Yu-Gi-Oh Key of the Mind (FINISHED)

Wyhe

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ah so you're a Harry Potter fan.

and that doormaster was pretty easy to beat

yeah I am...

and the doormaster is just a gatekeeper' date='so I don't have much high opinion on him

great chapter! sad about the fact u r leaving for a while. have fun in Hong Knog!

thanks & I will be having fun...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello there! I am back to the desk with new ideas for a spin-off. But let me give you the info on the next chapter in case you forget.

P.S. The new character shown will be seen quite frequently on my next spin-off too.

Marin: Within the elite circle of Arcadius, there exists a Psychic who leads a double life. In public face, he is a mysterious CEO who is the true power behind the administration of the United Kingdoms of Scandinavia. Where else, among us, he is Arcadius’ Head of Logistics…a man who has the right & power over materialistic wealth of all of Arcadius itself…Grand Duke Joseph Sutherland…Next on Yu-Gi-Oh Key of the Mind-Ch 73-Power Beneath!

Penny: Some old dude is here facing us & this battle seems to be destined somehow…

Hello there! This is my first chapter done in almost a month. I suggest for youreaders to take a close look on Sutherland because he will be quite a character in my spin-off series related to this one. And now, enjoy the read.

[spoiler=Ch 73-Power Beneath]

“Ohhh…my head…” moaned Penny as she slowly opened her eyes, only to find herself alone…and surrounded by nothing but a shroud of cloudy mists that was blanketing her form, “huh? Where’re the others?”

Hastily, she rose up onto her legs & began to feel around her for something.

“C’mon, there’s gotta be someone else here!” shrieked Penny as her low level of patience was wearing off rapidly, “please, anyone at all! Curtis, help me!”

Suddenly, she felt something that felt weird strangely. Within a split second, a yell echoed throughout the place & Penny fell backwards towards the ground. Just then, the fog revealed what she just touched-Curtis’ backside. Also, he was with Miora too & she was also shook up by his scream.

“Penny! I should’ve known!” yelled Curtis as he turned behind, “you know I hate people sneaking me up from behind!”

“But I was alone & that creeps me out!” argued Penny in fear.

“Well you are one of the only ones who knew of this weakness of mine…besides Clair…and she now;” argued Curtis as he faced Miora, “Say a word of fairness to your good friend here!”

“Well…I don’t really know…the situation was kind of sudden & we need to stick together on this one,” suggested Miora.

“Lesson No. 1, bro-Never expect to win an argument if it is a 2-on-1 deal,” claimed Penny, “Hope you would bring in your people next time.”

“If only you got a next time…” said an unknown voice coming from the mists.

“Huh? Who’s out there?” demanded Curtis.

“Judging by that accent, I would say ancestrally Scottish, but with major Swedish influence,” remarked Miora.

Suddenly, something flew past his right leg & hurt him. Penny took notice that it was a piece of ice.

“Pathetic, but it would be unfair & ungentlemanly of me to merely do all of you in with my powers,” mocked the voice, “as such, let me reveal myself to you.”

Suddenly, the mists disappeared into thin air & the trio could see their whereabouts. It was some sort of a large empty field, but with black iron walls & floors that was covered by a large red carpet with no visible openings anywhere. They were not alone as an old man wearing a brown suit & cloak over it along with a cane. He looked somewhat European & had graying hair along with a bushy mustache of that same colour.

“Greetings, I believe you may know who I am by now,” said the aged Psychic, “I bet it is quite a surprise there.”

“Eh…you don’t ring any bells to me,” said Penny, “but you are obviously an elite in Arcadius here & that’s all I need to know from you!”

“That face…it is so familiar…are you ever on TV before?” asked Curtis.

“C’mon! He’s a Psychic hiding from the world for God’s sake! He would be too stupid to show up on some TV show!” cried Penny.

“On the contrary, yes & on some magazines on business skills & politics mainly,” replied the Psychic.

“Now I remember you!” exclaimed Curtis, “you’re the CEO of Sutherland Corporation, Joseph Sutherland! I’ve heard of your work before.”

“Ah yes, I am among the world’s top 10 in terms of financial wealth,” said Sutherland, “but just call me Sutherland since we are away from the media.”

“So…who are you again?” asked Penny, who was dumb-founded.

“You’re a cavewoman!” cried Curtis, “he is the one & only Joseph Sutherland. Besides being the CEO of a multi-billion dollar company, he is also a high ranking official of the United Kingdom of Scandinavia! You gotta be dumb, blind & deaf not to know him.”

“Hard to believe that a wealthy socialite happens to be a Psychic, wonder what else we don’t know of them,” pondered Miora.

“If I say on that, it would take days to & Severus’ plans will be null,” said Sutherland.

“Huh?” wondered Miora.

“That’s the Overmind’s birth name,” explained Penny, “apparently; I guess you knew him since he was the High Knight.”

“Yes, but enough of trivial chattering!” proclaimed Sutherland as he revealed his arm to show a Duel Disk attached, “here’s an universal sport & game called Duel Monsters & show me what you got, lassie!”

“Sounds like a challenge to me!” said Penny as she prepared her Duel Disk, “and you’re on & will be sorry for this, you old timer.”

“Don’t worry about her, she just doesn’t respect her seniors & elders,” said Curtis.

“None taken, since we are currently foes,” said Sutherland as he drew out his Opening Hand, “and…we duel!”

[align=center]

Penny (LP: 4000) Sutherland (LP: 4000)[/align]

“So it begins…and I draw,” said Sutherland, “and now I summon the Shadowknight Archfiend in Attack Mode!” (2000/1600)

A small tornado whirled suddenly & a bony winged demon appeared. Its eyes were glowing red with long flowing dark hair. Its left arm was a demonic claw; where else its right one was only a blade.

“An Archfiend!” exclaimed Miora, “you got to be kidding! That one drains off 900 Life Points every one of your Standby Phase & it does only half the damage in battle. It’s not worth it to use him nowadays.”

“That may be so, but I have something to cushion the first fatal drawback of the Archfiends,” said Sutherland calmly as he placed another card onto his Field Spell Zone, “I bring us all to the very homeworld of the Archfiends, welcome to Pandemonium!”

Suddenly, lightning flashed & the empty chamber was all gone. In its place was a barren wasteland filled with what that seemed to be bones & rocks. Directly between the 2 players, there was a pit filled with lava. The Shadowknight seemed to be grinning with glen when it was sent to its home.

“You’re correct that the Archfiends would demand a price to be summoned & used, but as long they are working at home, they have no need for the blood sacrifice,” said Sutherland, “and now, I end my turn.”

“I draw,” said Penny, “and I set a monster & another 2 more cards face-down for my turn.”

A face-down monster lay onto the field along with another 2 of them behind.

“Hmm, so you are laying low on this one,” said Sutherland as he drew, “now I shall summon the Shadowknight’s liege, the Terrorking Archfiend!” (2000/1500)

Another strike of lightning struck & hit an area next to Shadowknight when it knelt in respect. From the smoke, the form of another demon appeared. It was similar to the Shadowknight, but had a crown-like skull & a large broadsword was held in its arms.

“I cannot summon him unless there was another Archfiend monster on my side of the field,” said Sutherland, “so now, let’s get busy! Shadowknight, attack that face-down monster with Shadow Night Slash!”

Shadowknight’s blade arm glowed in a dark colour as it rushed towards the face-down card. Suddenly, a small white wolf decorated with golden ornaments appeared & was slashed off by the Shadowknight. (200/100)

“That was Ryko, the Lightsworn Hunter & by flipping him face-up, your Terrorking is now history!” proclaimed Penny.

“Since you have an effect to pin on my Archfiends, I can play a game to see its success with my Archfiend’s ability to change probability at hand. I call forth the Hell Roulette!” called Sutherland as 6 orbs numbered 1-6 flew out of the center pit of lava & floated next to Sutherland himself, “in my Terrorking’s case, if it hit a 2 or a 5, then your Hunter’s effect is null & void.”

A small ball of fire burst on the No. 1 orb & went to No. 2 and so on in a fast pace. Eventually, it slowed down and stopped at…a 5. The form of Ryko appeared & pounced on Terrorking, but the kingly demon slashed the wolf before it reached him.

“Terrorking, attack her directly with Wrath of Pandemonia!” commanded Sutherland as the Terrorking slashed his broadsword to create a violent shockwave of darkness ready to hit Penny.

