed Lullaby, “the next Overmind & the leaders of the world must cooperate if there should be peace.”

Back at the duel between Liberion & Clair, Ra in its Phoenix Mode was on the way to destroy the Astral Plane Dragon with its effect. Within moments, there was a great explosion of fire. After a few seconds, it could be seen that Astral Plane Dragon was still standing nonetheless, but with a shield in front of it.

Liberion (LP: 2100) Clair (LP: 1100)

Liberion (LP: 2100) Clair (LP: 1100)

“But how did it…” exclaimed Liberion.

“When you were destroying my monster, I had just activated Card Guard,” said Clair as she discarded a card, “by discarding a card from my hand, I can prevent its destruction this turn.”

“I will just put Spirit of Flames in Defense Mode along with another face-down card,” said Liberion, “but seeing as I haven’t Normal Summoned a thing yet, I can call out this guy instead.”

Suddenly, a strange-looking lizard appeared on the field & it was growling with drool spewing out of its mouth. (1900/700)

“This is Granadora…or better known as the Swallowtail Spike Lizard to some & when it is Summoned, I can its Life Energy as 1000 additional Life Points.”

“But you should know that you lose even more if it were destroyed in battle,” noted Marin.

“Now I end my turn,” said Liberion, “…but since Egyptian Gods can be only be Special Summoned temporarily, it will return to its resting place at my End Phase.”

As he said that line, Winged Dragon of Ra suddenly vanished in a burst of flames & ashes. Its remains then flew straight into the graveyard slot.

“I draw then,” said Clair, “and I will declare my attack upon your Granadora with Astral Burst!”

Suddenly, Astral Plane Dragon fired its deadly blast upon Granadora. However, Liberon’s face-down card opened up & a series of glowing chains appeared & they bonded the dragon up before the attack can hit through.

“My Continuous Trap Card, Shadow Spell,” said Liberion, “its grip shall stop your monster from attacking at all, weakening it at the same time. So now, got anymore to pull off?” (4100/1000~3400/1000)

“…Just 3 more face-downs…and nothing more…” spoke Clair.

“My turn,” said Liberion as he drew his card, “I play Magic Planter & by sending away a Continuous Trap Card, I can draw 2 new cards.”

Shadow Spell was then tore apart by vines as Liberion drew 2 new cards…2 Spell Cards that could help him out a lot. Astral Plane Dragon let out a roar of relief as it was freed from the dreaded chains. (3400/1000~4100/1000)

“But now, Astral Plane Dragon can attack again,” said Marin.

“Next, I will then move my Spirit of Flames into Attack Mode,” said Liberion as his Spirit of Flames stood up & his flames ignited once more.

“O, now that is a bit too insane here,” said Marin, “if Astral Plane Dragon attacks, he is finished!”

“But I haven’t finished yet, I activate Half Shut!” said Liberion as a Spell Card appeared & shot out a blast that struck Astral Plane Dragon. (4100/1000~2050/1000)

“My dragon’s Attack…it’s halved!” exclaimed Clair.

“Worry not, for it is spared from immediate death still,” said Liberion, “but I can still take this chance to strike you down. Spirit of Flames, attack the Astral Plane Dragon with Flame Fist!” (2000/1700~2400/1700)

The Spirit of Flames rushed at Astra Plane Dragon & unleashed a flaming fist impact to hit the dragon. Although it was not destroyed by the attack, the flames even burnt into Clair herself.

[align=center]

Liberion (LP: 3100) Clair (LP: 750)[/align]

“Now I set just 1 face-down card & end my turn,” said Liberion as he set his other Spell Card.

“Alright, just come at me, Clair…and you’ll get surprised at what I got for you…” thought Liberion as he looked at his own face-down.

Just then, when Liberion ended his turn, Astral Plane Dragon resumed all its Attack Points too. (2050/1000~4100/1000)

“Draw,” said Clair, “I summon the Destrutotron in Attack Mode!” (1600/400)

Suddenly, a computerized robot appeared & it whizzed into life.

“And yet another creature that brought back good memories of the old days…which will be the future of All,” claimed Liberion.

“Now I attack your Spirit of Flames right away with Astral Burst!” commanded Clair.

Astral Plane Dragon roared loudly as it was about to begin its attack upon the lizard-like creature. However, it would seem that Liberion had something else up his sleeves…

“You thought you had me trapped in my spot, but it is I who really trapped you in the end!” said Liberion as he tapped his Duel Disk, “Activate Spell Card, Dark Spell Regeneration! When you try to lay a finger at me, I can instantly activate a Spell Card from either one’s graveyards. And I choose something from mine…say Monster Reborn!”

