Yu-Gi-Oh Key of the Mind (FINISHED)

Wyhe

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[spoiler=Ch 70-Lost Half]

“You’ll pay dearly for my defeat in that Special Cup!” said Ryo as he armed his jet-black Duel Disk with his deck, “and I’ll guarantee the extra pain to come & as an honorable Knight of Arcadius!”

“There’s no way you could ever be admitted to the order like that!” exclaimed Marin, “Gethin, do me a favor & beat him up good for me in this duel.”

“Will do, Sir Marin,” said Gethin as he prepared his opening hand.

“Now, let’s see if his will can overcome the beasts…or shall the beasts destroy him from within?” mused Liberion as he watched the duel in secrecy.

Ryo (LP: 4000) Gethin (LP: 4000)

Ryo (LP: 4000) Gethin (LP: 4000)

“I’ll begin the duel!” said Ryo, “and I set a monster face-down & that’s all there is for now.”

“Being passive about this, that’s so unlike you, but you will regret it soon,” said Gethin as he drew his card, “I play Life Atoned & summon my Life Lancer in Attack Mode!” (1600/1200)

The Life Atoned card appeared & a knight decked in yellow armor appeared on the field & hoisted out its weapon, which was a yellow lance.

“That spear of his is sharp enough to poke a hole in your Life Points,” said Gethin, “go & attack that face-down with Lance Pierce!”

As Life Lancer charged in for an attack, the face-down card revealed itself to be a Masked Dragon. (1400/1100) Life Lancer’s lance pierced into its flesh & the dragon was destroyed. (Atoned Counter: 1)

Ryo (LP: 3500) Gethin (LP: 4000)

Ryo (LP: 3500) Gethin (LP: 4000)

“By destroying my Masked Dragon, I can Special Summon the Armed Dragon LV in Attack Mode!” said Ryo as an armored orange baby dragon appeared & growled slightly. (1200/900)

“Don’t tell he’s using an Armed Dragon Deck,” claimed Clair.

“I don’t know what you are up to, but I don’t like it the least bit!” said Gethin, “I place a card face-down & end my turn.”

“I draw,” said Ryo, “and you should know that at this time, my Armed Dragon can evolve to its next Level 5 form. Come forth, the Armed Dragon LV 5!” (2400/1700)

The Armed Dragon growled as it glowed & became a larger version. This version was red with grey spiky armor & had 2 huge arms with a large jaw. It roared very angrily when on the field.

“Now, I summon a new monster to the field & let us welcome my Cyberdark Edge in Attack Mode,” said Ryo as a pair of grey metallic wings appeared. (800/800)

“What?! The Cyberdark monsters!” exclaimed Marco, “they were supposed to be locked away due to their tendency to kill their own users over time as they feed off the fighting will of their own users.! How did you get those?”

“Lord Liberion was the one who provided me them,” said Ryo, “at first, I also doubted their use, but I had tried them out on some grunt & won hands down!”

“According to legend, there was one great beast that would devour the souls of dragons & use their own strength. Even if one could slay the beast, they would have only killed the dragon within it,” said Marco, “eventually a mighty sorcerer used powerful Shadow Magic to separate the beast into 3 creatures that would embody its power…and they were deemed the Cyberdark monsters. As they fought in a duel, they would slowly drain off your willpower for their own resurrection; they will be your one-way trip to Hell!”

“No, this is the key to power….power that I thirsted for all my life,” said Ryo, “but back to the duel, when my Cyberdark Edge is summoned, I can activate its effect & do this.”

Suddenly, Masked Dragon appeared on the field, but was captured by the pinchers of the Cyberdark Edge. The Masked Dragon screamed as its energy was being drained rapidly. (800/800~2200/800)

“What did you do to that poor dragon?” demanded Gethin, “you’re hurting it!”

“Ha, they are just cards & they don’t have any feelings for they are only tools used to achieve our means,” reasoned Ryo.

“He’s dragging a Level 3 or below Dragon monster that Masked Dragon from the grave to act as fuel for the Cyberdark Edge, that’s the main idea behind the Cyberdark monsters,” said Marco.

“Now, I invoke the effect of my Armed Dragon & discard my Hunter Dragon to destroy your Life Lancer! Go, Genocide Blaster!” commanded Ryo as he discarded the card & Armed Dragon fired a volley of spike disks at Life Lancer, but the disks changed course to destroy the Armed Dragon itself. (Atoned Counter: 2)

“What happened? Your Life Lancer should be grinded to nothing, not my dragon!” complained Ryo.

“You can blame a card that I activated called Angel Blast,” said Gethin as he pointed at his activated face-down card, “I already knew what kind of tricks you were pulling on me when you summoned that Armed Dragon & had this prepared.”

“But my Cyberdark Deck feeds on the graveyard & whatever I have there. So I would be thanking you,” said Ryo, “and it would seem that my Cyberdark Edge can attack your Life Lancer, but I have other plans with it. I can attack you directly with its effect, but its attack must be halved. Go, Counter Bomb!” (2200/800~1100/800)

Cyberdark Edge flew over the Life Lancer & flapped its metallic wings to create a wind blast aimed at Gethin, blowing him off course.

Ryo (LP: 3500) Gethin (LP: 2900)

Ryo (LP: 3500) Gethin (LP: 2900)

“Even without my Armed Dragon, I can still subdue you,” said Ryo, “I place 2 cards face-down & end my turn.” (1100/800~2200/800)

“I draw,” said Gethin, “I play Pot of Greed & then Release my Life Lancer to Advance Summon my Life Brute in Attack Mode!” (2450/200)

Life Lancer disappeared inside a portal for a barbaric-looking warrior.

“Now, I play Monster Reborn to summon back my Life Lancer,” said Gethin as the Life Lancer reappeared again, (1600/1200) “and now, I remove 1 Atoned Counters so that my Life Brute gains 500 a permanent Points & he will take the first strike here!” (2450/200~2950/700, Atoned Counter: 1)

Life Brute stomped through the field & punched right into the Cyberdark Edge, but the impact only destroyed the Masked Dragon trapped inside it. (2200/800~800/800, Atoned Counter: 2)

[align=center]

Ryo (LP: 2750) Gethin (LP: 2900)[/align]

“Another feature of my Cyberdark monsters, when they are destroyed in battle, the dragons trapped inside will be the first to go,” said Ryo.

“But that makes your Edge weak enough for my Lancer to strike it down,” said Gethin as Life Lancer charged in for an attack.

“But since my Cyberdark monsters can only use its effect when it is Normal Summoned, I see no further use for it anymore,” said Ryo, “I activate Level Soul! By Releasing a monster that I control and removing a Level Monster in my graveyard from play, I can summon that Level monster’s next form. So, come forth, the Armed Dragon LV 7!!!” (2800/1000)

Before the attack of Life Lancer reached Cyberdark Edge, it disappeared at once. Suddenly, a dragon specter flew out of Ryo’s graveyard slot & formed into a large red dragon heavily-plated with spiky armor. 2 axe blades functioned as the dragon’s tail & a drill was affixed as the tip of its tail. It looked very bloodlust & roared loudly across the field.

“Wow…” gawked Gethin, “I don’t know I should…fear it or what…”

“Hey, keep your head in the game!” yelled Marin, “this opponent is something else & he’s got the big guns all set!”

“Ok…I set 2 face-down cards & that’s it!” said Gethin.

“Now I draw,” said Ryo, “and I invoke the effect of my Armed Dragon now, which is something like its Level 5 form, only better for I can discard any monster card & all monsters with lower Attack will be destroyed.”