“That’s it! I activate Offensive Guard to halve your monster’s attack!” said Penny as the shockwave proceeded to hit her. (2000/1500~1000/1500)

Penny (LP: 3000) Sutherland (LP: 4000)

Penny (LP: 3000) Sutherland (LP: 4000)

“And now…I get to…draw a card,” said Penny as she drew a card from her deck, “also, Ryko’s second effect will be that I can mill off 3 cards.” (Wulf, Lightsworn Beast, Mirror Force, Lumina, Lightsworn Summoner)

As she discarded them, a bipedal white werewolf appeared & growled angrily. (2100/300)

“So you finally got something to match up with my 2 Archfiends,” said Sutherland, “I place 2 cards face-down & let you strike, but be cautioned by my cards.”

Silently, Penny made her draw. All this while, her mind was deep in thought of her next move.

“Hmm, I ought to be attacking that Terrorking of his since he poses more of a threat to me,” thought Penny, “but…he gotta be pulling some mind trick on me! Yeah…he’s a Psychic after all!”

“Wulf, take no chances! Attack the king for a checkmate!” declared Penny, “and now, I activate the face-down card called Piece of Hope!”

The face-down card opened up as Wulf charged in for an attack.

“If Penny deals any Battle Damage, she can draw a card from her deck,” said Curtis, “and if it was a Trap Card, she must play it right away.”

“Ho-ho, you must be thinking that you are getting ahead in the game…but you’re not!” said Sutherland, “I also activate my Trap Card, the Attack Guidance Armor! It will latch onto another monster on the field & will draw all attacks towards him. Wulf, your target is now my Shadowknight!”

A demonic chest plate armor appeared & latched itself onto the Shadowkinght Archfiend. As Wulf charged for the attack, the ‘eyes’ of the armor plate glowed & Wulf stopped its attack. It then changed course & went to destroy the Shadowknight instead.

Penny (LP: 3000) Sutherland (LP: 3900)

Penny (LP: 3000) Sutherland (LP: 3900)

“Damn it! I hate reverse psychology!” thought Penny in anger, “but at least…”

“The knight always steps forth to demand his king, that’s the golden rule of all knights…even demonic ones,” said Sutherland, “your bigger threat is still at large as a result.”

“But on the bright side…I just dealt you some Battle Damage & now I can draw a card,” said Penny as she slowly drew it out.

“Now let’s see if she is lucky on this one or not,” said Miora as she watched.

Penny drew out her card & glanced at it. It was indeed a Trap Card & one that could be used at this time too.

“Lady Luck is on my side today! By destroying my Piece of Hope, I can activate…the Solar Ray Trap Card!” declared Penny as Piece of Hope shattered into pieces & the Solar Ray card appeared, “this card deals you 600 points of damage for every LIGHT monster that I control!”

A blast of light shot out of the card & hit Sutherland in the chest.

[align=center]

Penny (LP: 3000) Sutherland (LP: 3300)[/align]

“Just luck & that won’t do much for you,” said Sutherland, “and the scoreboard says I am still in the lead.”

“Well…I place a card face-down & end my turn,” said Penny.

“My turn!” declared Sutherland as he drew, “I play Foolish Burial & send a monster of mine to the graveyard!”

A card slid out of Sutherland’s deck & he simply slid it to his graveyard slot.

“Whatever did he do that for?” wondered Curtis.

“Step #2, I summon the Darkbishop Archfiend in Defense Mode!” said Sutherland as another demon appeared. This one was draped in a purple cloak & held a skull staff. It also had a skull shaped like a bishop’s headdress. (300/1400)

“Why would anyone summon something that weak?” inquired Penny.

“Among all the Archfiends, the Darkbishop has the most refined control over probability itself,” explained Sutherland, “when any of my Archfiends are affected by card effects, it will intervene & it has a 3 out of 6 chance. But now, my Terrorking will give your monster the Wrath of Pandemonia!!!”

“What!? But Wulf has higher Attack points!” stated Miora.

“Oh does it? Why don’t you take a look yourself?” claimed Sutherland.

Everyone then looked at Wulf, which had no change at all. Suddenly, a dragon-like demon in red armor appeared behind it & grabbed it in surprise. (2100/300~1600/300) Terrorrking created a shockwave of darkness to quickly destroy the weakened Wulf.

Penny (LP: 2600) Sutherland (LP: 3300)

Penny (LP: 2600) Sutherland (LP: 3300)

“That was the Archfiend of Gilfer,” said Sutherland, “when he is sent to the graveyard, he will hang on to another monster & restrain 500 Attack points from it.”

“That must be what he just discarded with Foolish Burial,” claimed Curtis.

“But by destroying my monster, you’ve triggered Soul Rope & I pay 1000 Life Points so that I can summon the Level 4 Lyla, Lightsworn Sorceress in Attack Mode!” (1700/200)

[align=center]

Penny (LP: 1600) Sutherland (LP: 3300)[/align]

Suddenly, a lady in white robes & a golden rod appeared onto the field.

“Since my Darkbishop is in Defense Mode, he can’t attack you, but that would be dumb obviously,” said Sutherland, “I set another face-down & activate my Trap Card, Second Roulette Spin! This is almost like a Trap version of Second Coin Toss, but only for effects involving dice rolls. I end my turn!”

“Then, I draw,” said Penny, “and for starters, I change my Sorceress’ Battle Position from offensive to defense.”

As such, Penny placed her card horizontally & the magician of light knelt as well.

“And what’s the point of this?” questioned Sutherland.

“When my Lightsworn Sorceress changes her Battle Position like that, I can destroy 1 of your Spell or Trap Cards & I choose…your Pandemonium Field Spell!” said Penny as Lyla unleashed a ray of light from her rod & the bony chamber slowly crumbled into dust & the original room returned to the scene.

“Yeah! Now he has to pay Life Points during his Standby Phase & he can’t weasel his way out of this one,” cheered Miora, “C’mon! Go, Penny!”

“Bravo for disrupting my strategy, but can you really stop it?” wondered Sutherland.

“I’ll show you something! I Release Lyla to Advance Summon Gragonith, Lightsworn Dragon in Attack Mode!” cried Penny as Lyla disappeared in a portal & the large white dragon appeared & roared out loud, (2000/1600~3200/1600) “as you can tell, my dragon gains 300 Attack Points for every other Lightsworn monster resting in the graveyard & not to mention that he can attack through your defenses…now attack the Darkbishop with Shining Burst!”

Gragonith fired a blast of pure white light & it instantly obliterated the Darkbishop into nothingness. As he was being destroyed, loud painful screams were heard.

Penny (LP: 1600) Sutherland (LP: 1500)

Penny (LP: 1600) Sutherland (LP: 1500)

“Ok, now she is in the lead…but for how long…” claimed Curtis.

“Ok, now I end my turn, but I need to send 3 cards to the graveyard,” said Penny as she discarded those 3 cards (Garoth, Lightsworn Warrior, Light Spiral, Light of Redemption) & Gragonith glowed with more strength. (3200/1600~3500/1600)

“And I draw now…” said Sutherland as he drew. As soon as he drew out the card, Terrorking turned around & clawed into him. Mysteriously, Penny also felt that same pain on herself & yelled in pain.

Penny (LP: 800) Sutherland (LP: 700)

Penny (LP: 800) Sutherland (LP: 700)

“What…what just happened?” wondered Penny as she regained her composure again.

“This card happened,” said Sutherland weakly as he pointed out his face-down card-now face-up, “I activated it just when you send my Darkbishop to Kingdom Come.”

“Now I remember it! That’s the Trap Card Battle-Scarred!” said Curtis, “it forces the same Life Points payment to the opponent as well.”

“Exactly, I don’t need to destroy your Lightsworn Dragon at all, just live through my next turn & we both shall lose,” said Sutherland.

“Ah, but I can just attack your Terrorking & win this instead,” noted Penny.

“Pay attention to this here face-down card that I shall set upon the field & I call it a turn,” said Sutherland as he slid in the Shadow Spell Trap Card onto his Disk.

“Wonder whatever card he just threw in there…” thought Curtis.

“Hmm…thanks to my Shadow Spell, when she is foolish enough to attack me, I will use it to string up her monster,” thought Sutherland, “I shall succeed no matter what!”

“Ok...either that face-down was a bluff too or I am screwed big-time. Guess everything counts on whatever card I draw…Heart of the Cards, do your magic…please,” thought Penny intensively as she drew out her card & looked at it.

“Yes! I’ve got just what I needed now!” exclaimed Penny excitedly, “I Release Gragonith so that I can Advance Summon Celestia, the Lightsworn Angel in Attack Mode too!” (2300/200)

The dragon roared a final roar as it vanished into a portal & a feminine angel in white armor & long flowing purple hair appeared. She carried a long staff on her right hand.