The Egyptian ankh appeared again as flames raged everywhere. Suddenly, the Winged Dragon of Ra rose from the ashes of the earth & screeched loudly. (0/0)

“So what?” wondered Marin as he glanced at another screen showing the collapse of the Washington Monument in Washington DC.

“I can do 2 things whenever Ra is resurrected from the grave; the 1st one is destroying evil creatures from the land…and the 2nd one is the empowerment of God by offering our life force,” explained Liberion, “an effect also known as Point-to-Point Transfer, which I shall demonstrate you right now.”

Suddenly, both Granadora & Spirit of Flames disappeared in flames that entered into Ra’s body & the godly dragon let out a roar. Liberion was also consumed in flames & his upper torso appeared on Ra’s forehead. (0/0~4300/2400~7399/5499) Amid all this, Liberion didn’t notice a Trap Card that Clair activated secretly.

Liberion (LP: 1) Clair (LP: 750)

Liberion (LP: 1) Clair (LP: 750)

“Now I not only control God, I am Him! And we shall smite the Astral Plane Dragon together!” declared Liberion as Liberion-Ra fired a fire blast to counter Astral Plane Dragon’s Attack…and an explosion happened.

“It is all over now…” said Liberion-Ra as he closed his eyes, “may you understand this soon, my daughter…”

“Not the case…Father!” cried Clair as her voice echoed in his mind & the world before him distorted as another vision came into him…

Suddenly, Liberion found himself no longer attached to Ra & Clair was only standing directly opposite of him. Both of them were in a city driven in flames due to Ra’s power among many others.

“Father, this is an image induced due to your holographic projectors installed in your own room. I hope through this you may understand that humanity does have potential to be in harmony,” said Clair solemnly, “just watch what your actions have proven…”

Clair then pointed out into the city & Liberion saw a sight he won’t believe. Over a short distance away, there was a Caucasian male civilian who was helping up a fellow civilian, but he was an Latino from his skin tone.

“Just for your knowledge, this is Grand Leesburg of Florida, a city under the racist Confederacy of America,” revealed Clair, “although the nation’s ruling faction, the Albino Supremacy Front, supported white supremacy as its main ideology, the people do not & that will lead it a future where in it may reconcile with the Super-Union.”

“Blah, just the foolish dying sentiment of one man while the norm is the otherwise,” claimed Liberion coldly as smoke swept past them in light of a scene change…

It was the former Kuala Lumpur, capital of the former Malaysia before intensive & radical racial divide that lead to a successful yet bloody coup. Anyway, the former capital continued to burn even though the city was already in a deplorable state to begin with. There, they could clearly see the people left there of different races all fleeing the flames while pushing away random people to their doom.

“You dare say humanity can work together; this situation would let you think otherwise,” said Liberion, “Malaysia was once a strong country, but backward beliefs continue to hold it back in comparison to its neighbors, Singapore, Indonesia & the Philippines that joined together as SEAU. All the political scandals take its zenith when a racial war literally broke up this federation! A most classic example of a ruined state, don’t you agree?”

“I had seen humanity do things before & they can do anything at all if they just try!” yelled Clair, “after all, humanity has gained the right to live & this is more than enough for us!”

“Ah, but with your defeat, this deck of mine has served its purpose & theme – destruction and rebirth,” said Liberion.

“Maybe so it seems…” said Clair calmly, “…but all is not what they seem as!”

Suddenly, another gust of smoke blew through the area & they were returned to the Citadel’s throne room. Liberion found himself back attached onto his Winged Dragon of Ra. As Marin could notice, that last attack forced open a crack in the iron walls of the citadel. Clair slowly came into vision and so was a face-down card…or two…

“When you activated Dark Spell Regeneration, I had chained it to a little something of mine,” revealed Clair, “it is called Inter-Dimensional Mass Burial & it can send every Monster removed from play back into our graveyards again.”

“Now why would she do that…unless!” commented Marin, realizing what was Clair up to.

“And the other card…Assault Mode Activate!” claimed Clair, “this card will begin your grand downfall. With this card’s power, I call forth…the Astral Plane Dragon/Assault Mode!!!” (2500/1500)

Suddenly, the Astral Plane Dragon also flew out of the smoke, but it was heavily armored in an orange armor.

“And you know what happens after that?” said Clair as her dragon absorbed more power. (2500/1500~4800/1500)

“But it is too weak against the Egyptian God? Just surrender to me!” cried Liberion.

“Strength is not everything, Father,” said Clair as she slid in a card from her hand, “I play this card…I activate Assault Overload! This card will destroy 1 Assault Mode Monster that I control…and we both take damage equal to its Level x 200! I’ll take you out by all means & costs!”

