Yu-Gi-Oh Key of the Mind (FINISHED)

Wyhe

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Come to think of it, I have a question thats been nibbling at the back of my head. How does Liberion and his gang manage to get the Wicked Gods, Earthbound Gods, Sacred Beasts etc. Makes you wonder if they have secretly been watching these creatures, and as they fell gathered the remains to re-create them in weaker and more controllable forms (same effect in the duels though). It really does make you wonder if they haven't been stockpiling this whole time for war, so Liberion may not have been the first to realize what he does now...

Come to think of it' date=' I have a question thats been nibbling at the back of my head. How does Liberion and his gang manage to get the Wicked Gods, Earthbound Gods, Sacred Beasts etc. Makes you wonder if they have secretly been watching these creatures, and as they fell gathered the remains to re-create them in weaker and more controllable forms (same effect in the duels though). It really does make you wonder if they haven't been stockpiling this whole time for war, [b']so Liberion may not have been the first to realize what he does now...[/b]

Ok...I will leave that for the story to say for itself & I don't catch that last boldened part...

Aahh' date=' it is badly worded. I mean that with all the stockpiled resources it makes you wonder if even before Liberion the Overmind's were preparing a takeover of some sort.

[/quote']

Those resources were not stockpiled for the Psychics themselves (or at least the main administration in Arcadius) were surprised by the events.

But that doesn't mean that other renegade Psychic organisations couldn't amass these powers for the sake of an inevitable fight...

Makes sense' date=' so when Liberion United them...

You know, Liberion uniting the psychics would make an interesting spin-off.

[/quote']

My first intended spin-off series was on the future as Clair tried to unite the world via a special Unit called NAPEU...but your idea could be another good one too! I mean, Marin could be the main char...and I can use both fanfics at once to describe the status of the world itself!

Amazingly, the new chapter came out faster now despite it being Chinese New Year & as a Chinese who needs to see his family at this time. Anyway, I wish all the Chinese & non-Chinese a good Chinese New Year with a prosperous year ahead! Now, let's get on to the chapter.

[spoiler=Ch 82-Quadruple Duel]

Communications Room, NASU Emergency Camp, Oregon State

Within the special Communications Room of the Emergency Camp, Dr. Teong stood there with Timothy, Mao & Dario. Teong was preparing to set up some communicational equipment, shaped like a flat metal platform with several numbered buttons on it; they were all placed in a circular fashion & there was a light at its center.

“Ok, the system is all ready now,” said Teong as he pressed a series of buttons on the machine, “and now…let’s see what we have here…”

The light glowed red for a while, but it suddenly turned green. The machine then let out a buzzing sound & the holographic 3D image of Charles, leader of the White Hawks, soon appeared over the platform.

“Alright, we have Charles live!” said Teong, “Mao, you can…”

“Yeah, yeah, I know what to do…” said Mao as he approached the holographic image, “hello, Mr. Charles. You may call me Mao & I am a Psychic, one who reads the minds of others.”

“Nice to meet you lad, but what you seek me for?” asked Charles calmly.

“I wish to speak with you in regards to an incoming threat from Arcadius & the motivations & intentions of Liberion’s actions…something I had found out & deemed too dangerous for,” explained Mao.

“I see…” responded Charles, “please don’t be offended by my words, but I am…skeptical of your claim & you need to be proofed of your credibility.”

“As in a duel perhaps,” said Mao as he readied his Duel Disk.

“A most splendid idea indeed,” replied Charles as he strapped one onto his arm.

“Well then, let’s begin our duel then,” said Mao.

Mao (LP: 4000) Charles (LP: 4000)

Mao (LP: 4000) Charles (LP: 4000)

“Ok, I’ll start off first,” said Charles as he drew, “and I set a face-down monster in Defense Mode as my only actions for now.”

As such, he placed the card horizontally & it appeared in front of him.

“My turn,” said Mao as he drew his card.

“Naturally, I can use my powers & see what he has down there…” thought Mao, “but he’s at a far distance from me…so he’s outside my effective range. Guess I have to duel this fairly for once.”

“It seems that you prefer a good Defense, but the best Defense is a good offense!” said Mao, “I now summon the Mad Swordsman in Attack Mode!” (1800/600)

Suddenly, a deranged-looking warrior holding a large broadsword appeared & yelled in hysteria.

“And now, I equip him with the Axe of Despair!” proclaimed Mao as the broadsword transformed into a wooden axe with the impression of human face on it, (1800/600~2800/600) “and now, my Swordsman will take down your only line of defense!”

The Mad Swordsman yelled out another cry as he dashed towards the card & slashed it, revealing a giant green mantis/dragonfly creature. (1400/900)

Mao (LP: 4000) Charles (LP: 2100)

Mao (LP: 4000) Charles (LP: 2100)

“It is safe to assume that this monster possesses a trampling effect,” said Teong.

“Yup,” replied Timothy.

“You took out nearly half of my Life Points with that strike alone,” said Charles, “but you had just destroyed my Flying Kamakiri #1 & I am allowed to summon a weak WIND Monster like my Whirlwind Prodigy.” (1500/1600)

Suddenly, in a burst of whirlwind, a brown-haired kid appeared onto the field. His presence was somehow causing all the winds nearby to move violently.

“If I could send Axe of Despair to the grave & attack with halved Attack…but Mad Swordsman will just get destroyed in the end,” thought Mao.

“I set a face-down & end my turn,” said Mao.

“Draw,” said Charles, “and I Release my Whirlwind Prodigy, who can be treated as 2 monsters if it were Released to Summon a WIND Monster. So, I Advance Summon…Simorgh, Bird of Divinity!” (2900/2000)

Suddenly, Whirlwind Prodigy disappeared in a whirlwind & he winds blew even more violently as a giant golden bird appeared from it & let out a loud bird-like cry.

“Since it was Summoned by the Releasing of WIND Monsters, I can return up to 2 cards to your hand like Mad Swordsman & that face-down card” said Charles as Simorgh flapped its wings to create a storm that blew both of them away & they reappeared in Mao’s hand, “now and, attack him directly with Ancient Storm!”

Simorgh screeched loudly again as it flapped its wings to create a devastating wind blast to damage Mao & nearly blew him away.

Mao (LP: 1100) Charles (LP: 2100)

Mao (LP: 1100) Charles (LP: 2100)

“Argg…this could get rough here…not knowing what the opponent does…now this duel may just be an actual challenge for me for once in my entire life…” thought Mao.

“Anymore?” wondered Mao.

“Just a face-down card & I end my turn,” said Charles.

Stairwell, Arcadius Citadel

As Clair & her 2 remaining allies were climbing their way up the long length of the spiral stairwell, they were apparently making very good progress along the way. Along the way, it was getting more & more obvious that Clair’s medallion was glowing brighter as they advanced nearer to their goal.

“C’mon! We’re almost there already. Just a few more steps & we’re home free,” said Marin as he rushed up beside Clair.

“But guys, I’ve noticed something weird here,” noted Norman as he caught up himself, “so far, only 2 people had been intercepting us & the whole journey is well…too easy. I think there may be a trap or some motive in this so-called ‘ultimatum’.”

“Yeah, just look at my medallion,” said Clair as she stopped for a while, “this thing has been like this for some time, as though it were collecting energy or something…”

“And how right you are!” declared a booming voice that came from above, “this is just the exact point of all this charade!”

“Where that came from?” demanded Norman.

“Up there, just at the top of this stairs,” said Marin, “so let’s hurry & get our answers!”

As such, they rushed all the way up there. It was only in less than 5 minutes that they finally made it up to the top…where they realised that they were not alone at all, with both Hashim & Ryo waiting there.

“It’s you two…” spoke Marin, “step aside boys if you don’t want to mess with the pros.”

“As gentlemen, I would be glad to allow the girl to advance…” said Hashim, “…but not you two! You’ll have to duel us instead!”

“And in a Tag-Team Duel to boot,” continued Ryo, snickering all the way.

“No way, you’re planning something & I won’t participate in it any longer!” cried Norman.

“Not that you have a choice in the matter, old man!” cried Ryo.

“Marin, Norman…” said Clair, “I will go & both of you shall stay behind…”

“But Clair, this is obviously a trap,” protested Norman.

“And it will be a Trap that I am willing to fall for,” said Clair, “just make sure that those two don’t stand in the way of my destiny…”

“As you wished, my Lady,” responded Marin as he allowed Clair to proceed towards the door ahead.

“Your Daddy has been expecting you for such a long time now, I bet he misses you so much,” said Ryo as Clair walked past him & also ignored his words.

As she was in close proximity to the door, it opened all by itself & as Clair prepared to go inside, she turned back one last time & saw the 4 duelists all ready to duel as their Duel Disks all activated at once.

Marin & Norman (LP: 4000) Hashim & Ryo (LP: 4000)

Marin & Norman (LP: 4000) Hashim & Ryo (LP: 4000)

“As per Tag Force rules, both of us now have 8000 Life Points for starters,” introduced Hashim, “we can only use our partners’ cards if they are on the field.”

“And cards that specify a certain opponent can be the partner of the said player too,” Ryo butted in, also, the order of sequence will be Hashim, then Marin, followed by me & finally that normal thing.”

“Hey, don’t be a racist here!” yelled Norman, “just because I am the only Homo Normus here doesn’t mean you can call me whatever you like! I have a name & it’s Norman!”