“Huh? Did you just summoned a monster that is weaker than the one you already had?” wondered Sutherland, “and one that requires a Release no less. What are you planning?”

“This! When Celestia had a fellow Lightsworn Released for its Advance Summoning, I can mill off 4 cards of my deck…” said Penny as she discarded those cards, (Dimensional Stronghold Weapon, Realm of Light, Light Laser, Hallowed Life Barrier) “…and up to 2 cards of yours will be destroyed! I choose the Terrorking Archfiend & that face-down card.”

“However, my Terrorking’s effect allows me to roll hell’s roulette & let’s see how things work out from here. Spin, Hell Roulette!” cried Sutherland as the fireball started on the No. 2 orb & moved on continuously…until it stopped at the…No. 4 orb, “oh drat! But my Second Dice Roll’s effect gives me a second chance at this, so roll again!”

The fireball continued to move on from No. 4 & kept on moving…until it stopped at…the No. 3 orb!

“Oh no!” cried Sutherland at what happened.

“And the effect continues from here too,” Said Penny, “Judgment of Light!”

Celestia flew up & swiped her 2 wings to create waves to destroy both Terrorking Archfiend along with the face-down card, which was revealed to be Shadow Spell.

“Phew, I was right about this,” said Penny with relief, “and now, Celestia will attack you directly!”

Celestia held out her staff & a light blast was fired from it to hit Sutherland & threw him back.

Penny (LP: 800) Sutherland (LP: 0)

Penny (LP: 800) Sutherland (LP: 0)

“You did it! I knew you would! I never doubted you for a second!” congratulated Curtis on Penny’s victory.

“Yah…I’ve failed my mission to defend everyone I loved…” said Sutherland dejectedly as tears went down his face, “I had a brother once, but was killed in the Genocide…and also a daughter who ran away from me…2 sons, but only one lived till this day…and his wife…she’s pregnant…I just don’t want to lose them…my family!”

“Oh my, you don’t need to cry like that,” said Penny as she approached him, “we are not racists pal & will put the conflicts of the world at peace so that your family may live in peace. And that, I promise.”

“Hmm…very well then,” said Sutherland, “please proceed to the door.”

“What door?” inquired Curtis, “and mind telling us your psychic power?”

“Mine is the ability to control water molecules & create ice shards, steam, fog or just plain old water. I was responsible for all materialistic wealth to Arcadius & contribute through financial aid,” revealed Sutherland, “and the doors were specially redesigned for you guys. The wall will have a number glowing & that corresponds to a monster Level. Just take it down & you may go on.”

As such, the trio looked around for walls with glowing numbers. Within a short while, Miora saw something. On one wall, there was the glowing no. 4 in purple on it. Suddenly, part of that wall melted off to form an opening to a misty area.

“Hey guys, I think I found it!” Miora called to her friends as a rectangular cobalt wall with a small brown portion in its middle & the painting of an eye appeared in front of that wall. Also, a face-down card appeared in front of the newly-formed monster for a moment before melting away.

“That’s the Gate Blocker, a monster who can limit one’s progress,” said Sutherland, “with its high defense, beating it will not be easy. Also, be wary of the face-down card too.”

“Don’t worry about it, I got it covered,” said Curtis as he activated his own Duel Disk, “I summon the Destiny Hero-Doom Lord!”

In a flash of darkness, the warrior draped in a black cape & with 2 large claws appeared.

“Go get that Gate Blocker with Impending Doom Grip!” commanded Curtis as Doom Lord grabbed Gate Blocker & it vanished into thin air, “come on! He’ll be back later, so let’s hurry now!”

Following his words, the trio then ran towards the opening & into the fog. Left behind was Sutherland as he opened up his handphone & typed in a number for a call of sorts.

“Hello, is that you Carl?” called Sutherland, “so how are you, my son? Oh, your baby was born a few hours ago! Oh my, what good news this is! So her name? Oh, it’s Victoria, good name & you chose wisely…you know, I was beaten by a duelist today & her luck was better than mine…”

[spoiler=Card of the Day]

Terrorking Archfiend

DARK/Fiend-Effect/LV 4/ATK 2000/DEF 1500

You cannot Normal Summon or Flip Summon this card unless you have an Archfiend Monster Card on your side of the field. The controller of this card pays 800 Life Points during each of his/her Standby Phases (this is not optional). When this card is specifically designated as a target of the effect of a card controlled by your opponent, when resolving the effect, roll a six-sided die. If the result is 2 or 5, negate the effect and destroy the opponent's card. Also, negate the effect of an Effect Monster that is destroyed by this monster as a result of battle.

Sutherland: The Card of the Day is my very own Terrorking Archfiend! As a monarch in the Hellion Kingdom of Pandemonium, he cannot be called upon unless another Archfiend is present. His powers can overrule other monsters’ petty effects, but will demand a tribute in blood…unless he is at home of course.

[spoiler=Next Chapter]

Marin: Another member within Arcadius’ inner circle is the Head of Medical Sciences. Known for her young age to be a Head of Department, she is called Jane Freya. Despite her young age, she is known to be quite tough too. Next on Yu-Gi-Oh Key of the Mind-Ch 74-Pullarity!

Mark: She may be a beauty, but that attraction…I hope it doesn’t get in the way!

Good to see it going again... And I was thinking of Lightsworn vs. Archfiends at one point this week' date=' they both needed costs and demons vs. light, they do work.

Anyway, nice chapter.

[/quote']

I actually got that idea in another yugioh fanfic some time ago, they made a mention that the lightsworns would battle the archfiends of pandemonium & voila! I got ch 73 done on software.

This is no intended double-post, but it is just that I have made my newest chapter now. So please don't talk about it because I am fully aware of it.

[spoiler=Ch 74-Pullarity]

In the residing chamber for guests within the confides of the citadel, a girl in pink polo shirt gazed deeply into a crystal compact mirror. What she saw inside was Matt & Gethin being together within the foggy grounds of the citadel & they were apparently arguing to each other.

“Ho ho, so you’re here too Gethin,” said the girl sinisterly as she caressed her hands around the crystal mirror, “too bad this time we are on less than good terms…and that guy…the one who did & defeated Candice…he should be easy & mine…heh-heh-heh…”

Deep within the fog, both Fuyuki & Marco were trying their best to navigate their way around…but to no avail.

“Oh dang it! Now we are lost & will never find a way out of here!” complained Marco as he stomped on the unseen floor, “I wonder if we are dead or not!”

“You know I can tell where in all universes we are in & I can vouch for it that we are still alive…but at least currently,” reassured Fuyuki, “but rest assured for I’ll use my powers to allow me perceive the area around us in terms of physical dimension & kind of ‘see’ my way through the fog. Just hold onto me before we proceed.”

Trusting his friend, Marco held on tightly to Fuyuki as his eyes glowed & stared blankly in the space around them.

“Ok…I see…I see…2 people there…and they…they are…someone we both know…they are…are…friends…” uttered Fuyuki in a trance-like state as he walked off in a direction & effectively dragged Marco with him.

As they walked towards that direction led by Fuyuki, they eventually bumped directly into someone. With that bump, Fuyuki regained his conscious & the duo found that they had knocked into the duo of Matt & Gethin.

“Great, now that we found someone else here,” said Marco, “but where are the others?”

“I have no idea; I can only see something like a room & nothing beyond there. It was as though time & space is distorted within the citadel to tamper with a Psychic’s heightened senses,” speculated Fuyuki, “Liberion has prepared a lot for our arrival indeed.”

“Great to see someone else here regardless,” said Matt, “the guy I was stuck with had no clue how to get out of here & he dared call himself a Psychic still!”

“That was only because my power was only healing, a power classified under the Physical Doctrine!” defended Gethin, “you need someone with a power classified under the Space-Time Doctrine to do that.”

“Break it up, guys! We need to get out of here first before you two can start bashing each other,” said Marco.

“Wait!” Fuyuki cried as his eyes suddenly glowed, “there’s someone out there…and she’s not a friend of us!”

Suddenly, the mist faded away to show the details of the room they were trapped in. It was similar to the room that Penny & her allies were trapped in, being a black room with no visible openings. Across the room, there was a girl of great beauty donned in a pink polo shirt & lab coat with a long magenta cloak draping over her. Her face boded a happy grin as she saw the 4 boys.