“On 1 hand, Clair could beat Liberion at last since he only has a single Point left,” said Marin, “but this will be suicide attack for you too! Don’t do it, Clair!”

“Matters not! I will bring an end to all this trouble!” cried Clair, “…even if it cost me everything…”

Her Astral Plane Dragon roared in pain as energy overloaded inside it & destroyed it from within. Yet again, another explosion hit the field…and another section of the citadel was demolished by the blast. It took seconds for the smoke to clear off again, but Liberion & both players were standing there!

Liberion (LP: 5600) Clair (LP: 2550)

Liberion (LP: 5600) Clair (LP: 2550)

“Your kamikaze strike backfired on you,” remarked Liberion.

“Not really, I activated Rainbow Life…and this lets me reverse all damage dealt to me this turn into Life Points by discarding a card,” said Clair as she discarded her card, “but out of curiosity, how did you escape your destruction too?”

“By discarding this card of course,” said Liberion as a card slid back into his hand; it was a De-Fusion Card, “by sending this card, I can sever the connection between me & God. Of course, I gain back all those Attack Points that I contributed towards its might.”

Suddenly, Ra grew wobbly & collapsed on the ground; causing an indoor tremor in the Throne Room. (0/0)

“And it has none to spare, eh?” realised Marin, seeing the whole situation.

“And yeah, my original Astral Plane Dragon appears too when the Assault Mode Counterpart is destroyed,” said Clair as the Astral Plane Dragon appeared from a dimensional portal formed out of nowhere, (2000/1000) “and now for my Destrutotron’s turn…or turns to shine! Destrutotron, attack the Winged Dragon of Ra now!”

Upon her command, Destructotron fired a static blast at Ra’s forehead. Suddenly, the Sun Dragon just imploded into flames, as it was too weak from continuing on. After that, Astral Plane Dragon followed suit with its own Astral Burst, straight into Liberion himself.

Liberion (LP: 2000) Clair (LP: 2550)

Liberion (LP: 2000) Clair (LP: 2550)

“Since it will just be destroyed at the end of your turn, it does not really matter,” said Liberion coldly, “all life is destined to live and then die one day without fail; such a bad truth that we are deluded towards.”

“And since I now have enough Life Points to spare,” said Clair as she glowed red, “By paying 1000 Life Points, I can destroy one of your cards in the back row. And I select…Customs of the Imperial Court!”

Suddenly, Destrutotron unleashed a second blast & Customs of the Imperial Court was quickly put out by that.

Liberion (LP: 2000) Clair (LP: 1550)

Liberion (LP: 2000) Clair (LP: 1550)

“End turn,” said Clair, “but since my Destructotron is the only Psychic Monster on my side of the field. It gets destroyed at the end of my turn…right now!”

Suddenly, electrical volts fired out of the machine-like monster & it exploded.

“See, even your own monster forsakes you. I shall now pass my judgment upon you,” said Liberion, drawing his next card, “I play Giant Trunade to send all our Spells & Traps back into our hands!”

Suddenly, a great whirlwind stirred up & all his Traps Cards returned to his hand.

“Next, I play Reload to send all my cards back into my deck & draw out the same amount,” said Liberion as he shuffled them in & drew out 2 more cards, “and I summon this…the Samsara Lotus in Attack Mode.” (0/0)

Suddenly, a lily pad appeared on Liberion’s field & on it, there was a small green nymph sitting on it. It had a great pink crown of flowers & looked rather sinisterly at Clair.

“A 0 Attack Monster here?” wondered Marin.

“You’ll see soon enough,” said Liberion as he took out another card, “I play Creature Swap and this will switch places between your Astral Plane Dragon & my Samsara Lotus.”

The card appeared & in a flash, Astral Plane Dragon appeared on Liberion’s side of the field. Also, the Samsara Lotus stood in front of Clair.

“Feels good to be together with my steed again, now for the finale, attack her at once with Astral Burst!” declared Liberion as the Astral Plane Dragon unleashed a deadly blast at the lotus spirit, but a warrior suddenly appeared to block the attack.

“Sorry Father, but by removing my Necro Gardna, I can negate the attack,” said Clair calmly.

“You must have snagged that in when you use Rainbow Life earlier on,” deduced Marin.

“I end my turn now!” announced Liberion in apparent rage.

“I draw,” said Clair as she drew up a Spell Card…and suddenly, Samsara Lotus eluded a painful glow from it.

Liberion (LP: 2000) Clair (LP: 550)

Liberion (LP: 2000) Clair (LP: 550)

“The Samsara Lotus is a malevolent force that will endlessly be reborn, but bring pain for its continuous existence,” claimed Liberion, “as such, it inflicts 1000 points of damage during every one of its controller’s Standby Phase.”

