Yu-Gi-Oh Key of the Mind (FINISHED)

Wyhe

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here comes the first newest chapter of the New Year, 2009 CE! So please enjoy it!

[spoiler=Ch 79-Flight of the Raven]

Throne Room, Arcadius Citadel

Overmind Liberion oversaw a holoscreen of Oblivia’s One-Hundred Eye Dragon being slashed apart by the Cyber Laser Dragon. As he saw this, he let out a sigh.

“The almighty One-Hundred Eye Dragon…defeated like that! How humiliating must it be for the Earthbound Gods…” mused Liberion, “However, this saved me the trouble of a future confrontation with them.”

The holoscreen then projected another image, this one showing Clair, Marin & Norman moving up the stairwell.

“My Lord, it would seem that they are getting closer towards here,” noted Hashim, “shall I give them a warm welcome?”

“Deal with the other 2 groups first,” ordered Liberion, “I already have someone ready to take them down.”

Upper Portions of Stairwell, Arcadius Citadel

The raven had been flying around the stairwell in a circular formation with its eyes constantly staring downwards, focusing on Clair & her allies as they ascended the stairs.

Suddenly, it flew off-course & landed on a step in the stairwell. As its shadow was projected by a dim light against the wall, it was shown to be changing…growing bigger & more human-like… The end result was a man dressed in a black trench coat with a black hat & a black Duel Disk on his arm. As he raised his face, he was seemingly identical to Norman, but looked more evil.

“It’s time…Norman White…to face the mirror…” uttered D-Norman as he walked down the steps, snickering all the way.

Mid Portions of Stairwell, Arcadius Citadel

Meanwhile, Clair & her allies were still on their way up the stairs, making good progress every step on the way.

“You know, it is weird that we are going so far ahead…” claimed Norman, “I still think this is a trap & there will be someone waiting for us & putting us out along the way.”

“How right you are…” said an unknown voice.

“Huh?” cried Clair as everyone turned to see D-Norman gazing over to them, “What the…Hell! He…he looks just like…”

“Norman White, yes! For I am him,” replied D-Norman.

“No, I am Norman White, you cheap rip-off!” exclaimed Norman.

“I am the truest form of Norman White; his Dark Side, brought back here to replace you,” said D-Norman, “you are pathetic & lame, and constantly making us look bad. I shall duel you & replace you in this world. Then, I will show how to get things done around here.”

“So this is a challenge from some lame carbon copy, and a challenge that I accept,” said Norman as he activated his Pocket Disk.

“Oh, I thought the carbon copy was you,” mocked D-Norman as he also activated his own Black Duel Disk, “let’s duel for my place in this world.”

D-Norman (LP: 4000) Norman (LP: 4000)

D-Norman (LP: 4000) Norman (LP: 4000)

“Ok you cheap imposter, the original gets the copyright to go first,” said Norman as he drew, “and I shall waste no time & play the Trap Booster Spell Card. This lets me play a Trap Card from my hand by discarding a card.”

Norman then discarded a card & then placed another one on his Duel Disk. Suddenly, the Trap Card called Ultimate Offering appeared on the field.

“And now, I summon King Pyron in Defense Mode!” said Norman as a flaming humanoid appeared on the field & then knelt, (1500/500) “and he is a Gemini Monster, a special type of monsters whose effects will be unlocked soon enough…right after I pay 500 Life Points to Normal Summon it again.”

D-Norman (LP: 4000) Norman (LP: 3500)

D-Norman (LP: 4000) Norman (LP: 3500)

Suddenly, King Pyron began to glow in a shade of crimson red.

“With its effect active, I can let you have 1000 points of damage,” said Norman as King Pyron created a fireball & burnt his dark counterpart.

D-Norman (LP: 3000) Norman (LP: 3500)

D-Norman (LP: 3000) Norman (LP: 3500)

“I set 2 face-down cards & then end my turn,” said Norman.

“About time, I draw,” said D-Norman, “and I summon the Blackwing-Sirocco of Dawn in Attack Mode!” (2000/900)

Suddenly, a humanoid crow with patchy clothes appeared in a spark of orange light of daybreak.

“But that monster ought to be a Level 5, so how…” wondered Clair.

“When only the opponent controls a monster, I can Normal Summon him without Releasing a monster,” explained D-Norman, “also, now that I have a Blackwing monster on the field, I can Special Summon this card. Come out now, Blackwing-Blast of Black Lance!” (1700/800)

In a burst of black wind, another humanoid black-feathered bird appeared. This one had the rough appearance of a vulture & carried a black lance.

“Again, since I have another Blackwing monster, I can summon another monster to the field as well. Come out too, Blackwing-Gale of the Hurricane!” said D-Norman as a purple bird with a head of green feathers. Its eyes were as big as that of an owl. (1300/400)

“This duel is as good as over now,” said D-Norman, “I activate Sirocco of Dawn’s effect; I can add all the Attacks from the other Blackwing monsters to a single one! So, I choose my Blast of Black Lance as the donation center!”

Both Sirocco of Dawn & Gale of the Hurricane glowed as they flew to encircle Blast of Black Lance to give it their combined power. (1700/800~5000/800)

“5000 Attack Points!” exclaimed Norman, “that will be the end for him!”

“But isn’t King Pyron in Defense Mode, so Norman shouldn’t be taking damage from it,” said Clair.

“Too bad that Blast of Black Lance has a trampling effect,” said D-Norman, “Blast of Black Lance, let us put this fool out!”

“Don’t even think that this duel ends like that; I activate Shrink & it halves your Blast of Black Lance’s Attack in half!” said Norman as Blast of Black Lance shrunk in its size. (5000/800~2500/800)

“Regardless, it still attacks you! Black Spiral!” commanded D-Norman as the shrunken Blackwing monster launched an energy blast from its lance at King Pyron.

[align=center]

D-Norman (LP: 3000) Norman (LP: 1500)[/align]

“And luckily for you, the rest of my monsters cannot attack due to transferring their power to Blast of Black Lance,” said D-Norman, “so I play The Dark Door to strength my defenses & set a face-down card as I end my turn.”

“Hmm…where had I seen this play style before…” thought Marin as he looked at D-Norman, “could he be…him?”

“I draw now, buddy,” said Norman, “now I Release King Pyron to Advance Summon the Grasschopper in Attack Mode!” (2350/1000)

Suddenly, the flaming man disappeared & a strange-looking giant mantis appeared & swiped its arm blades.

“And now, this monster is also a Gemini Monster too & I shall Gemini Summon him as well,” said Norman as the giant mantis glowed in a brownish hue.

[align=center]

D-Norman (LP: 3000) Norman (LP: 1000)[/align]

“Ha, you fool! Your actions will lead to your ultimate defeat & I will have the last laugh!” proclaimed D-Norman, “this is why your existence is revoked by God!”

“Ah, but this is where I have done it,” said Norman, “for you see, my Grasschopper’s newly- awakened effect allows him to attack all yours monsters each. Now I play the face-down Spell of the Ruler to even power up my monster!”