“Oh, that is bad…” said Clair.

“Therefore, I discard The Masked Beast who has 3200 Attack Points to destroy all your dragons with the Serrated Sonic Disks!” cried Ryo as he discarded the card & Armed Dragon fired a barrage of disks to destroy both monsters. (Atoned Counter: 4)

“Oh no, I activate Reincarnation & I can summon my Life Guardian to protect me for the moment,” said Ryo as an armored bestial guard appeared & shielded itself, (100/2700) “and I activate Life Engraved & this prevents the deaths of any of my Life monsters this turn.”

“I summon the Cyberdark Horn in Attack Mode,” said Ryo as a seemingly-rusting metal dragon head appeared, (800/800) “and now, it takes 1 of my weaker dragons for its use & I grant him the use of my Hunter Dragon.”

The form of Hunter Dragon appeared, but it growled in pain as Cyberdark Horn grabbed its body & plugged in its wires. (800/800~2500/800)

“Next off, I activate the Trap Card, Snake Fang,” said Ryo, “this card lowers the defense of your monster by 500 for this turn.” (100/2700~100/2200)

“Oh no, but it is weak enough…but at least Life Engraved can protect it,” said Gethin.

“But not from my Cyberdark Horn’s trampling effect…attack that Life Guardian with Dark Spear!” commanded Ryo as Cyberdark Horn fired a dark blast from its 4 horns at Life Guardian, but it was deflected towards Gethin himself.

Ryo (LP: 2750) Gethin (LP: 2600)

Ryo (LP: 2750) Gethin (LP: 2600)

“I end my turn now & with satisfaction of your suffering,” said Ryo.

“I draw,” said Gethin, “and I summon the Life Synchron in Attack Mode!” (1200/400)

The young-looking wizard appeared on the field & waved its wand around.

“Now I Tune my Life Guardian to my Life Guardian!” said Gethin as Life Synchron became 3 rings, “The threads of life intertwine for a grand destiny! Become the light that shines along its lines! Synchro Summon! Come out now, my Life Eradicator!” (2600/2000)

Those 3 rings then passed through Life Guardian that became 4 orbs of light. As they all connected, a winged demon in golden armor appeared.

“And now, I can gain 1300 points, but I can also distribute half of that amount to you as damage,” said Gethin.

Ryo (LP: 2100) Gethin (LP: 3250)

Ryo (LP: 2100) Gethin (LP: 3250)

“Also, I can remove my Life Brute from play to destroy Armed Dragon,” said Gethin as Life Eradicator generated an energy orb to throw at Armed Dragon & destroy it, “I remove another Atoned Counter to grant my Eradicator 500 points & I attack that Cyberdark Horn of yours even if that dragon blocks my way!” (2600/2000~3100/2500, Atoned Counter: 3)

Life Eradicator flew towards the Cyberdark Horn & slashed the Hunter Dragon inside it. (2500/800~800/800, Atoned Counter: 4)

Ryo (LP: 1600) Gethin (LP: 3250)

Ryo (LP: 1600) Gethin (LP: 3250)

“Now, I end my turn,” said Gethin.

“Draw,” said Ryo, but he felt a pain somewhere in his chest & gripped at it.

“The curse of the Cyberdarks…it is affecting him…” thought Marco.

“What’s happening?” thought Oblivia, “is he ok?”

“Hmm…he apparently don’t have what it takes to resist & control the mysterious powers of Duel Spirits…” mused Liberion, “only Marin & I have achieved this level among all of us so far, but what of my daughter?”

“Like I was about to say, I play the Card of Demise for 5 cards & I summon the last of the Cyberdark Monsters…the Cyberdark Keel!” said Ryo as a long slender metallic dragon made out of black metal appeared, (800/800) “and like its brethren, I can grant him a dragon monster & I give him my Hunter Dragon for another round.”

Hunter Dragon reappeared again, but it was wrapped by Cyberdark Keel’s body & wires were plugged into its flesh. (800/800~2500/800)

“But my Life Eradicator is still much stronger here,” claimed Gethin.

“I know, so I play De-Synchro to split your monster into its 2 component monsters,” said Ryo as Life Eradicator split itself into 7 orbs that reformed as Life Synchron & Life Guardian in Defense Modes, (1200/400, 100/2700) “and before I take things on the offense, I activate Rush Recklessly to give my Keel a boost & Megamorph to double my Cyberdark Horn’s Attack.” (2500/800~3200/800, 800/800~1600/800)

“Now they are strong enough to attack them both,” said Oblivia.

“Cyberdark Keel, attack Life Guardian with Dark Whip!” commanded Ryo.

Cyberdark Keel flew towards Life Guardian & lashed out its whip to destroy it. After the attack, Cyberdark Keel made another lash at Gethin directly before returning to its master’s side.

Ryo (LP: 2000) Gethin (LP: 2950)

Ryo (LP: 2000) Gethin (LP: 2950)

“But my monster was in Defense Mode, so how did I just…” exclaimed Gethin.

“When my Cyberdark Keel destroys a monster in battle, it inflicts 300 points of damage to you,” said Ryo, “and my Cyberdark Horn will follow up with Dark Spear!”

Cyberdark Horn then fired a blast of darkness from its horns to destroy Life Synchron. After the strike, Cyberdark Horn groaned slightly as it shrunk. (1600/800~400/800, Atoned Counter: 6)

Ryo (LP: 2000) Gethin (LP: 1750)

Ryo (LP: 2000) Gethin (LP: 1750)

“But at least, there is a visible weak link in those monsters now,” noted Thoth, “They rely too much on the graveyard for monsters. Without it, they are just a pile of scrap metal.”

“Now, I play Weapon Exchange & destroy the worthless Megamorph so that I may draw 1 card,” said Ryo as the Megamorph was destroyed & he drew a card…a card that he made an evil smile at, “your final hour is upon you now! I play the very card I just got…the Spell Card…Cyberdark Impact!”

Ryo slid the card in & it showed all 3 Cyberdark monsters there.

“By returning the 3 Cyberdark monsters in either my graveyard, hand or field back to my deck, I can Fusion Summon 1 of the deadliest monsters in the game ever…come forth, the Cyberdark Dragon!!!” yelled Ryo.

Cyberdark Edge appeared next to its 2 other partner monsters as dark clouds were swirling above them. The 3 monsters then flew in it & lightning then descended on the field, revealing a new creature rising from the smoke. It was seemingly a chimera of all 3 Cyberdark monsters, with the Horn being the head of the new creature. The Edge served as its wings, while the Keel became the overall body. It was very menacingly as it screeched loudly when summoned. (1000/1000)

“The avatar of the beast I spoke of…it’s such an abomination…” gawked Marco.

“Too bad your deadliest monster happens to only have 1000 Attack points,” noted Gethin.

“Hey, my ace monster is also a weak high-level monster that whooped you good,” said Clair, “stats aren’t everything if you got good effects.”

“She’s right about this, because I can take any dragon from my graveyard & give it to my dragon for fuel & I take the Armed Dragon LV 7!” said Ryo as Armed Dragon LV 7 appeared, but was quickly captured & plugged into the Cyberdark Dragon, (1000/1000~3800/1000) “not to mention, it gains a further 100 points for every monster in my graveyard.” (3800/1000~4300/1000)

“Ok…now that is powerful…” said Gethin as gulped.

“I play Deck Lockdown & end my turn with a face-down,” said Ryo as the said cards appeared.