“And without any more questions & infidel ranting…I draw!” said Hashim as he drew, “and I will first summon a creature from the Land Down Under, the main land of the Oceanic Commonwealth, Uluru’s Guardian in Defense Mode!” (0/2300)

Suddenly, a lizard-like creature with only 2 legs & seemingly composed out of pure rock appeared & couched in defense.

“And I set 2 cards face-down & end my turn,” said Hashim as he concluded his turn, “and now senpai, let’s see what you got…”

“Senpai!? That’s what you call a mentor & I am no mentor of yours!” said Marin as he drew his card.

“I must interrupt your move as I plan to unveil my Trap Card, Coffin Seller!” declared Hashim, “whenever you send a monster card to the graveyard, you will lose 300 points for each of them.”

“I start off with this monster, the Level 5 Vice Dragon in Attack Mode!” said Marin as a semi-large purple dragon with green wings appeared & roared at its appearance, (2400/2000~1200/1000) “But since it was summoned like that, all its stats would be halved as a result, not that it actually matters. I continue by summoning the Tuner Monster, Chaos-End Master in Attack Mode too!” (1500/1000)

Suddenly, an angelic warrior in white armor appeared beside Vice Dragon.

“And with a Tuner Monster on the field, you know what that means…” said Marin as Chaos-End Master dissolved into 3 orbs of light, “Darkness & corruption conceal the entire world. The purest essences of evil itself are spread to its ends. Descend from the depths of nihility, Synchro Summon, Dark End Dragon!” (2600/2100)

The 3 orbs then spun in high speed to become 3 rings that coursed through Vice Dragon, dissolving it into 5 light orbs. Suddenly, a cocoon of darkness appeared & the Dark End Dragon slowly appeared from within the cocoon.

[align=center]

Marin & Norman (LP: 3400) Hashim & Ryo (LP: 8000)[/align]

“Since you had sent 2 monsters to the graveyard, you have taken the penalty for it,” said Hashim, “what do you have in mind when you did a Synchro Summon?”

“Your defeat, of course…Although I cannot attack until all 4 of us have drawn at least a card each, I can still use my Dragon’s special ability,” said Marin, “so I destroy your Uluru’s Guardian this instant!” (2600/2100~2100/1600)

“But alas, my Uluru’s Guardian has a special ability of its own,” said Hashim, “and that is if Uluru’s Guardian is under threat from a card effect, I can send a Trap Card on my side of the field to the graveyard in order to preserve it for the future.”

Dark End Dragon fired a shot of pitch-black fog at Uluru’s Guardian as Coffin Seller disappeared. However, the mist seemingly did nothing to it.

“Well…at least we don’t need to worry about that Coffin Seller again…” remarked Norman.

“Ok…I set 1 card face-down & may the next player move it!” said Marin, who was getting rather disgruntled.

“And oh, it’s my turn now,” said Ryo, “and I call forth the Hunter Dragon!” (1700/100)

Suddenly, an armored dragon appeared & let out a high-pitched roar.

“And I play Spell Sanctuary,” said Ryo as the card appeared & the roof glowed brightly, “each of us can add a Spell Card to our hands.”

As such, all 4 of them quickly took a Spell Card from their decks & added it. Norman searched out his deck & found a Double Summon amongst them. Meanwhile, Hashim just took out his Spell Card & let out a grin as he placed it in his hand.

“Also, as long as this card is in play, Spell Cards gain some unique properties similar to Trap Cards,” said Ryo, “and now it’s…that…uh…normal thing’s turn.”

“And it’s Norman to you!” cried Norman as he drew, “and I summon the almighty terror of the seas, the Phantom Dragonray Bronto in Attack Mode!” (1500/1000)

Suddenly, a large ray appeared onto the field. It was blue in colour, but its head was that of a dragon or serpent.

“Now, I play the card you let me have, Double Summon to trigger its true power,” said Norman as Bronto glowed in blue light, (1500/1000~2300/1000) “with its new-found strength, it will now attack your Hunter Dragon!”

Phantom Dragonray Bronto roared out loudly as its jaws easily crushed Hunter Dragon into nothingness.

Marin & Norman (LP: 3400) Hashim & Ryo (LP: 3400)

“And now, we are evened,” said Norman as Bronto descended & folded its wings in defense, “I finish my turn with just 1 face-down card.”

“And we have achieved a full circle in this duel!” said Hashim as he drew, “and I summon Sandstone Soldier in Attack Mode!” (600/2000)

Next to Uluru’s Guardian, a rock soldier made of soft sandy rock appeared.

“By sending this card to the graveyard, I can reduce your Dark End Dragon’s Attack & Defense by 500,” said Hashim as Sandstone Soldier broke into tiny pebbles & dust that flew at Dark End Dragon, (2100/1600~1600/1100) “and I proceed with Specimen Inspection & by discarding my Stone Statue of the Aztecs, I can force an opponent to discard a certain monster from their deck that fits through a particular criteria…like Level 8 Machine-Type monster.”

“Sorry, but I don’t have any monster with that criteria!” said Marin, “and I doubt Norman has one himself too!”

“But I do have such a card…and since I am actually the intended target for Specimen Inspection, I discard it…the Level 8 Machine-Type Dragonroid,” said Ryo as he discarded it instantly.

“And now for the real fight to begin…I activate Fossil Fusion!” exclaimed Hashim, “by removing my Sandstone Soldier & my partner’s Dragonroid, I can Fusion Summon…Fossil Machine Skullconvoy!!” (2100/1800)

The ground rumbled as both Sandstone Soldier & a cartoonish red robotic dragon appeared for a moment before a sand tornado melded them together as a truck with fossil-like designs on it. The newly-summoned monster then gave off a loud honk.

“As there are monsters on the field, my Skullconvoy can attack up to 3 times,” said Hashim, “so let’s go! Ram down all of their monsters!”

Skullconvoy’s engines suddenly went to life as it charged towards the opponent. Its headlights were firstly on Dark End Dragon & the fossil truck rammed it down. After that, the headlights were aimed at Norman’s Dragonray & it was also destroyed quickly.

[align=center]

Marin & Norman (LP: 900) Hashim & Ryo (LP: 3400)[/align]

“But how did we lose so much Life Points at once?” exclaimed Norman, “I doubt Skullconvoy has a trampling effect!”

“Not really, but if it destroys a monster, the opponent will take 1000 points of Damage,” said Hashim, “and now, I activate this card, the very card I got thanks to Ryo’s help.”

The card appeared, showing 4 ninjas with arrow lines pointing at them diagonally.

“This is called Side Attack, an unique Spell Card only used in a Tag Force Duel,” said Hashim, “and the effect allows me to pick an opponent & we will be locked in our own fight for this whole duel.”

“While I can go up against the other unselected player myself,” continued Ryo, “so partner, who will it be then?”

“Let me see…I think I will have to go for…him,” said Hashim as he pointed at Marin, “he seems to be more worthy of me.”

“And that leaves with the normal thing,” said Ryo.

“You racist! This ‘normal thing’ has a name here!” shouted Norman angrily.

“Settle down. You two! You can fight your hearts away when it is your turns,” said Hashim, “and now, where was I? Oh yeah, I was about to end my turn. Marin will go next, as per the order sequence set earlier.”

“I draw,” said Marin as he drew out his card, “and I set a face-down monster along with another face-down card & end my turn.”

“And it’s my turn,” said Ryo, “and this is the final round! I summon the Cyberdark Edge in Attack Mode!” (800/800)

Suddenly, a pair of black metal wings appeared & Hunter Dragon rose from the ground as Cyberdark Edge attached the dragon through a series of wires. (800/800~2500/800)

“It’s all over here,” said Ryo, “attack that thing directly & end this duel!”

Cyberdark Edge flapped its mechanical wings & gave out a wind blast that went towards Norman, as he braced for impact. However, he was somehow protected by an invisible shield.

[align=center]

Marin & Norman (LP: 3400) Hashim & Ryo (LP: 3400)[/align]

“Activate Trap Card, Draining Shield,” spoke Marin, “now, we are back where we start off.”

“Thanks partner, now we can stand with them on more equal grounds,” said Norman.

“Damn it…I end my turn then,” said Ryo.

“I draw,’ declared Norman, “I will just lie down on the defensive side with this card, the Gemini Summoner!” (1500/0)

A clown-like man in aqua-marine robes appeared & his expression was a cheerful one, despite the serious tone of the circumstances surrounding it.

“What’s that? Some kind of gay clown,” wondered Ryo.

“I hate homosexual jokes, but I hate you even more,” remarked Norman, “I end my turn with a face-down too.”

Communications Room, NASU Emergency Camp, Oregon State

Back at this duel, Mao has his entire field cleared away due to Simorgh, Bird of Ancestry’s effect. His opponent, Charles, however has his face-down card to complement his Ace Monster, Simorgh, Bird of Ancestry.

[align=center]

Mao (LP: 1100) Charles (LP: 2100)[/align]

“Ok, it’s my turn now,” said Mao as he drew out Mad Profiler, “and I throw in a face-down on the back slot of the field as my only move.”

The back of a card appeared directly in front of him for a moment.

“You must be running out of options in this, well let me put you down,” said Charles as he drew, “Simorgh, attack him directly now & end this duel with Ancient Storm!”