The face-down card opened up & Grasschopper glowed with more power. (2350/1000~3050/1000)

“Yah, even The Dark Door can’t stop him!” cheered Clair.

“Grasschopper, I command you to attack every last one of those birds with Grass Cutter!” ordered Norman, “and let’s start with your Sirocco of Dawn first!”

The Grasschopper then advanced upon Sirocco of Dawn & it sliced it into shreds quickly. The blast also sent itself towards D-Norman, whose face began to rot slightly, but it grew back.

“Hmm…could he be…” thought Marin.

D-Norman (LP: 1950) Norman (LP: 1000)

D-Norman (LP: 1950) Norman (LP: 1000)

“And now, let’s move on to the next one, Gale of the Hurricane. Attack that little bird!” ordered Norman as Grasschopper moved in for the attack.

“Since I am in a Battle Phase, I can play Urgent Tuning!” proclaimed D-Norman, “and you ought to know what that means…”

“A Synchro Monster, but how!” demanded Norman.

“Simple; Gale of the Hurricane is a Tuner monster!” revealed D-Norman, “Through Urgent Tuning, I Tune Gale of the Hurricane into Blast of Black Lance! Darkened gales, become the wings which will soar to Heaven! Synchro Summon! Take flight, Blackwing-Armored Wing!” (2500/1500)

Gale of the Hurricane flew up into the sky & became 3 rings of light. Those 3 rings then flew past a flying Blast of Black Lance, which became into 4 orbs of light. Within an instant, the 4 orbs spread over as a dark mist, and then a mini-tornado. Suddenly, a new form appeared from it. It was like all the other Blackwing monsters, being a humanoid bird in terms of outward appearance. It also seemed to be covered by a black armor that covered even its wings. Perched on its beak-like helmet, there was a single red circular eyeball.

“So what! I can just attack that new monster you’ve got! Grass Cutter!” commanded Norman as Grasschopper slashed across Armored Wing. However, it blocked out the attack with its wings as a shield.

“Sorry, but Armored Wing can’t be destroyed in battle & I take no Battle Damage from its battles,” claimed D-Norman.

“Hey! Now I remember where I’ve seen those moves!” cried Marin, “it’s you, Weaseley! The charade is over now, so come out of that disguise!”

“Hmm…it would seem that I had been found…so I should just act more like myself…” said D-Norman as his trenchcoat extended to become a black cloak while his hat covered his face. Suddenly, a gust of wind blew the hat away & revealed a masked man in a black cloak.

“This is my true form, Arcadius’ Head of Intelligence & Espionage,” introduced Weaseley, “and you all may call me Weaseley!”

“So you aren’t my Dark Side…I thought so in the first place,” claimed Norman.

“You gotta admit that I really did have you fooled there,” said Weaseley, “after all, it is within my powers to make myself look like another being. Folks would call this ability…shape shifting.”

“Ok, I’m now more concerned over beating the sorry ass out of you!” said Norman, “and so I end my turn now.”

Weaseley (LP: 1950) Norman (LP: 1000)

Weaseley (LP: 1950) Norman (LP: 1000)

“I draw,” said Weaseley, “and my Armored Wing shall attack that mantis of yours!”

“But Grasschopper is stronger & your Armored Wing cannot be destroyed in battle, so what is this going to produce?” wondered Norman.

“You’ll see about that…Black Hurricane!” commanded Weaseley as Armored Wing flew towards Grasschopper with a punch, but Grasschopper blocked out the attack with ease. However, with a flap of its wings, Armored Wing launched a black feather wedge onto the body of Grasschopper. (Wedge Counter: 1)

“So what’s the big idea here anyways & what is that you just put on my monster?” demanded Norman.

“That is a Wedge Counter that I had put on your monster,” explained Weaseley, “this will be the very key in which I can drive your downfall. By removing all the Wedge Counters from your monsters, it leaves them all completely powerless!”

Armored Wing then flapped its armored wings & drove the wedge to sink into Grasschopper’s flesh. (3050/1000~0/0)

“But you can’t battle me since you need to end your Battle Phase just to do this,” said Norman.

“True, but I can play something to destroy it…like the Fissure Spell Card,” declared Weaseley as Grasschopper suddenly fell into a dark abyss in the ground.

“Pretty good actually, since he destroyed Grasschopper with a card effect, Spell of the Ruler’s effect couldn’t inflict him damage,” noted Marin.

“Ok, I set a face-down & end my turn…and once I win this, I will be you forever…once I do away with you,” said Weaseley as he laughed loudly.

“Ok, you talk too much,” said Norman as he drew, “I play Dragon’s Mirror!”

“So you are going to summon a Dragon monster now,” said Weaseley.

“Correct & by removing both Grasschopper & King Pyron from play, I can Fusion Summon the Superalloy Beast Raptinus!” said Norman as a mirror appeared above him & the images of the 2 Gemini Monsters were seen momentarily before they were absorbed into the mirror. Suddenly, a chimera-like dragon made out of different body parts appeared & growled deeply. (2200/2200)

“And now, I summon the Future Samurai in Attack Mode,” said Norman as the white-clothed samurai appeared & swiped its blade while he glowed in a white light, (1600/1200) “also, Raptinus’ effect allows all face-up Gemini Monsters to gain their various effects & that of my Samurai is the power to destroy a monster by removing a monster in my graveyard from play.”

“But you just depleted your graveyard of monsters!” claimed Weaseley.

“Thanks for noticing, but on my very first turn where I discarded a card for Trap Booster’s effect, that card was a monster by the name of Gene-Warped Warwolf…an ever-beloved favourite of mine who always came through for me,” said Norman as he removed the card, “let’s go, Future Samurai, take out that Armored Wing with Banishment Slash!”

Future Samurai then unleashed an energy ripple from his blade that destroyed Armored Wing easily.

“Just 1 direct attack from my Superalloy Beast & that’s it for this duel,” said Norman, “Raptinus, attack him directly with Superalloy Blast!”

“Loser, meet my face-down card!” proclaimed Weaseley as his face-down card opened, “this is called Synchro Spirits & by removing Armored Wing in my Graveyard from play, I can summon the 2 monsters I used for its Synchro Summon & they will be in Defense Mode.”

Weaseley then took out his Armored Wing card & suddenly, the 2 Blackwing monsters reappeared onto the field again. (1300/400, 1700/800)

“Based on my experience, the Tuner Monster is always the more dangerous one to keep around, so I will focus the attack on your Gale of the Hurricane!” said Norman as Raptinus fired a blue ray from its mouth to wipe out the owl-like bird, “however, I can’t attack since we can only attack with 1 monster due to your Dark Door’s effect, so I end my turn for now.”

“I draw,” said Weaseley, “and I play Dark Eruption to add a DARK Monster with at most 1500 Attack Points to my hand from the Graveyard & only one such creature fits the said description is the Gale of the Hurricane.”

As such, its card then returned to his hand.

“Now, I summon him to the field,” said Weaseley as Gale of the Hurricane returned to the field in a blast of wind, (1300/400) “I use Gale of the Hurricane’s effect to halve your Samurai’s Attack & Defense!”