“My my, what handsome guests we have this fine day…” said the girl, “in case you want to know, my name is Jane…Jane Freya & I’m the Head of Medical Sciences of Arcadius. Nice to meet you boys, especially dear Gethin of course.”

“Yeah…” Gethin replied uncertainly.

“C’mon, you know it,” said Jane flirtingly, “we were together back we were training...and know every single last aspect none other can perceive…and you gave me everything I wanted for 1 night…”

“Oh…my…God! Did you…like do her or what?” hollered Matt on her statement, “from my experience, it is never a good thing!”

“Is this your way of punishment for me dumping you?”wondered Gethin, “by blurting it all out to everyone you see! You never changed one bit!”

Gethin madly rushed at Jane, ready to tackle her down. However, Jane’s eyes glowed & he fell on his front side on his first step, being held down & forced to kneel by an unknown force. The others were puzzled by the strange phenomenon as Gethin regained his foothold to stand upright as the glow in Jane’s eyes stopped.

“Apparently, you had forgotten all about my powers…the ability to control gravitational pulls & pushes,” said Jane as she revealed a Duel Disk attached to her arm, “so who will it be? It will be unfair of me to take on some of you…so how about…is anyone of you by any chance named Matt Tucker?”

“Yup & you must be dumb to even think that you can beat me, the Duel King of Caesar St,” bragged Matt.

“So…if I beat you in a duel, I can be the Duel Queen of Caesar St,” said Jane, “that would go nicely in my resume.”

“Bring it on handsome, and I’ll do the same for you,” said Jane as she smirked & activated her Duel Disk, a move followed by Matt.

“To be honest, I couldn’t help not trusting her…she has a reason for making that choice among all of us…” thought Gethin as both players drew out their opening hands.

Matt (LP: 4000) Jane (LP: 4000)

Matt (LP: 4000) Jane (LP: 4000)

“I’m sure you would be gentlemanly enough to allow a beautiful lady such as myself go first, right?” said Jane.

“Eh…of course, I see no harm,” said Matt.

“Oh no…rule #1 when you deal with her, don’t let her take the first move!” thought Gethin as his eyes widened at this.

“Okay…I will start off with the Fiendslime Mold in Attack Mode!” said Jane as a fiendish-looking blob of purple slime appeared, (500/500) “and now, I set 1 card face-down & end my turn as that.”

“There she goes again with the weak monster in Attack Mode strategy…I bet half my lifespan that that face-down’s a Trap…” thought Gethin.

“I draw now!” said Matt as he drew out Gladiator Beast Laquari, “and I will make that move you just pulled off a big mistake…”

“Oh no, he couldn’t be THAT dumb…could he…” thought Gethin.

“And I will now summon the Gladiator Beast Laquari in Attack Mode!” said Matt as a bipedal brown wolf in red plated armor & a ring of fire appeared & roared, (1800/400) “and his bite is a lot worse than his bark. Attack that blob of goo with Fiery Lasso Swing!”

“You are the one who made the big boo-boo by attacking me!” proclaimed Jane, “I activate my Trap Card, Gravity Gain!”

As Laquari tossed around his ring of fire like a lasso to constrict Fiendslim Mold, Jane’s face-down card opened up & launched a series of electricity at the attacking Laquari, sending him crashing onto the ground & unable to rise up.

“I was correct that witch did have a trap waiting & you fell for it,” said Gethin, “I could’ve told you so but I don’t want to break any rules here.”

“Oh no, what have you done to Laquari?” demanded Matt.

“Nothing much, just that my Gravity Gain Trap Card can unleash a special gravitational pull that can paralyze every face-dup Level 4 or below monster,” said Jane as she placed her hands on her hips, “bet you were spending too much time staring at me to notice the trap I laid for you.”

“Arg…I place 3 cards face-down on the field…and end my turn,” said Matt grumpily as he shoved in those 3 cards.

“Just 1 turn & you are practically hopping mad,” mused Jane as she drew her card, “now, I can pay 500 Life Points so that I may summon another copy to the field in Attack Mode too.”

Matt (LP: 4000) Jane (LP: 3500)

Matt (LP: 4000) Jane (LP: 3500)

As Jane lost her Life Points, another copy of Fiendslime Mold was formed from the oozing remains of the previous one. (500/500)

“Ah, but why stop at two when we can make it a crowd. I pay another 500 for the third one to be summoned,” said Jane as a third copy of Fiendslime Mold was also summoned to the field as well, (500/500) “and I have to Release a monster that I control if I want to keep Gravity Gain on the field & my Fiendslime Mold shall make the sacrifice.”

Matt (LP: 4000) Jane (LP: 3000)

Matt (LP: 4000) Jane (LP: 3000)

The leftmost Fiendslime Mold then shattered into pixels in order to preserve Gravity Gain.

“Since those Gladiator Beasts of his need to battle for their effects to work, stopping them from attacking is the ultimate lockdown against them,” claimed Marco, overseeing the whole situation.

“Now I Release my second Fiendslime Mold to Advance Summon Mobius the Frost Monarch!” declared Jane as the middle Fiendslime Mold dissolved into a portal which a humanoid covered by ice-like armor & a blue cape appeared, (2400/1000) “and when he has been Advance Summoned, I can destroy up to 2 Spell or Trap Cards…and I will take out 2 of yours! Go, Blizzard Wave!”

Mobius then unleashed a violent barrage of icy wind upon the whole field & the 2 cards revealed themselves as both Prideful Roar & Skill Successor appeared before being frozen & shattered into pieces.

“Since my Mobius is a Level 6 monster, he can bypass Gravity Gain’s powers & attack your monster,” said Jane, “But first, I play this card too.”

Jane made another smirk on her face as she slid in another card & a castle made of ice appeared behind her. The icy building eluded a freezing air of cold icy wind on the whole room itself. Laquari was slightly covered in ice due to this & everyone else felt the chills. (1800/400~1300/400)

“Brrrrr…that’s Mobius Castle…a Continuous Spell Card that weakens any Beast, Beast-Warrior, Plant, Dinosaur or Winged Beasts monsters the opponent would have…” said Fuyuki.

“That’s very bad, most of the Gladiator Beasts fall under that category!” claimed Marco.

“Now, put that freezing wolf out of its misery with Ice Lance!” commanded Jane as Mobius formed a spear of pure ice in his hand & threw it to stab Laquari.

“Oh no you don’t! I activate Gladiator’s Resist so that my Laquari can live through this battle!” said Matt as he activated a Trap Card showing an exhausted Secutor lying before a Giant Orc & Archfiend General.

[align=center]

Matt (LP: 2900) Jane (LP: 3000)[/align]

“Since my Laquari survived the battle, I can return him to my deck to order to Special Summon his comrade, the Gladiator Beast Bestiari in Attack Mode!” said Matt as Laquari retreated to his master’s deck in a trail of red light & the green birdman with the 2 cannons appeared, (1500/800~1000/800) “once he is Special Summoned from my deck, I can destroy 1 Spell or Trap Card…like that Gravity Gain of yours!”

“I play Book of Moon to flip your monster face-down before it can do any damage,” said Jane as Bestiari disappeared & a face-down card’s image appeared in its place, “and I set 3 face-down cards before ending my turn.”

“I draw,” said Matt as he drew his card, “and I…”

“Activate Trap Card, Mobius Glacier,” said Jane, “now, all monster that would be affected by Mobius Castle are forced to be in Attack Mode & they cannot make an attack.”

Suddenly, the face-down card flipped face-up to reveal Bestiari & some parts of its body grew covered in ice. (1500/800~1000/800)

“Fine then, I play Gladiator Proving Ground so that I may add 1 such Gladiator Beast monster that is Level 4 or less from my deck to my hand,” said Matt, “and now, I summon it to the field. Come out now, Gladiator Beast Torax!” (1400/400)

Suddenly, a blue bloated fish covered in a net-like armor with a small staff appeared.

“Ok, now I conduct Contact Fusion & combine those 2 Gladiator Beasts together!” declared Matt as both of them jumped up in the sky & produced an orb of darkness where a pair of glowing red eyes were seen from within, “Show yourself, Gladiator Beast Gyazarus!” (2400/1600~1900/1600)

From the ball of darkness, a larger birdman with black armor appeared & flapped its wings.

“His Level is high enough to bypass my Gravity Gain’s effect!” hollered Jane, “but he is still weakened by the effect of Mobius Castle.”

“When he is Special Summoned like that, I can destroy up to 2 cards on the field too & I shall blow off your 2 monsters!” said Matt as Gyzarus fired a wind blast towards the 2 monsters.