Simorgh screeched loudly again as it blew up a storm with its golden wings & it was heading towards Mao.

“I still have a face-down card left & I intend to use it!” cried Mao as the card opened & 4 Sheep Tokens of different colours appeared from it. (0/0 x4)

“So you had Scapegoat down there along…but I will settle for attacking one of them,” said Charles as Simorgh’s wind attack destroyed the red Sheep Token instead, ‘and I equip Simorgh with Silver Wing.”

Suddenly, Simorgh’s golden wings changed colours-from golden to silver.

“With that card in place, Simorgh can only be destroyed when attacked thrice in a single turn,” noted Dario, “and if Simorgh was destroyed, Silver Wing can just take the hit.”

“I will now end my turn & see what more you got,” said Charles.

“I draw then,” said Mao as he drew out Psychic Cyclone, “ok, by Releasing my 3 remaining Sheep Tokens, I can Special Summon my own Ace Monster too, the Mad Profiler!” (2600/2500)

The 3 Sheep Tokens melded together as a sphere of light, which turned into a portal. Then, a madman sitting on a wooden chair with a thick book in his arms appeared. The madman was snickering all the way.

“Nice monster, but it is still no match for my Bird of Ancestry,” said Charles.

“I follow up with this card, Psychic Cyclone,” said Mao as the card appeared, “I can destroy your face-down card & I can guess what it could be. If I am right, then I can draw a card.”

“And I hope I can be correct…even without my powers guiding me…” thought Mao.

“Your face-down card…I declare it…as…as a Spell Card!” declared Mao boldly.

A sudden whirlwind appeared directly below the face-down & blew it right off, revealing it as the Spell Card Shrink, before it was destroyed. Mao was very happy at this guess & quickly drew a card, the Thousand-Eye Idol.

“Even so, you still don’t stand a chance against my Bird of Ancestry,” boosted Charles.

“But this is where my Mad Profiler’s effect comes in & I need this card to help me out,” said Mao as he revealed the Thousand-Eye Idol in his hand, “by discarding a Monster Card, I can remove another Monster Card that is on the field from play.”

“Since it is a remove from play, Silver Wing can’t protect it,” said Teong.

“And Silver Wing will be gone as well, leaving his field wide open,” continued Dario.

Mao quickly discarded Thousand-Eye Idol & Mad Profiler pointed at Simorgh as he snickered again. Suddenly, Simorgh cried as it slowly vanished as if it were never here in the first place.

“Finally, attack him directly!” commanded Mao as Mad Profiler slammed its book shut & hit Charles’ hologram with the book.

[align=center]

Mao (LP: 1100) Charles (LP: 0)[/align]

After that final strike, the machine shut down for a while. However, it buzzed again with Charles’ hologram there again.

“Ha ha, you had proven yourself quite worthy,” said Charles as he laughed, “so what is it that you want to discuss with me about?”

“I know your organization wants to know about Liberion’s plans & I happen to know all about them…every last detail of it,” said Mao, “an old man once erased those thought from me, but now I had regained them back somehow.”

“Oh, that was the duel you had with Mr. Vertz,” claimed Teong, “it must have triggered your more dormant brain cells that was somehow suppressed.”

“So what is he exactly planning?” asked Charles.

“The ultimate reformation of all reality…he plans to literally remake the world,” said Mao, which surprised everyone.

Meanwhile, inside the final hallway in Arcadius Citadel, Clair was moving all on her own throughout the winding path. But suddenly, Clair stopped right in her tracks.

“Someone’s coming at me,” said Clair.

True to her words, there was truly someone in front of her indeed. It was Marin’s niece, Lunette & she was still as angry as Clair could recall last time at the warehouse.

“Lunette, what do you want?” asked Clair.

However, her question was met with silence. But, Lunette’s Duel Disk activated as she drew out her Opening Hand of 5 cards. Taking the hint well, Clair also did the same for herself.

“Only a duel can dissolve all that wickedness & darkness from her being…” thought Clair as she drew out her fifth & final card, Assault Mode Activate.

[spoiler=Card of the Day]

Side Attack

Continuous Spell

Activate only in a 2 vs. 2 Tag Team Duel. Select 1 opponent; you and the selected opponent are "paired"; also, your partner and the unselected opponent are "paired". A player's monster may only attack your paired player and your paired player's monsters. When your paired player has no monsters, you may attack an unpaired player directly.

Hashim: This card is the Card of the Day & is called Side Attack, a special card that can only be used in a Tag Force Duel. With this card in play, the duel is no longer a 2-on-2, but rather 2 different matches occurring at once. This card shall dissolve all teamwork that the opponent may have.

[spoiler=Next Chapter]

Norman: Marin…you had to go on…and win this for us & the world! You got that!

Marin: I can feel it…my own niece…fighting Clair…I must go & stop this meaningless scuffle at once!

Mao: Oh my God, everyone’s thoughts are so complex & loaded with emotions that it makes me sick!!! Next on Yu-Gi-Oh Key of the Mind-Ch 83-Tri-Fight! The Overmind wishes to remake & reform the world with those 2 things!

[spoiler=Special Spin-Off Spoiler #1]

During my countless years of service towards the Holy Empire of Arcadius, I had seen a lot & lived under the regimes of 3 Overminds, whose ideals had always struck a cord within me.

I must admit that my commitment towards the Empire was not truly strong from the start, but during 1 May 2063 CE, I met this kid who was also a Psychic & was nominated as Knight by both Overmind Pacificus & the previous High Knight themselves.

Like most of my colleagues at the time, I was also skeptical of this kid's prowess at first. As a result, we had a duel & see how he's like on the field. At the end, I was appalled by his skills & that willpower that I could feel. With that day onwards, I decided to teach him of the Way of a Psychic...and his name was Jeremiah Von Suez, also known as the "Last Scion of Holy Arcadius Dynasty."

Revolution, Memoir of Sir Marin Defleto, High Knight of Arcadius

[spoiler=Special Spin-Off Spoiler #2]

Name: Elisabeth Catherine Sutherland

Date of Birth: 1 May 2073

Nationality: Scottish-Psychic-Swedish-Scandinavian

Family Background Info: Second granddaughter of Joseph Sutherland, Head of Logistics of Arcadius & CEO of Sutherland Corp.

Education: Home-Schooled by Prof. Siegfried Gottwald

General Evaluation: Known to a rebellious being who prefers to do things her way & disregards most of her elders. However, she has a strong sense of dueling coupled with a good ability of piloting a vehicle...like a D-Wheel for example.

Deck: *Confidential*

Current Status: Unknown ever since she left her residence in Sutherland Corp. experimental D-Wheel, the Ouroboros at 22 December 2089. Reasons for actions are currently unknown at this point.

Last Updated: 29 December 2089

Category S, Arcadius Personnel Profile Archive

Ladies & gentlemen, I welcome you to yet another chapter of my fanfic. I will just let you know that this Ch 83 is the 5th last ep of this whole thing. (unless there is any last-minute changes to it) I thank you for all your support so far & will give some of my loyal readers reps for seeing this story through.

[spoiler=Ch 83-Tri-Fight]

Previously on Yu-Gi-Oh Key of the Mind,

The world is thrown towards chaos & mayhem as time ticks to the inevitable time where Overmid Liberion’s plans come into fruition. On 1 hand, Marin & Norman were engaged in a deadly struggle with the 2 remaining Knights of Arcadius, Hashim & Ryo. On the other hand, Mao was on the verge of spilling the beans in regards to the very truth itself…motivations brought forwards towards all the events around them. However, as Clair was making safe passage towards her only living kin, she was intercepted by Lunette, whom she still had scores to settle with.

Communications Room, NASU Emergency Camp

Back at the Emergency Camp, the duel between Mao & Charles had just ended & Mao was only close to revealing the much-coveted truth of events as everyone around him tensed up to hear it out, and were all stupefied by Mao’s claim.

“I always thought of that as an expression or a metaphor for his true ideals,” noted Charles, “but for it to actually be literally what he claimed as…absolutely unbelievable!”

“Believe it or not believe; that is of your choice, but the fact remains,” said Mao.

“But how will he even d…” asked Teong.

“There exist 2 mystical medallions that hold the very power to change the world itself. Each of them were used during the End of the Golden Ages to reform the world itself,” explained Mao, “one medallion holds the Key of Nature itself, while the other one is dubbed the Key of the Mind.”

“Nature and Mind…these 2 aspects that rule over all of existence,” claimed Teong.

“But there is a complex ritual involved in the usage of the 2 medallions,” said Mao, “for one thing, they can only be used by a Psychic with heightened strength in an environment charged with high energy levels. And there must be 2 Psychics who involve themselves in the ritual…and they must have a relationship in blood & harbor near-opposing sentiments towards each other.”

“And His Majesty & His daughter fit in all the set criteria!” exclaimed Dario, “I mean, they are opposing each other in all this conflict…but where are the 2 medallions in question?”

“By a twist of fate, both of them had acquired their own medallions each & should they ever duel in conditions where tremendous energy is at maximum output…they can utilize its powers if they receive God’s approval,” continued Mao, “and it could be any other force that is a vassal of Mana seen during human history.”

“Like a God,” said Timothy.

“And not just any God, but 1 of the 3 Sacred and Most Forbidden Gods that reined over Egypt over 5000 years ago,” said Mao, “and its name is…”

It was not clear on what Mao just said, but it surely chocked everyone around him again as he spoke those words.