Gale of the Hurricane flapped its wings strongly & it pushed Future Samurai with great force. (1600/1200~800/600)

“Now it is an even better target for my Blast of Black Lance! Black Spiral!” commanded Weaseley as Blast of Black Lance blasted Future Samurai with its lance.

Weaseley (LP: 1950) Norman (LP: 100)

Weaseley (LP: 1950) Norman (LP: 100)

“Since this is all I can do for now, I end my turn,” said Weaseley.

“This is it. With the synergy between the 2 Blackwing monsters, it will be difficult to build a strong defense,” said Marin, “so Norman needs to end this pronto on his turn…for it may be his last…”

“And since Norman has now depleted his entire hand, he would need to pray well to get what he needs,” said Clair.

“Now I draw & see what lies ahead…” said Norman as he drew his card, “and…right on! You’re now dead meat, buddy! I play Dimension Explosion & by returning my Superalloy Beast to my Extra Deck, we each can summon up to 2 monsters that are removed from play!”

Raptinus roared for 1 final time as it exploded & from the smoke, Armored Wing appeared beside Gale of the Hurricane. (2500/1500) Likewise, both King Pyron & Grasschopper appeared in front of Norman. (1500/500, 2350/1000)

“You may have your monsters back, but I have my Armored Wing back with me also,” said Weaseley.

“I don’t need to attack your Armored Wing to win; I just need my 2 monsters back,” said Norman, “Grasschopper, destroy Gale of the Hurricane now!”

Grasschopper then approached Gale of the Hurricane & slashed it.

Weaseley (LP: 900) Norman (LP: 100)

Weaseley (LP: 900) Norman (LP: 100)

“Even so, I still have the upper hand here,” said Weaseley, “so what are you going to do now?”

“I’m tell what I will do now…like Normal Summoning King Pyron,” declared Norman as King Pyron unleashed a powerful burning red glow, “and now for his Gemini ability that inflicts you 1000 points of Damage…which is enough to defeat you.”

King Pyron then formed a fireball from its hands & threw it at Weaseley, sending him flying backwards to hit the steps. His mask was ripped off his face during the attack, revealing that his face was rotting.

Weaseley (LP: 0) Norman (LP: 100)

Weaseley (LP: 0) Norman (LP: 100)

“Maybe you are the better half after all,” said Weaseley as he fixed his mask back on, “your real Dark Side would be mad when he hears that.”

“Oh, you already lost! Quit all that crap about my Dark Side!” said Norman.

“But he did exist, back when you were involved in the Genocide, he was in fact that voice in your subconscious that told you to kill,” said Weaseley, “but it was destroyed & banished when Clair defeated you. Using this information, I chose to take upon the Dark Side that you weren’t aware of all this time.”

“Since we had beaten you, so we can go now,” said Clair, “but I want to ask 1 last question. If you can shape-shift into another form, then why can’t you change your face?”

“Because I prefer my face as it is now, as a reminder of what happened in the past…the first conflict of the Genocide,” said Weaseley, “10 years ago, I was stationed in Sector 58, a region in West California...”

“The first site of attacks that took place,” said Marin.

“I was the one who called in the High Knight himself for aid, but the event itself burnt my face,” said Weaseley, “but I have no shame or grief about it for I did something good & saved lives. Honestly, I think that the Humanity Reformation Plan might involve lives to be killed off, both human & Psychics. So please try to stop this mad plan & I rest the burden on your shoulders.”

After his speech, Weaseley then morphed himself into the shape of a raven & flew off down the stairwell. Also, Clair & her allies quickly ran up the stairwell at the same time.

Anonymous Skyscraper, Oregeorgia, Oregon State

The Ally had been spending his time reading the scroll which allegedly contained the destiny of Arcadius & the world, reading it & nodding his head. On the other hand, Lullaby was overlooking the sky as she saw the raven that was actually Weaseley flying out of Arcadius Citadel.

“Hmm…according to the Europeans & Chinese, the raven symbolizes death wherever it goes,” said Lullaby, “my Lordship, is someone in there going to die?”

The Ally was silent on Lullaby’s comment at first, but his mouth eventually began to utter something.

“Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the Earth…” he said.

[spoiler=Card of the Day]

Superalloy Beast Raptinus

LIGHT/Dragon-Fusion/LV 8/ATK 2200/DEF 2200

1 Gemini Monster + 1 Gemini Monster

All face-up Gemini Monsters are treated as Effect Monsters, and gain their effects.

Norman: The Card of the Day is my Superalloy Beast Raptinus! It is easily Fusion Summoned as it only needs 2 Gemini Monsters. With him on the field, I can have all Gemini Monsters gain their effects immediately without using card effects that will drain off my Life Points eventually.

[spoiler=Next Chapter]

Miora: Ever since we had entered this accursed place, I had this weird feeling that this is all something big…and I might be right! Next on Yu-Gi-Oh Key of the Mind-Ch 80-Spearhead of Arcadius! All along, it was them who were the real targets…Clair, Marin & Norman…they must have a bigger role to play in his Plan.

Man that was intense' date=' i really thought Norman was gonna lose.

And i wonder who will die.

[/quote']

The duels will only get higher on the intensity scale to suit your desires for a good show or read.

And the death shall be a secret...and when it comes, it would be clear. (hopefully)

i have always wondered what the "bump" is.....

can someone please explain it to me?

thnx.

If no one has posted in your thread in 24 hours then you bump it to stop it going down the list and being forgotten. Now stop spamming, by the way, that was a nice confusing chapter.

I feel that I read my own fan fic' date=' but this is better. Sadly, I didn't read since the beginning so I don't know how the story is. Do you post a new chapter once in a week?

[/quote']

something like that, but now that school is back, I have more limited time now...

Finally, I had gotten it finished at last. Nowadays, I just don't have so much time like before as it is Secondary 3 for me now this year, but I will still continue with this since you like the story so much. Thanks to all who had been keeping up with this story!

[spoiler=Ch 80-Spearhead of Arcadius]

Unknown Room, Arcadius Citadel

Once again, Penny, Curtis & Miora found themselves lost among another mist-filled room that seemed to be all over the citadel itself. In the Dales siblings’ case, their current plan was merely walking ahead until they found an exit to all this. However, Miora had something else in her mind, eyeing her surroundings as though she was looking for something.

“By right, that card…it should be around here somewhere…” thought Miora as she eyed around the place.

As Miora took a step forward, the mist around her cleared away, revealing more of her surroundings. By then, she could see the Trap Card, Spellbinding Circle, stuck onto the ground. Upon that, she went over to pick it up.

“It is now confirmed,” sighed Miora.

“What is now confirmed?” asked Penny.

“This,” answered Miora as she held up her card, “I had placed this in the previous room & now…I found it again. In translation, we were all duped!”

“What!?” exclaimed both Penny & Curtis.

“Yup, Overmind Liberion was never intending for anything other than facing Clair in the first place,” said Miora.

“But that’s just as good as just directly dueling Clair…” claimed Curtis.