“Yeah! With Mobius out of the picture, his Castle & Glacier will be melting with the fishes,” claimed Marco.

“But I still don’t trust that face-down she had over there,” said Gethin, “I just couldn’t help not trusting her.”

“Oh Gethin, you understand me the most here & he’s right too,” said Jane, “I activate Power Bind! Now I can tie up your newly-summoned Gyzarus & its effect will be negated & its attack points lowered…by a lot.”

Suddenly, Gyzarus was tied up by several energy ropes & zapped it. (2400/1600~0/1600)

“And this keeps up till your next turn…” continued Jane, “…provided that you have one by then?”

“Then…I place 2 cards face-down & end my turn,” said Matt.

“I draw,” said Jane, “and I Release my last Fiendslime Mold for Gravity Gain’s effect & I will now play Magic Planter to destroy my Mobius Castle for 2 cards.”

Fiendslime Mold shattered into pixels of light. Jane then drew 2 more cards to her hand while the castle of ice slowly crumbled into ice shards & collapsed. Also, Mobius Glacier was destroyed as a result.

“Perhaps you all would be wondering why I did that; well I was planning to summon my very own Ace monster,” said Jane with a laugh, “and I play my second face-down card called Gravity Bind & this forms a second gravitational force that can immobilize any Level 4 or higher monster.”

With that, both Gyzarus & Mobius had been bound in place by an unknown invisible force that appeared via an orb in their midsections.

“What’s the deal with all this?” questioned Fuyuki, “you just screwed every last chance for any one of you to attack! The game’s at a complete seal-off!”

“I bet you are doing what you called the ‘Eternal Peace” Combo,” said Gethin, “I remembered you using that exact combo on me once & combined it with that Finale Countdown Trap Card for the win…that Trap Card that inflicts damage based on how many face-down cards there are.”

“Oh you did remember our first duel & date, I’m so touched. But I have another plan with this;” said Jane, “so let me show you as I play a Spell Card called Newton’s Law.”

The card appeared onto the field & it showed an Englishman sitting next to a tree with an apple next to him. The Englishman was apparently hurt on his head.

“Is that…Isaac Newton, the Englishman who discovered gravity or something?” wondered Fuyuki, “so he would be either proud or ridiculed if only he knew that people in the distant future made children’s card games with his image.”

“Physics & Dueling 104, Newton’s Law can only be played if I have both Gravity Bind & Gravity Gain on the field & by Releasing a Level 5 or higher monster, I can summon that Ace monster I’ve been talking about. Show yourself, my Gravity Force Dragon!” (2400/2600)

All 4 cards then vanished in the thin air & a sudden force could be felt throughout the room. The powerful force then reformed itself into a great blue energy ball that continued cackling electricity. As Matt looked at the orb, he could see a pair of glowing red eyes from within. Suddenly, the energy ball cackled even more electricity & finally imploded. In the smoke, a large semi-bulky brown dragon with long thick arms & tail appeared. Its eyes were completely concealed in a small bony plate that covered the upper half of the head. It roared with a ground-breaking force that shook the whole room.

“Now…that’s a monster…” remarked Matt.

“Yup, that is her Ace monster alright,” agreed Gethin.

“Now, attack Gyzarus with Gravity Force Roar!” commanded Jane as Gravity Force Dragon unleashed a powerful roar that shattered Gyzarus into pieces. However, Matt’s Life Points count remained unchanged at all.

“Luckily for you, my Gravity Force Dragon cannot deal Battle Damage when it battles with an opponent’s monster,” said Jane, “but that is compensated by its special ability. Based on the monster’s current Battle Position, and since Gyzarus was in Attack Mode, you take damage equal to its original Defense Points. Gravity Smash!”

Gravity Force Dragon lifted up its massive tail & smashed it on the floor to cause a shockwave that shook the field & forced Matt to lose foothold.

Matt (LP: 1300) Jane (LP: 3000)

Matt (LP: 1300) Jane (LP: 3000)

“I’m gonna win this for sure! I end my turn as of now!” said Jane excitedly.

“Hmm…if I recall, Gravity Force Dragon has a powerful effect,” said Marco, “during the opponent’s turn, it can negate any attacks if its owner were to discard a card.”

“He already lost the duel from the very moment he dared to challenge her, I’m afraid,” claimed Gethin.

“Try being more supportive of me for once!” yelled Matt as he drew, “I activate my Trap Card, Trojan Gladiator Beast! I’m sure you had heard of the story about the Kingdom of Troy & how it fell due to the wooden device called the Trojan Horse. Like the story, I’m going to send my men to your territory & my Gladiator Beast Spartacus is willing to take the risk.” (2200/1600)

Suddenly, a Trojan Horse shaped like Gladiator Beast Equeste appeared & rolled its way towards Jane’s side of the field. When it reached the other side, the wooden device bursted open, revealing a bipedal dinosaur with spiky armor & a long spear as its weapon that came out. Throughout all this, Matt remained calm & steady.

“You just gave her a powerful monster & you aren’t worried at all!” yelled Gethin.

“So you want me to deal a blow with that monster you gave me, eh?” claimed Jane.

“The second effect of Trojan Gladiator Beast is that Matt can draw a card from his deck,” said Marco, “he better pray that he got a good one.”

“Hey, I’m not a religious nutcase, I’m an atheist here!” cried Matt as he drew the card & looked at it, “and now…I think I should start it believing now because I’m going to win for sure! But first, let me summon an old friend, Gladiator Beast Bestiari in Attack Mode.”

The birdman appeared on the field again. (1500/800)

“And now, I play that card I just drew,” said Matt as he placed the card onto his Duel Disk, “I play Brain Control & pay 800 Life Points so that my Spartacus returns by my side.”

Matt (LP: 500) Jane (LP: 3000)

Matt (LP: 500) Jane (LP: 3000)

A brain with 2 claws appeared in midair & the 2 claws stretched out to grab Spartacus, returning it to Matt’s side of the field.

“And now, here goes a second Contact Fusion!” declared Matt as both of them jumped up in the sky to form a bright light.

“Are you summoning Gyzarus again?” wondered Fuyuki.

“I only have one of him & that one was wasted by her dragon,” replied Matt, “I’m going to summon a new player, the Gladiator Beast…Gaiodiaz!” (2600/1500)

Suddenly, a large dark-skinned humanoid dinosaur appeared & growled deeply. It donned 2 bracelets, a loincloth & wing-like protrusions, all made out of a type of black armor. It also held a long black staff & 4 floating plates surrounded it.

“Since I Special Summoned a Gladiator Beast, I can play Gladiator Lash so that you have to discard the only remaining card in your hand,” said Matt.

“Damn, now I can’t use Gravity Force Dragon’s effect,” cursed Jane as she discarded her card, Zero Gravity, “but at least your monster cannot deplete the rest of my Life Points with just 1 attack.”

“Actually, there are 2 factors that shall lead towards your defeat,” said Matt as he pointed out to his Gaiodiaz, “His effect allows me to inflict extra damage based on the Defense Points of the very monster it destroyed.”

“But even so, I still have Life Points left & I shall triumph over you!” said Jane.

“But that’s when you’re so wrong & stupid!” Gethin butted for once, “you see, only once per Duel when a Skill Successor is in the Graveyard, the owner can have a monster of his to gain 800 Attack Points instantly. So…this calls for your fall, baby.” (2600/1500~3400/1500)

“So now, attack her Gravity Force Dragon with Gordium Staff Strike!” commanded Matt as Gaiodaiz struck Gravity Force Dragon with its staff & destroyed it.

Matt (LP: 300) Jane (LP: 2000)

Matt (LP: 300) Jane (LP: 2000)

“And now for my Gladiator Beast’s very own special ability,” continued Matt as Gaiodaiz fired several blasts of red energy towards Jane to strike her down as a finisher.

Matt (LP: 300) Jane (LP: 0)

Matt (LP: 300) Jane (LP: 0)

“And that’s game!” said Matt.

“Well, I got to admit…I’m quite impressed with you,” admitted Gethin as he walked towards Matt after his victory, later turning towards Jane, “and Jane, it’s not that I hate you…”

“Oh…but why then? Why did you dump me?” questioned Jane.

“It’s just that you need a change in your character,” said Gethin.

“Huh? But isn’t in our teachings that people don’t change?” wondered Jane, “even a famous non-Psychic doctor in New Jersey was once noted for saying that line.”

“But if we try, we can do anything…even the difficult task of changing ourselves,” said Matt, “I was once some street punk, but I turned out alright & with a bright future ahead & so can you…if only you can willing to, of course.”