“I draw…” said Gethin as he looked at his hand.

“Normally, I can Special Summon Lucif if I destroyed Life Atoned that has 5 counters on…but that Deck Lockdown card had to prevent me from such,” thought Gethin.

“How brilliant of him to stop Lucif in time…at least he is not as dumb as Blake,” remarked Marin, “but that fool had to pay with his life in the end.”

“Well…I remove 3 Atoned Counters from Life Atoned to Special Summon any number of Life monsters from my graveyard in Defense Mode,” said Gethin, “so I summon Life Synchron, Life Lancer & Life Guardian in Defense Mode!” (1200/400, 1600/1200, 100/2700, Atoned Counter: 3)

Suddenly, the bestial guardian, young wizard & lancer appeared, all of them kneeling in defense.

“However, their effects are now negated & they can’t attack or be Released or sent to the graveyard for a Fusion or Synchro Summon, but all that will be gone by my next turn,” said Gethin, “so I set a face-down & end my turn as that.”

“Cowering behind your monsters, eh…” said Ryo as he drew his card.

“I activate Pyro Clock of Destiny & speed up the time here by 1 turn, enough to destroy your Deck Lockdown prematurely,” declared Gethin as the said card shattered.

“It matters not for I summon the Cyberdark Keel in Attack mode,” said Ryo as the black metal pipe-like dragon appeared again & Hunter Dragon also appeared to be captured by it. (800/800~2500/800, 4300/1000~4200/1000)

“Cyberdark Dragon, attack that Life Guardian with Dark Cyber Stream!” commanded Ryo as Cyberdark Dragon unleashed a deadly screech to destroy Life Guardian, “and now, my Cyberdark Keel attacks your Life Synchron with Dark Whip!”

Cyberdark Keel flew towards Life Synchron & lashed him with its tail & then hit Gethin as well. (Atoned Counter: 5)

Ryo (LP: 2000) Gethin (LP: 1450)

Ryo (LP: 2000) Gethin (LP: 1450)

“I now end my turn,” said Ryo.

“I draw,” said Gethin, “and now, I destroy Life Atoned with 5 Atoned Counters in order to summon my Redeemed Life-Lucif!” (2800/1400)

The Life Atoned card shattered & the semi-angelic/demonic creature appeared on the field.

“Now and, I put my Life Lancer in Attack Mode,” said Gethin as the lancer stood up; “I activate Lucif’s effect & remove your Cyberdark Dragon from play!”

Lucif unleashed a volley of light upon Cyberdark Dragon & it was erased by the immerse light.

[align=center]

Ryo (LP: 3000) Gethin (LP: 1450)[/align]

“But you gain Life Points equal to its original Attack,” said Gethin, “but I attack you directly with both my monsters & that will finish you off.”

Life Lancer charged & pierced into Ryo’s body & Lucif unleashed a volley of light on Ryo, that blinded him.

[align=center]

Ryo (LP: 0) Gethin (LP: 1450)[/align]

“Ahhh!!!!” yelled Ryo, “My heart…it burns…somebody please…”

However, he couldn’t finish his words as he fainted & panted weakly.

“What a weakling, I guess I was wrong about him,” said Liberion.

“The curse must have overtaken him,” said Marco, “there’s nothing much we can do now, it was his own folly for using them & that was his price.”

Seeing this, Lunette dragged Ryo out of harm’s way & stepped forward herself. All this while, she remained silent & cold. However, one could see her mouth move as she muttered something.

“You…you’ll pay…for stealing…my Uncle Marin away…Clair Kinet…” muttered Lunette timidly.

[spoiler=Card of the Day]

Redeemed Life-Lucif

LIGHT/Fiend-Effect/LV 8/ATK 2800/DEF 1400

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by the effect of “Life Atoned”. Once per turn, you can remove 1 face-up monster on your opponent’s side of the field from play. Your opponent gains Life Points equal to the Attack of the removed monster. When this card destroys a monster in battle, it is returned to the bottom of its controller’s deck.

Gethin: Today’s Card is the Redeemed Life-Lucif! He can only be Summoned when I destroy a Life Atoned with 5 Atoned Counters on it. He can remove 1 enemy monster from play, but the opponent will receive a slight gift in Life Points. By destroying an enemy monster, it is returned to the deck instead.

[spoiler=Next Chapter]

Clair: So this girl is Marin’s niece…and she seems rather shy somehow. But looks are the most deceiving element! Next on Yu-Gi-Oh Key of the Mind-Ch 71-The Sum of All Weak!

Lunette: Gimme back Uncle Marin…you thief!

Close match' date=' and a nice ending. Yay, Gethin won!

Pity I didn't do as i said and get some cards to add to his deck. But ahh well, maybe next time.

And a deceptive deck is coming up it appears...

So yeah, good chapter.

[/quote']

actually,you already saw Lunette's deck that she will be using

[spoiler=Ch 71-The Sum of All Weak]

“I never stole him, he came with me on his own accord,” said Clair, puzzled at what happened.

“You liar!” snapped Lunette, “he was ever faithful to his lord & now he’s betraying him! It won’t happen…unless you did something! Duel me now!”

“What a change in character…what did Liberion do to her…” thought Marin as he looked over to his niece.

“Your Highness, I beg of you to help my niece please! She’s not herself today,” said Marin as he gave her 2 cards from his deck, “I can only hope that they can help you & her. I can only imagine what happened to her.”

“Fine, I will save her,” said Clair as she slid the 2 cards in her deck, “let’s duel then.”

Lunette then quickly strapped a Standard Duel Disk that was trimmed with pink stripes onto her arm & started it. Clair also did the same with her Duel Disk too.

Lunette (LP: 4000) Clair (LP: 4000)

Lunette (LP: 4000) Clair (LP: 4000)

“I’ll start things off first,” said Clair, “I summon the Telekinetic Shocker in Attack Mode.” (1700/700)

The red-suited man appeared on the field & flashed green lightning.

“I add a face-down card to the field & end my turn,” said Clair.

“My turn now,” said Lunette, “and I summon my Goblin Zombie in Attack Mode!” (1100/1050)

A short bony skeletal creature appeared & it brandished a short sword.

“Now, I play the Spell Card, Overpowering Eyes. This allows a Zombie monster that I control to attack you directly this turn so long it has at most 2000 Attack Points,” said Lunette, “and now, attack her directly & impose upon her my message of vengeance!”

Goblin Zombie’s eyes glowed & Telekinetic Shocker was stunned from it. Without anything to stop it, it jumped over the Psychic monster to attack Clair directly.

Lunette (LP: 4000) Clair (LP: 2900)

Lunette (LP: 4000) Clair (LP: 2900)

“Now that my Goblin Zombie has damaged you, you must discard the top card of your deck,” said Lunette as Clair discarded a Quillbolt Hedgehog, “I set 2 cards face-down & end my turn.”

“I draw,” said Clair, “and I summon my Psychic Commander in Attack Mode.” (1400/800)

The military-styled man in the floating tank appeared & made a salute towards Clair before returning to face to the field.

“When a Tuner Monster like my Psychic Commander is on the field, I can instantly Special Summon my Quillbolt Hedgehog from my graveyard,” said Clair as a small hedgehog with a bolt-filled back appeared. (800/800)

“I will now attack your Goblin Zombie with my Telekinetic Shocker,” said Clair, “and now, the effect of my Psychic Commander will take 500 from your Zombie’s score.” (1100/1050~600/550)

Psychic Commander fired a laser that slightly injured the Goblin Zombie, while Telekinetic Shocker fired a blast of green lightning at Goblin Zombie soon after.