“Through our duels, we have the potential to create Duel Energy,” said Miora, “and with lots of Duel Energy collected, tremendous power that even God would cower before can be unleashed upon the world.”

“So they now know of the truth…” said Liberion, seeing over his holoscreen, “you know what to do now, my Knights, the spearheads of Arcadius.”

“We understand & obey, my Lord!” cried both Hashim & Ryo.

Almost immediately, they rushed out of the room, leaving Liberion alone.

“The girl is correct; I have a use for all these,” said Liberion as he held his medallion, “this thing & its other half will amass the powers needed to awaken Mana & reform the whole world.”

Unknown Room, Arcadius Citadel

“So this is all a scam…so what should we do now?” asked Curtis, who was getting disgruntled over this revelation.

“What you should do now…is to fulfill your limited usage here to its maximum, infidels!” cried a voice coming from the mist.

Suddenly, the mist in the whole room vanished at once, revealing Hashim on the other side.

“Greetings, I am Hashim, a most holy Knight of Arcadius!” greeted Hashim, “and now, one of you shall duel me & with no questions asked.”

“Well, I for one demand to know what’s going on!” demanded Miora.

“Well you gotta duel for it instead, girl!” said Hashim as he activated his Duel Disk, followed by that of Miora’s.

[align=center]

Hashim (LP: 4000) Miora (LP: 4000)[/align]

“Here I go, I draw!” said Miora as she drew out the Left Leg of the Forbidden One, “now, I play Witch of the Black Forest in Defense Mode!” (1100/1200)

A witch donned in a black robe appeared & knelt down in mediation.

“Also, I set 2 face-down cards & end my turn,” said Miora as she set 2 copies of Break the Seal onto her Disk.

“Once he attacks my Witch, I will add 1 Exodia part to my hand & then Break the Seal will provide me 2 more copies…I need to win this duel as quickly as I could possibly can!” thought Miora.

“Now I draw,” said Hashim, “and I begin by playing the card known as Hand Destruction!”

A spell card appeared on the field, showing a Sasuke Samurai slashing cards with his dagger.

“By this card’s effect, both of us will now discard 2 cards from our respective hands & then draw 2 new ones to replace them,” explained Hashim as he discarded 2 cards (Flint Cragger, Giant Soldier of Stone) from his hand, “so just dump your Exodia monsters now!”

“How do you know about this!” exclaimed Miora as she looked at her hand, which already held 2 Exodia cards.

“Damn it, now I have to discard either 1 of those 2 Exodia cards…” thought Miora, “but I could always try to get them back…”

After some thought on the matter, she finally discarded Altar of Tribute & Left Leg of the Forbidden One & drew 2 cards right away.

“Now I activate the Spell Card, Fossil Fusion!” declared Hashim, “by removing a Rock monster like the Stone Soldier in my graveyard from play & another monster in your graveyard from play too, I can Fusion Summon a Fossil Fusion Monster to the field.”

“But the only monster I got is Exodia’s Left Leg…” said Miora.

“Which is a Level 4 or below Spellcaster-Type…and I can now summon the Fossil Magician Skullmage!” cried Hashim.

Exodia’s Left Leg then rose out of the ground along with the Giant Soldier of Stone as they mixed together in a bright light to form a skeletal creature in animal skin & had a bone staff in its hands. (2100/1400)

“Now I play the Spell Card called Time Stream & by paying half my Life Points, it allows me to reverse evolve my Skullmage to another Level, that of Fossil Magician Skullpriest!” said Hashim as Skullmage glowed & transformed into a taller figure wearing more ornate clothing & accessories. (2400/1600)

[align=center]

Hashim (LP: 2000) Miora (LP: 4000)[/align]

“Finally, you must show me some obedience by this Spell Card of the same name,” continued Hashim as the Witch stood up, “and since I had used a Normal Spell Card, something happens now, actually 2 things.”

The bone staff of Skullpriest glowed & fired a blast at Miora, while it continued to glow & made it stronger. (2400/1600~2900/1600)

[align=center]

Hashim (LP: 2000) Miora (LP: 3500)[/align]

“So it can dish out 500 points of damage & grants it 500 Attack points at the same time,” assumed Curtis.

“Let’s follow up this with an attack,” said Hashim, “Ancient Sorcery!”

Skullpriest gave off a loud ear-piercing cry as it spun its staff around before launching a blast to attack the Witch. The blast was so powerful that it also sent Miora flying back to hit the ground.

Hashim (LP: 2000) Miora (LP: 1700)

“Damn it, with the Left Leg gone now…” thought Miora, “Exodia is gone…but as a good Exodia Duelist, I always keep several back-up plans just in case…”

Another Room, Arcadius Citadel

Meanwhile, the 4-man party of Marco, Fuyuki, Matt & Gethin was still wandering around the mist-filled room with Fuyuki’s powers as their only guide. Suddenly, the mist inside all cleared away at last.

“Ah finally, the whole thing is all clear now!” exclaimed Matt in relief.

“Huh?” cried Fuyuki, “this…this couldn’t be!”

“What couldn’t be?” asked Marco.

“It-it’s impossible…but how…” cried Fuyuki in shock & disbelief as a card grazed at his left leg.

“You should not ponder too much on the facts for they don’t need to be thought on,” said a unknown being, who walked out to be Ryo Worth.

“It’s you, the one who has those Cyberdark Monsters!” exclaimed Marco, “what are you doing here?”

“Nothing much, just merely fulfilling my mission of creating the new world order that shall reform all of creation itself,” said Ryo, “but I need to duel you as a vital part of the Plan itself. So let it be…the Cyber Dragon person!”

“Ha, you are in for a run for your money now!” said Marco as he activated his Duel Disk, “I am personally trained in the Art of the Cyber Style & will not be beaten by its Dark half!”

Ryo made no verbal response to it, only a simple snicker as he activated his own Duel Disk as well.

[align=center]

Ryo (LP: 4000) Marco (LP: 4000)[/align]

“I draw!” said Marco hastily, “and I play Future Fusion! By sending all 3 of my Cyber Dragons to the graveyard, I can Special Summon my Cyber End Dragon 2 turns later!”

He then searched his whole for those 3 cards & then slid them all into his Graveyard slot. The Spell Card itself also appeared on the field as well.

“But why wait when I can activate Overload Fusion in the meanwhile,” continued Marco, “by removing all 3 of my Cyber Dragons in my graveyard from play, I can Fusion Summon the Chimeratech Overdragon now!” (?/?~2400/2400)

The 3 Cyber Dragons appeared as phantom images for a while as they merged together to form a black metal core, in which 3 dragon-like metallic heads came out.

“With him to protect me, I will now set 2 face-down cards & end my turn,” said Marco.

“So terrifying,” remarked Ryo as he drew his card, “and I play Trade-In & by discarding a Level 8 monster, I can draw 2 cards.”

He then discarded his Tyrant Dragon & then drew 2 more cards. (Ties of the Brethren & Cyberdark Keel)

“Now, I summon the Cyberdark Keel in Attack Mode!” said Ryo as the black metal stringy dragon appeared, (800/800) “normally, it could attach a Dragon Monster to leech off its power, but seeing as I have no monster qualified for the job…I play this card instead!”