“First off, I play Healing Winds,” said Clair, “now I gain 200 Life Points for every monster present in the field & that will be 400 more for me!”

[align=center]

Liberion (LP: 2000) Clair (LP: 950)[/align]

“Unless you can put my monster in Defense Mode, your fate is all but sealed,” said Liberion.

“But I could always try to get rid of it!” said Clair.

“By how? An Advance Summon perhaps?” claimed Liberion.

“NO, I got something even better in mind,” said Clair, “I play Psycho-Path now!”

“Ah yes, I remember that one. If you pay 800 Life Points, you can add 1 or 2 Psychic monsters removed from play back into your hand,” said Liberion, “so let me guess, the stronger Storm Caller maybe?”

[align=center]

Liberion (LP: 2000) Clair (LP: 150)[/align]

“I got just the perfect monster for you,” said Clair as a new card appeared in her hand, “and I summon it right away! Let’s go, Krebons!” (1200/400)

Suddenly, the electric-based jester reappeared once again & giggled at Liberion as it spun around.

“A Tuner!” exclaimed Liberion, “so it will be a Synchro Summon now. I should’ve kept Dissonance there as well, but what a loss. But, you must know that your monsters only constituent a Level 3 Synchro…and is there such a thing in existence?”

Clair simply opened up her Extra Deck & took out a white-framed card for him to see. ON its right, there were 3 stars marked on it.

“A real Level 3 Synchro Monster!” exclaimed Marin.

“Does that answer your question now,” said Clair, “this card is relatively new in my collection, so don’t expect to see it. I will now commence Tuning!”

Krebons gave off a final cheerful cry as it became into 2 rings of light & they passed into Samasara Lotus that became a single star.

“A new hope is set upon the horizon. Granting us all with a new chance in life no matter what…” chanted Clair, “Synchro Summon! Accelerate, One-Shot Cannon!” (0/0)

Suddenly, a beam of light erupted and a small floating robot appeared on the field. It had a simple robotic head & 2 cannon blasters on both sides.

“But it can’t compare with my Astral Plane Dragon!” proclaimed Liberion.

“This monster…and our Astral Plane Dragon…and I…we will together save you from yourself,” said Clair, “…One-Shot Cannon, activate your special ability! It can Release itself to destroy a monster on the field & you will take damage equal to its Attack!”

“What!?” exclaimed Liberion, “…but my destiny…”

“You had only brought it upon yourself! Go, my One-Shot Cannon! Let Father see the light!!!” cried Clair as images of everyone she met over the months…and ending with the memory of a woman she was both familiar & stranger towards.

“Mother…” thought Clair.

One-Shot Cannon fired a blast from its 2 side cannons & completely obliterated the Astral Plane Dragon, sending an aftershock to Liberion that engulfed him.

Liberion (LP: 0) Clair (LP: 950)

Liberion (LP: 0) Clair (LP: 950)

After that final attack, Marin could notice that all the scenes of the flaming world began to disappear over time as the screens all closed up, relieving at that site. Underneath all that smoke, Liberion was there, albeit very worn out & on one knee with his Duel Disk broken beyond repair. Suddenly, the whole building suddenly tipped off-balance. A single automated voice resounded in the room.

“Danger! Danger! Losing altitude! Losing altitude!” spoke the computerized voice repeatedly.

“All those battles…they had damaged the whole citadel! We are now falling down!” cried Marin as he tried to hold on tightly.

During all this danger, Liberion was entirely immobile…while affixing his glare at Clair, his daughter. He then tried to move across to the other side with all his strength.

Meanwhile, in another part of the citadel, the Gatemaster was walking relaxingly within the exploding hallways of the citadel. Despite the disaster, he was still able to maintain a calm demeanor.

“Alas, I am but an immortal,” lamented the Gatemaster, “even this destruction can do me harm…and this curse…it runs into my blood…and those who need it to sustain themselves…would get it & live on too…”

NASU Emergency Camp, Oregon State

Inside the Emergency Camp where refuges were kept for the time being, Miora & Penny were strolling along the hallways of the facility as they ended up chatting up on old times.

“You know, I once remembered going up here as part of a school field trip,” said Miora, “they were talking on the Super-Union’s defensive operations in case of disasters.”

“Oh really,” replied Penny as she looked out at the window, “Hey, the flames…they are gone already!”

“Clair, she did something, didn’t she?” noted Miora as she smiled.

Skyscraper, Oregeorgia, Oregon State

As the Citadel made its grand fall to the ground, Lullaby was overlooking this incident & looked back at The Ally for a while.

“Master, it seems a victor had been decided already,” said Lullaby, “what do we do now?”