Lunette (LP: 2900) Clair (LP: 2400)

Lunette (LP: 2900) Clair (LP: 2400)

“Whne my Goblin Zombie is sent to the graveyard from the field, I can add a Zombie monster with a weak defense to my hand,” said Lunette, “and I play Quick Summon to summon that monster right away, my Skull Servant!” (300/200)

Suddenly, a skeleton draped in a purple robe appeared & ducked in defense.

“What!? You’re using that deck I gave you…” exclaimed Marin in surprise.

“Yes, I am using that exact deck…and I shall use these cards within to defeat Clair & save you!” said Lunette, “now, I also play The League of Uniform Nomenclature!”

“That card allows one to summon any more copies of a Level 2 or below Normal Monster,” said Thoth, “I guess she’s planning on amassing those Skull Servants for something.”

Suddenly, 2 more Skull Servants appeared beside the first one & kneeled together. (300/200 x2)

“Regardless, my 2 other monsters shall still attack,” said Clair as Psychic Commander fired a laser to destroy 1 Skull Servant, while Quillbolt Hedgehog tackled into another, “and now, I Tune my Hedgehog into Psychic Commander! Ancient magic & distant technology combine as 1 force to lead a path straight to the stars. Soul of silicon, align into existence. Synchro Summon! Come out now, Magical Android!” (2400/1700)

Psychic Commander became 3 rings as they went pass the dissolving Quillbolt Hedgehog. Suddenly, an android with a long staff appeared gracefully. (2400/1700)

“And I end my turn as my monster’s effect activates to heal me,” said Clair as she was bathed in light of her Magical Android.

Lunette (LP: 2900) Clair (LP: 3600)

Lunette (LP: 2900) Clair (LP: 3600)

“I draw,” said Lunette, “I move my Skull Servant to Attack Mode & give him a card called Phalanx Pike!”

Skull Servant then rose up to its feet & a golden spear appeared in its arms.

“That spell…it grants a monster 900 Attack points for every other copy in the graveyard” explained Marco.

“And there are 2 more sent down there,” said Lunette, (300/200~2100/200) “and I play Foolish Burial in order to send the Lady in Wight to my graveyard as well.”

“But if she did that, then that Skull Servant will only become stronger since those ladies are considered as Skull Servants in the graveyard,” noted Gethin as the card was slid into the graveyard. (2100/200~3000/200)

“Attack that Magical Android with Phalanx Slash!” commanded Lunette as Skull Servant slashed Magical Android, but Telekinetic Shocker jumped in to take the attack.

“By paying 500 Life Points, I can prevent the destruction of 1 of my Psychic monsters,” said Clai, “although the Battle Damage is still taken into account of.”

[align=center]

Lunette (LP: 2900) Clair (LP: 2500)[/align]

“If I can’t destroy it, then I’ll do this instead. I play Grief Tablet & use it to seal your Magical Android in it,” said Lunette.

A stone tablet appeared behind Magical Android & absorbed him inside it. In a few moments, the crude image of Magical Android appeared on the tablet.

“Now, your Magical Android’s effect is negated, cannot move its Battle Position or attack,” summarized Lunette, “and if that monster is destroyed, you lose another 500 Life Points. I end my turn now.”

“I play Supernatural Healing! It can only activate an End Phase & I can gain 1000 Life Points for every Psychic sent to the graveyard this turn,” said Clair, “and since it will be my turn, I draw!”

Lunette (LP: 2900) Clair (LP: 3500)

Lunette (LP: 2900) Clair (LP: 3500)

“So pesky,” grunted Lunette as she clenched her fist, “I can’t wipe her Life Points without her putting them back up again.”

“I activate my second Trap, Call of the Haunted to revive my Psychic Commander in Attack Mode!” said Clair as the military-styled man appeared, (1400/800) “now I Tune my Magical Android into Psychic Commander!”

“She’s summoning that Thought Ruler Archfiend!” butted Gethin.

“Not exactly…Behold the radiance of heaven’s might, Synchro Summon, Light End Dragon!” chanted Clair as the long serpentine white dragon appeared. (2600/2100)

‘Be safe & strong…the both of you…” thought Marin as he watched the duel with a worried look.

“That card…it is 1 of Uncle Marin’s prized cards…” noted Lunette, “…you thief…I’ll defeat you…”

“Light End Dragon, attack Skull Servant now with Shining Sublimation!” commanded Clair, “and then, its Light Expansion effect activates.” (2600/2100~2100/1600, 3000/200~1500/0)

Light End Dragon then fired a powerful blast of light from its mouth to vaporize Skull Servant into dust.

Lunette (LP: 2300) Clair (LP: 3500)

Lunette (LP: 2300) Clair (LP: 3500)

“I set 1 face-down & end my turn,” said Clair.

“My draw,” said Lunette, “I summon the Pyramid Turtle in Defense Mode & end my turn as that.” (1200/1400)

An Egyptian-like tortoise with a pyramid mounted on its back appeared & hid in its shell.

“I draw,” said Clair, “and I summon my Psychic Snail in Attack Mode.” (1900/1200)

A purple-yellow giant snail appeared on the field & made a low moan.

“Now, I attack that turtle of yours with my Psychic Snail!” said Clair as the snail fired a bolt of electricity at the Turtle to destroy it.

“By destroying my Pyramid Turtle, I can summon a Zombie monster with less than 2000 Defense Points from my deck…” said Lunette, “and now, I summon it right now…I give you His Royal Undeadness…The King of the Skull Servants!” (?/0)

Suddenly, the ground shook as the larger skeleton in a more elaborate purple robe appeared & cackled loudly.

“As you might know, my King gets 1000 points for every one of its subjects…and there are 4 of them down there,” said Lunette. (?/0~4000/0)

“Not even my Light End Dragon’s effect can pierce through her monster’s power…” thought Clair.

“I end my turn then,” said Clair.

“I draw,” said Lunette, “I summon the Lady in Wight in Defense Mode!” (0/2200)

A stone throne appeared & a skeleton with a cobweb-infested head donned in a black dress appeared.

“Besides being treated as a Skull Servant while in my graveyard, she is able to protect all other Level 3 or below Zombie monsters from battle or Spell & Trap Cards,” said Lunette, “I will now attack your Psychic Snail with Wrath of Wight!”

The King of the Skull Servants formed an orb of darkness & threw it at the Psychic Snail.

[align=center]

Lunette (LP: 2300) Clair (LP: 1400)[/align]

“I activate my Telepathic Power Trap Card,” said Clair, but it had no effect on the King.

“Didn’t you forget…it doesn’t work as long as the Lady in Wight is on the field & if she sent her to the graveyard, she will only fuel my King even more,” said Lunette, “I end my turn now.”

“My turn,” said Clair, “I activate my Trap Card, Buster Mode! By Releasing my Light End Dragon, I can Special Summon the Light End Dragon/Buster!” (3100/2600)

Suddenly, Light End Dragon gave off a bright glow. As the glow cast off, it showed Light End Dragon donning more elaborate golden armor on its face & chest.

“Astounding…” exclaimed Marin.

“So it is true of the rumors then…Clair does wield the rare Buster Mode card,” mused Liberion, “ironic that I must spend my early days to locate it only for my own daughter to hold it…”

“I activate Soul Tuning & summoning my Thought Ruler Archfiend in Attack Mode by removing Magical Android & Psychic Commander,” said Clair as the green bony demon appeared. (2700/2300)

“And now, I use my Light End Dragon’s special ability to lower your King’s stats by 1500 without paying a dime,” said Clair, (4000/0~2500/0) “so attack the King of Skull Servants with Radiant Sublimation!”