“I will try to change myself then,” said Jane, “thanks for making me happy again guys & let me guide you out of here. Simply find the wall that had this glowing number on it & defeat whatever it throws at you & you are all cleared.”

“A wall with a glowing number…you mean something like that,” said Fuyuki as he pointed out towards a wall with an opening & a glowing No. 3 on it.

“Yup, so go & deal with the guard there,” said Jane.

“I summon my D.D. Warrior Lady!” declared Fuyuki as the woman in spandex appeared & swiped her sword.

At the opened wall, a nurse-like fairy appeared & she rode a syringe that suddenly grew larger. She was then covered by a rainbow-coloured aura & flew straight towards D.D. Warrior Lady & destroyed her.

“Arg, that’s Injection Fairy Lily!” said Matt, “we need something really strong here to beat her!”

“Not to mention that she seems to be covered by Rainbow Veil so it has to be done in a proper battle,” added Fuyuki, “not to mention, I felt some pain when Lily destroyed my monster. This is the real deal here.”

“If it is a real fight she wants, then her wish shall come true!” said Marco as he turned on his own Duel Disk, “I play Polymerization to fuse all 3 of my Cyber Dragons in order to summon my Cyber End Dragon!”

The 3 Cyber Dragons appeared for a moment before melding together into a swirling portal as it came out as the Cyber End Dragon & roared loudly.

“Now, attack that witch with Super Strident Blaze!” ordered Marco.

Cyber End Dragon then fired its energy blasts from all 3 of its heads, while Lily’s syringe expanded again & launched towards the attack head-on…before she was utterly consumed by the attack.

With the door cleared, the 4 boys quickly ran towards the next room. Jane lied on her back & relaxed herself.

“Change…huh…from what I heard, Candice is so much warmer now…maybe it is possible,” thought Jane, “Gethin would think I would have dueled with him, but I really want to see the man whom Candice knew too & see how he’s like first-hand…”

“Ha-Choo!” sneezed Candice, who was inside an NASU (North American Super-Union) Evacuation Mini-Van along with several other people, including Manny, Mao, Asuka, Timothy & the Dales couple.

“Are you alright?” asked Layla, who was beside her at the time, “this is the second time you’ve sneezed in the hour.”

“I dunno, maybe someone was thinking about me,” said Candice, “…Matt…”

“But he’s gone to that citadel to deal with the Overmind himself...but will he succeed?” wondered Manny, who sat opposite of Candice.

“Too bad Jane isn’t here, she would tease you to no end,” remarked Asuka, who was also sitting beside her friend, “I heard she became the Head of Medical Sciences though.”

“As a Head of Department, she will most likely be up there too,” claimed Candice, “I hope both she & Matt will be alright by the end of the day.”

“We are too far away for me to hear their thought waves,” said Mao as he looked out of a window to see the Arcadius Citadel, “but I can still tell that they will be fine. And to you, the man in front of me called Chuck…just because I wear a straightjacket, that doesn’t mean I am a loony.”

“How did you know that?” exclaimed the man called Chuck.

Gravity Force Dragon

EARTH/Dragon-Effect/LV 7/ATK 2400/DEF 2600

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by the effect of “Newton’s Law”. During your opponent’s turn, by sending 1 card from your hand to the Graveyard, you can negate an attack. Once per your turn, you can change the Battle Position of a monster on the field. This card cannot inflict Battle Damage when it battles with an opponent’s monster. When this card destroys a monster in battle & sends it to the Graveyard, activate 1 of the following effects based on the current Battle Position of the destroyed monster:

-Attack Mode: Inflict Damage equal to the destroyed monster’s original Defense Points.

-Defense Mode: Inflict Damage equal to the destroyed monster’s original Attack Points.

Jane: Today’s Card of the Day is my Gravity Force Dragon, a card that could only be summoned through 3 extremely rare cards that my closest friends in Arcadius had found for me. I could change a monster’s Battle Position with its effect & when it destroys a monster in battle, it deals damage equal the stat opposite of the Battle Position that monster was in.

Matt: And with most offensively powerful monsters having weaker Defense Points & defensive monsters being weak at attack strength…this card has quite a steady thing going on.

Candice: And don’t forget that it could negate an attack during the opponent’s turn with a mere discard too! I always liked to see this dragon in action!

[spoiler=Next Chapter]

Marin: The Holy Empire of Arcadius, a safe realm for all Psychics everywhere regardless of race, language or religion, rarely it has even been touched or walked by human foot…ok, maybe Yugi Tenma did, but still…you Norman should be considered lucky you aren’t eliminated away that quickly yet…

Norman: But if so, then why do I see a familiar face in the human’s world over there? And someone we won’t expect at all…not at this point of time…

Marin: Next on Yu-Gi-Oh Key of the Mind-Ch 75-Renegade! When did he ever came into the picture?

Note: I would like to thank Umbra (once again) for letting me use his cards (in this case, the Hammer of Justice) for my duels.

[spoiler=Ch 75-Renegade]

In Arcadius Citadel’s throne room, Liberion is gazing at the window to see outside view of stormy skies & strong winds, yet there was neither rain nor thunder. However, his focus was on the city of Oregeorgia below where he could see the people there running for their lives. Beside him was a figure draped completely in a long tattered black cloak with a red scarf around his neck. His face was covered up by a phantom-like mask that showed no emotion.

“Those who pretend to be high & mighty, woe to you now as you flee in fear of the unknown terrors that shall befall you for all your sins,” said Liberion, “I alone shall bear the burden of cleansing the world of all sins & darkness & be hailed in the new utopia that shall rise as a God.”

“For world peace & progress, you doing so much & walking so many steps,” said the cloaked man in slightly broken English, “there is no more turning back.”

“That I am aware & you should be made known of this,” said Liberion as a holographic image of Clair, Norman & Marin was shown of them walking through a winding corridor, “unbeknownst to the Fellowship who wishes to stop my plans, I have rigged my ultimatum & let only these 3 towards a direct path straight to this room with the others being led in circles in a distorted region of my citadel thanks to both Sutherland & Jane. Just to let you know, 2 of those people there are my daughter & most trusted servant, all now against me & my cause…just like an opposite version of you.”

“If they traitors coming this way, me will duel them & throw they out,” said the cloaked man, “and thanks you can accepting me as your servant.”

With that said, the cloaked man walked away to exit the room.

“He’s just a regular human with no power whatsoever & a bad speaker of English, but his devotion to me is true & genuine & that is enough for me,” said Liberion as he grinned.

Down at the winding corridor, the trio of Clair, Norman & Marin continued walking down the path.

“C’mon, if we continue at this rate, we will reach His throne room in no time,” said Marin.

“If only we knew the time, that is…” said Norman as he looked at his wrist watch, “my watch isn’t broken, but it has been stuck like that for quite a long time now.”

“That could only mean Father has planned far more than he would let on,” said Clair, “but I expected that he would do so.”

“Me too, he probably had the space-time flow of the whole place all jumbled up to confuse us,” said Marin, “he probably needed some powerful artifact to do that as well, something like his own medallion could empower by countless folds.”

“Hey look over there!” Norman called as he pointed towards a dim light at the end of the corridor, “time can sure fly…even when our watches aren’t working. Let’s go!”

With the exit already seen, the trio then quickly ran towards the light. As they reached to the end of the road, they found themselves inside a large room with several rows of seats lined up & another door on the other side. However, they also saw the same cloaked man standing on the other side with a grey & black Duel Disk on his arm.

“Is that guy one of your ‘friends’?” wondered Norman.

“Uhh…I don’t recognise him at all,” admitted Marin, “but I doubt he would be my replacement. High Knights must have some resume & hand-picked from a wide selection.”

“Me only is a devout man for the Great Overmind’s cause for the world’s final unity!” proclaimed the cloaked man.

“And why is he talking like that?” wondered Clair, “but regardless of your poor ability to speak good English, I will put up with that & duel you.”

“Me speaks good Engrish!” exclaimed the man as he activated his Duel Disk.

“Quit talking & let’s get dueling!” said Clair as she activated her Duel Disk.

??? (LP: 4000) Clair (LP: 4000)

??? (LP: 4000) Clair (LP: 4000)

“I’ll take the first move,” said Clair, “I summon the Psychic Snail in Attack Mode.” (1900/1200)

A purple-yellow giant snail appeared & let out a groan.

“Since I cannot attack on the very first turn, I will just end my turn,” said Clair.