Suddenly, the Ties of the Brethren card appeared & both Cyberdark Edge & Horn appeared next to one another. (800/800 x2)

[align=center]

Ryo (LP: 3000) Marco (LP: 4000)[/align]

“That card was Ties of the Brethren & it can summon 2 more Level 4 monsters at the cost of 1000 Life Points,” explained Matt, “but those monsters cannot attack or be Released.”

“If that’s the case, then why summon them like that?” wondered Gethin.

“Isn’t it obvious already!” yelled Matt.

“Fusion Summon…” uttered Marco coldly.

“Yup, took you long enough to figure,” said Ryo as he slid in the Polymerization card, “I will now combine all 3 Cyberdark Monsters so that I can Fusion Summon…my Cyberdark Dragon!!!” (1000/1000)

The 3 Cyberdark monsters were then mixed into a dark portal & in a gust of violent wind; the Cyberdark Dragon appeared & roared loudly.

“Now fear its power for he can now equip a dragon monster in my graveyard & take all its Attack Points,” declared Ryo as Tyrant Dragon appeared & was captured by the mechanisms of the Cyberdark Dragon, (1000/1000~3900/1000~4200/1000) “and now, attack the Chimeratech Overdragon!”

“I activate Cyber Repairer!” declared Marco, “you may be able to draw 1 card from your deck, but at least my Overdragon will be saved from your monster’s attack.”

“But you will still take the Damage for it! Cyberdark Stream!” commanded Ryo while he drew a card.

Cyberdark Dragon then let out a deafening screech that evaded Chimeratech Overdragon, but it damaged Marco also.

[align=center]

Ryo (LP: 3000) Marco (LP: 2200)[/align]

“So you had dodged that strike well, but let’s see how it goes on from here,” said Ryo, “I set a face-down card & end my turn now.”

“And now, it’s my turn,” proclaimed Marco as he drew Parallel World Fusion, “and I will not just let you have your way with me in this duel! I play the Parallel World Fusion Spell Card!”

The card appeared on the field & then a colourful portal appeared in the ceiling over the field.

“Now I can Fusion Summon a Fusion Monster if all its Fusion Material Monsters are now removed from play, so I summon the Cyber End Dragon!” shouted Marco as the portal struck lightning to the ground & the 3-headed cyborg dragon appeared, (4000/2800) “and now, I follow up my play with an Equip Spell, referred only as Power Load!”

Suddenly, a strange attachment device appeared & attached onto the Cyber End Dragon; the device then unleashed several wires to be plugged into Chimeratech Overdragon. Voltages of electricity were passed from the Overdragon to Cyber End. (4000/2800~5200/2800)

“If I choose not to attack you with Chimeratech Overdragon, the equipped Cyber End Dragon gets to keep its Attack bonus,” explained Marco, “but enough of the cheap talking & moving on to the Battle Phase…attack Cyberdark Dragon with Super Strident Blaze!”

Cyber End Dragon then fired its powerful blue energy blast at Cyberdark Dragon, but it only managed to destroy the Tyrant Dragon that was attached to. (4200/1000~1300/1000)

Ryo (LP: 2000) Marco (LP: 2200)

Ryo (LP: 2000) Marco (LP: 2200)

“Too bad my Cyberdark Dragon has a scapegoat to take your hit,” claimed Ryo.

“But just 1 more attack & you are a goner,” said Marco, “and the time is now! I activate Desperado Battle! By lowering my dragon’s power by 1000, I can attack with him again! Go & end this duel for me!”

Cyber End Dragon glowed red as power left its body & then it fired its attack towards Ryo’s Cyberdark Dragon…until it disappeared from sight & out of the attack’s range. Suddenly, all 3 of the Cyberdark Monsters appeared on the field. (800/800 x3) Marco was quite surprised by what happened just now, until he saw the De-fusion Spell Card on Ryo’s side. (5200/2800~4000/2800)

“Lucky, you had a De-fusion that you could use to separate your Cyberdark Dragon & avoid your narrow defeat,” noted Marco, “…end turn…”

“My turn then,” said Ryo, “and it will be the last one. I play Magical Stone Excavation to retake a Spell Card by discarding 2 cards from my hand…and I let you have a guess on whatever it could be…”

“Polymerization…” assumed Gethin.

“Of course,” replied Ryo as he discarded Masked Dragon & Armed Dragon LV 3 to retrieve his Polymerization card, “and I think I will use it again! Come out now, my almighty Cyberdark Dragon!”

Suddenly, the 3 monsters were once again absorbed into a portal of darkness & in a gust of wind, Cyberdark Dragon appeared again & Tyrant Dragon was quickly attached onto it. (1000/1000~4400/1000)

“Even if you attack my Chimeratech Overdragon, I still have some Life Points left to turn the game around,” said Marco.

“And this will be the game over part then,” Ryo said as he slid in a card onto his Disk & Cyberdark Dragon glowed & roared with a surging outburst. (4400/1000~8800/1000)

“Just swell!” cried Gethin sarcastically, “he just played Limiter Removal & now things really go downhill from here.”

“By sending my Witch of the Black Forest to the graveyard, I can now add a monster that has a low Defense to my hand,” said Miora, “and I include in…the Right Arm of Exodia, the Forbidden One!”

“Take all the pieces you can get, and you’ll never beat me still!” yelled Hashim, “ok, I just set a face-down & then end my turn.”

“Ok then, I draw,” declared Miora, “for my 1st step, I will activate the 2 Trap Cards that I have on the field…and they are…Break the Seal!”

Suddenly, the 2 face-down cards opened up to reveal as such.

“If I were to send it & another card on the field also called Break the Seal, I can add in another Exodia part,” explained Miora as the 2 Break the Seal faded away, “and since it works both ways, I get both Exodia’s Head & his Right Leg!”

“And now, I have 4 of them…but I just need that one I just lost…but that could be amended easily…” thought Miora as she looked at the card in her hand that she just drew this turn.

“I summon this guy to the field, the Dimensional Alchemist in Attack Mode!” said Miora as a masked warrior draped in white cloak & armor appeared, (1300/200) “and I shall attack your Skullpriest now!”

“Huh? Is she gone mad or something?” exclaimed Curtis.

“No, but when my Alchemist is destroyed, I can add a monster that is removed from play…like the final piece of the puzzle called Exodia & win this game,” explained Miora, “without further ado, attack his Skullpriest!”

“Oh I beg to differ, I activate Command Silencer,” announced Hashim as a totem pole appeared directly in front of Dimensional Alchemist & unleashed a deafening screech that stunned him.

“What in Heaven’s name!” cried Miora in protest.

“Command Silencer can unleash such high volumes of sound that it drowns out all your commands given out,” explained Hashim as he reached out to his deck, “and now, I can draw a card.”

“Fine, but once you destroyed my monster, it is all over for you,” cautioned Miora, ending her turn.

Hashim then quickly drew out his next card, Confiscation. Seeing it, he let out a smirk.