Light End Dragon/Buster fired a power blast of pure white light on the King of the Skull Servants, but it was not destroyed.

Lunette (LP: 1600) Clair (LP: 1400)

Lunette (LP: 1600) Clair (LP: 1400)

“Hey, that bag of bones should be dead & stayed dead by now,” claimed Gethin. (2500/0~4000/0)

“The Lady in Wight can prevent the destruction of any Level 3 or below Zombie monster & the King is among that range,” explained Marin, “but even so, the King has an effect that allows him to be Special Summoned by removing a Skull Servant in her graveyard from play.”

“Attack the Lady in Wight now with Mental Lightning Strike!” ordered Clair as Thought Ruler Archfiend fired a green lightning blast at the Lady in Wight. The King then grew stronger with more power. (4000/0~5000/0)

“Oh no, it is now even stronger now,” claimed Gethin.

“But at least she tried to do the most sensible thing,” said Marin, “by attacking the King who is in Attack Mode; she can inflict some damage still…”

“But if she took the blow on the Lady in Wight, that will only make the King too strong even for Light End Dragon/Buster to defeat,” continued Thoth, “so she could only do the best thing in her opinion.”

“I set 3 face-downs & end my turn,” said Clair.

“I draw,” said Lunette, “I equip my King with the Opti-Camouflage Armor!”

Suddenly, the purple elaborate robes were replaced by a green armor styled like a chameleon. The armored form of the King was also holding a forked spear.

“Oh no, with that card, he can now do a direct attack on Clair!” exclaimed Marin.

“Indeed, attack her directly with Stealthy Sneak Attack!” commanded Lunette as the armored King vanished into thin air & suddenly reappeared behind Clair herself.

“No way am I going out that easily!” said Clair, “I activate Card Defense to shield me from a direct attack like this by discarding a card!”

As such, Clair quickly discarded a card as the King pierced into Clair’s body. However, a force prevented the strike to succeed. Clair then drew another card after the failed attack.

“So you got lucky with that move, big deal!” claimed Lunette, “I set a face-down & end my turn.”

“I draw then,” said Clair, “and I play the Trap Card, Level Re-tuner & this decreases my monster’s Level by 2 & I select my Thought Ruler Archfiend!” (LV: 8~6)

“Huh?! She lowered her own monster’s Level…but for what…” wondered Gethin.

“For this…I summon Krebons to the field,” said Clair as the circuitry-styled jester-like creature appeared, (1200/400) “and I Tune my Archfiend & Krebons…tremble before the might of eternal darkness which consumes all…Synchro Summon! Dark End Dragon!” (2600/2100)

Suddenly, Krebons dissolved into 2 rings & they went pass the Thought Ruler, which dissolved into 6 orbs. Suddenly, a beam of light shone & a pitch-black demonic dragon was seen from it.

“I activate the Trap Card, Next to be Lost!” said Lunette, “I can discard a copy of a monster that I have on the field & by discarding another copy of the King; it gains an additional 1000 points.” (5000/0~6000/0)

“I activate my final Trap,” said Clair as a card opened, showing a frog being trapped in a mirror maze, “it is called Mirror Trap & it lets me take a Trap Card from my graveyard & set it on the field, and guess what…I can play it instantly! Go, Buster Mode!”

“Again! But there’s only 1 thing she can do in…” mused Liberion.

“I Release the Dark End Dragon to Special Summon the Dark End Dragon/Buster!” cried Clair as Dark End Dragon was fitted into grey armor on its chest & limbs. (3200/2600)

“Impressive move there…” said Marin as he smiled.

“Now I attack your King with my Dark End Dragon with Shadow Fog!” commanded Clair as Dark End Dragon/Buster breathed out a blast of pure darkness at the King.

“But you’ll only hurt yourself…” said Lunette.

Anyway, Dark End Dragon’s attack covered the King completely. As the darkness cleared away, the King was all gone by then.

“Dark End Dragon/Buster can send any monster it battles with to the graveyard,” explained Clair, “and now; I attack you directly with Light End Dragon/Buster!”

Light End Dragon/Buster then unleashed a blast of light at Lunette directly.

Lunette (LP: 0) Clair (LP: 1400)

Lunette (LP: 0) Clair (LP: 1400)

“You…you…monster!” yelled Lunette as she lurched on forward, “I’ll still…still…”

Suddenly, she was pushed back to the ground unconscious by another force, a force made by Clair.

“I want to know now, what happened to her?” questioned Clair, “anyone here to answer?”

However, no one dared confess anything. Yet, Marin knew only too well of who was it…

“Oblivia! You got something to do with all this, right?” yelled Marin.

“Uh…yeah…” confessed Oblivia, “she was just so distressful…and so pain-ridden when she knew of your betrayal…and I had to do it in the end, but I made a slight change to her character…”

“You little dirty bit…” yelled Marin as he was about to draw out his sword.

“Marin, stop this foolishness,” echoed a booming voice.

As everyone looked up, they all saw the Great Overmind, Liberion, standing solitarily on the metal beams.

“Marin…you have done me so wrong,” said Liberion, “but let us have a little spar.”

“What do you mean…a duel…” wondered Marin.

“Ha! Such foolish games played by primitives, I think we deserve something more traditional of us High Knights,” said Liberion as he conjured a scythe out of flames on his right hand & a fireball from his other hand.

He then threw the fireball at Marin, but it was blocked out by a force field. As Marin recovered from that strike, Liberion jumped downwards with his fire scythe for a melee attack. Marin then quickly blocked it out with his sword, only for the flames to brush through the steel of the blade with ease. Wasting no time, Marin flew backwards & thrust his sword to the ground & caused a shockwave across the ground & heading directly towards Liberion. But, flames were surrounding him & it formed a makeshift barrier to protect him from the attack as it hit the fire barrier. After that, the barrier bursted open with Liberion flying straight towards Marin with his fire scythe ready to slash him. Marin charged at his former liege with his sword & speed boosted by his powers. The collision caused this great explosion in the warehouse. However, both sides were still standing strong.

“Ah, you have improved since then,” said Liberion, “I am actually impressed, frankly speaking.”

“I thank you my Lord, but shall we continue?” said Marin as metal pieces levitated over his head to form a huge compressed metal orb & he flung it towards his foe.

However, Liberion amassed the flames around him & form a dragon made of fire & directed it to attack the metal orb. Another explosion was heard as the metals broke into even smaller pieces & smoke filled the area. As Marin tried to recover from that last attack, a fire blast struck him in the chest & sent him flying.

“What kind of power is this?” asked Marin.

“Something that I learnt while I was in China…the Huo Long Kou,” said Liberion as he appeared from the ruins, “let’s do it again.”

Liberion then opened his mouth wide & a small ball of fire was seen within it. It then grew larger & larger until it was the size of a basketball. Then, he unleashed it upon Marin & a booming roar accompanied it. It was about to hit Marin when Clair jumped in & created another force field of her own to save Marin.

“Strange, rarely would anyone risk their own life to save a Knight for they exist knowing their intention is to offer their all for Arcadius,” said Liberion.

“You mean you left Mom & I just to fulfill your duty,” said Clair.