“Wait more of course, fate is now spinning to motion as Liberion’s destruction now calls for rebirth…but by whom now,” said The Ally, “the card that decides her fate is now everything in this puzzle.”

Outskirts of Oregeorgia, Oregon State

Deep within the city limits of Oregeorgia, Norman & Lunette laid down there unconscious. Suddenly, Norman was first to awake from his sleep…and found himself in unfamiliar places.

“Oh my aching head…” said Norman, “where was I…I was…I was in that citadel…and then…Marin brought me here! That fella, he seriously needs to know teamwork!”

Just then, he heard a loud noise over the city. And then, he saw the citadel itself crashing towards the nearby Oregon Alps.

“Hope they better got out earlier,” said Norman as he grabbed Lunette, “and as for you girl, I will protect you from harm…this I swear.”

[spoiler=Card of the Day]

One-Shot Cannon

EARTH/Machine-Synchro/LV 3/ATK 0/DEF 0

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters

You can Tribute this card to destroy 1 monster on the field. The controller of the destroyed monster then takes damage equal to the original attack of the destroyed monster.

Clair: The Card that finished it all is declared the Card of the Day by us all, and I give you the One-Shot Cannon! Although it is just Level 3, but I can Release it just to destroy your monster & its owner will then take damage for it!

[spoiler=Last Chapter]

The Ally: Alas, all tales must come to an end. As this tragedy befallen us, the world shall change for certain & the dawn of the new era is set in this world. Finally, on Yu-Gi-Oh Key of the Mind-Ch 87-La Finale! But whom shall lead the future & guide its paths?

Really? Well' date=' happy Birthday then.

As for the chapter, a rather nice ending... Although that new synchro monster came out of the blue.

So yeah, can't wait to see what is about to happen in the aftermaths...

[/quote']

And the real irony is that it was Liberion's & Clar's Ace Card that caused the end of the duel. You would think that the Assault Mode monster would lay the final blow. yes?

Happy B-Day Whye-chan!

I hope this isn't too late, but....

1337 Birthday Song!

H4p1 13-I)4y 2 u

H4p1 13-I)4y 2 u

H4p1 13-I)4y I)34r (/VyI-I3

H4p1 13-I)4y 2u

I was just kidding about me breaking every single bone in my body when I read Chapter 85, but I am really feeling under the weather.

I think I caught a cold, and I have really been in bed for a few days.

Today I finally felt good enough to get up and on the computer and your fanfic was updated and I read it and I feel better already!

I think I can go back to school tommorrow, thanks to your fanfic!

(Seriously, I'm not making this up this time!)

Wait...I've been out for 2 days....that means....

HOLY CRIMSON CRISIS!!!!!!

I'VE GOT A SHIBA-LOAD OF HOMEWORK!!!!!!!!!

(Yu-Gi-Oh References BTW)

XD

P.S. Can't wait for the finale!

Here we are with the final chapter of this fanfic. I thank all who so loyally see this through. (which is only 3, but still some people nonetheless) I will be preparing my new fanfic soon too & I will gvie out reps for your help.

[spoiler=Ch 87-La Finale]

The Oregon Alps, an unnatural mountain range built by the Psychic Hashim, it served as the perfect hiding place for Arcadius’ own dissent prison camp. However, these Alps were of no more purpose due to the prison camp’s destruction. Over the previous site of that same prison camp, there laid the ruins of the crashed Citadel of Arcadius. Among the ruins of the former floating fortress, there was no sign of any survivors. However, there was a dome-shaped escape pod lying there too…but its contents remained unknown…

Clair found herself inside a strange location. Brick walls towered most of the area & there was a long railway track too. The place was crowded with people in mountains & seas, but they seem to be ignorant of one another’s presence. A notable feature of the station she noticed was the sign she was; it was marked as “St. Jesus’ Cross”.

“St. Jesus’ Cross? Where’s that?” inquired Clair, but the crowds paid no attention to her questions.

“On the balance of course,” spoke an echoing voice that seemed so cold & emotionless…and suddenly, the Grim Reaper appeared!

Compared to that last time, this one was significantly smaller in size, but the dark cloak still covered its form. Its hood was left hanging back, showing a snow-white skull with such remarkably solid features. On one hand, it carried its scythe & a lantern on the other. It was through this form that Clair realised that it was actually a she!

“Actually, the balance of life & death,” said Death, “and you may refer me as ‘Death’ girl.”

“It’s you again!” said Clair, “and what do you mean by the balance?”

“This platform is another sector of existence of the afterlife,” declared Death.

“You mean to say I’m dead already!” said Clair, “…oh that blast…I didn’t survive it, did I?”