“It has been real fun you infidel, but I’m afraid that it must end now,” said Hashim, “I play the Spell Card, Confiscation, a card that allows me to pay 1000 Life Points & gives me the right to force a discard from you…or least under normal circumstances…”

“What do you mean by ‘normal circumstances’?” wondered Curtis.

“Thanks to Skullpriest’s effect, I am barred from paying Life Points just to use my Spell Cards,” said Hashim as he pointed at Miora’s hand, “I need not to see your cards to know what they have, so I command you to discard Exodia’s Head right away!”

With some reluctance on her part, Miora grudgingly discarded Exodia the Forbidden One to her graveyard.

“And since I used a Spell Card, you take some pain while I have a great gain…victory,” said Hashim as Skullpriest fired a blast from his bone staff at Miora. (2400/1600~2900/1600)

Hashim (LP: 2000) Miora (LP: 1200)

Hashim (LP: 2000) Miora (LP: 1200)

“Even if I were to attack your Dimensional Alchemist, I can still stop you from winning,” noted Hashim, “but I think you should deserve to know…”

“Huh? Know what?” questioned Penny.

“Why, the truth of things to come,” replied Hashim, “all the duels…Special Cup…all those battles with those pathetic masked grunts…even this…it is all but a mere offering to God for the wish to remake the world itself…”

Suddenly, the ground rumbled as the ceiling broke apart. Matt, Gethin, Fuyuki & Marco all fell through it as a smiling Ryo stared down at them along with his vanishing Cyberdark Dragon.

Ryo (LP: 2000) Marco (LP: 0)

Ryo (LP: 2000) Marco (LP: 0)

“Fuyuki is it?” said Ryo, “your power to be aware of time-space continuum is quite impressive, but it also allows you to realise the facts when you come across it.”

“What…what facts…” demanded Matt.

“W-we were going arou-around in circles all this time…” said Fuyuki, “they just ne-need us to provide the Du-Duel Energy for their real pl-plan.”

“Ryo, you finished them off rather quickly,” remarked Hashim as he looked up.

“We need to do a clean sweep of the whole thing; that was our orders,” said Ryo.

“Right enough, as I was saying, this whole thing is only about His Exaltedness & her…Clair Kinet…their duel shall be the real fight for the world…no, the entire universe itself,” said Hashim, “Skullpriest, end this charade too!”

Skullpriest cackled loudly as it swung its bone staff & fired a blast to hit Dimensional Alchemist & the blast then sent Miora, Penny & Curtis flying backwards to gather with the other defeated ones.

[align=center]

Hashim (LP: 2000) Miora (LP: 0)[/align]

“Little kids should learn how to stay away from fire,” said Ryo, “or you may get burnt…badly.”

“And this fire is not only of destruction, but a flame that shall consume & recreate absolute perfection & all of creation itself…” continued Hashim as he placed a card in his Disk, “as such…”

“Disappear!!!” cried both Hashim & Ryo in unison as great winds had sent the whole group away from here.

NASU Emergency Camp, Oregon State, NASU

Mao & Timothy were looking through a glass window into a medical room where a doctor & nurse were treating the unconscious Dario. After a few moments, the doctor finally walked out of the room.

“So how are you related to the child?” asked the Doctor.

“We are his…friends! But that doesn’t matter now; how is he?” asked Timothy.

Suddenly, another nurse rushed towards them & tapped the doctor as a signal. He then listened to what the nurse had to say & turned to Mao & Timothy one more time.

“I am sorry gentlemen, but I have something else to handle that needs my attention, therefore I must take my leave,” said the Doctor, “and we will continue the discussion later on.”

That nurse then guided the Doctor on their way to that “urgent matter” that he claimed to have.

“Timothy, I think you should call the rest of them to come here & go to Emergency Room No. 130-136 right away,” said Mao.

“I don’t get it!” asked Timothy, “are you toying with me?”

“I never toy around, especially when it comes to their life & deaths,” replied Mao, “it is them, those who braved through Liberion’s front…7 have fallen…and they are all here now…so call their kin & friends to gather by them…”

Fossil Magician Skullpriest

EARTH/Rock-Fusion/LV 6/ATK 2400/DEF 1600

1 Rock-Type Monster + 1 Level 5 or 6 Spellcaster-Type Monster

This card can only be Fusion Summoned by effect of “Fossil Fusion”. While you control this face-up card on your side of the field, you do not pay Life Points for Spell Cards. When you activate a Normal Spell Card, inflict 500 points of Damage to your opponent. Also, this card gains 500 Attack Points until the End Phase of the turn.

Hashim: Today’s Card of the Day is revolving around my very own Fossil Magician Skullpriest! As another one of my wondrous creations using the unique Fossil Fusion system, he can prevent me from paying Life Points just to use Spell Cards & when I play one, it becomes stronger & your opponent takes a hit to their health.

[spoiler=Next Chapter]

Mao: That kid, Dario…his mind is polluted with scars of his past…and it hurts me just to see them too. In order for him to look forward the better tomorrow; I shall extinguish his sinful past! Next on Yu-Gi-Oh Key of the Mind-Ch 81-Key of Heart! Those dreadful sentiments, let me unlock them and let you embrace the world as it is!

yet another awesome installment of your semi-some-unknown-period-of-time series.....

The time period is actually set 10 years after 2060, when Psychics were exposed to public. During th length, the world had been divided & in chaos in some extent.

These are other non-plot related events that shape the world.

-America is between the Super-Union (controlling most of continental America) & the Confederacy. (controlling only the Southwestern states)

Texas is annexed into Mexico again. Alaska, Pureto Rico & other overseas regions were annexed into the Canadian Commonwealth, Caribbean Commonwealth & Oceanic Commonwealth respectively, all part of the Grand British Commonwealth.

-China (PRC) has collapsed & divided into various states like Canton, Kwangxi, Tibet, East Turkestan, China (ROC), United Mongolia, Manchuria...the remaining Northeast region of China was annexed into Human's Juche Republic of Korea

-Powerful unions were also formed...

-AEU-Advanced Eurasian Union (consisting most of Europe, Russia, Central Asia & Iran)

-African Sosialis Federation (controlling Africa)

-Mid East Islamic Federation (an Islamic absolute theocratic monarchy that rules all of Mid East)

-SEAU (South East Asian Union) & People's United Republics of Indochina

-Indian Federation (ruling all of Indian subcontinent & Tibet)

-USSA (United States of South America)

-Neo-Empire of Japan (possessing a few overseas regions)

-United Kingdom of Scandinavia & United Kingdom of Benelex

-Vatican Catholic Federation

-Grand British Commonwealth

This topic is minimally in this fanfic, but will be more dominant in my next fanfic...

Interesting things have happened then' date=' hey? Big things, no wonder there wasn't much of an outcry on what was happening with the psychics, with all this stuff going on they had bigger things to worry about, or so they THINK!

Anyway, great chapter.

[/quote']

Yup, the Psychics exposure is actually a plan by the Confederacy to stall USA for a surprise attack. With the world bothering it, the Confederacy attacked & a radical rebellion occurred in China. Several governments even have a change in national policies...but my next fanfic will explain all this terminology in greater detail.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry that it had to take so long, but schoolwork this year is hectic & murderously limiting available time for writing. But I still produce the result of a new chapter & you can all now enjoy...