“Draw card!” proclaimed the cloaked man, “Me summoning the Pursuit Chaser in Attacking Position!” (1400/600)

A floating robot with 2 arm-like protrusions that seemed to be modeled after a police vehicle appeared onto the field & rang its siren.

“Summoning a weaker monster in Attack Mode in front of an obviously stronger one, something’s cooking here,” said Norman.

“Me playing the Block Attack Spell Card,” said the cloaked man, “it can move the Psychic Snail to Defending Position.”

The card appeared & shot out a blast that hit Psychic Snail & forced it to lower itself.

“Now, me attacks the Psychic Snail with the Pursuit Chaser,” declared the cloaked man as Pursuit Chaser fired a yellow from its robotic arm to destroy Psychic Snail, “and now the effect of the Pursuit Chaser activates, dealing 500 damage for the destroyed Defending Position monster.”

Pursuit Chaser then fired a blue electrical blast that shocked Clair herself.

[align=center]

??? (LP: 4000) Clair (LP: 3500)[/align]

“How you liking it,” said the cloaked man, “me plays Sealer Formation.”

The card then appeared on the field, showing a man with a spell talisman on him.

“During me next Draw Phase, me can take Block Attack to hand,” explained the cloaked man, “and me now ends turn.”

“I draw,” said Clair, “and I summon my Psychic Commander in Attack Mode.” (1400/800)

The WWII German-styled soldier inside the floating tank appeared & raised his arm up high in honor.

“But it have same Attacking power,” said the cloaked man, “if they do battle, they two will be destroyed!”

“Not until I give him a new weapon to use, my Psycho Sword,” said Clair as the Psychic Commander reached out for an alien-looking energy sword, “this card allows him to gain Attack Points equal to the difference between our Life Points if only I have lower Life Points. Attack Pursuit Chaser now with Psonic Blade Slash!” (1400/800~1900/800)

Psychic Commander flew towards Pursuit Chaser & ready to slash it. However, it launched an electrical blast from its cannon to weaken it before slashing it into 2 pieces. The blast also caused a slight crack in the cloaked man’s mask. (1400/600~900/100, 1900/800~2400/800)

??? (LP: 2500) Clair (LP: 3000)

??? (LP: 2500) Clair (LP: 3000)

“What happened?” demanded the cloaked man as he covered his cracked mask.

“Due to Psychic Commander’s effect, he can weaken your monster by 500 points if I offer that much Life Points as well,” said Clair, “but since this battle has put me in the lead in terms of Life Points, my Commander’s Attack goes back to his original value. I set 1 face-down card this time to end my turn.” (2400/800~1400/800)

“Say Marin,” said Norman, “did you just notice that his mask was breaking?”

“Yeah, that must be the effect of a Psychic Duelist dueling,” explained Marin, “whenever a Psychic deals damage to the opponent in a duel, that damage becomes real.”

“I know, but when Pursuit Chaser made the attack & dealt Clair, she was unharmed,” Norman pointed out, “so could he be…well not one of you, but really one of us.”

“I have no idea…but we will just have to see for ourselves,” said Marin as the cloaked man was about to draw.

“Draw card!” declared the cloaked man, “now me plays Magic Planter & sacrifice Sealer Formation to draw 2 cards.”

Several vines sprouted from the ground & covered Sealer Formation & it was gone when they let go. The cloaked man then drew his 2 cards.

“Now me plays the Monster Card, Makyura the Destrutor in Attacking Mode,” said the cloaked man as a humanoid being decked in a purple armor with golden portions with 2 long claws on both his hands appeared, (1600/1400) “Me ends the turn.”

“My move now & I draw!” said Clair as she got Battle Teleportation, “and I summon my Telekinetic Shocker in Attack Mode.” (1700/400)

At once, a man in a red spacesuit appeared.

“Now for the fun part, my Telekinetic Shocker will execute your Makyura with Telekinetic Shockwave!” commanded Clair as the Telekinetic Shocker fired an electrical blast to destroy Makyura, “following that, I play Call of the Haunted to summon my Psychic Snail to the field.”

??? (LP: 2400) Clair (LP: 3000)

??? (LP: 2400) Clair (LP: 3000)

The Trap Card opened up & the Psychic Snail reappeared again. (1900/1200)

“If they all can attack him directly, this duel will be over,” said Norman.

“Yeah, but when Makyura’s destroyed, he can play any Trap Cards from his hand,” noted Marin.

“Yet he seems to have no powers…maybe he is not even a Psychic at all…but is it even possible?” thought Marin.

“I attack you directly with my Psychic Commander!” declared Clair as Psychic Commander launched a blue energy ray at the cloaked man.

“No, me plays the Offensive Guard Trap Card!” declared the cloaked man, “Now the attack of the Psychic Commander will be halve!” (1400/800~700/800)

This blast was directed right at his face & broke the mask off completely, effectively revealing his real face as an Asian male.

??? (LP: 1700) Clair (LP: 3000)

??? (LP: 1700) Clair (LP: 3000)

“Hey I know you!” exclaimed Norman, “you are Kim Sun-woon, the Secretary-General of the United Nations!”

“No wonder Clair wasn’t hurt when you inflicted damage to her, you are just a normal human being!” exclaimed Marin, “but how are you even here in the first place?”

“What else, me is representing the strong humans who detest the cruel world,” replied Kim.

Suddenly, the 3D holographic image of Liberion appeared in front of everyone in the duel.

“Father…what do you want?” asked Clair.

“Just popped up here to explain the reason why he is here,” replied Liberion, “Mr. Kim here was chosen to be the Secretary-General of the UN, a wish he had always yearned since childhood. However the Genocide occurred & then the world formed new governments & some even swallowed existing countries into it. Even the South Korea, his beloved homeland, was taken away by the Human’s Juche Republic of Korea.”

“But South Korea still exists, only in the form of the Imperial Economized Zone of Chukuorea in the southernmost coastal provinces,” claimed Norman.

“Which is only a puppet state for the New Empire of Great Japan,” continued Marin, “as of the other Imperial Economized Zones of Hawaii, Sakhalin & Papua Nippon Guinea.”

“The only job I do is the authorizing of governmental changes!” protested Kim, “It is getting so frustrating…”

“That you never bother learning how to speak good English,” said Norman, “I have seen a lot Chinese, Koreans & Japanese who can speak better English than you.”

“The world now is bad, but His Majesty’s new world is the best,” said Kim, “when me saw your news of the Arcadius Holy Empire & the New World Reform Plan, me feels me can help saving the world from the evil men.”

“Now that you all know this man’s history, continue the duel for I sense a new power at hold,” said Liberion as his hologram vanished, allowing the duel to continue from where they left off.

Kim SW (LP: 1700) Clair (LP: 3000)

Kim SW (LP: 1700) Clair (LP: 3000)

“Activating the second Trap Card Crime & Punishment!” declared Kim, “when you direct attack me, I destroy your monster like your Psychic Snail!”

“I activate the effect of my Telekinetic Shocker & pay 500 Life Points to save another Psychic monster from destruction,” said Clair as Telekinetic Shocker shattered into pixels instead.

Kim SW (LP: 1700) Clair (LP: 2500)

Kim SW (LP: 1700) Clair (LP: 2500)

“And now, me summons new monster to the field, the Assault Dog in Defending Mode,” continued Kim as a dog with a deep green armor plate armed with cannons appeared & crouched. (1200/800)

“But its Defense Points are lower enough for me to attack him,” said Clair, “Go, Snail Thunder!”

Psychic Snail fired an electrical blast to destroy Assault Dog, but another one appeared in its place. (1200/800)

“When the Assault Dog is destroyed, me can summon the other Assault Dog to the field,” explained Kim.

“I exit my Battle Phase, but I set a face-down & end my turn then,” said Clair. (700/800~1400/800)

“Me draws card,” said Kim, “Now me Releases Assault Dog to Advance Summon the Judge Man in Attacking Mode!”

The Assault Dog vanished into a portal for a brown ogre giant with a purple cape & 2 maces on both his hands. (2200/1500)

“Now me gives him the 2 Equip Spell Cards!” declared Kim as the 2 maces of Judge Man disappeared & was replaced by a single ancient-looking ornate hammer. There was also a glowing misty veil surrounding Judge Man too.

“So someone nowadays do use Normal monsters, I thought I might be the only one left who still does so,” claimed Norman.

“That new hammer ought to be the Hammer of Justice,” claimed Marin, “it can only be wielded by an EARTH Monster & when he destroys a monster in battle, the opponent takes 200 points of damage for every Level it has. But what’s that other card?”