“Actually I am investigating you…and another fella too,” said Death as she folded her bony arms despite the things she held, “I mean, you two were only here recently & yet, the rest of these spirits seem not to see you…unless it is to say that you are…”

However, the death deity’s message was cut short as Clair zoomed out of St. Jesus’ Cross…and there was nothing but darkness in what she saw next. Clair struggled to see her side, and found the badly injured Marin there & he was struggling to awake himself.

“Someone, anyone! Please help us!” cried Clair as she banged at the door. But then notice a tiny light within the darkness.

“Ms. Clair!” called out a voice outside, “I hear you! You need it opened! So step back, you might get hurt from this!”

Suddenly, a non-lethal side of a spear stuck through the pod. With tremendous strength, the door of the device was pulled out & both Clair & Marin were able to get some fresh air at last. As Clair tried to take a glimpse at her savior, she realised it was actually the Gatemaster, now kneeling before her with his bloody & damaged body.

“I, a servant of Arcadius, pay thy respects to Your Majesty crowned as the 1000th,” said the Gatemaster with his head downcast.

“Erh…what’s with the formality?” asked Clair as she tried to usher the ancient Psychic up.

“Clair, this is just a standard formality towards all Overminds,” said The Ally as he walked into the scene with Lullaby as well.

“He is just abiding to the cries of destiny, an unavoidable voice that echoes throughout eternity,” claimed The Ally as his eyes let out another glow, “…it seems you couldn’t recall what happened just now, well here’s a jog down your mind.”

Suddenly, Clair’s eyes also glowed in the same manner…and she could saw images so familiar… She was in the Citadel with her father & Marin. It was about to fall in impact that will kill all of them. Suddenly, Liberion stood up & grabbed the other two…and brought them to an escape pod…but it was already too late as everything went out in fire…

“Father! He saved us!” cried Clair, “but where’s he?”

“When I found him, he was badly injured by the fall,” explained The Gatemaster, “however; he wished not to take my blood that could heal his wounds. Instead, he wanted me to do it for you…his beloved daughter & his most-trusted friend for the last decade.”

“Where is he now?” demanded Clair as she was pointed towards a pile of debris with a hand there, “no…Father!”

Suddenly, her medallion glowed & all the debris suddenly separated from one another. True to the direction given, Liberion was indeed underneath all that rubble & he was greatly injured.

“Father!” shouted Calir as she ran towards her father, “You ok?”

“Don’t worry for me, daughter,” said Liberion, “just fulfill my wish…my wish for a peaceful world…”

“But Father, we can do it…together!” said Clair.

“But I am blinded with rage for so long…but you…one who seen both sides of humanity…unify all in peace…then we’ll be happy…your friends…Overminds of past…will be together…in…” said Liberion but he suddenly stopped & his fist turned cold.

“Father!!!” cried Clair loudly as both the 2 medallions suddenly broke into pieces & a backlash of energy flowed into the atmosphere itself, causing a storm of raining glowing dust. In Ground Zero of the crash site, Lullaby could see that flowers were blooming in that area despite the damage received.

“Ah, death is never the end of things, for it is the beginning of rebirth,” said Lullaby, “such is in line with the Winged Dragon of Ra & what it represents…”

“Yet I am eternally confined in life and unable to face rebirth,” lamented The Gatemaster.

“What I just missed…” said Marin as he finally awaken from his slumber, only to realise what was going on, “my Lord…don’t die!”

“What is done is done; but we can change our futures,” said The Ally as he handed a scroll to Clair, “but my question is…are you up to it?”

When given the scroll & question, Clair could only stare at her departed father…Marin…the scroll itself…and think, think, think for an answer…

“Attention, this is Mary Willis, reporting to you from Oregeorgia! Just yesterday, the mysterious floating citadel had just crashed onto the ground. So far, there seems to be no survivors at all or even no sign of anyone inside during the crash. As the state government has decreed Oregeorgia safe again & people have been escorted back to their homes. On other news, there was a mysterious shower of dust in the sky yesterday, occurring on a global scale. Experts believe this is not a natural phenomenon & the dust provided such unique regenerative properties beyond what even the medically-advanced United Kingdom of Scandinavia could possibly provide. Now for the foreign news…”

6 months later – Oregeorgia, Oregon State, NASU

Following the collapse of Arcadius Citadel about half a year ago, all was back to normal in Oregeorgia as it rebuilt itself as a new & better town. However, while buildings could just be rebuilt over & over again, our hearts & memories were impacted by all that happened.

It was evening back in the Dales household, Penny was sitting alone in the basement of her house. She was staring at the bad that Clair would usually sleep in during her time there…but now no one knew where she could be! Whether she was alive or dead was utterly unknown to all, even the resourceful White Hawks were at wit’s end in regards to the matter.