Throne Room, Arcadius Citadel

Liberion had been intensively watching on 2 duels occurring in his domain. One was the Tag Force Duel between his 2 Knights against Marin & Norman, while the other one was the one between Clair & Lunette. Upon studying them with close inspection, he remained utterly silent at first…until hislips began to move…

“I never invited that girl to join the battle,” noted Liberion, “but…it matters not. Our medallions still need to harvest more energy if we must conduct the Reformation…but go & defeat her like an ant.”

Hallway, Arcadius Citadel

It was in this final hallway where Clair & Lunette began their duel…the last duel before Clair could reach her intended target…

[align=center]

Clair (LP: 4000) Lunette (LP: 4000)[/align]

“Ok, I will draw first,” said Clair, “and I summon Mind Protector in Defense Mode!” (0/2200)

Suddenly, a golden-armored robotic creature appeared & an energy shield was formed in its arms.

“Now I set 3 face-down cards & conclude my turn for now,” said Clair as she set those 3 cards. (One of which being Assault Mode Activate)

“And I draw!” said Lunette, “I will now summon this monster, the Masked Knight LV 3!” (1500/800)

Suddenly, a fully-armored knight in silver armor appeared & a short sword was attached to his back. Upon closer checking, it could be seen that there was a jewel on its forehead.

“His Attack is too low for my Protector,” said Clair, “you had changed your deck to a LV Monster Deck, right?”

“Yes, but its effect will deal you the damage I wanted,” said Lunette, “because for doing away with his chance to fight, I can deal you 400 points of damage! Persona Blast!”

The Masked Knight then launched a blast from its forehead & it damaged Clair as it hit her.

[align=center]

Clair (LP: 3600) Lunette (LP: 4000)[/align]

“And my punishment has yet begun, so I set 1 face-down & end my turn,” said Lunette.

“I draw,” said Clair as she drew out Krebons, “and now, I summon the Tuner Monster, Krebons!” (1200/800)

Suddenly, a jester-like entity surrounded with digital numberings appeared & it cackled weirdly.

“A Tuner!” exclaimed Lunette, “but that could only mean…”

“A Synchro Summon, baby,” said Clair as Krebons gave off one last cry as it dissolved into 2 rings, “Ancient magic & distant technology combine as 1 force to lead a path straight to the stars. Soul of silicon, align into existence. Synchro Summon, Magical Android!” (2400/1700)

Mind Protector flew inside the 2 rings & also dissolved into 3 orbs. Suddenly, the 3 orbs burnt with flames & the Magical Android appeared at last.

“I could use Assault Mode Activate now…but I plan to save it for later…” thought Clair, “sorry Android, but you will just have to sit back on this one.”

“Brace for impact now, because my Android will blast your Knight to dust with…Cyber Magical Blast!”ordered Clair as Magical Android unleashed a green blast at Masked Knight LV 3 & easily destroyed it.

Clair (LP: 3600) Lunette (LP: 3100)

Clair (LP: 3600) Lunette (LP: 3100)

“But my Masked Knight still lives on!” cried Lunette, “I activate the Trap Card, Regret Reborn! Since you had destroyed my monster, I can Special Summon it in Defense Mode!”

Suddenly, Masked Knight LV 3 reappeared again & it knelt down in a fixed position. (1500/800)

“Ok, now I end my turn,” said Clair, “and at this point is where my Android’s effect comes in & increases my Life Points by 600 for every face-up Psychic monster & with it alone a Psychic monster, I gain 600 points only.”

Magical Android then raised her staff & green energy flowed in dust towards Clair herself.

[align=center]

Clair (LP: 4200) Lunette (LP: 3100)[/align]

“And I draw,” said Lunette, “during my own Standby Phase, my Masked Knight deserves a nice promotion…and I level him up to its Level 5 form!”

Portions of Masked Knight’s armor slowly cracked off, and in a short while, Masked Knight became a much taller armored knight & had a longer sword with him. (2300/1300)

“Even with a higher Level, he is still too weak of a match for my Magical Android,” noted Clair.

“But you must know that 2 heads are better than one & so, I play Level Copy,” said Lunette as she played the card & an exact duplicate of Masked Knight LV 5 appeared, (2300/1300) “this special card will generate a clone of a LV Monster that I control, with all its effects built in. And now, their effects are similar to their weaker counterparts, only that they inflict 1000 points of Damage each. Go & take her down with your Persona Twin Blast!”

At the command, both the Masked Knight & its carbon copy sent out blasts at Clair for damage.

[align=center]

Clair (LP: 2200) Lunette (LP: 3100)[/align]

“Since I used this effect, I am forced to forgo their battles,” said Lunette, “but their effects alone have damaged you enough for now. With that, I set 2 more face-down cards & end my turn.”

“I draw,” said Clair calmly, “and I summon the Psychic Snail to supplement my Android.” (1900/1200)

Suddenly, a large purple-yellow snail appeared on the field & groaned loudly.

“By paying 800 Life Points, I can allow another Psychic Monster to attack twice this turn,” said Clair.

[align=center]

Clair (LP: 1400) Lunette (LP: 3100)[/align]

“Attack both of them now, my Magical Android!” commanded Clair as Magical Android fired an energy blast at both the Masked Knights & reduced them to mere dust.

[align=center]

Clair (LP: 1400) Lunette (LP: 2900)[/align]

“I play the Trap Card, Level Bond!” proclaimed Lunette, “by allowing you the honor of drawing 2 free cards, I can summon back a LV Monster of my own…and that means my Masked Knight LV lives on!” (2300/1300)

Suddenly, Masked Knight LV 5 rose from the ground & Clair drew 2 cards in response. (1 of which was Life Coordinator)

“But wait! I activate Appropriate, which grants me double of any number of cards that you drew via a card effect,” said Lunette as she also drew out 4 cards.

“I set 1 face-down card & end my turn now, which will trigger my Android’s healing powers again,” said Clair as Magical Android bathed Clair in a shower of light grains again.

Clair (LP: 2600) Lunette (LP: 2900)

Clair (LP: 2600) Lunette (LP: 2900)

“I draw,” said Lunette, “like its previous form, the Level 5 Masked Knight will change into…its final form…I give you the Masked Knight LV7!” (2900/2200)

Like its predecessor form, this Masked Knight’s armor also cracked apart & it grew even taller & with an extremely long & sharp sword on his back.

“As a word of caution, you ought to know that the final form of Masked Knight can inflict 1500 points of damage to you…and it can also attack you this time,” claimed Lunette, “so now, I will attack your Android first with my Masked Knight!”

Masked Knight LV 7 was all the more ready to strike down its opponent’s monster with its large blade…but it split into both its original component monsters, both Krebons & Mind Protector. (1200/800, 0/2200) Masked Knight then suddenly went on to strike Krebons instead, but was blocked by an energy shield.

Clair (LP: 1800) Lunette (LP: 2900)

“What…the…hell…just happened…” hollered Lunette, “why did it just…vanish…”

“Because of my Tuner’s Mind Trap Card,” said Clair, “when you try to attack my Synchro Monster, I can split it back to all its components & you must redirect your attacks to a Tuner Monster instead. And Krebon’s effect allows me to pay 800 Life Points to negate an attack on it.”

Meanwhile, the four-way duel between Marin & Norman against Hashim & Ryo was still underway with more development going on. Hashim just had the Fossil Machine Skullconvoy (2100/1800) & Uluru’s Guardian (0/2300) on the field, along with a face-down card & Side Attack which effectively rendered the duel into something as good as 2 different duels. His partner, Ryo, had Cyberdark Edge (2500/800) that was equipped with Hunter Dragon with him, along with Spell Sanctuary Spell Card.

On the other hand, Marin had been passive for now, with only a face-down monster & a set card for support. Finally, Norman had just finished his turn & gone over a defensive play with his Gemini Summoner (1500/0) and a face-down card too.

“So you think you had it all under control just by defending yourselves all the way,” said Hashim as he drew, “but your foolish thoughts shall be your downfall. Skullconvoy, attack Marin’s face-down monster!”

Skullconvoys headlights all aimed for the face-down monster & it dashed quickly to smash it. However, the card revealed to be a Shining Angel & it was quickly destroyed as Skullconvoy knocked into Marin too.

Marin & Norman (LP: 2400) Hashim & Ryo (LP: 3400)

Marin & Norman (LP: 2400) Hashim & Ryo (LP: 3400)

“Since my Angel was destroyed, I can summon a LIGHT Monster with 1500 Attack or less from my deck & I summon the Different Dimension Dragon to the field!” said Marin as a green warped-looking dragon appeared & screeched. (1200/1500)

“You apparently forgot that due to Skullconvoy’s effect, it can attack once more if you still have monsters,” said Hashim as Skullconvoy readied for another strike at the dragon.

“Oh no you don’t! I activate Covering Fire & it allows me to transfer the Attack of my own monster into another one on the field!” cried Norman.

“But you only have that gay clown on the field,” said Ryo.

“And my Different Dimension Dragon as well,” added Marin as his dragon roared loudly with more power flowing through it (1200/1500~2700/1500) & easily vaporized Skullconvoy with its blast.

[align=center]

Marin & Norman (LP: 2400) Hashim & Ryo (LP: 2800)[/align]

After the attack, Different Dimension Dragon glowed as its Attack returned to its original value. (2700/1500~1200/1500)

“Thanks Norman, knew you would be there for me when I need you,” said Marin.