“Destroy the Psychic Snail with the Justice Clobber!” commanded Kim as Judge Man stomped towards the Psychic Snail.

“But their difference between Attacks is less than 500 & Psychic Commander can weaken him enough to destroy him,” noted Norman, “and then, Clair can just attack him directly next urn & win this thing.”

“Sorry, but my Psychic Commander has second thoughts about you & your attack as I give up ” said Clair as Psychic Commander fired a laser blast from the cannon, but the glowing misty veil deflected the blast & sent it back at Psychic Commander to destroy him instead, “but…but how did that happen!?”

Kim SW (LP: 1700) Clair (LP: 2100)

Kim SW (LP: 1700) Clair (LP: 2100)

Me used the effect of the other Equip Spell Card, the Light Law Protection,” explained Kim, “when the Attack power of me monster is being changing by you card effect, me can destroy that card instead. Attack the Psychic Snail again!”

The Judge Man then proceeded to smash the Psychic Snail into pieces with his new hammer.

Kim SW (LP: 1700) Clair (LP: 1800)

Kim SW (LP: 1700) Clair (LP: 1800)

“The effect of Hammer of Justice damages you 200 times the Level of the destroyed Psychic Snail,” proclaimed Kim as Judge Man smashed his hammer against the ground, causing rocks to fly towards her.

Kim SW (LP: 1700) Clair (LP: 1000)

Kim SW (LP: 1700) Clair (LP: 1000)

“Ha, now me is in the lead!” declared Kim, “me ends turn!”

“So this is it then, the turn where everything hangs in the balance…I draw,” said Clair, “and now I start off with the Psi-Station Spell Card.”

Suddenly, 4 pillars that sparked off electricity rose up onto the field.

“Whenever a Psychic monster is Normal Summoned, I can give up 500 Life Points to increase its Level by 1 & add 300 Attack Points to it,” said Clair, “so let me show you an example with this guy called the Grapple Blocker.” (1200/2000~1500/2000, LV: 4~5)

Kim SW (LP: 1700) Clair (LP: 500)

Kim SW (LP: 1700) Clair (LP: 500)

Suddenly, a purple-yellow humanoid with 4 octopus tentacles on its back appeared & the 4 pillars charged it with electricity.

“This could be risky now,” claimed Marin.

“Why? Won’t Grapple Blocker’s effect stop Judge Man from attacking & the effects of Hammer of Justice?” wondered Norman.

“That may be true, but it needs the owner to pay 500 Life Points during the End Phase,” elaborated Marin, “Clair must be more than ready to end this at this turn, an all or nothing.”

“And to continue, I play Emergency Teleport to summon a Level 3 or below Psychic monster like a second Psychic Commander,” said Clair as the Psychic Commander appeared for a second time, (1400/800) “let’s Tune them together now!”

Psychic Commander dissolved into 3 rings of light. They then flew into Grapple Blocker & it also dissolved into 5 orbs. Then, they became a burst of dark mist that spread throughout the arena.

“Level 5…and Level 3…that’s a Level 8!” counted Norman.

“The minds of the entire world unite under its strength! Surge, the black mist of vengeance! Synchro Summon! Show yourself, the Thought Ruler Archfiend!” chanted Clair as a large glowing flying demon with red bony plates appeared. (2700/2300)

“He may be strong…but even if he destroyed that no-good Judge Man, Kim will still survive the turn & plot his next scheme next turn,” said Marin, “with the Life Points that Clair’s got, she can be finished off easily.”

“Yes Marin, and that’s why I had this set on my last turn…a card which I will play right now,” said Clair as the card opened up, “behold, Battle Teleportation! This card allows only 1 Psychic monster on my side of the field to teleport himself all the way straight to you for an attack! Go, Mental Wave Lightning Strike!”

Thought Ruler Archfiend chuckled evilly as it vanished into thin air & it suddenly reappeared in a few seconds…directly in front of Kim himself. It then fired a thunder blast from its wings to fry him for the win.

Kim SW (LP: 0) Clair (LP: 500)

Kim SW (LP: 0) Clair (LP: 500)

“Clair, I want to ask you something,” said Norman as he approached her, “why didn’t you use Astral Plane Dragon? You can win the duel & still have Life Points to spare.”

Clair was silent at first, but she opened up the Extra Deck hatch & took out her Astral Plane Dragon for him to see.

“This was once Father’s best card & I can sense its pain on seeing his master leaving him,” answered Clair, “and I am planning to save him only for the duel with him…when I get up to him. Now, let’s get going.”

“No you won’t,” Kim butted in, “you need to get through…him fir…”

But before he could finish his sentence, he vanished in a burst of light.

“What did he mean by him?” wondered Clair.

“I think he meant…that,” said Norman as he pointed out towards a long stringy white dragon with 2 claw-like appendages on both its ends.

“That’s the Handcuffs Dragon, a rather pesky monster,” said Marin.

“Go, Gene-Warped Warwolf!” cried Norman as the warwolf appeared & easily destroyed the Handcuffs Dragon with a mere punch. However, its phantom form appeared & grabbed onto Gene-Warped Warwolf.

“We need to be careful here,” said Marin, “even if we destroyed the Warwolf, that dragon will just come back for more…oh, I got it! Norman, I need you to summon a certain monster like Future Samurai ASAP.”

“You got it,” said Norman as the samurai in light blue robes appeared, “Future Samurai, take down my own Warwolf now!”

However, the Future Samurai only stood still & didn’t move a muscle.

“By right, he can’t attack his fellow monsters, so we will just have to force him to,” said Marin, “I play Enemy Controller to use Future Samurai as my own to destroy that Warwolf!”

With a Game Boy control plugged into him, Future Samurai slashed the Warwolf in half as it incinerated along with the Handcuffs Dragon. The trio then quickly ran towards the open door as they realised that they were at the foot of a large stairwell.

All this while, Liberion was observing all 3 Duels & their various conclusions. Liberion turned to 1 holo-screen & observed how Sutherland’s last line of defense was being destroyed by Celstia’s effect & it zoomed to the part where he was attacked directly.

“Hmmm…Sutherland, he’s old & not the same strong man I once knew him as…” said Liberion as he sighed, “he should be found near the Midgard Castle by his family & tended by now.”

That holo-screen was turned off as Liberion diverted his attention to a second screen, showing how Jane met her end as Gaiodaiz attacked her Gravity Force Dragon. Again, he sighed at this.

“Jane had a motive to choose him…and that led her to her defeat…” said Liberion, “with that, I sent her with Candice. And that Korean fool…I never expected much from him…”

Just then, he looked at his last screen, showing Kim’s Judge Man attacking Psychic Snail & how it successfully countered Psychic Commander’s effect.

“…but at least he had his use & I shall return him to his seat in the UN HQ of New York City…if he still had an use there,” continued Liberion, “Oblivia, you are next to take them down. Is the card ready yet?”

“I’m afraid not, Sir. It would still take some time to create them again…after all, they have mysterious powers only a few alive can comprehend,” said Oblivia, “but when it is ready, I will take it out for a test-run. But how, may I ask, did you send those 3 to wherever they are in now? That was never your powers, right?”

“True, but I had gained so special boost from this,” replied Liberion as he held his sapphire medallion, “the purest concentration of Mana’s rawest power preserved into a gemstone…they hardly make these anymore...only 2 are ever found...”

Thought Ruler Archfiend

DARK/Psychic-Synchro/LV 8/ATK 2700/DEF 2300

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters

When this card destroys a monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard, gain Life Points equal to that monster's original ATK. You can pay 1000 Life Points to negate the activation of a Spell or Trap Card that targets 1 Psychic-Type monster, and destroy it.

Clair: The Card of the Day is my Synchro Monster, the Thought Ruler Archfiend. Among the Arhfiend monsters who usually demand Life Point payment, this one is an irony as it allows me to regain Life Points if I managed to destroy a monster in battle. In addition, if a Spell or Trap Card plans to aim for a Psychic monster, I can negate it at the price of 1000 Life Points.

[spoiler=Next Chapter]

Marin: During my time as the High Knight, I was commissioned to teach young Psychics on various subjects. Amongst the countless pupils under my wing, there is always a Dario Vertz who seems so special somehow. He has potential for great power…and the loyalty that can’t be extinguished at all.

Dario: Next on Yu-Gi-Oh Key of the Mind-Ch 76-Dario of the Revolution! There is a revolution in this world & I have every duty to let it keep going on…no matter what.

Archived