Note: If you want, I can post up a few spoilers for my second fanfic which will be a spin-off of this one.

[spoiler=Ch 81-Key of Heart]

Liberion sat alone in his room, quietly watching a holoscreen depicting Clair & the other 2 guys with her advancing up the stairs & nearer towards him. He let out a smile as he saw the image & felt his medallion. Suddenly, the door opened up as both Hashim & Ryo returned from their successful mission.

“Our Sire, we had just…” proclaimed Hashim before he was interrupted.

“I know, I saw, and now I shall soon conquer…” said Liberion with glean, “Clair & the other 2 are now on their way up here. Halt the 2 males’ progress, but not Clair’s for you shall let her pass.”

“Huh? But I thought we are supposed to stop all of them!” claimed Ryo, “so that you can conduct your master plan without any disturbances!”

“I can’t do it alone & must need her & only her with me! Don’t force me to repeat my orders!” yelled Liberion.

Without any further saying, Hashim & Ryo left the room & began to walk away. Suddenly, Hashim gave Ryo a punch in his gut.

“Ouch! What’s that for!” cried Ryo.

“Disobeying the commands of our liege; his Word should be clear enough for even you infidel to understand!” said Hashim, “and yet you are still ignorant & questioned him! Next time, just obey his Word!”

“That old geyser should step aside for the strong…and that would be me…” thought Ryo as he got up after the surprising assault on him.

NASU Emergency Camp, Oregon State, NASU

Inside the Medical Rooms No. 130-136, 7 people were being treated inside there. They were Penny, Curtis, Miora, Marco, Matt, and Fuyuki & Gethin. There were 2 nurses outside the rooms looking over at the patients in there.

“So where did they came from?” wondered the first nurse.

“Well…I’m not so sure about it…I think they should be from Oregeorgia,” said the second nurse.

“They must be one of those unfortunates who were crushed by the fleeing mob of people there,” assumed the first nurse, “ah, people nowadays…the world is just too distorted! I wish someone would just be able to change the world & unify it as one.”

“You better be careful on what you wished for sometimes or it may become real & you may not like it,” warned the second nurse.

“Alright ladies, you should quit your gossiping now & save it for later,” said Dr. Teong as he came up from one of the rooms, “I want you two to take care of the people in there, while I meet up with their folks.”

As soon as he finished his words, Louis Dales rushed all the way up there along with his wife.

“Boy, that was fast & I haven’t called them yet,” muttered Teong.

“Excuse me, but do you know where’s those Med Rooms 130-136?” asked Louis exhaustingly.

“You are right in front of them,” said Dr. Teong, “and I am Dr. Teong, a member of the White Hawks & you must be a loved one of the wounded here.”

“Yes, but we want to know how are our children & Clair?” pressed Louis.

“Louis…they’re in there…” Layla said tearfully as she saw Penny & Curtis unconscious on their beds, “…oh my God…”

“Don’t worry about them all; they are all strong-willed & will pull through the crisis,” consoled Teong, “but Clair & Norman, they are still out there. After seeing this, I can only hope that they are safe…”

Dario’s Room, NASU Emergency Camp

Meanwhile, back at Dario’s room, Mao was strangely staring intensively over the window & into the unconscious Dario. Mao was holding onto his Duel Disk all this while as Timothy just recently returned & saw this strange action.

“Mao, what are you staring at?” asked Timothy, “I know you’re weird & all, but seriously…”

“Shush, I’m trying to dig out his kid’s memories...there’s something about him that I have a vibe with,” said Mao as his 2 eyes glowed for a while before resuming to normal state & he fell backwards.

“Mao, you alright or what?” asked Timothy.

“I’m alright, but my worry is on him,” said Mao as he pointed at Dario, “his past…it’s so distorted…I think I need to do something about it…”

Without a word, Mao attached his Duel Disk onto his arm & barged into the room. He then focused his vision at the sleeping Dario.

“Awaken & rise,” said Mao as his eyes glowed…and Dario suddenly rose again & saw Mao.

“You…you…you’re that Chinese mind reader!” exclaimed Dario.

“So nice of you to remember me by something,” said Mao, “and I know what you’re thinking now & no, Liberion has forsaken you as you have outlived your usage. All of us are just pawns for his ultimate plan…a plan that is coming to its conclusion very soon.”

“No…no…NO!!!!!!” yelled Dario as his Psychic powers triggered a strong telekinetic force over the room to repel everything backwards. His Duel Disk quickly flew to his arm & activated for it.

“So it’s a duel then; something that I expected,” responded Mao as he activated his own, “and I’ll not be easy on you.”

Dario (LP: 4000) Mao (LP: 4000)

Dario (LP: 4000) Mao (LP: 4000)

“Ok, I’ll start off first!” cried Dario as he drew a card from his deck, “and I will summon the monster known as Tyranny’s Victims in Defense Mode!” (400/2000)

Suddenly, a group of peasants appeared & knelt down. Their expressions were of a mix between rage & fear, but they stood firmly against their foe.

“I set a card face-down & end my turn,” said Dario.

“My turn then,” said Mao, “I summon the Mad Dog of Darkness in Attack Mode!” (1900/1400)

Suddenly, a very furious brown-furred dog appeared & growled angrily at Dario.

“Boy, it’s surely haven’t got its rabies shot yet,” remarked Timothy & the Mad Dog gave off a growl at him in return.

“Settle down boy, your real enemy’s there. I play the Spell Card Rush Recklessly to boost its power,” said Mao as the Mad Dog howled with more power, (1900/1400~2600/1400) “So now, victimize the Victims!”

As such, the Mad Dog of Darkness angrily charged at the Victims of Tyranny & easily mauled them with its teeth.

“Boy, that was rather easy…” claimed Timothy.

“Please I already know of all your little plans now,” said Mao, “you are trying to assemble 3 specific monsters that will devastate my Life Points…I know all about it…”

“It doesn’t matter anyway, I will just find another way around things,” answered Dario fiercely.

“A Burn strategy is what you based your deck on…I know just what to do about this,” said Mao, “I set 2 cards face-down & end my turn.”

“And now I make my move and it’ll be one that lasts,” said Dario as he drew, “In my Standby Phase, I play Truth Reinforce, in which I can now Special Summon a monster that has up to 1000 Attack Points like the Fleeing Citizens!” (600/600)

Dario (LP: 3200) Mao (LP: 4000)

Dario (LP: 3200) Mao (LP: 4000)

Suddenly, a crowd of peasants appeared & they were all looking mad. However, their hidden rage was overshadowed by the growling of the Mad Dog.

“And now, I activate Premature Burial & pay 800 Life Point in order to Summon back my Victims of Tyranny,” said Dario as the Victims returned with even more burning rage in them. (600/600)

“Sorry, but your attempt is a no-go,” said Mao, “like I had said earlier, I knew what you are going to do & I am prepared for all of them. I activate this face-down Trap Card, Silent Outcry!”