“Ok you had it easy now, but I still have Uluru’s Guardian to shield me,” said Hashim, “end turn…”

“And now, I draw,” said Marin, “and I activate my own face-down card, Greed Pact & all of us can draw a card each!”

With that, all of them each drew a card. Both Marin & Norman were happy to see their card that they had just drawn.

“What are you two smiling like idiots about?” questioned Ryo.

“And if you are curious on what I just got, I’ll show right away! I Release my Different Dimension Dragon to Advance Summon the Strong Wind Dragon in Attack Mode!” (2400/1000) said Marin as Different Dimension Dragon disappeared into a portal & a larger muscular green dragon appeared & roared loudly.

“Just so that you may know, my Strong Wind Dragon is no pushover here for his effect allows him to gain Attack equal to half of the Released monster’s Attack if that monster happens to be a Dragon,” revealed Marin.

“And if I am not mistaken, Different Dimension Dragon is also a Dragon too,” claimed Norman.

Suddenly, the apparition of Different Dimension Dragon flew out of Marin’s graveyard & went inside Strong Wind Dragon, which was growling. (2400/1000~3000/1000)

“And now it is strong enough to blow Ayer’s off the map…and may it do the honors. Strong Hurricane!” commanded Marin as the dragon breathed a blast of spiraling flames at Uluru’s Guardian & the attack went on to burn even Hashim too.

[align=center]

Marin & Norman (LP: 2400) Hashim & Ryo (LP: 2100)[/align]

“But how did it even…damage me?” demanded Hashim, “my Guardian was in Defense Mode!”

“Strong Wind Dragon’s mighty attacks can blast through even the strongest of all barriers,” explained Marin, “so I set 2 cards face-down & end my turn for now.”

As Marin ended his turn, Gemini Summoner began to move about & swiped a cloak around it. Suddenly, the Summoner disappeared & a great dragon with similar armor replaced it. (2400/1500)

“Hey, what magic I this?” yelled Ryo, “the gay clown just used his dark magic powers to turn into a dragon!”

“Nope, just that I had used my Summoner’s effect to summon a Gemini Monster such as the Chthonian Emperor Dragon at the cost of 500 Life Points,” explained Norman, “but since it was a Level 6, I need to Release him, but it was all worth it. Did you know that that was the card that I drew just now?”

Marin & Norman (LP: 1900) Hashim & Ryo (LP: 2100)

Marin & Norman (LP: 1900) Hashim & Ryo (LP: 2100)

“With our 2 dragons together on the field, we shall crush those 2 worthless goons…together!” proclaimed Marin.

“Agreed, my friend!” said Norman as he smiled.

“Arg…just shut the trap while I grind you both to nothingness!” yelled Ryo as he drew his card, “I play the Spell Card, Self-Destruct Draw!”

A new card appeared, showing a drunkard randomly throwing all of his cards & they flew away in the wind.

“This special card allows me to draw 3 cards, but I am forced to discard the top 5 cards of my deck after that,” said Ryo as he drew 3 cards & then discarded about 5 of them immediately. (Masked Dragon, Level Up, Sangan, Masked Dragon, Armed Dragon LV 3 & Infernal Dragon) Suddenly, he was engulfed in a miniature explosion.

Marin & Norman (LP: 1900) Hashim & Ryo (LP: 1700)

Marin & Norman (LP: 1900) Hashim & Ryo (LP: 1700)

“I suffer 100 points of damage for every monster that was discarded by this effect,” said Ryo, “but this pales in comparison to my real plans…I play Polymerization now to summon the ultimate Cyberdark Monster!”

Suddenly, both Cyberdark Horn & Keel appeared beside Edge as they were all swallowed by a swirling portal & the Cyberdark Dragon appeared at once. (1000/1000)

“Behold, the Cyberdark Dragon…and be amazed as I give it the Infernal Dragon!” continued Ryo as the Infernal Dragon appeared & was equipped onto Cyberdark Dragon, (1000/1000~3800/1000) “and now, wipe that Emperor Dragon clean!”

Cyberdark Dragon roared loudly & launched a dark energy blast at Norman’s dragon, which was defenseless against the attack.

“Don’t fret yet, for I play this!” said Marin as his face-down Spirit Force is opened & Norman was protected despite his monster’s destruction, “with all the damage resumed to a mere 0, I can also take a Warrior-Type Tuner Monster that has at most 1500 Defense Points & add it to my hand.”

After that, he added the Chaos-End Master card into his hand.

“Damn it! I play the Continuous Spell Card, Deck Lockdown,” said Ryo as the card appeared, “with this card, we can only add cards to our hands by drawing & Monster Cards cannot be Summoned from the Deck until my 2nd Standby Phase…in which the duel will be won long ago…I end my turn as it is.”

“Oh well, we will just have to see about that,” said Norman as he drew out Star Blast, “I will firstly set a monster & 2 face-down cards on the field.”

He quickly placed the 3 cards, including the newly-drawn Star Blast, onto his Disk & then looked at Marin, his partner.

“Your Dragon is a Level 6…and that Tuner’s a Level 3…with my card…the combo is all set…” thought Norman as he thought of a combo involving Star Blast, Strong Wind Dragon, Chaos-End Master…and finally ending with a shadowed card, “but will he get my message…or not…and the last card should be what that will end this duel for sure!”

“Alright, I will just have to end my turn for now,” said Norman after much thought.

“Ha! You are just like all those noobs down there who all were too dumb to make a proper move!” insulted Ryo.

“Shut up! The power & synergy between our opponents are a force to be reckoned!” berated Hashim, “and that might just be the key to their possible victory.”

“C’mon! I can beat that normal thing without both hands tied behind my back!” claimed Ryo, “just go and make your move quickly so I can prove my point!”

“Honestly, you are just…so impossible!” said Hashim as he drew, “Alright, I play that face-down card of mine that I had kept hidden for so long.”

The card opened up & an invisible humanoid entity appeared on the field. (0/2500)

“Behold, Uluru, the Guardian Spirit! A Trap Monster that can only be activated during a Main Phase 1 if I had Uluru’s Guardian in my graveyard,” said Hashim, “but since it will just be destroyed in my End Phase, I will Release it first to Advance Summon…Granmarg the Rock Monarch!” (2400/1000)

It was unknown whether the invisible Uluru, the Guardian Spirit, had been there still or Released yet. But, a large & bulky humanoid with a rock-like armor appeared on the field.

“And I’m sure that you know what happens when he is Advance Summoned?” said Hashim, “and so, I think of…the suspicious face-down card that Norman had!”

“The game-winning combo…it will be broken!” thought Norman suddenly.

“That card is very important to us & we will not let you take it out, I play a Trap Card, Skill Shock!” said Marin, “by Releasing my partner’s monster, I can negate your Rock Monarch’s effect & it cannot attack this turn.”

Norman’s face-down monster revealed to be Gene-Warped Warwolf (2000/100) for a moment before it vanished as light grains. As Granmarg smashed the ground to destroy the face-down card, it stopped just at last minute, being paralyzed by electricity.

“What? And just when I had this in my hand…” thought Hashim as he looked at his D.D.R Spell Card.

“I just place 1 card face-down & conclude my turn,” said Hashim.

“And this next one…will be the last…” said Marin as he drew his card…Dragon’s Gunfire.

“And before we all make any move, I make my own!” declared Norman as his face-down Star Blast activated, “with this card’s power, I can pay 500 Life Points just to lower my monster’s Level by 1.” (LV: 6~5)

Marin & Norman (LP: 1400) Hashim & Ryo (LP: 1700)

Marin & Norman (LP: 1400) Hashim & Ryo (LP: 1700)

“Damn! Your cards just gave them an easy ticket to establishing a victory!” cried Hashim.

“And it just paves the way for me to summon my Chaos-End Master!” said Marin as the angelic monster appeared. (1500/1000)

“Your Chaos-End Master’s effect may allow you to Special Summon a monster, but my Deck Lockdown prevents you from doing so,” noted Ryo.

“True, but your card cannot stop this kind of Summoning…” responded Marin as he slid in a card, “but before I summon it, I play Scroll of Bewitchment & change my dragon into a LIGHT Monster.”

Suddenly, Strong Wind Dragon’s scales cast out a shimmering glow on them. Upon that, Chaos-End Master dissolved into 3 rings, an obviously ringer for a Synchro Summon.

“Holy light of The Lord grace our duel! Let us bathe in all its radiance! Synchro Summon! Shine in your glory, Light End Dragon!” (2600/2100) chanted Marin.

The 3 rings then flew into Strong Wind Dragon & it also dissolved into 5 orbs. Suddenly, a great light shone on the field & a long white serpentine dragon with a few golden armor pieces attached to it appeared on the field. It looked down on the field & let out a majestic roar that seemed so calming, and yet have a feeling of might in it.

“Yes! That is the monster I was hoping for!” thought Norman as he smiled.

“I will now commence attack upon your Rock Monarch!” declared Marin as Light End Dragon unleashed blinding white light from its body, “but as I do so, its Light Expansion effect will reduce my Dragon’s power by 500, but yours will be 1500 points lower!” (2600/2100~2100/1600, 2400/1000~900/0)

As Granmarg was engulfed by the light, it was quickly consumed by another blast of light that came from Light End Dragon itself.