“Clair…” muttered Penny.

She turned on her TV & saw another Pro League Duel in progress…when it suddenly into another channel. There, she saw Clair in a regal form-fitting uniform with black with crimson red with knee high boots, a cloak & fingerless gloves. Beside her, there was Marin & Grand Duke Sutherland landing beside her. The music of both the respective anthems of Arcadius & Sweden was being playing in the background too.

[align=center]Truth & hope within His grand Grace

And freedom to every Man

We all yearn for the Day of Judgment

When He leads our way

Keeping the vow made to the God

Arise all Psychics

Unify as One to seek glory

All Hail Arcadius!

His Wisdom shall guide us Psychics

Rise up & seek your souls

Hoist your sentiments as your own might

All Hail Arcadius!!!

Our Overmind stands unequaled in this world

He’ll unite all Man under Him

As His truth & justice as our law

All Hail The Overmind!

For all time he shall reign over us all

Under the words of the God

His very soul immortal & strong

All Hail Arcadius!

So let His Wisdom guide us all

Rise up & seek your souls

Hoist your sentiments as your own might

All Hail Arcadius!!![/align]

“What the Hell!” exclaimed Penny as she saw the image there?

“Greetings to all people of all nations, races & faiths, I am the 1000th Great Overmind of the Psychics & Holy Empire of Arcadius and its allies upon the demise of my own father, the previous Overmind! As such, I will be baptized with the name of Millennial & will be referred as Overmind Millennial from now onwards! This world…it is so corrupted & twisted with wars & battles…and I will change all this! But I can’t do this alone; I need the world to aid me in this quest. If we all fight for the same goal, it is only logical that we work as one. I will also call for all the Psychics to rise & work with us!”

Suddenly, the screen zoomed out & 32 year-old King Gustaf VII Wolfgang, present rotating monarch of the UKS & the formal King of Sweden, was also seen there as well.

“And I, as the Head of State of Scandinavia, will extend the first hand of friendship towards Arcadius in light of a new world through them & our cooperation. May we all face a bright future!” spoke the Swedish monarch as he went on to shake hands with Clair.

“I couldn’t believe this…Clair’s alive…and all this…just too much,” said Penny as Curtis suddenly popped in.

“Hey Penny, you watched the news yet…” cried Curtis as he saw Penny watching the same thing too, “oh, never mind about that! You knew already!”

8th Monastery of His Holiness the Dalai Lama, Tibetan Special Autonomous Region, Indian Federation

Liberated from centuries of Chinese rule by the Indian army in the Sino Civil War that broke up all of China also known as Operation Ascension, Tibet has been reverted to a constitutional monarchy revolving around Buddhism & led by the Dalai Lama, spiritual leader of Tibetan Buddhism & Symbol of the Way. Currently, the Holy State controlled Tibet & what was known formerly as Qinghai & Gansu, regaining all lands of the original Tibet.

If it were evening in Western America, then it was just late afternoon in Tibet. True to its title, the 8th Monastery was indeed the 8th Monastery officially declared open by the Dalai Lama himself following his return to Tibet. Within the confines of the Buddhist temple founded by the 15th Dalai Lama of Tibet, hundreds of Buddhist students were among the crowds in the courtyard & on their ways around the temple. They might be of different races & ages, but united in their Buddhist faith. There was one particular woman with shaven hair & Buddhist robes sitting alone in the garden with a radio device with her; she had a blue tattoo scarred onto her.

“I need the world to aid me in this quest. If we all fight for the same goal, it is only logical that we work as one. I will also call for all the Psychics…” spoke out the radio.

“So Clair Kinet, you had succeeded your own father’s place,” muttered Oblivia as she let out a gentle smile, “and as for me, I will find my way to resist temptations & move on through the Way of Buddha.”

“Indeed,” said an abbot as he approached Oblivia, “I believe the young lady has taken up an important task & His Holiness will most likely support her plans to pursue peace.”

Nazareth Palace, Neo Vatican City, Vatican Catholic Federation

Inside the throne room of Nazareth Palace, the old-aged Pope with a much younger High Cardinal was overlooking the city in the noon sky. They were discussing about something.

“But Your Holiness, those Arcadius people are obviously heresies in league with Satan & the Antichrist!” shouted the High Cardinal, “we should be rallying up the AEU to slay all enemies of the Lord!”

“No more buts for my mind is made up; we have to support this movement of peace,” said the senior Pope as he walked off.

White House, Washington DC, NASU

As Western America faced its evening, then the East Seaboard was having nighttime already. In the Oval Office, President Sumeragi reclined on her chair as she looked carefully at the recording of Clair’s news announcement. Opposite of her, there was a female African-American aide standing at attention.