“As heartless I may sound, this is all for the greater good. Yet, you are correct that we must not conduct infighting at a time like this,” said Liberion, “so how about this…an ultimatum…”

“What ultimatum?” inquired Clair?

“You are to assemble a small group to come to my fortress & then we all shall dunk it all out for the sake of the world,” said Liberion, “do you accept my proposed challenge?”

Clair said nothing in response, but she nodded to it at least.

“Very well!” said Liberion, “you all shall see my fortress as my ultimate plan is all set by now!”

Light End Dragon/Buster

LIGHT/Dragon-Effect/LV 10/ATK 3200/DEF 2600

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by the effect of “Buster Mode”. When this card attacks a monster, during the Damage Step, decrease the attack target’s Attack & Defense Points by 1500. When this card on the field is destroyed, Special Summon 1 “Light End Dragon” from your graveyard.

Marin: Today’s Card is the Light End Dragon/Buster! Obviously the Buster Mode of Marin’s dragon, it has nearly the same effect…other than the fact that there is no Attack decrease for it here. Even in the case where in it is destroyed, I can still Summon the original version up here to finish the job.

[spoiler=Next Chapter]

Clair: So we were offered an ultimatum…but who should go for this? This may be one battle that we may not get out alive…

Marin: Legends also speak of this Psychic who would spend all of eternality as a simple guard…and they call him the Doormaster…Next on Yu-Gi-Oh Key of the Mind-Ch 72-Point of No Return! This is it, the final confrontation…

Note: I will be gone to Hong Kong for like 5 weeks. Therefore, I will not be updating this fanfic. If you want to spend long periods revising the plot, now's the chance to do so.

[spoiler=Ch 72-Point of No Return]

After Liberion said that, his words had left all present in the warehouse shocked at his decision of an ultimatum.

“My Lord, are you certain of this?” asked Ryo.

“Certainly!” replied Liberion, “now since all of you lost, return the girl to them.”

“Yes, my Lord!” replied Oblivia as she pressed a mechanism on her remote control & the steel cross that Venus was bound on appeared into the scene & Marco went to her to help her out.

“Are you ok?” asked Marco.

“Oh…Marco, how…Hamatsujin is…” said Venus.

“Don’t worry, he’s long gone,” said Marco as he gave her a tight embrace & a kiss.

“Gross! Now I really want to…” said Ryo in disgust, before Oblivia tugged onto his clothes.

“If His Almightiness allows her freed, you shall let her be freed with her lover,” said Oblivia.

“And now, the elites of Arcadius, Doormaster & I awaits you at Arcadius Sky Fortress,” said Liberion as a wall of fire covered him & his allies and they were gone.

“Huh? The Doormaster?” said Thoth, “who’s he?”

“The legendary man only spoken in myths,” said Marin as he recovered from that blast, “they say that he exists as early as the Golden Ages…”

“But that was over 10,000 years ago,” claimed Gethin, “he couldn’t live that long.”

“In fact, even I am not sure of this enigma myself,” said Marin, “but legends have it that he was charged to guard the gates of Arcadius for all time, and had done so for countless generations since then.”

“But that’s just a myth…right?” said Gethin, “and he couldn’t had survived all those sieges we had suffered over the millennia.”

“That…I’m not even sure of myself, but our top priority is to assemble a team to go there,” said Marin.

“Very well, we don’t have time to lose,” said Clair, “let’s start it from here. Without a doubt, I have to go.”

“And so shall I, for I know of the fortress the most,” said Marin.

“And I will go with you on this mad quest too,” said Marco, “…for what they did to Venus.”

“But let’s get more people into this;” suggested Marin, “the elites of Holy Arcadius Empire may even include every Head of Department to join in the rally & the remaining Knights there as well.”

Meanwhile, in the Arcadius Sky Fortress, a meeting was held inside the throne room itself amongst a group of elites. Murmurs were filling up the entire area of the room, over the recent events that occurred upon Arcadius.

“So Grand Duke Sutherland, is it true that both Sir Marin & Commander Ace have betrayed us?” asked a female who was donned in a white overcoat with a light pink polo shirt underneath.

“Jane, I am not certain myself, but I think it may be so,” replied Sutherland, who was an old man, dressed in a conservative brown suit with a top hat & black cane.

“I guess we’ll know all soon enough…heh-heh-heh,” said a man draped in a black cloak with a mask that concealed the top half of his face.

“Weaseley, shut up!” said Oblivia as she called out to the cloaked man, “His Supremeness is present now.”

In that instant, all the whispers & murmurs in the room were silenced as the main door opened ajar. The group of elites all stepped aside & bowed in respect as Liberion came walking in with both Ryo & Hashim by his side. Soon, he sat on his throne & gazed at his audience.

“I am certain that you all have questions regarding the recent events, but I shall say the only priority that you all must know,” said Liberion calmly, “it is now time for our ever-evolving Empire to take one big step towards the world & burn the old world of wickedness into nothingness. Now s the time when all is readied, but I have offered an ultimatum to those who wished to stop me.”

“What sort of ultimatum, sir?” asked Sutherland.

“That they all shall come here & personally deal with us,” said Liberion, “and now, all of you are the higher-ups of Arcadius & a few selected others that I had chosen.”

At that moment, he looked over the distance to see Dario & Lunette.

“And we all shall defend Arcadius & our desires for a better tomorrow!” exclaimed Liberion as he raised his clenched right fist up, “and…All Hail Arcadius!!!”

Meanwhile, Clair was also meeting a group of people at the Dales’ house. Among others, there were Penny, Miora, Fuyuki, Curtis, Marco, Norman, Marin, Gethin & Matt gathered there already.

“So guys, I…we need all your help to stop my father & his mad plans,” said Clair, “we may be able to live through this, so if you want to back out now, now’s the only chance you’ve got.”

“Clair, as your friend, I will always be by your side in times of need,” said Penny, “and besides, you need someone to watch your back.”

“And count me in too,” said Miora.

“I never backed down from a challenge & I’m not planning to start backing out now,” said Matt, “therefore, I’m in & staying in.”

“Clair, I will also go for it for the sake of all of us,” said Norman.

“Thanks guys, you’re all so supportive,” said Clair, then the doorbell suddenly rang.

As Clair went to get the door, she saw the Chinese mind reader Psychic, Mao, at the doorstep along with Timothy.

“Hey there, overheard your little raid there & thought I would just come & aid you guys with some news,” said Mao as he clapped his hands aimlessly.

“Mao, this is quite unnece…” noted Timothy.

“I know what you’ll say, so shut up,” said Mao, “and I suggest for someone to turn on the TV for a real eye-opener.”

As such, Curtis had the TV turned on under Mao’s request & a shocking emergency news was broadcasted at that time.

“Ladies & gentlemen, we interrupt all known scheduled programs for this special news report. We have spotted an unidentified flying object hovering on the air space of Oregeorgia. Reports have identified it as a black citadel powered by some floatation drive; similar to the one used by the alleged “Great Overmind” & his organization. Any possible association is still unknown at this stage & the citadel seems to hold no hostilities as of now, however the Central Government Centre of Washington DC had suggested the population to evacuate ASAP. This is Mary Willis, bringing you this news & will be in the near future.”

“Oh my, you can just hear the thoughts of Armageddon going on among those people fleeing for their lives,” exclaimed Mao excitedly.

“This is it, it seems,” said Marin, “the end of the old world & the beginning of the new one…”

“Hey, how did you know abo…” asked Penny.

“The range of my powers is extremely vast & that allows me to read most of the city at its maximum extent,” explained Mao, “and I think you lot should go like now, Clair.”