[align=center]

Marin & Norman (LP: 1400) Hashim & Ryo (LP: 500)[/align]

“But we still have Life Points left…” claimed Ryo.

“And so you have…but not for long…” said Marin as he revealed Dragon’s Gunfire in his hand, “you know this card, and this will put you in your place of defeat. Sayonara!”

Light End Dragon launched a small fireball at Hashim directly & burnt him badly for the win. The flames also spread towards Ryo, who was trying to escape the attack, but even he was struck down by it.

Marin & Norman (LP: 1400) Hashim & Ryo (LP: 0)

Marin & Norman (LP: 1400) Hashim & Ryo (LP: 0)

“A word of caution boys,” said Marin, “mess with the pros and you will only get burnt…and badly too.”

After his statement, both Hashim & Ryo disappeared from sight. It could be heard that Hashim was making some sort of curse in his native Arabic tongue.

“Guess they were proven too unfit even for their liege,” remarked Norman, “but let’s go on to find Clair; she ought to be handling Liberion by now.”

However, Marin stood towards the door that Clair went through earlier as he felt around it. Suddenly, it went up & he looked somewhat shocked & thus fell back.

“You alright there?” asked Norman.

“Clair…she’s fighting…Lunette…my niece…” muttered Marin as he rose up & regained his composure.

“You have a niece? Now that’s some plot twist,” claimed Norman.

“C’mon, let’s go! I want all this to end quickly,” said Marin as he quickly ran inside along with Norman following after.

Back at Clair’s duel, her Masked Knight LV 7 had just attempted an attack on her Magical Android, only to be thwarted by a combo of Tuner’s Mind & Krebons. Lunette was slightly pissed off by that move, but looked at her hand for a re-evaluation of her tactics.

“I play my face-down Damage Summon,” said Lunette, “since I cannot destroy your monster just now, I can pay 800 Life Points to Special Summon a Level 4 or below monster from my hand.”

Suddenly, a slightly plump black metallic bird appeared & it let out a shrieking cry. (1600/1000)

“Say hello to Horus the Black Flame Dragon LV 4,” introduced Lunette, “I will now attack your Krebons again!”

“But Mind Protector only allows non-Psychic monsters with over 2000 Attack to attack only,” noted Clair, “so all that was still useless.”

“Not until I play Rush Recklessly & make it strong enough to attack,” said Lunette as she slid in the card. (1600/1000~2300/1000)

Horus then launched a blast of fire from its mouth & was ready to burn Krebons.

“I choose…not to activate Krebons’ effect!” declared Clair as Krebons ended being consumed by the flames & was destroyed.

Clair (LP: 1100) Lunette (LP: 2900)

Clair (LP: 1100) Lunette (LP: 2900)

Just then, both Marin & Norman finally caught up to see the duel as it was about to end.

“Clair! Lunette!” cried Marin, “Stop all this now!”

“Uncle Marin! You…you just wait for a little longer…I activate Masked Knight LV 7’s effect & wipe out all your Life Points! Persona Big Blast!” cried Lunette as her Masked Knight launched an even more powerful blast straight at Clair.

“Arg…Lunette!!!” yelled Marin as he dashed straight forward to intercept the attack, “This is not you! I won’t let you harm anyone, especially the liege!”

“Marin!” cried Clair, “I discard Life Coordinator right away & this will not only negate your Masked Knight’s power, but will also destroy it.”

Suddenly, a balloon-shaped phantom appeared in front of Marin to take the hit instead. It then flew straight into Masked Knight & destroyed it from the inside. With that, Marin tried to move in closer towards his niece.

“Phew, that was very close…too close for comfort in fact,” claimed Norman, “and Mrin, what you are doing? It’s too dangerous out there!”

“I don’t care…my priority is my niece! And that’s all that matters!” cried Marin as he struggled to move forward.

“Uncle…” said Lunette as she slid in another card, “I play Premature Burial, and by paying 800 Life Points, I can Special Summon my Masked Knight LV 5 from the great beyond!” (2300/1300)

Suddenly, the Level 5 version of the Masked Knight appeared & it coldly stared at Clair & Marin with its cold concealed eyes.

“And now, I will invoke my Masked Knight’s effect & inflict you damage of 1000 points!” declared Lunette as he fired a blast & it hit both Clair & Marin. Despite the piercing pain, Marin still moved forward towards Lunette.

Clair (LP: 100) Lunette (LP: 2100)

Clair (LP: 100) Lunette (LP: 2100)

“With Mind Protector’s effect to drain her of 500 Life Points, Clair’s finished,” claimed Norman, “I hope she still has some tricks up her sleeves…”

“And now, I set a face-down & end my turn,” said Lunette, “and since Horus has destroyed your monster just now, he grows strong…”

Suddenly, Horus was engulfed by pitch-black flames & it grew larger and more bird-like in its appearance. (2300/1600)

“Horus the Black Flame Dragon LV 6…just a more monster destroyed, and its Level 8 form will rise,” said Norman, as he was amazed by the creature before him.

“And while we are in the End Phase, I also activate my face-down Supernatural Healing,” said Clair, “this card will allow me to regain 1000 Life Points for every Psychic monster that was sent to the graveyard this turn & 2 of them were sent this turn, and so it grants me 2000 Life Points!”

Clair (LP: 2100) Lunette (LP: 2100)

Clair (LP: 2100) Lunette (LP: 2100)

“Phew, she did it again,” said Norman in relief.

“And I draw now,” said Clair, “and I have to pay 500 Life Points to keep Mind Protector on the field.”

Clair glowed slightly as her Life Points dwindled for her Mind Protector to take in.

Clair (LP: 1600) Lunette (LP: 2100)

Clair (LP: 1600) Lunette (LP: 2100)

“And now, I play Telekinetic Collector!” declared Clair, “this special card will allow me to Special Summon any number of Psychic-Type monster from my graveyard.”

“What!” exclaimed Lunette, “there’s got to be a catch somewhere?”

“Correct, like all Psychic-Type supports, they also demand a certain sacrifice & a restriction of course,” admitted Clair, “I can only Summon Level 1 or 2 Psychics & I will take 300 points of damage for all the Levels of the Special Summoned monsters, but it all will be worth it.”

Suddenly, both Krebons & the Life Coordinator appeared next to Mind Protector. (1200/800, 800/400)

“And those 2 are Level 2…so she will lose 1200 Life Points,” claimed Norman.

Clair (LP: 400) Lunette (LP: 2100)

Clair (LP: 400) Lunette (LP: 2100)

“Alright, now I commence Tuning!” proclaimed Clair while her Krebons dissolved into 2 rings, “Ascend into a plane beyond all existence! Enlighten thee with light of guidance! Synchro Summon! Rise from nothingness, Astral Plane Dragon!” (2000/1000)

The 2 rings then swept past both Mind Protector & Life Coordinator. They all then aligned with each other to form a great light…a light where a large green dragon appeared & roared loudly. (2000/1000)

“I activate Zero Hole, a Trap Card that shall destroy your Effect Monster,” said Lunette as her card flipped open.

“But you will not destroy my dragon just yet,” said Clair, “for I play an even more powerful card…Assault Mode Activate! This will swap in my dragon for…the Astral Plane Dragon/Assault Mode!” (2500/1500)

Suddenly, Astral Plane Dragon was covered in armored plates. One was placed on its head as a helmet, while another one was fixed onto its chest.

“For its effect, I can remove all cards from our graveyards from play & it gains 100 Attack Points for each of them!” said Clair as her Astral Plane Dragon/Assault Mode roared loudly, (2500/1500~4100/1500) “and now, attack her Masked Knight LV 5 with Astral Mega Flare!”

Astral Plane Dragon/Assault Mode then launched a powerful ray of energy at Masked Knight LV 5 & completely destroyed it into nothing.

Clair (LP: 400) Lunette (LP: 300)

Clair (LP: 400) Lunette (LP: 300)

“But I still have some Life Points left…” said Lunette, just when Marin finally made it to her.

“Lunette, come into me!” cried Marin, “I had failed your parents, whom they had once entrusted me with you upon their demise. It could be said that I had failed you once & before, but I WILL NEVER FAIL YOU AGAIN!!!”

With that, he quickly grabbed Lunette in his embrace & hugged her tightly.

“Look deep inside you & find the real you! And I shall lift you up!” cried Marin as his eyes glowed intensively; focusing in on Lunette’s eyes too, “Clair, quickly finish this…now!”

“That’s what I’m planning to do,” said Clair, “I activate Desperado Battle! By lowering my monster’s Attack by a mere 1000, I can attack you once again & this time, all your Life Points will be chipped in for my victory! Go, Astral Mega Flare!”

Astral Plane Dragon/Assault Mode then fired a second blast of energy at Horus, engulfing it in light & destroyed it utterly.

Clair (LP: 400) Lunette (LP: 0)

Clair (LP: 400) Lunette (LP: 0)

After the whole lightshow with that final attack, Lunette was sleeping soundly in Marin’s arms. Both Norman & Marin showed signs of relief that they had made it this far & looked at Clair, who was getting tired by that last fight alone & with her medallion glowing vibrantly.

“Let’s go boys, Father still awaits us…and we will talk when we meet soon enough…” said Clair as she tried to move.