“Diana, tell me…what do you think about this?” asked Sumeragi as the transmission ended.

“Honestly, I think someone is planning to do our job for us, madam,” said Diana.

“But we seem to have different reasons for it though,” said Sumeragi, “we only intervene in foreign affairs in order to secure our country’s interests, but what is their intention…this Arcadius?”

“I can be certain that the demon will lose its mask soon,” said Diana.

“And until then, we shall judge them…but if they really plan on helping us, let’s use them all we can for now,” said Sumeragi as she faced away from her aide.

UN HQ Building, New York City, NASU

Inside the General Secretary’s office on the topmost floor of the UN HQ, Kim was staring out towards the window at the many lights of New York’s nighttime. He was apparently in deep thought while looking outside.

“Arcadius…really what in which the world revolve around…” said Kim as he held on a book entitled “English for Dummies”.

Train, Illinois Countryside, NASU

Along the moving train in the nighttime scenery, Mao, Fuyuki, Timothy & a band of Psychics (including Asuka & Dario) were cruising in the train cargo. Most of them were just relaxing when Mao suddenly had a shock that startled everyone else.

“Mao, what’s wrong?” asked Timothy.

“Clair…” said Mao, “…she’s alive…and she’s now the new Overmind…”

“Wow! You sure?” asked Fuyuki.

“I heard at least 10 people in this here train thinking about it & it’s quite a headache here,” said Mao as he rubbed his head.

Norman’s House, Oregeorgia

Both Norman & Lunette were also watching that same news broadcast & like most people, they were shocked too.

“Uncle, you’re alive…why you never called?” said Lunette as she cried with flowing tears.

“Clair Kinet, a toast to your future work!” said Norman as he held a glass of wine towards the screen.

Drinking Bar, Republic of Persia, Advanced Eurasian Union

Inside the drinking bar in the afternoon of the Persian capital city, there were 2 men, the 2 former Knights of Arcadius, sitting there with their Duel Disks & drinking to their hearts’ content.

“Frustrating! Our resume, all gone with the desert wind!” cried Hashim.

“Shut up about it, will ya?” yelled Ryo, “or must we duel to shut yer trap?”

“You want a fight, I’ll give you one!” yelled Hashim as he activated his Duel Disk.

Haga Palace, Sweden, United Kingdom of Scandinavia

Inside a quiet room, a long scroll with untellable writing was unrolled around the perimeter of the room. Clair was reading a part of it, with Marin, Sutherland & the Gatemaster all beside her.

“…so this destiny’s plans…and I must settle the world down once and for all,” said Clair.

“My Lady, I fear that the world mat not see eye-to-eye towards your plans,” warned Sutherland.

“A non-aggressive peace enforcement unit must be formed to preserve peace & harmony…” said Clair, “…for my parents’ sake…”

With that line, she dropped a card in her hand. That being her Fortune Card that The Ally once divined for her, it was Crowning of the Emperor…and a teardrop fell on it.

[spoiler=New Fanfic]

The world is on heading onto a new direction with Arcadius, but there exists those who doubt & those who relish under chaos & strife... Power is once again split & reformed, but it lies on the fragile balance.

By the majority approval by the Earth Sphere Federative Congress, we have declared the authorization & use of NAPEU, suggested by Overmind Millennial.

Watch for it, Yu-Gi-Oh NAPEU! Speed is now the focus of this world...as struggles still exists!

O_O

IT IS FINSHED.......

(starts sobbing hysterically)

sniff....I can't believe the awesomeness that is Key of the Mind is finally over....sniffle....it has been a long and hard road, but now....sniff.....we can rest as we don't have to spend countless nights......sniffle......anticipating the next chapter, only to have those expectations.......sniff sniffle........trumped by such a talented author.

I can now go back....sniff......to simply resting in peace. I can....

(stops sobbing)

Wait....

WHAT?!?!?!?

A NEW SERIES?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

(continues hysterics, but now joyous)

YES!!!!!! Now I don't have to retire from my commenting!!!!!!! Expect more of me in the future Wyhe!!!!!!!!!! I won't let you down my amigo!!!!!!!!!!!!! Peace out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

Y-Tak

P.S. Over that cold now, thanks to the best medicine I know: Wyhe's fanfics.

XD

What a both sad yet happy conclusion. Death and the rebirth of a world... But just how long can the peace last?

Considering the next series, perhaps not long. Must be a bit of a bummer for Clair, who believes in the goodness of the world.

...Come to think of it, I didn't notice Gethin's whereabouts in that last chapter, an oversight? Or something else...

Well, brilliant conclusion, and a cheer for the next series!

Archived