“Then, all in favor of me, let’s move out,” said Clair as she stepped outside to the stormy sky.

“So long you guys, and don’t worry about your folks, Curtis,” called Mao, “we’ll take good care of them for you.”

“And that’s what worries me the most,” claimed Curtis, “a mind reading maniac taking care of people…what a crazy day…”

Up on top of a skyscraper in the city, Lullaby & the Ally were gazing upon the city as the wind blew their hair over their faces. Lullaby took notice of the people who were running in fear below on the surface, with some of them pushing others away from them as they dashed out without any concern for others.

“Quite barbaric, are those people,” remarked Lullaby, “they truly deserve the fate of death.”

“Forgive them my apprentice, for they fear the unknown terror that Arcadius might bring forth to the world,” said the Ally, “it is only natural for one to flee in cases of facing the unknown.”

“Makes me wonder why you had to help him in the first place,” said Lullaby, “I’m sure you knew all this would happen, right?”

“All has been decreed by destiny & only this shall resolve Arcadius for its next stage,” said the Ally as he looked up to see the Arcadius Sky Fortress, “Severus’ plans must be reaching for its climax by now.”

After saying that, he turned his attention towards another flying shape in the stormy sky. It was very blurry due to the weather, but the Ally smiled upon seeing it.

“Excellent, even Clair came along too,” said the Ally, “and now, everything is set for the ultimate plan!”

“What ultimate plan?” wondered Lullaby?

“One that shall set the world anew,” said the Ally as he chuckled.

However, the Ally & his apprentice were not the only ones to notice the presence of the flying shape. Even Liberion spotted it from his room & upon closer inspection; he identified it as a Dark End Dragon & Clair was riding on it along with her team of allies.

“So they have prepared themselves for it,” said Liberion, “Doormaster, you best be readied for the invaders.”

A man covered only in brown robes was standing unmoving behind him. An antique-styled Duel Disk could be seen on his arm & a spear on the other, but only his arms & the lower half of his face were seen. His mouth gave off a slight smile in response.

In front of the entire Sky Fortress lied a semi-circular platform where a tall metal gate stood aloft on top of a small flight of steps. The gate itself was completely made out of cold black iron & was seemingly sealed up. A Dark End Dragon landed on that site & Clair & her company all climbed down from the dragon as it began to disappear.

“So we are at the gate now,” said Clair, “I would expect a guard here.”

Suddenly, the gate opened ajar & strong winds blew out of it. As they could all see, there was the brown man draped fully in brown robes with the Duel Disk.

“I am the Doormaster & have been summoned by the 999th to stop all invaders,” introduced the Doormaster in an old hoarse voice.

“Ha, he’s wearing a Duel Disk. Therefore, he’s a fraud!” exclaimed Gethin, “no way would an old timer like him grasp something as advanced as a Duel Disk.”

“On the contrary, I just did grasp the concept…given that I have all of eternity to learn,” said the Doormaster, “after all, my Psychic ability grants me something like immortality & I have lived since the Golden Ages & am officially 12,060 years old.”

“C’mon! Who are you trying to kid here?” said Marco, “we aren’t a bunch of three year olds!”

The Doormaster took a small dagger from his robes & quickly stabbed himself directly in his chest. However, he was still standing & was twitching the dagger around his chest as blood flowed out profusely.

“Ok, we will buy that!” pleaded Gethin.

“Now I request a duel from anyone of you,” said the Doormaster as he pulled the dagger out of his body, “I can only allow you access if one of you were to defeat me in a duel.”

“Since I’m the ringleader of this operation, I’ll duel you then,” said Clair as she stepped forward.

The Doormaster remained silent, but walked until he reached the edge of the steps & thrust his spear to the ground as he activated his Duel Disk.

Doormaster (LP: 4000) Clair (LP: 4000)

Doormaster (LP: 4000) Clair (LP: 4000)

“Seeing as I have all of eternity, I shall let you go first,” said the Doormaster as he gestured for Clair to begin.

“Boy, you are unnaturally confident here,” said Clair as she drew, “and I summon the Power Injector in Attack Mode.” (1300/1400)

The zombie-like creature with 2 barrel-shaped arms appeared & moaned loudly.

“Oh please, I had lived & seen people dying in gruesome ways during my times. That doesn’t scare me one bit at all,” said the Doormaster.

“But I’m sure 3 face-down cards can hold you wary for now,” said Clair, “and I end my turn.”

“I thought you could give me more of a challenge here, but I seem to have overestimated you,” said the Doormaster as he also drew a card, “I summon…this monster, the Vice Dragon!” (2000/2400~1000/1200)

A purple dragon with green wings appeared & roared loudly.

“We all know of its effect that forces his stats to be halved, so you should be planning for a Synchro Summon or an Advance Summon or maybe Skill Drain with it,” deduced Clair.

“Wrong, wrong and…wrong still,” replied the Doormaster, “I play Soul Exchange & this allows me to Release your Power Injector should I need to Release a monster…and I Release your Power Injector to Advance Summon Castle Gate!” (0/2400)

Power Injector then broke into globes of light as they all reformed to become something like a medieval castle gateway. There was a stone hand that seemed to able to open up the gate.

“Wait there…why is a defensive monster like it doing in Attack Mode?” questioned Marco, “maybe the old age got to your head…ages ago?”

“My powers not only affect my body, but my physical & mental capabilities as well. Therefore, I couldn’t be weak or senile with age,” explained the Doormaster, “since my Castle Gate is now in Attack Mode, I can Release 1 Level 5 or below monster that I control so as I can inflict damage to you by an amount equaling to the Released monster’s original Attack…”

“And that Vice Dragon’s the only other monster…and it got…2000 Attack in the first place,” noted Miora.

“Begone my Vice Dragon!” called the Doormaster & the Vice Dragon vanished, “Fire away, Monster Cannon!”

Vice Dragon vanished in light grains as they all flew into the opened doors of Castle Gate. After that, Castle Gate formed an orb of energy within it & fired it away to hit Clair directly.

Doormaster (LP: 4000) Clair (LP: 2000)

Doormaster (LP: 4000) Clair (LP: 2000)

“Half of her…Life Points…gone like that…” hollered Penny, “this guy is not wasting any time, even if he have all the time in the world.”

“Now, I place 2 cards face-down & end my turn,” said the Doormaster.

“Hmm…there’s no way she could win especially after I had those set on the field,” thought the Doormaster, “by using Call of the Haunted next turn allows me to Release it again & she’ll be history by then…also I have Zero Gravity to change my Castle Gate’s Battle Position to Defense…I couldn’t be stopped now!”

“Oh well, I knew she would fail anyway,” claimed Curtis, only to be whacked by Penny.

“No one asked for your opinions!” snapped Penny.

“Castle Gate is known to be a monster that couldn’t be destroyed in battle, but is still susceptible to Battle Damage when in Attack Mode. As a measure, those face-down cards must be the kind that negates Battle Damage,” deduced Marin.

“I draw,” said Clair, “and I play Call of the Haunted myself to summon my Power Injector to the field again.” (1300/1400)

The card opened & the zombie-like creature rose from the ground.

“Wait there…” muttered the Doormaster, “she hasn’t Normal Summoned yet…”

“And I Release my Power Injector to Advance Summon the Overdrive Teleporter in Attack Mode,” said Clair.