“Clair, we’ll stay behind for a while,” said Marin, “Lunette & Norman had taken quite a lot…”

With that, only Clair alone proceeded to her destination…where she would confront Him.

After journeying throughout the strange halls of the Citadel for so long, Clair had finally reached the Throne Room where the Overmind would be most of the time. As she walked inside, Liberion could be seen on the other side, sitting on his throne as he glared at them.

“As I had expected, you would arrive here & carry the wish to do battle with me,” said Liberion, “however, you still do not know everything as it is…”

“I know everything Father, from the start to now,” said Clair, “and I say you are misguided!”

“But it is you who is misguided!” claimed Liberion, “…my daughter…”

Astral Plane Dragon/Assault Mode

LIGHT/Dragon-Effect/LV 9/ATK 2500/DEF 1500

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by the effect of “Assault Mode Activate”. When this card is Special Summoned, you can remove all cards in both you & your opponent’s Graveyards from play. This card gains 100 Attack Points for every card removed from play. Once per turn, you can regain 1000 Life Points if you return 1 card that is removed from play to your Deck. When this card has been destroyed, you can Special Summon 1 “Astral Plane Dragon that is either in your Graveyard or removed from play, ignoring all Summoning conditions.

Clair: Once again, the Card for the Day will be Astral Plane Dragon /Assault Mode. Being an advancement of my Astral Plane Dragon, it can remove all cards from play & gain power from all of them. Even when destroyed, I can summon the original Astral Plane Dragon instead! Hope this can help me to take down my misguided Father…

[spoiler=Next Chapter]

Liberion: My daughter, for thousands of years, humanity has roamed wildly like a mongrel race without Guidance of Mana. As a result, it has corrupted itself & wrought ruin upon themselves. My path shall lead all of us to true salvation! Next on Yi-Gi-Oh Key of the Mind-Ch 84-Reform Ritual! Let this most Sacred Duel be started!

I've noticed you take stuff from 5D's episodes for the fanfic like the walking in the duel thing.

Aki's father did the same thing.

But it was a great chapter and long too. Wonder which god it is.

You'll see soon enough...and yes, I did took that part out. (it was so dramatic & I couldn't resist it! Maybe my spin-off may feature Lunette's parents...)

Getting close to the finale... And the masked knights? Bit of a jump there' date=' but hey.

Well, let's see what happens in these last several chapters... And we all can't wait for the epic confrontations sure to come! Especially the next chapter...

[/quote']

Just wait till you see it...but I still have all the say for what happens when though...

Hello! And I have brought you another chapter & the beginning of the last fight...so be prepared for it!

[spoiler=Ch 84-Reform Ritual]

Hallway, Arcadius Citadel

Within the final hallway, Marin was tending to his weakened niece, Lunette, along with Norman. Norman had somehow gotten injured due to his previous duels, & as a result couldn’t move too much. Thus, he only resorted to slouching around.

“Arg…” Norman groaned in obvious pain.

“Norman, you are in pain even after so long. Are you really alright?” asked Marin.

“No worries, I’ll be alright…Ah!!!” replied Norman, but he suddenly cried out in pain as it relapsed again.

“Don’t try to act brave with me, you are hurt & most likely could become serious,” said Marin as his eyes glowed & focused in on Norman. Within seconds, he suddenly fell asleep.

“Sorry you two, but I must still continue the unfinished task at hand,” said Marin with downcast eyes & holding a card in his hand, “but may we meet each other again…if there were ever a tomorrow, that is…”

Outside the Citadel, a hole was blasted from the inside on the side of the structure. From the smoke, Light End Dragon flew out of the building with Lunette & Norman in its forelegs. Marin looked out to his dragon & stared at it for a moment in silence…before he proceeded to climb the stairs up again.

Both The Ally & Lullaby also managed to see Light End Dragon flying out of the Citadel as well, making their own interpretations of the action.

“So Master, it would seem that Marin is leaving the battle,” believed Lullaby.

“No, he is not on the dragon, for the injured are riding on it to safety for their own good,” said The Ally calmly, “the upcoming battle is the last & the most important one of them all. Regardless of who may win, the world will still change & may never be the same thing again.”

Throne Room, Arcadius Citadel

After such a long time of journeying & duels fought, Clair had finally made it to face her father, Overmind Liberion…or rather Severus Merlin Kinet. For quite some time, they remained silent since Liberion’s last statement. However, Clair decided to take the initiative to speak out, starting with a question.

“Father, tell me…why did you forsake me?” asked Clair.

“In order to facilitate my plans for the reformation, I had taken every possible measure in the last 10 years,” said Liberion, “I wanted to find you & Cassandra at first, but then I heard of her death & there was the Reformation that I must handle.”

“What do you mean by that?” asked Clair.

“Both of us having the 2 medallions are no coincidence…for I had planned it all,” said Liberion, “yours is called Key of Nature with the inscriptions bearing… The universe is born from chaos & split into them as order…Stable earth that supports life, Changing waters that breathes us life, Boundless sky that grants us hope, Flowing time that is ever bitter-sweet, Growing space that reach for infinity. We sought for a new order…”

“Yah, that I already know long ago,” said Clair.

“Ah, while mine is referred as Key of the Mind & the inscriptions are written as… If the New Order must last, humanity must shed its evils & start anew…With growing knowledge to inquire, Changing emotions so as to feel, Boundless willpower that shall achieve all. Alas the New World Order is all but ready,” chanted Liberion, “both of them were given to me by the Ally once & he told me how to use them. As such, I did that was necessary for this day.”

“You mean to say that…you set up all this all along!” exclaimed Clair.

“Precisely, it was I who gave Key of Nature to my mother, knowing that it will be given to you one day,” revealed Liberion, “and I left you with the Dales until you may be ready…for this day, so as we can duel each other…and invoke the Reform Ritual!”

“What Reform Ritual?” demanded Clair?

“Don’t you know how Evelyn managed to defeat Lilith & her tyrannical rule?” claimed Liberion as he was met with cold silence, “well let me tell you. Evelyn created the 2 medallions herself & gave one to Lilith. But, she also gave it to Lilith’s son, Cain, who disagreed with her birth mother’s wicked ways. When those 2 do an ancient Psychic’s Duel, their power, along with the thousands other battles that occurred in their presence, would create enough power to reform all of reality itself!”

“And like Evelyn…you used everybody around you…as though they were pawns that can be dumped when its use has expires…” said Clair, “…what justice is this to do that?”

“There is no justice in this world, or at least not anymore,” said Liberion, “for us the Psychics have been denied true justice for countless eons! What sin have we done that forced us to be condemned for all time while we allow those mongrel humans roam the world & turn it into the fragmented wasteland that is now? If you got an answer, tell me now!”

“Father, life is made as unpredictable & it’s up to us to make the actions & take every reaction to it,” said Clair.

“And as such, I had chose to make this reaction…TO CHANGE THIS WHOLE UNIVERSE!” declared Liberion, “For instance, see this world as what it is!”

Liberion raised up his right arm & a bright light suddenly flashed across the room. The next thing Clair saw was a strange & disturbing scene. Below her, there was a medieval village that was on fire with the straw roofs set on fire. As she could see, a group of 10-something people were being dragged out of the burning houses by another large group of armored guards. Those people were then brought forward to face a priest & a torturer. The priest instructed the torturer something & the torturer took out a steel hammer & smashed all their limbs one by one. Being from a distance, she couldn’t hear most of their conversations…but their cries when the torturer broke their bones devoid of mercy echoed in her ears.

“Quite a tragic scene indeed,” said Liberion, who was still standing some distance across Clair at about the same level, “the Spanish Inquisition, one of the many attempts by the Catholic faith to oppress Medieval Europe…and still to this day the organization still exists as the Vatican Catholic Federation that rules over Italian Peninsula.”

“But that was in the past!” cried Clair.

“Past or not, humanity is doomed to repeat themselves in history again & again,” said Liberion, “so now, let’s go further in time…”

The gruesome scene of the Inquisition vanished from them instantly…and the scene changed to a settlement by a slightly polluted river. Suddenly, a contingent of Japanese soldiers stomped through the area & dragged out some Chinese. A higher-ranking Japanese soldier was somehow inspecting the Chinese & he pointed at them. Upon the order, the soldiers all shot the Chinese civilians in cold blood.

“Sook Ching Massacre…or better rendered as the ‘Purging of the Chinese’,” said Clair, “so you showed me a World War II special & the one in Singapore, capital state of SEAU.”

“I was considering the Holocaust at first, but everyone knows that,” said Liberion, “and the current form of Japan still grows strong…while others didn’t fare so well.”

The scene below them changed once more again. This time, it was showing a mountainous area that was blighted by blizzards. Despite the strong winds, Clair could see people down there, tolling away at their mining. They were wearing little to protect against the cold front, and some heavily-clothed guards keeping watch over them.

“Early 1930s, in a region within the modern-day Independent Republic of Siberia, but back then it was part of Russia of the USSR,” said Liberion, “Stalin would capture political opponents or just anyone who hates & put them to work in the freezing frontier of Siberia, where they would hopefully die a peaceful death...or a harsh one under toll & bitter cold. And yet, they dared to call these atrocities as just! You tell me, what justice is there in any of these?”

However, Clair couldn’t dare to say anything against those facts, for they couldn’t be denied in any way.