The card opened up, showing a Malice Doll of Demise standing solitarily in a barren terrain amidst many dead bodies. It was staring blankly into the sky.

“This card will destroy every face-up Spell Card on the field & both of us will inflict 400 points of damage for each of them,” explained Mao as Premature Burial shattered into pieces (along with Tyranny’s Victims) & a compressing wave of pain was felt all over the area.

[align=center]

Dario (LP: 2800) Mao (LP: 3600)[/align]

“I knew you had that card all along…” said Mao in a sing-song manner of triumphant.

“Damn…I set a face-down card & end my turn,” said Dario grudgingly.

“And I make my move now,” said Mao, “and I am aware of your Fleeing Citizens can defeat my Dog when they attack it. So I am hitting you right now…Attack!”

“Activate face-down card, Mine Blast,” said Dario, “and this allows me to discard 5 cards from my deck.”

“But the attack is still on,” claimed Timothy while Dario discarded the top 5 cards & Mao suddenly went shocked. As the Mad Dog rushed forward ready to attack, a magnetic force field suddenly appeared & it blocked out its assault.

“But…how…did…” exclaimed Timothy also in shock.

“Electromagnetic Turtle…if it were discarded, the player can choose when to end the Battle Phase…like now…” uttered Mao.

“Bet you didn’t expect that at all,” said Dario.

“But so did you; for you wished for a miracle,” claimed Mao, “but I will just end my turn as that.”

“And now my move,” said Dario, “and I’ll attack your Mad Dog with the Fleeing Citizens!”

“But this is crazy, the Mad Dog could destroy them easily,” remarked Timothy.

“But wait till you hear their effect…that will destroy my monster before Damage Calculation & inflict me some damage equal to my monster’s Attack,” said Mao as the Fleeing Citizens stampeded at the Mad Dog & managed to torch it alive as the flames were spread towards Mao himself.

[align=center]

Dario (LP: 2800) Mao (LP: 1700)[/align]

As the flames continued to engulf Mao, he began to recall something…something that he forgotten…

“Through these 2 medallions, I shall acquire the power to change this corrupted world…All will be reset to the Omega Point…This is all but a mere part of Humanity Instrumentality…All that was lost or departed shall return…Wait for me, we shall be reunited soon…Cassandra…no matter what…”

Suddenly, Mao regained his mind & noticed that his attack was over at last. However, what he heard still disturbed him.

“Just like how the Beast was vanquished in the Hound of Baskerville,” remarked Dario, “I set a face-down & end my turn now.”

“Hmmm…what could that be…a memory from someone whom I read his mind…but whose…” thought Mao as he pondered over what happened.

“My turn again,” said Mao as he drew out a Trap Card, “and I activate my face-down Trap Card known as Hollowed Shell Revival! Now I can Special Summon a monster from my graveyard in Defense Mode, but it will have 0 Attack & Defense & with all its effects neutralized. So I summon back the Mad Dog of Darkness!” (1900/1400~0/0)

Suddenly, the Mad Dog of Darkness rose from a dark abyss that appeared on the field. However, it looked very fatigued & worn-out.

“I set 2 cards face-down & end my turn,” said Mao.

“But what good will a powerless monster even do?” demanded Dario.

“If I reckon, your deck’s main strategy is Burn Damage based on the Attack strength of the opponent’s monsters,” said Mao, “by rendering mine to 0, you can’t make any big dents to my Life Points.”

“Now that’s a good defensive maneuver,” commented Dr. Teong as he walked by with Penny’s parents.

“Doctor!” cried Timothy hysterically, “this is not what it looks like…”

“Save it, Tim!” said Mao, “he knows everything here, just a member of the White Hawks should…”

“All of you, shut up while I begin my turn!” yelled Dario while he had already drew, “and I play…”

“So draw your 2 cards thanks to that Pot of Greed of yours,” said Mao relaxingly.

Dario was bluntly pissed off by Mao’s mind reading abilities, but he still played the card & quickly drew out 2 cards. Just then, Mao’s expression was changed to that of shock.

“Everything’s all set for it…” thought Mao.

“I summon the Secret Rebel Forces in Attack Mode!” said Dario as a gang of seedy-looking people appeared, (1000/600) “and now, I play Magical Stone Excavation & it allows me to take a Spell Card by discarding 2 cards.”

As such, Dario discarded 2 cards from his hand & added Premature Burial to his hand.

“And you’ll be using that card to summon your Tyranny’s Victims to the field, right?” said Mao.

And true to his words & to Dario’s annoyance, he indeed played Premature Burial & Tyranny’s Victims were quickly brought back to the field for the 3rd time this duel.

“But even if you use your Rebel Forces’ effect, it can’t do a thing to him,” noted Timothy, “and he can still survive all their attacks.”

“But your puppy’s getting a little cleaning…with my Cleansing Water,” said Dario as he played the card & crystal-clear water was sprayed at the Mad Dog, rendering it to its regular state. (0/0~1900/1400)

“If I am not mistaken, that card just adjusted all changes to the Attack & Defense of a monster on the field back to its original value,” said Teong, “but what good would that move do?”

“The good that I shall win this duel!” said Dario, “I now activate my Rebel Forces’ effect & send him, the Victims & the Citizens to the graveyard so that I can destroy all your monsters & deal you a total of 1900 points of damage!”

Suddenly, the 3 monsters converted themselves into a united stream of red, blue & white light that pierced through the Mad Dog & headed straight towards Mao…but even after the attack, he was still there while Dario laid flat on the ground.

Dario (LP: 0) Mao (LP: 1700)

Dario (LP: 0) Mao (LP: 1700)

“Uhhh…but how…” said Dario.

“Because of Divine Wind, this card reflects all Effect Damage back to you & the pain will be doubled this time round,” explained Mao, “but now, I implore you to let go of the dreadful past & to move forward to the future.”

“But the future…it is so uncertain…” said Dario.

“True, but that’s what makes it so welcomed,” said Mao as he embraced Dario tightly.

“It’s always these moments that made me cry…” said Timothy tearfully.

“But now…” said Mao as his tone turned to a serious one & looked at Dr. Teong, “there is still a crisis ahead. Dr. Teong, I believe you & your group are still in the dark on the true intentions of Overmind Liberion…and I have the information all about it…”

Divine Wind

Counter Trap

Activate only when an opponent activates an effect that would inflict damage to your Life Points. Negate the effect and inflict damage to your opponent's Life Points by an amount equal to double the damage you would have received.

Mao: Today’s’ Card of the Day is the Counter Trap Card, Divine Wind. When your opponent were to use a card effect for the sake of inflicting damage, this card comes in handy as it can reflect it back to the other guy in double!

[spoiler=Next Chapter]

Marin: C’mon! We are almost there already! Just a few more step…

Hashim: Sorry, but we cannot allow you to proceed any further now, so retreat or prepare for all the worst!

Liberion: But remember that only Clair may advance without troubles. Next on Yu-Gi-Oh Key of the Mind-Ch 82-Quadruple Duel!

Archived