Power Injector disappeared in a portal & a man donned in a white lab coat & a pair of visors appeared out of the portal & onto the field. (2100/1200)

“I equip him with the Telekinetic Charging Cell,” said Clair as Overdrive Teleporter was encased inside a sphere of electricity, “and now, I use my Teleporter’s effect to summon 2 Level 3 Psychic-Type monsters to the field. Normally, I must pay 2000 Life Points, but my Telekinetic Charging Cell does that for me. So, I call forth 2 copies of the same card, the Psychic Commander!” (1400/800 x2)

Overdrive Teleporter raised both of his hands & formed lightning in them, which he shot to the ground next to him. In an instant, 2 Psychic Commanders were there.

“If all of them attack Castle Gate, Clair will win this!” said Penny, “bro, you better eat up your words now!”

“I activate Zero Gravity & this card switches the Battle Positions of all monsters on the field,” said the Doormaster.

A wave of power swept across the field & the Overdrive Teleporter knelt in defense. The 2 Psychic Commanders floated off to be closer to the ground & they crossed their arms. Castle Gate made no major movement, but it was quite apparent that it also moved to Defense Mode.

“When one plan fails, try another one! I Tune my Overdrive Teleporter into my Psychic Commander!” declared Clair.

“A Synchro Summon! You could do it?” exclaimed the Doormaster.

“Of course…Hidden power of the stars shall now unleash their true might! Unseen forces, leave your power at its wake! Synchro Summon! Appear now, Hyper Psycho Gunner!” chanted Clair.

Psychic Commander converted into 3 rings that went past Overdrive Teleporter, which also became 6 orbs of light. Suddenly, a robotic giant appeared on the field. It was covered in white armor & had 2 gun-like weapons as its arms. (3000/2500)

“That card can inflict piercing damage to the opponent,” said Miora.

“Even so, my Castle Gate remains standing & I will finish her off on my next turn,” thought the Doormaster.

“I activate my other face-down, the infamous Buster Mode & Release the Hyper Psycho Gunner for it,” said Clair.

“What!? Even the /Buster Monsters are on your side!” cried the Doormaster.

“Appear now, Hyper Psycho Gunner/Buster!” called Clair as Hyper Psycho Gunner reappeared…with even more reinforced armor & some protrusions on its back, (3500/3000) “and now, attack Castle Gate with your Hyper Buster Cannon!”

Hyper Psycho Gunner/Buster then fired a powerful blast of energy at Castle Gate, which also went to hit the Doormaster directly.

Doormaster (LP: 1600) Clair (LP: 2000)

Doormaster (LP: 1600) Clair (LP: 2000)

“What happened?” wondered Curtis.

“Where else the original version inflicts trampling damage & converts it into Life Points gain, this Buster version inflicts the opponent the Defense of the attacked monster & I gain Life Points equal to its Attack,” explained Clair, “since your Castle Gate has 2400 Defense Points & no Attack Points, you take 2400 points of damage & I gain nothing.”

“But my Castle Gate cannot be destroyed in battle & next turn…that’s when I will end your game,” said the Doormaster.

“Why wait for your turn when I can end it now…I activate my last Trap Card, Buster Slash!” declared Clair as the card opened, “now, every last monster on the field is now destroyed!”

Suddenly, Hyper Psycho Gunner/Buster, Psychic Commander & Castle Gate bursted into flames & all of them were gone as quick as the wind. Suddenly, the original Hyper Psycho Gunner appeared on the field again. (3000/2500)

“When a /Buster Monster is destroyed under any means, the original counterpart is summoned to the field again,” said Clair, “so attack him directly & end this!”

“No way, I activate Call of the Haunted & summon my Vice Dragon to protect me!” said the Doormaster as the dragon appeared again, only to be blasted away by the incoming attack. (2000/2400)

Doormaster (LP: 600) Clair (LP: 2000)

Doormaster (LP: 600) Clair (LP: 2000)

“Now that was rather climatic…I end my turn,” said Clair.

“I draw,” said the Doormaster, “and I place 1 card face-down & end my turn.”

“That’s it…the face-down must be something then…” said Matt.

“Now I draw and…” said Clair, but was interrupted.

“I activate the Trap Card, Final Fusion!” said the Doormaster, “this will inflict both of us damage equaling to the total Attack of all face-up monster…and that will be…3000 points of damage fro us.”

“What!? He’s planning to make a draw out of this!” exclaimed Miora.

“As the Doormaster, I am sworn to put my life for the sake of Arcadius,” said the Doormaster, “may my sacrifice grant us all a new tomorrow…All Hail Arcadius!!!”

“By discarding my Life Coordinator, I can negate the effect damage your card has brought,” said Clair as she discarded her last card, “and now, my Hyper Psycho Gunner will attack you directly!”

Hyper Psycho Gunner fired another blast from its arms to hit the Doormaster. This blast was so powerful that it threw him to the gate itself.

Doormaster (LP: 0) Clair (LP: 2000)

Doormaster (LP: 0) Clair (LP: 2000)

After that last blast, the Doormaster lied at the gate with his cloak & hood detached. It revealed to be a young-looking handsome man with long flowing blond hair that made him look like a lion.

“You are really strong, maybe I may have the pleasure to serve you someday,” said the Doormaster, “but as I have lost the duel, I grant you access to Arcadius & the 999th is expecting your presence.”

The Doormaster turned around to face the iron door & placed his right hand at the midpoint.

“The barriers of Grand Arcadius fall before my words. So as these wanderers may move onward. By my words of power, I say out…” chanted the Doormaster, “…my very name…Alohomora!!!”

Upon saying that, the unmoving gate made an eerie creak & slowly slid open. Behind the opened gate were darkness that blinded all visions further ahead & a series of mist spreading at their legs.

“The rest of the journey lies ahead with the 999th at its end & the inner circle of Arcadius between here & there,” warned the Doormaster as he stepped aside for them to walk through, “do you accept to walk to this path of no return?”

“We all accept going there, no matter what,” said Clair.

Suddenly, the inside of the door became a powerful vortex & pulled all of them inside the door by some form of invisible force. After a moment, it slammed shut again.

“May Mana guide us all towards the paths of tomorrow in this time of turmoil…” uttered the Doormaster named Alohomora.

Hyper Psycho Gunner/Buster

EARTH/Psychic-Effect/LV 11/ATK 3500/DEF 3000

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by the effect of "Buster Mode". When this card attacks, inflict damage to your opponent equal to the target monster's DEF at the end of the Damage Step, and gain Life Points equal to that monster's ATK. When this card is destroyed, Special Summon 1 "Hyper Psycho Gunner" from your Graveyard.

Clair: Today’s Card is yet another /Buster Monster & this one is called Hyper Psycho Gunner/Buster. Unlike its Synchro counterpart who does trampling damage, this monster inflicts damage equaling to the target’s Defense while the Attack value is converted into Life Points for me. Like all other / Buster monsters, I can summon back the Synchro version if it were destroyed. This card is also distinguished by the fact it is 1 of the very few Level 11 monsters in the game.

[spoiler=Next Chapter]

Marin: Within the elite circle of Arcadius, there exists a Psychic who leads a double life. In public face, he is a mysterious CEO who is the true power behind the administration of the United Kingdoms of Scandinavia. Where else, among us, he is Arcadius’ Head of Logistics…a man who has the right & power over materialistic wealth of all of Arcadius itself…Grand Duke Joseph Sutherland…Next on Yu-Gi-Oh Key of the Mind-Ch 73-Power Beneath!

Penny: Some old dude is here facing us & this battle seems to be destined somehow…

Archived