“In fact, look at the current state of the world as it is,” said Liberion as the scene changed into an atlas of the world with various red spots all over it, “the red spots indicate signs of dispute in the area. Racial wars waged in the former Malaysia! Racism segregations in the Confederacy! Reformist-conservatives clashes in the Middle East! Communism-based brutality within African Socialis Federation & Human’s Juche Republic of Korea! Oppression of racial minorities in Kwangxi Zhuang People’s Republic! And the list just goes on and on! Tis a sad truth, but even to this day the world has not yet united as one.”

“But we don’t have to resolve them all this way! There’s always a peaceful solution to all the problems!” argued Clair.

“The previous Overmind thought that way too & look what that path got him! Being killed and I…I was not able to protect…him…I failed my duty as the…High Knight…” said Liberion as he wept, “just one night alone…and I lost everyone…and everything I hold dear…don’t you even think of the ends my plans will achieve upon success?”

“You will restart the whole world as though it were a computer program, what’s more to know,” said Clair calmly.

“That I could do the impossible…and bring back the dead,” said Liberion, whose recent words greatly shocked Clair.

“You…you…serious…about…it…the…revival…of the…the…the dead…” stuttered Clair.

“Absolutely, with the outburst of Mana produced, we can do the impossible & use its power to revive those who had perished in the past,” explained Liberion, “don’t you just desire the embrace of your mother one more time & her kindness that saw through the cloudy day? I can give you that which was taken from you & so many others over the years.”

“…But…the past is the past! We can only fight for what’s ahead!” cried Clair.

“Then…let this be the future instead! The future of the New Utopia!” cried Liberion as the room resumed to its normal state, strapping on a golden Duel Disk & walking down.

“So you are gonna duel me,” claimed Clair, “but I will no longer fight against you! You can’t start the Reform when I don’t duel you!”

“Ah, but who says you have a say in whether you want to or not,” said Liberion calmly as he pressed a switch on his Disk.

“Duel Disk overwriting sequence activating…” spoke a mechanical voice, “Duel Disk overwritten.”

As the mechanical voice finished, Clair’s Duel Disk suddenly activated on its own.

“Let me guess, you coerced Yugi Tenma into giving you the mechanism to force other Duel Disks to activate automatically,” realised Clair.

“Yes, I thought you might disagree, so I came prepared,” said Liberion as he activated his own Duel Disk & drew out his Opening Hand of 5 cards.

“If that must be the way all this must end…then let it be so,” agreed Clair as she followed up.

“Let the Ritualistic Duel begin!” cried Liberion as the dome-shaped ceiling opened up to reveal the sky & then Marin just came up in time to see the duel.

[align=center]

Liberion (LP: 4000) Clair (LP: 4000)[/align]

“Marin! Where’s Lunette & Norman?” asked Clair.

“They were injured & I sent them off to a safe location,” said Marin, “this place is no place for the wounded.”

“This most sacred duel will no longer be disturbed! I draw!” cried Liberion as he drew his first card, “and I will now summon…the Stray Asmodian in Defense Mode!” (1300/1700)

In a burst of flames, a strange floating creature in a purple cloak with white fluffed collar. Its head consisted of 3 different faces of the similar squeezed-up expression, one each of the colours red, blue & green. On top of it, there was a torch burning with flames.

“Now that’s an interesting monster,” remarked Marin, “I never saw those things before.”

“Never thought you would use a Fire monster of all choices to replace your previous Psychic deck,” remarked Clair.

“Fire is not only the tool for destruction, but also the key towards creation,” said Liberion, “as such, it is the perfect tool for the Reformation. I place 3 cards face-down & end my turn.”

“I draw,” said Clair, “and I summon the Psychic Snail in Attack Mode!” (1900/1200)

Suddenly, a large purple-yellow snail appeared on the field & let out a loud groan.

“Attack his Stray Asmodian with Snail Thunder!” commanded Clair as her monster fired a lightning blast & destroyed the Asmodian with ease. However, both of them were engulfed in sparks of the fire.

Liberion (LP: 4800) Clair (LP: 4800)

Liberion (LP: 4800) Clair (LP: 4800)

“Like I said before, fire is also a tool of creation. When my Stray Asmodian is destroyed, both of us gain 800 Life Points,” said Liberion.

“Now I place a face-down & it’s your move from here,” said Clair.

“I draw then,” said Liberion as he checked his hand, “…and I let you go do your turn.”

“He’s skipping his whole turn! There must be a motive under all this!” thought Marin.

“I don’t know what you’re up to, but I will stop it!” said Clair while she drew her card, “I summon a monster you would be quite familiar with…the Mind Master in Attack Mode!” (100/200)

A floating lightbulb-like creature appeared next to the Psychic Snail.

“And now, I will…” Clair was about to declare something before she was interrupted.

“Activate Trap Card, Dissonance!” cried Liberion as his face-down card opened, “from now onwards, while this card still stands, neither one of us can Synchro Summon a Synchro Monster! So don’t try anything on me!”

“He’s clever…without Synchro Monsters…Clair will have some problems now…” said Marin, “but her deck is not fully reliant on Synchro Summoning.”

“Regardless, I will still attack you directly!” said Clair as Psychic Snail fired a blot of thunder at Liberion.

“Activate Chaos Barrier Field!” cried Liberion, “this card will put your Mind Master to join me to defend against your direct attack & all the pain will be directed towards you instead.”

Suddenly, Mind Master disappeared & reappeared in front of Liberion, who then took the attack & was destroyed instead.

[align=center]

Liberion (LP: 4800) Clair (LP: 3000)[/align]

“Fine then, I will now end my turn!” said Clair.

“Draw,” said Liberion, “I summon the Red Gadget in Attack Mode!” (1300/1500)

Suddenly, a red toy-like robot appeared. A large gear was placed on its back & 2 eye pieces were put on its head.

“Curious, and more curious…now a toy monster? Just what could he be planning?” wondered Marin.

“It serves my purpose, so what kind of cards I use doesn’t matter,” said Liberion, “Whenever I either Normal or Special Summon a Gadget, I can add another one to my hand…or the Yellow Gadget in this case. Now I play this card, the Ultimate Offering!”

“That powerful Trap Card allows me to perform a free Normal Summon in their Main Phase!” noted Marin.

“Correct & I can pay 500 Life Points in order to summon the Yellow Gadget in Attack Mode!” said Liberion as a similar yellow robot appeared, (1200/1200) “and now, I can add the final one, Green Gadget to my hand…and summon it to the field as well!” (1400/600)

A third robot appeared next to the yellow one. It was somewhat different with the main gear placed in front & had only 1 eyepiece.

“And now…I had to pay 1000 Life Points for the 2 extra Gadgets…” said Liberion, “…and now I shall relinquish yet another 500 Life Points for another Summoning…”

[align=center]

Liberion (LP: 3300) Clair (LP: 3000)[/align]

And then, the floor suddenly rumbled as though an earthquake was happening. The sky was lighted by a series of lightning flashes & raining fire, along with the strong blowing winds.

“What the Hell is this?” cried Marin as he hanged on for his dear life.

“Change, my apprentice! Change is upon us!” cried Liberion as he raised a card high into the sky, “God shall be awakened & He shall vanquish all the impurities that contaminate our beloved world!”

Suddenly, a fireball fell on the 3 Gadget Monsters & instantly destroyed all of them. After which, it shot up the remains in a combusting ball that escalated upwards & seemingly disappeared. Suddenly, holo-screens appeared surrounding the 2 duelists. There were pictures depicting different areas all around the world.

Bangkok. Cairo. Singapore. Hong Kong. Nanjing. Beijing. Tokyo. New Delhi. New York. Miami. London. Paris. Berlin. Neo Vatican City. Los Angeles. Oregeorgia. Kim Jong-il City. Ho Chi Minh City. Moscow. Neo Mexico City. South Pole City.

Despite the wide variety of sceneries, they all share the same sky – that eerie dark cloudy sky filled with violent winds, fire & lightning, which drew up symbolically as a form of God’s wrath.

“What’s with all these pictures?” demanded Clair!

“So that we may be able to see the fruits of my labor, 10 long hard years of labor that cost the lives of many now being achieved,” said Liberion, “BRACE YOURSELF FOR GOD ITSELF!!!”

Even from a distance away, Lullaby noticed all that was happening with the strange weather around.

“Master…what is…” asked Lullaby.

“This is the beginning…the beginning of either the End or a New Beginning,” said The Ally calmly as he smiled & stared at the Citadel, the site where the final battle was taken place.

Red Gadget

EARTYH/Machine-Effect/LV 4/ATK 1300/DEF 1500

When you Normal Summon or Special Summon this card, you can add 1 "Yellow Gadget" from your Deck to your hand.

Liberion: The Card of the Day is the Red Gadget. Although it seems pathetically weak from how I see it, it serves an importance to my goal of summoning my God Card. When I managed to summon it, I can add in the Yellow Gadget to my hand & once I summoned it, I can get the Green Gadget. The cycle between these 3 cards will continue among the three so that I can get the required cards for the summoning…

[spoiler=Next Chapter]

Marin: Oh my God! It couldn’t be…but it is…but how!

Liberion: Ha-ha-ha!!! The Recreation has only begun! Face the true wrath of God & us Psychics too! Next on Yu-Gi-Oh Key of the Mind-Ch 85-The Summoning! Clair, I am thankful that you had helped me so far…but I must win from this step onwards!

Archived